morningstar
Reaction score

Profile posts Postings About

• Hey Morningstar!:) I hope your feeling better! Sorry for taking so long to reply! I got the achilles'itis from doing step cardio. It's my only source of cardio as I love it so much, but I was only doing it 3x a week. I think I wasn't using proper form like not planting my whole foot on the step, bouncing too much off the balls of my feet. When I realized what was going on I tried to correct it but that was too late in the game & when it really started to get sore I was doing 2 many workouts with fast foot shuffles in it (Imax 2, Athletic Step) & my all time favorite "crazy shuffle" similar to fast foot shuffle but you fly around the step (Amy's ASC) & you feel like a dance step wizard.:p BUT it's a killer on the achilles if it's acting up. AND I was in denial! AND I have tendonitis in my inner arms 2! So, I'm out of commission.:mad: I'm doing Physio & still doing legs & yoga. I'm trying to be patient & biding my time until I can get back into my Cathe's/Amy's etc, again. I miss them!
    I'm just getting back into Cathe again so i decided to try and do her beginner rotation but i'm already bored with basic step after week one so today i'm subbing in Turbo Jam Fat Blaster that I borrowed from someone at work. Haven't done any Turbo Jam before so it should be interesting.
    How 'bout you? What's your workout schedule like these days? Still Running to work in the morning?
    Hey Morningstar,
    How ya doing these days? I finally realized that when i take a break from Cathenation i tend to take a break from my workouts too so i found my way back here. Nice to see you are still around!
    O Morningstar, I'm sorry to hear that.:( I wondered why I was missing your e-mail blog reminders. I hope your on the mend. Is it a shingles flareup? In any case be gentle to yourself & let your body do the healing it needs to do. And encourage yourself that you WILL get better & be patient with yourself. I'm com ci, com ca 2! I just found out 2 weeks ago that I have achilles tendonitis. I have to lay off any cardio esp. with impact for a couple of weeks which is so hard to do as I LOVE me my Cathe (& Amy etc). So now I have to lay down my SWEET Shock Cardio! It's SO HARD :mad: blech! I'm doing physio & yoga & psyching myself every week that I can get thru another week without cardio & bide my time. I'd rather do this for the short term than have chronic tendonitis for the longterm. And always there's a little fear in the back of my mind that I may never get over this one. But I ALWAYS tell myself that I've gotten over MANY other things and I will with this one too! And you will too!!:)
    Everything's about the same. In fact, now that I think about it, things are almost exactly the same as the last time I was here. I have a workout room in my basement now, which has a power rack and places to keep the dumbbells and plates. I lost some strength recently and so I've been working my way back (which is never as motivating as achieving something new). I had to have a toenail removed (because when you get to be my age, weird shit starts going wrong with your body), which got me off track. And I'd gained about 10 lbs, and so I backed off the weight training while I lost that. Now I'm working on another 10 lb loss -- like I said, same old stuff. Same 10 lbs I was working on a year ago.
    How's things? I guess I could search all your recent posts and catch up that way, or you could just give me the highlights ...
    Morningstar ---

I'm BAAAAACK!!! :) I have some CRAZINESS happening in my life and I need my house, my life and my body in SHAPE by June. Eventually there will be a blog post or two. Its random....but fantastic....and I need to get back on the Cathe bandwagon! :)
    Thanks Swift Wind! It actually is a very small spider, with someone willing to get very close to it! It was a wonderful trip.
    What wonderful pictures. That is one big spider! Did you go solo or with a group? What impressive scenery, makes me want to pack it up and go. Thanks for sharing.
    Morningstar, you are hysterical!!:D My hide and cat hair is still here!!:p I hadn't been on for awhile and lately just lurking. But I love keeping up with your blog and hear you may or already caved for Insanity. I did (which I got through Mary at TotalFitness.com —I just called her and she set up my shopping cart for me. I much prefer her as her shipping is MUCH cheaper and she uses Canada Post). Kudos on your cardio improvements, you really kicked a$$ for that!! I'm trying to improve mine too and thinking fitting in some Insanity into my Cathe rotations (can't give up Cathe or Amy, etc.) and then rounding it out with some "Shock" therapy Cathe style (Aquajock's brilliant wit!!) when it comes out might fit the bill very nicely. Let me know if and when you get Insanity. Now I'm going to eventually meander into your Overtraining? post and possibly give my 2 cents worth. ;)
    Hi Mstar

