22 YEARS OF SOBRIETY!!!!!

Aquajock

Cathlete
Greetings, sportsfans -

I've had the pleasure of posting my sobriety anniversary here on the Cathe forums for 8 years now, and I always look forward to it. Year 22 has passed fairly quietly, no major developments pro or con, just putting one foot in front of the other (preferably in athletic shoes to the beat of The Cathe). It never ceases to amaze me how good life can be when on a daily I don't do that one simple little thing that could, I truly believe, kill me.

July 20, 1987 I lay in bed gasping, a bloated, sweaty mess knowing I was late for work at a shit job that I was lucky to have. On July 19, 2009 I lay on the floor gasping, a lean sweaty mess having gotten through Shaun T's Max Interval Circuit knowing that a killer ab routine and upper body weights were ahead of me. From inebriety to Insanity. Now that's progress.

I know there are those here on these forums who are fellow travelers along Sobriety Road; I know too there are those here on these forums whose lives have been damaged by the alcoholism of a loved one and are prevailing despite those ravages. To those Cathe-ites especially, I offer my A-Jock Salute.

Now, if I could only get my driver's license . . .

THANKS FOR READING THIS!!! HAVE A GREAT WORKOUT DAY!!!

Love,

A-Jock

Your strength and humor have always amazed me. Congratulations on another year behind you and best wishes for the ones ahead.

((((hugs))) My heart is filled with joy for you.
Annette, yesterday I wanted to write a message to you that I admire you for your amazing athletic ability.
Today, I want to say I admire you for your amazing spirit and strength. I love reading your messages because they are always filled with upbeat, positive messages and crazy mish moshes:)

Congratulations on your anniversary!

Your strength and humor have always amazed me. Congratulations on another year behind you and best wishes for the ones ahead.

well said Robinella!

AQJ- I look here each and every July 20th for your annual sobriety post. Thank you for sharing your continued journey with us.

Congratulations to you - yours is a special journey and you certainly seem to be able to find your way! Keep it up! :D

Everyone here has said it better than I ever could! I'm not very eloquent, but congratulations on such a successful path! May it continue to be a positive road for you!

I have been a member of these forums for years - albeit not a regular poster - and have watched your journey. I just wanted to pop in and say CONGRATULATIONS as well. Your journey is truly inspiring.

Maria

Annette,
I love, love, love reading your yearly celebration post! Thank you for sharing and to quote Cathe from BC, "I salute you!"

Hip-Hip-HORRAY!!!!!!!

Congrats, Annette, and THANKS SO MUCH for sharing your story, openly, honestly, and with humor!!!

YOU ROCK!!!!!!!!!

Gayle

Happy Birthday, A-Jock! I always look forward to being able to congratulate you on another year of sobriety. Great job!

My DH recently celebrated 10 years. What an accomplishment for you both.

(My DS was born in July 1987, so I always easily remember how many years you have!)

I haven't been paying attention, obviously, :confused: as I never knew.

Kudos to you, Annette, for your achievements. Addiction is a hard thing to fight against. 22 years is fantastic. I am truly amazed at what a great person you are!

Congratulations!!! Your decision to stop drinking took courage. Change, no matter how positive, is always hard. I only wish my own dad could have dug deep enough to find it. Your contributions to this forum are immeasurable.

Annette - Wonderful news that you continue your journey. Man what two challenges you have conquered: your sobriety and Shaun T !

I have read about Insanity here and on the BB website but actually saw an infomercial just an hour ago. Woo hoo what intense workouts.

You are truly my hero on both accounts ! ^5's to you !

Annette, CONGRATULATIONS!!! It is truly an inspiration to witness someone who can beat the addiction. I have witnessed the devastation of alcoholism in both friends and family and it is an addiction that must be overcome only with the will of the alcoholic. It takes a strong will and I commend you!! :) Keep up the good work :D:D:D:D:D

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.