100+ pounds gone forever!

WOW! Congratulations on all the hardwork. Thanks for sharing. You look great. I love reading these success stories. Thanks again.:D:D:D

Added to my last post. I did read your last post about working 12 hour midnight shifts. OM!!!!! Girl you really ROCK. No way would I even have a life if I worked 8 hour midnight shifts. Now I have no excuse. Thanks again.

Congratulations. It helps to know that large losses are possible on my very slow weight loss journey.

Joan

Joan, You can do it too! I am rooting for you, remember one step at a time.

Erin, thanks! I look forward to hearing about your progress! You can do it.

lovetocamp--thanks, YES, I work 7pm to 7:30am, it is brutal but doable!! No excuses:)

Sandra

Hi Amy and LA, thank you!! I appreciate your comments. :D

Here's another before at 201 lbs and an "after" taken yesterday. I am so glad I found Cathe workouts and this site, I'm getting great results! I am 5'5"

picture.php

OMG:eek: Your such and inspiration!!! What a great accomplishment! Im close to that 100 mark,still got atleast 30 to go...may I ask,did you hit any plateaus along your journey? If so,what did you do to break them?

You look awesome girl! Congrats to you!!:)

dixiedog6, thank you! :)

Hi Amelia! Thank you!! YOU are doing amazing too!

Oh yes, I hit a few short (less than 2 weeks) and 1-2 longer (a month or so) plateaus for sure along the way. The biggest thing I did on this journey was change my mindset and not be in such a hurry to get the weight off quickly. Initially I just kept with my plan and during the "short" plateaus the weight started coming off again. Our bodies need time to adjust, so I don't think you need to change much for 1-2 weeks of no change on the scale. There are serious changes going on inside of our bodies that we can't see, and I'd focus on all the great things I was doing for my body.

For the real plateau, I cut back calories by 100-200 a day and increased the intensity of my cardio and added another day a week of strength training to what I was already doing. In no time the scale was moving again. I was eating the Zone way, about 40% carbs and 30% protein and 30% fat. This worked well for my body. For sure watching calories, macronutrients, and changing up exercises and intensity helped me break through plateaus.

Keep up the great work!!

Sandra

OMG:eek: Your such and inspiration!!! What a great accomplishment! Im close to that 100 mark,still got atleast 30 to go...may I ask,did you hit any plateaus along your journey? If so,what did you do to break them?

You look awesome girl! Congrats to you!!:)

Thanks for the tips, ive thought about changing my carb intake to 40%,right now im eating 50%...im slowly lowering it,i was eating 55 so Eventually I will get there,LOL.

my goal is to lose around 130 so im almost there!

Congrats agian and good luck to you!

Last edited:
Amelia, that's good that you are in it for the long haul and are taking your time to adjust. I do go a bit higher to 50% carbs on more intense workout days now, especially cardio. Right now my maintenance breakdown is about 40-50% carbs, 30-40% protein and 20-30% fat.

Nan, thank you! As of Feb 1st I have maintained 70 lb loss for over one year, and that is what I'm most proud of. :D

Sandra

1.gif
16.gif
1.gif

That is absolutely amazing-- way to go! :D Many congrats to you. You certainly deserve it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Congratulations Sandra! You look amazing and are such an inspiration. I also love your haircut. It's really cute.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.