10# Challenge - September 15

roderin56

Cathlete
Good Morning All!
I'm skeered - this is the first thread I've ever started:p:p

Today's workout was Step, Jump, and Pump. Had a good workout - I love the hi/lo sections. My bodybugg said I burned 402 calories; I don't burn nearly as many calories as I've seen others here burn :mad: LOL Nevertheless, I had a good workout this morning!
BBL
Erin

Good morning! No progress on the weight yet - of course it's just been 1 day. :)

Yesterday I ran 3 miles in the morning and did Workout #1 from Kelly C-M's Muscle Definition DVD. Today I ran 3 miles this morning and have kung fu class tonight.

Eating was OK yesterday but I didn't track it. I'll track today.

Good morning

I need to make a good eating schedule, starting with breakfast. I have been missing a lot of meals because of my schedule and I'm wondering if that may be part of the problem.

No w/o this morning because I have to take my son to the doctor. But i am hoping to get one in this afternoon!!!

Good Luck Everyone

I am going to approach this differently this time. After years of dieting and putting the same 10-13 pounds on and off, plus weight loss after each of the 4 kids - I am tired of strict dieting and working out like a maniac to get the weight off and then eating like a starved animal, burning out on exercise and putting the weight back on.

I am going to make sure I am getting all of my requirements in - fruits, veggies, etc. but I am not going to go crazy. I would like to make this a lifestyle change but at this age (47) I want to enjoy food instead of feeling guilty for every morsel I put in my mouth.

So yesterday I did pretty well but last night wanted some popcorn. And no, it wasn't any kind of "healthy" popcorn - it was Jolly Time Butter Blast!!

It may take me a bit longer this time but I need to make this a lifestyle change versus a diet. Hope it works!

Can I join in guys? I'm back up to 150 and NOT happy about it. 2 years ago I had made it down to 135. Lately my eating has been awful and my workouts not that great. My clothes do not fit and I refuse to buy larger sizes! Anyways, I'll lurk around here today and see how this check-in works. I just really need some accountability.

Glad to see everyone is jumping in already this morning!:D

Started today off with the sugar withdrawal headache. Everytime I go through sugar withdrawal I tell myself I am not going to eat the stuff anymore, but of course I always do! Withdrawal is the pits.

Anyway, I did Amy's Kickbox Surge this morning, replacing the first surge with the med ball challenge 3 from Amy's In The Ring. Workout was 1:00 and I burned 503 calories. :D

One of my commitments to losing the weight is to make sure I dine when I eat. No standing in the kitchen eating from the container:p, no surf the net, no reading, no TV (which I don't do anyway) , nothing but me and what I am eating.

Hey ladies,

Still nursing the knee a bit, so it was LIC this am, golf this afternoon. KB, Chest and Back yesterday am.

Eating's been decent. Lots of fruit, really should get some more veggies in. Brought my grilled chicken for lunch. This evening could pose a challenge as I am dining out. I'll keep you all in the back of my mind as I order. ;)

Have a great day!

Good morning ladies!! ^^^5's to Erin for starting the thread...;)

I posted my eats last night, but no workout for me yesterday. I tweaked my knee on STS M1D12 on Friday. I was about 20 minutes in and doing lunges when I felt some pain in my left knee and then a little **snap**. And it's my good knee too...:confused: Thankfully it's my rest week so I've been babying it and feeling pretty good today. I might go to the gym at lunch-time and do CCV1 on the elliptical.

Next week is going to be challenging. It's my first week of M2 and I'm going to be in Alabama all week on a business trip. The hotel has a decent looking gym so I'll at least be able to get some cardio in. I'll probably cut my rest week a little short to start M2 before I leave and then finish the week when I get back. I'm also thinking about bringing my own food with me. Darn work, it's getting in my way of working out and eating clean!!! NOT COOL!! :eek:

Have a great day everyone. I'll BBL to post my meals and such.

Doing good so far with the challenge (even though it's only day 2)! LOL

Started STS yesterday, and am following the cardio suggestions with Imax 2 today. I know this DVD is going to be pretty tough.

I've tracked the calories so far, and even though it's my wedding anniversary today, DH and I are staying in for dinner tonight.

