10 Things about you that we Catheites may or may not know...

Great thread, Jilly. Nice to "meet" so many of you YOUNG Cathe-ites!

1. I'm a Cancer, like Cathe. I'm not a believer in astrology per se, but I must say that Cancer characteristics really are me. Which is interesting to me because, as you'll see, I'm not really supposed to be a Cancer.

2. I have an ADD child, and I'm about 99% certain that I am an undiagnosed lifelong ADD patient. :) But I'm a really "high compensator," as a psychologist would say. Although organizational skills are not easy for me, I've built so many into my life that I am now known among my friends for being legendarily organized. I'm the queen of notebooks, files, calendars, charts, etc.

3. I was born in the same hospital and in the same labor/delivery room that my mother was born in.

4. When I was born in 1955 (do the math, I'm gettin' old), my mom was only 30 weeks pregnant. I was given a 25% chance of surviving IF I lived for a week, and I was only given a 10% chance of surviving for that first week. Guess I showed them, huh? I was in an isolator/incubator for three months post-delivery.

5. I was not named until I was several weeks old. My parents were encouraged not to name me, the bizarre thinking being that if I didn't have a name it would be easier for them to lose me. This really was the Stone Ages.

6. I am 97+% Irish. I have one English great-great-great grandparent. Aside from him, my "people" are all lovers of potatoes and ale. :)

7. I was raised Southern Baptist in a very WASP-y environment, and had never met anyone Jewish until I was a senior in high school.

8. I've been married (very happily) for 19 years to a nice Jewish boy from New York.

9. I'm still trying to figure out what I want to do when I grow up. But my secret ambition is to write a book. About what, I have no earthly idea.

10. In my husband's family (including his parents, his siblings, their spouses, all the nieces and nephews, my DH, me and our children), every single person has a name or regularly-used nickname that ends with the "-ee" sound (as in "Kathy"). This was not intentional.

http://www.click-smilies.de/sammlung0903/sport/sport-smiley-003.gif Kathy S. http://www.click-smilies.de/sammlung0903/spezial/spudniks/spudniklifter.gif

1. Met DH on a blind date.

2. I'm 45 years old.

3. Grew up in the Chicago area, have lived in MN for 11 years.

4. I have two daughters and 4 stepsons.

5. I took a live class with Cathe in Oct. 2003 and it was great.

6. I took two live classes with Aquajock and it was great.

7. My favorite candy is Fannie May and I'm sad it went out of business.

8. I enjoy bike riding, inline skating, tennis and reading.

9. I wake up very hungry and can't wait to eat breakfast.

10. I hate decorating my house.

Joanne

RE: 10 Things about you that we Catheites may or may no...

1. I am 32 years old
2. Have been married for nearly eight years!
3. Have a 7 year old son who loves to cuddle!:)
4. Lived in Austin, TX my whole life minus 2 years in Dallas where I met my DH and brought him back to Austin with me.
5. DH moved in with me one week after we met.
6.Favorite movie is Grease.
7. addicted to magazines
8. weird habit - containers with sour cream or ice cream (smooth things like that) have to be smooth all around before I will put back in refrigerator - can't have big spoon dips!
9. Love HEAVY/hard rock music
10. Most people think of me as shy or quiet which I hate!
11. Have only been to a gym once

1. I lurk here a lot!
2. I am a born-again Christian, and am blessed everyday.
3. I have 3 dogs. If I didn't have to work I'd have at least 10!
4. Love black and white movies (which my DH hates!)
5. I own a construction company.
6. I firmly believe that chocolate should be one of the basic food groups.
7. Am turning 48 this year and as a lot of you have said, I am also in the best shape of my life.
8. I live in Vermont. I survive the winters by looking forward to our beautiful summers and fall.
9. I was diagnosed with juvenile (insulin dependent) diabetes at age 35.
10. I love to travel - Scotland is my favorite!

Nancy

I will give this a try:

1. I live in New Jersey, currently in Moorestown, which is about a half hour from Cathe.

2. Can't believe I haven't taken a live class with Cathe, but would like to soon.

3. Been married for almost seven years and met my husband at a restaurant that we both worked at (I was a waitress, he was the sous chef).

4. I have one beautiful daughter who is three years old.

5. Don't know if I want other kids.

6. I was a twelve time All-American for swimming while in college at Gettysburg.

7. This past fall, I was inducted into Gettysburg's Athletic Hall of Fame for my swimming accomplishments (pretty cool).

8. I suffered from anorexia for most of my twenties ( I am 35 now), and am happy to say I feel recovered and am grateful I was able to have a healthy, happy baby.

