1RM Test - So Easy a Caveman can do it

Thanh you very much this sts 1rm cahart help me a lot, becouse I'm italian sometime is hard for me to understand the name of the ecercises, but with this is very simple. good idea for the international customer. Thank you

I have been procrastinating to do this for so long! But now that Sony has spoken, I got motivated. I printed out the list, thanks so much for it! And I will enter it in my workout manager when I'm through!

You are doing such a wonderful job helping me figure this out! Thaks so much!
You are amazing!

what are the numbers?

The exercise numbers on this list? I notice that they are all in the upper 100's. At first I thought it might have been the exercises in the sequence that we do them, but there's no "1" - I think the lowest I saw was 108. Sorry if this was asked someplace else and I missed it.

When I follow the instruction to print my 1RM the percentage do not show.
Is there a way to print them with the %?
Thanks,

Dumbells and calculating your 1 rep max

I have a question about using dumbbells for calculating your one rep max. When using 12 lb dumbbells for an exercise, do you enter 12 in for the weight, or 24 since you’re using two dumbells?

The new workout manager is very nice, but I have the same question as seara above - if I'm doing incline chest flys with 2 12 pounders, is that 12 or 24 for the 1 RM entry?

The new workout manager is very nice, but I have the same question as seara above - if I'm doing incline chest flys with 2 12 pounders, is that 12 or 24 for the 1 RM entry?

If you watch the tutorial, Cathe states she enters the weight for one dumbbell for exercises that use two.

My right arm is stronger than my left. How do I enter my weight to calculate 1RM? For example, I can do lateral raise 8lb in my right, but only 5 in my left.

My second question is due to my limited weight, if my exhausted reps is over 20, I could not see the calculation because new workout manager is only up to 20 reps, however, the old one can be up to 30. Can SNM bump the reps so that for people like me can get the 1RM calculated?

Thanks

You need to experience failure as close to 10 reps as possible when you do a test. The results from a 1RM test of 20 reps are almost worthless as they will be highly inaccurate.

Thanks, SNM.

I was surprised how much I can lift by testing 1RM. I need to go out get some more heavy weights.

But for different arms having different 1RM, do I go with lower 1RM?

Thanks

Deleting a Workout on Workout Manager?

Hi -

I added STS as my workout for today. Well, since I haven't received it yet, this would be difficult!!

How do I delete a workout from the Calendar?

Thanks!
Lily

Hi -

I added STS as my workout for today. Well, since I haven't received it yet, this would be difficult!!

How do I delete a workout from the Calendar?

Thanks!
Lily

Go to workout manager, chose "rotation". Then click the last one option: edit/delete rotation.

rats

so, then i need to redo my 1rm, if i went to 20 reps? i am obviously stronger than i thought i was. i have a couple @15 reps also. should i redo those?
thanks for all the help.

i'm just so glad i finally figured this out. and it is true, once you get started , it is not that hard. i have dial-up though and that is the hardest, trying to load stuff.

i have one more question, after i get my 1rm, what exactly do i do w/it? i don't know where to put it. i mean i have logged them into the calculator. but, don't they go somewhere else too?
thanks,cathy

I'm gonna have to redo some of mine too. One of my problems is that some exercises I just don't have heavy enough weights to go to failure within 8 reps... Cathe did too good a job building my endurance.... :)
I don't really feel like buying more heavy weights, since I doubt I'll be using them in the workout, since at best it will be 85-90% or 1 RM, right?

Once we enter the test results into the workout manager, isn't it supposed to reflect on the sts workout cards that can be printed for each disk? I think that way we can take the card to the workout with us and know just what weight to pick for each exercise. Do I have this right?

Does anyone else out there hate doing the 1 RMs?

I'll be so glad when they are done!

I think the best way look at 1RM is using it as guide line. You can not treat it as has to be. I don't have enough equipment to do the test, even I went to gym, I can only safely pick up 60lbs barbell to do squat or lunge. But I can do that for 30 reps without fatigue. Then, after 1RM test, it would say some of my load should be 26 lbs. I could not find that numbers for my barbell. I would just go with whatever I had and whichever is closer to the target numbers printed in the workout cards.

I love the workout cards. I think it has more value than 1RM test. I can prepare my equipment in advance to catch up with Cathe crew changing time. I can write down whether I can pick up the target lbs and reps it suggest. As time goes by, I would be able to track my improvement.

?

so, do you mean i just log them into the 1rm calculator and then the computer puts them on our workout card? not sure what you mean.
cathy

so, do you mean i just log them into the 1rm calculator and then the computer puts them on our workout card? not sure what you mean.
cathy

Cathy,

Yes, when you enter the data of your 1RM into work out manager and save it. It will automatically appear in your workout card for each of move, what the target weight for you would be and what your 1RM was. It is really nice feature. I can help me to pre set the equipment. It always takes me longer to move the weight around. I had an old barbell set. I don't have little incremental weight plates to allow me to meet the target weight. I had to play around with the plates I had.

ETA, you won't see your target weight info after you save your 1RM. Only when you go to choose STS disc and print out the workout card, you will see all information there. If you did not enter anything, it will say "N/A" or 0 for that move. Some of the moves that were not in 1RM test will also appear N/A, such as push up.

Last edited:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.