Well, enough stalling, time to get my game face on and work work!

Welcome, Amber Liann! I have the same exact problem. My clothes aren't fitting and I refuse to buy new ones! Don't have the money anyway!

WorkinProgress
- Sounds like a great plan to make it a lifestyle change!

Melissa (ly10up) - Just remember we will be watching, so order smart!

Can I join in guys? I'm back up to 150 and NOT happy about it. 2 years ago I had made it down to 135. Lately my eating has been awful and my workouts not that great. My clothes do not fit and I refuse to buy larger sizes! Anyways, I'll lurk around here today and see how this check-in works. I just really need some accountability.

Hi Amber. Of course you can join, silly!!! :D

For the most part, I think we are all posting to keep ourselves accountable.

Awe, thanks guys!

I didn't post my workout earlier - I'm going to do a full body workout tonight (possibly ME) and a 20 minute run on the Treadmill. I will check in later to prove I actually did it! (accountability again)

I did well yesterday. The big bag of yummy animal cookies are sitting on the counter and I never opened the bag. The old habits would have had me having some frequently throughout the day (I work from home).

Did have 2 healthy snacks-I had planned to only have one. The night before I had made some great granola, just using only applesauce and stevia for sweetener and I had 2 helpings. But I have learned to put some in a bowl and not just eat from the jar, so end up eating less.

Tonight is going to be a challenge. Going to dinner with others to an "all you can eat resturant" that mostly has meat and great desserts and as I am a vegertarian, in the past I had to have most of deserts. But tonight I plan to get creative and see what healthy choices will work for me and only have a very small dessert.

I didn't realize we were starting a new thread every day. I posted on the other one.

Anyways...

Today I did a Cardio Coach premix I made up. Had a great one hour workout.

I will log my foods in here this afternoon.

Linda - I am also having sugar withdrawal. It sucks!!! My head is killing me today.

WNP - Nice approach. That's what I was doing before I took my vacation and blew it all to hell. I should go back to it but for now I will stay strict until I get a few pounds off. But I am incorporating fruits because I think it's important.

Hey ladies! Erin, congrats on your first thread! :):):)

Well, I ate super clean yesterday, but I have a touch of a stomach bug so it wasn't difficult. You know, the stomach bug is a PIA, but it's a remarkably effective weight loss tool. LOL!

And I didn't do my usual Mon am cardio yesterday b/c I bruised my foot when I fell off the curb at the grocery store Sun. :eek: Yeah, bags went flying & Laura was embarassed. That's the second time in 6 mos. I did that. :eek: It has def. been one of those weeks. And it's only Tuesday! But I'm off to the gym for legs & chest tonight, & should get a decent cardio w/o tomorrow a.m.

So what kind of diet is everyone doing? I'm back on Atkins. I asked the nutritionist at the gym what the fastest weight loss diet was (low cal, low fat, or low carb) & he told me low carb. As if I didn't already know. ;)

Hey, you know what would be cool? If we added up all the weight we lost when we're done. That would be a great entry for Cathe's blog. :D

Good-morning all!

I feel kind of out of place. Ya'll are in such good shape, with very little weight to lose and I'm sitting here the old, out of shape fatty.:)

Anyway, yesterday was a good day for me. I'm doing Weight Watcher's for now and was right on points.

Today I did a short walk/jog on my treadmill. Later, after school with ds, we will go to the gym to play raquetball.

Have a great day!
Diane

I just finished doing GS premixes from both upper body DVDs.
My eating was good yesterday until I had some ice cream but today is
going well. I planned my foods for today last night.

I'll try in check in later with my foods for the day.

Good-morning all!

I feel kind of out of place. Ya'll are in such good shape, with very little weight to lose and I'm sitting here the old, out of shape fatty.:)

Anyway, yesterday was a good day for me. I'm doing Weight Watcher's for now and was right on points.

Today I did a short walk/jog on my treadmill. Later, after school with ds, we will go to the gym to play raquetball.

Have a great day!
Diane

Diane, please don't feel out of place! We weren't all born in shape. We all started somewhere, & we all had something like this for support. :) BTW, you look like you are tickered pink. :D

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.