9. My husband is a chef and loves to cook at home for us.

10. I still work in the restaurant business (Susanna Foo in Philadelphia, PA) and my husband and I hope to have our own catering business some day.

Thanks for starting this, Jillybean!

1. I met my husband in Heidelberg, Germany (Junior Year Abroad).
2. My parents are both from Germany.
3. I am a former high school German teacher and now a SAHM.
4. I have two sons (11, 9) and one daughter (3).
5. My favorite singer is Joni Mitchell.
6. I sang "The Star Spangled Banner" (poorly) at my high school graduation.
7. I am not religious but am fascinated by religion and read about it all the time.
8. I feel as if I won the lottery because I was so lucky to be born to such great parents.
9. I have a pet squirrel named, "Rocky."
10. Not really.:p

What a unique thread!

1. 51 years old, 2 grown, married children - but no grandchildren - don't they know their lives are supposed to be about ME? Sheesh.

2. Met my husband at 15, married him at 18. We've been married 33 years - I evidently have a thing for grumpy, old men.

3. Work at a newspaper and love it! Constant pressure and deadlines, but the days fly by.

4. Have been doing Cathe for years and eating right, but the pounds just wouldn't budge. Had a Roux-en-y gastric bypass Dec. 15 - have lost 30 pounds in 2 months - it's not the easy way out - nothing easy about it - my last hope.

5. Since surgery, my Type 1 diabetes is so much better, also my arthritis and blood pressure.

6. Mice and rats scare me to death, but snakes don't bother me.

7. Can't stand mayonnaise, oatmeal, or eggs. The last two kind of limit breakfast choices.

8. I am magnificent in any kind of emergency, but little things freak me out. I was cool as a cucumber when someone was trying to break into my house while I was home alone, but I dread having to talk to anyone from my health insurance company on the phone.

9. Favorite sandwich is mustard and peanut butter.

10. I HATE to talk on the phone.

What a great thread to read!

1. I am 36 and have been married to my DH for 7 years.
2. I have two boys one about to turn 6 and one 20 months.
3. I am trying to get pregnant again.
4. I am a Christian.
5. I LOVE country music.
6. I haven't eaten sugar or artificial sweetners in over a year.
7. I live in NJ but have never visited Cathe's gym. I keep waiting
be in good enough shape to keep up!
8. I love to cook and bake but gave up baking when I stopped
eating sugar.
9. I love to ride horses and even went on a cattle drive in
Wyoming.
10.I am desperately trying to convert to being a morning
exerciser. I was doing well but am having a huge setback lately.

Alison

Okay, here's me:

1) I turn 40 in July - just like Cathe.
2) I've lived in Wisconsin all my life.
3) I'm #11 of 12 children.
4) I've been married for 11 years and have 2 kids - ages 6 & 8.
5) I've worked for the same company for almost 18 years right out of college (love those 5 weeks of vacation!) in the computer field. Rare for most people but especially in my profession.
6) I hate watching most sports on TV. The only ones I enjoy are ice skating and gymnastics.
7) When I hear songs on the radio I sometimes imagine I'm a professional ice skater and makeup choreography in my head to go with the music. (I can't ice skate very well.)
8) Our family loves to watch "Survivor" and eat gummy worms. (Idea taken from the gross food challenges.)
9) I'm a Great Aunt 2 times over.
10) We're going to Disney World in April! :)

Doubt if anyone's gonna read down this far, but here are mine, in no particular order:

10. I believe real women drive stick shifts.

9. I like to watch car salesmen's jaws drop when I put a sportscar through it's paces.

8. I have no desire to skinny dip.

7. I survived a tornado that hit my high school.

6. I received an award from (then governor) Bill Clinton for a poster design.

5. While moonlighting waiting tables, I had to wait on Mr. T and 15 to 20 of his closest friends. He asked me to bring a bucket for a woman in his party who was nauseated. He refused to sign autographs for our cooks. He stiffed me on the tip.

4. I bellydanced for my boss' birthday.

3. People I haven't seen since junior high still recognize me. (This scares me!)

2. I hand code HTML.

1. And finally, in honor of the season, I've spent a lovely Valentine's Day evening drugged up in the ER while my husband sat by my side into the wee hours of the night. Now if that ain't love...

