100+ pounds gone forever!

lovetocamp

Cathlete
WOW! Congratulations on all the hardwork. Thanks for sharing. You look great. I love reading these success stories. Thanks again.:D:D:D

lovetocamp

Cathlete
Added to my last post. I did read your last post about working 12 hour midnight shifts. OM!!!!! Girl you really ROCK. No way would I even have a life if I worked 8 hour midnight shifts. Now I have no excuse. Thanks again.

JoanC

Cathlete
Congratulations. It helps to know that large losses are possible on my very slow weight loss journey.

Joan

ellesan

Cathlete
Joan, You can do it too! I am rooting for you, remember one step at a time.

Erin, thanks! I look forward to hearing about your progress! You can do it.

lovetocamp--thanks, YES, I work 7pm to 7:30am, it is brutal but doable!! No excuses:)

Sandra

ellesan

Cathlete
Hi Amy and LA, thank you!! I appreciate your comments. :D

Here's another before at 201 lbs and an "after" taken yesterday. I am so glad I found Cathe workouts and this site, I'm getting great results! I am 5'5"

punka274

Cathlete
OMG:eek: Your such and inspiration!!! What a great accomplishment! Im close to that 100 mark,still got atleast 30 to go...may I ask,did you hit any plateaus along your journey? If so,what did you do to break them?

You look awesome girl! Congrats to you!!:)

ellesan

Cathlete
dixiedog6, thank you! :)

Hi Amelia! Thank you!! YOU are doing amazing too!

Oh yes, I hit a few short (less than 2 weeks) and 1-2 longer (a month or so) plateaus for sure along the way. The biggest thing I did on this journey was change my mindset and not be in such a hurry to get the weight off quickly. Initially I just kept with my plan and during the "short" plateaus the weight started coming off again. Our bodies need time to adjust, so I don't think you need to change much for 1-2 weeks of no change on the scale. There are serious changes going on inside of our bodies that we can't see, and I'd focus on all the great things I was doing for my body.

For the real plateau, I cut back calories by 100-200 a day and increased the intensity of my cardio and added another day a week of strength training to what I was already doing. In no time the scale was moving again. I was eating the Zone way, about 40% carbs and 30% protein and 30% fat. This worked well for my body. For sure watching calories, macronutrients, and changing up exercises and intensity helped me break through plateaus.

Keep up the great work!!

Sandra

OMG:eek: Your such and inspiration!!! What a great accomplishment! Im close to that 100 mark,still got atleast 30 to go...may I ask,did you hit any plateaus along your journey? If so,what did you do to break them?

You look awesome girl! Congrats to you!!:)

punka274

Cathlete
Thanks for the tips, ive thought about changing my carb intake to 40%,right now im eating 50%...im slowly lowering it,i was eating 55 so Eventually I will get there,LOL.

my goal is to lose around 130 so im almost there!

Congrats agian and good luck to you!

Last edited:

ellesan

Cathlete
Amelia, that's good that you are in it for the long haul and are taking your time to adjust. I do go a bit higher to 50% carbs on more intense workout days now, especially cardio. Right now my maintenance breakdown is about 40-50% carbs, 30-40% protein and 20-30% fat.

Nan, thank you! As of Feb 1st I have maintained 70 lb loss for over one year, and that is what I'm most proud of. :D

Sandra

Brighton

Cathlete

That is absolutely amazing-- way to go! :D Many congrats to you. You certainly deserve it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

berry99

Cathlete
Congratulations Sandra! You look amazing and are such an inspiration. I also love your haircut. It's really cute.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.