This is great!

1. I am born and raised in New Jersey, a farmer's daughter, and have lived on the same street, within a five house radius, all my life.

2. I am 34, married for 8 years, two kids - boy 5 and girl 2.

3. I am a huge Dale, Jr. fan!

4. I used to drive a Corvette - now have a Tahoe!

5. I dated my DH since my junior year in high school, and have known him since 6th grade!

6. I am 1/2 Estonian, 1/4 German and 1/4 Italian.

7. I am #3 of 3 kids, brother is 8 years older and sister is 11 years older.

8. I pretend I'm Cathe on the days I don't feel like working out, and that I have a class to teach and can't decide to not show up!

9. I was an over 10 pound baby AND my mother had me natural!

10. I am scared to death of crickets!!!

Soooo FUN to read about you all! Lots of things I didn't know! About me:

1. I am 51 years old/young.

2. I am married to my very best friend for almost 32 years-our daughter is 30 and our son is 25, granddaughter is 2 1/2 with second GC on the way!!! :7.

3. I've been a Christian since about 10-11 years old and have attended the SAME church all my life. (Even before I was born! My Mom was pregnant with us there!)

4. I teach Hi/Lo aerobic classes with endurance strength work 4X/week

5. My fav food: potato salad, fav candy: peanut M&M's, fav drink: coffee

6. Favorite shows: "American Idol", (LOVE Clay Aiken) "Survivor" & "24"

7. Saddest days in my life: Losing my Mom (43) in a car accident (not her fault), my Dad (54) to a heart attack & my brother (44) to cancer! :-( I have two remaining sisters, one to which I am a fraternal twin. She is 4'11" and I am almost 5'4". I'm the giant! My "baby" sis is 43.

8. One of the HAPPIEST days in my life: Finding this great place!

9. My fav thing to do: workout (which has not been fun lately with my injury!) Also, buying new workout toys! I can never have enough, including every Cathe tape.

10. Dave & I go to the movies almost EVERY weekend.

11. One more~I have lived in Ohio all my life. I have moved probably about 6X with my family and 7X with my hubby. All of our homes have not been more then about 1/2 hour from where I live now.

Your-Friend-In-Fitness, DebbieH http://www.handykult.de/plaudersmilies.de/wavey.gif[/img] If You Get The Choice To Sit It Out Or Dance...I Hope You DANCE!!!

Oh okay, what the heck... I'll play.

1. I almost died when I was a toddler. Someone fed me chicken soup made from the meat of a rooster who had just lost in a cockfight. True to my bloodline, I survived.

2. Talking of bloodlines, I'm part Chinese from my father's side, part Spanish from my mother's side, although her maiden name is essentially French. I was born and raised in the Philippines. People think I'm Hawaiian. I speak three languages. If I had taken Spanish seriously in school, I could've learned that, too.

3. I lost a child once. Actually SHE was just a fetus. After I lost HER, I had recurring dreams of a baby girl who held her arms open towards me, calling me Mama, as a heavy fog engulfed her.

4. I spent my childhood riding heavy equipment in my father's construction company and learned to drive a stick shift at 13.

5. I bond with my brothers by spending an afternoon with them at the shooting range. They bond with me by reading my poetry.

6. I had poems published in an anthology before. I also had a writing website once. I took it down when a guy, a total stranger, tracked my home phone number online and called me one night "to chat" and to possibly "negotiate a book deal". Yeah, right.

7. I always read between the lines, into people's eyes, the way people move, the uncontrolled turns in their voices. Helps me separate what could be true from what is BS.

8. I am expanding my real estate ventures. To me this is going full circle, back to the earth, returning to my father's element and all that which simultaneously enriched and humbled him.

9. I grew up very blessed financially and materially, although my parents never provided more than we needed. I find this priviledge can be embarassing in some occasions.

10. I am not into organized religion. I prefer to find my way to my maker without any maps or safety nets.

This is so interesting!

1. Married to my best friend and the love of my life for almost 18 years.
2. I have one son, 27, 2 daughters, 21 and 17.
3. I'm a grandma to a precious almost 5 year old grandson.
4. Love to cross-stitch and quilt.
5. Hate sushi!
6. Am addicted to Survivor, Extreme Makeover and Extreme Makeover Homes.
7. Love to sit outside and listen to the birds.
8. Love our little 2 year old Marley -- a dog.
9. Love to travel.
10. Born in Washington (state), grew up in No. California and have lived in OR, CO, IA, NE, KY (twice), NJ and TX.

1. I'm new to Cathe and have only been working out with her less then a year - before this I did Taebo (will be five years of Taebo next week), before that Denise Austin - I've tried different exercise tapes the last few months but nothing compares to Cathe. She is THE BEST!

2. I need to lose 30 pounds and look like I'm pregnant with #3. People ask when I'm expecting - my husband told me to tell the next one that asks that I was pregnant with twins but one forgot to come out (and my youngest is 7!!!)LOL

3. I'm a night time exerciser - I exercise after my kids go to bed so it's after 8:00 - I always get my second wind then and it's when I LOVE to work out.

4. I met my husband the summer before we were seniors in High School - he lived in a town 16 miles away. We married when we were 20 and it will be 14 years for us this summer. I am so happy to be sharing my life with him.

5. I have two children, my son, Cayden, is 10 and my daughter, Mckenna, will be 8 on Monday.

6. I was born and raised in North Dakota on a farm (I am SOOO not a farm girl though) and after 10 years of living in Oregon, California, Wisconsin, and South Dakota we are finally back "home".

7. I love to shop and saving us "money". To get a good deal is the best feeling. I love going to lunch with friends. I love reading romance books. I love sleeping and taking naps when I can. I love decorating and my favorite shows to watch are HGTV's and Trading Spaces. I HATE housework!!!!!

8. Have a 2 year secretarial degree, was a stay-at-home mom for six years and made crafts for shops and craft shows, took a part-time job when my daughter was in Kindergarten decorating weddings, parties and buffet tables but after two years of having no free weekends I'm working part-time for the Girl Scouts and really enjoying it.

9. I'm Norwegian, Swedish, and Dane.

10. I LOOOOOOVE to talk and the most surprising thing about me is that I'm long winded. LOL

What a neat thread! Rachelle

OK...

1. I will be 36 in June and don't like seeing wrinkles.
2. I have been w/my incredible DH 15 years, 10 of them married.
3. I have 5 kids so far, 3 girls/2 boys.
4. The middle name of one of our kids is Flannery which is the bar where my DH & I met.
5. Dream of learning how to play tennis and beat everyone I compete against - first lesson will be this summer.
6. My great, great grandfather was the president of Penn State U.(George Atherton).
7. I have an English Bulldog, Max, who is overweight.
8. Love steak, chocolate and english muffins with lots of butter.
9. Took piano lessons for 11 years.
10. Strongly believe in karma.

Brenda

I doubt anyone will get down far enough to read my reply, this thread is so HUGE, but here goes anyway:

1. I'm 36 and live in New Jersey (originally from Staten Island).
2. I met my husband at 15, and Mom told Dad it would last 2 weeks.
3. I am a free-lance calligrapher.
4. Guilty Secret - I have almost all episodes of thirtysomething on tape.
5. I'm addicted to ebay.
6. I can recite the little ribbon on the Budweiser can by heart.
7. I love to read, read, read, and Diana Gabaldon is my favorite.
8. I knit my kids each a sweater for their school photos each year.
9. My DH was working in 2 World Financial Center on 9-11; my father and sister in 3 World Financial Center; and my brother was also downtown, and, thank God, they all got home safely.
10. Coffee is my favorite vice, followed by red wine, chocolate, scones, and cookies.

Hi,

1. I've never married and have no kids, but I have a neice and nephew that I love to death.

2.I never knew my first name till I was in kindergarden (my family called me by a nickname and never told me my real name but enrolled me in school under my legal baptismal name). Was very confusing for awhile.

3.I love to read. My latest favorite "take me away from it all' book is Daughter of the Forest by Julliet Marillier.

4. I am a science geek. I have a Ph.D in Molecular Virology and am a founder of a biotech company.

5.I love to watch figure skating and Sasha Cohen is my all time favorite skater.

6.I love Disney World.

7.I hate the window seat of airplanes. The view when the plane banks gets me sick.

8.I am a Sagitarrius.

9.I like to watch old movies on the old movie network.

10. Paul Revere and the Raiders was my favorite band when I was a kid.
:7

RE: 10 Things about you that we Catheites may or may no...(((lizzyliz)))

enjoy your trip to Ireland- take pics and post them!!! that would be awesome! where on the east coast do you live? I'm in PA. I saw you like law and order- ever see forensic files? i love that show

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.