I post at Livejournal. Haven't since late June though. Not much to say except - exercise eat sleep. I have chosen 'for my eyes' only settings, but can change the setting to include you if you decide to join Livejournal. let me know.
    It little profits that an idle king,
    By this still hearth, among these barren crags,
    Matched with an aged wife, I mete and dole
    Unequal laws unto a savage race,
    That hoard, and sleep, and feed, and know not me.

I cannot rest from travel; I will drink
    Life to the lees. All times I have enjoyed
    Greatly, have suffered greatly, both with those
    That loved me, and alone; on shore, and when
    Through scudding drifts the rainy Hyades
    Vexed the dim sea. I am become a name;
    For always roaming with a hungry heart
    Much have I seen and known - cities of men
    And manners, climates, councils, governments,
    Myself not least, but honoured of them all -
    And drunk delight of battle with my peers,
    Far on the ringing plains of windy Troy.
    I am a part of all that I have met;
    Yet all experience is an arch wherethrough
    Gleams that untravelled world whose margin fades
    Forever and forever when I move.
    How dull it is to pause, to make an end,
    To rust unburnished, not to shine in use!
    As though to breathe were life! Life piled on life
    Were all too little, and of one to me
    Little remains; but every hour is saved
    From that eternal silence, something more,
    A bringer of new things; and vile it were
    For some three suns to store and hoard mysell,
    And this gray spirit yearning in desire
    To follow knowledge like a sinking star,
    Beyond the utmost bound of human thought.

This is my son, mine own Telemachus,
    To whom I leave the sceptre and the isle -
    Well-loved of me, discerning to fulfill
    This labour, by slow prudence to make mild
    A rugged people, and through soft degrees
    Subdue them to the useful and the good.
    Most blameless is he, centred in the sphere
    Of common duties, decent not to fail
    In offices of tenderness, and pay
    Meet adoration to my household gods,
    When I am gone. He works his work, I mine.

There lies the port; the vessel puffs her sail;
    There gloom the dark, broad seas. My mariners,
    Souls that have toiled, and wrought, and thought with me
    That ever with a frolic welcome took
    The thunder and the sunshine, and opposed
    Free hearts, free foreheads - you and I are old;
    Old age hath yet his honour and his toil.
    Death closes all; but something ere the end,
    Some work of noble note, may yet be done,
    Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
    The lights begin to twinkle from the rocks;
    The long day wanes; the slow moon climbs; the deep
    Moans round with many voices. Come, my friends,
    'Tis not too late to seek a newer world.
    Push off, and sitting well in order smite
    The sounding furrows; for my purpose holds
    To sail beyond the sunset, and the baths
    Of all the western stars, until I die.
    It may be that the gulfs will wash us down;
    It may be we shall touch the Happy Isles,
    And see the great Achilles, whom we knew.
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are -
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

Alfred Lord Tennyson - Ulysses
    Wear sunscreen.

If I could offer you only one tip for the future, sunscreen would be it.
    The long term benefits of sunscreen have been proved by scientists, whereas the rest of my advice has no basis more reliable than my own meandering experience. I will dispense this advise now.

Enjoy the power and beauty of your youth. Oh, never mind. You will not understand the power and beauty of your youth until they’ve faded.
    But trust me, in 20 years, you’ll look back at photos of yourself and recall in a way you can’t grasp now how much possibility lay before you and how fabulous you really looked.

You are not as fat as you imagine.

Don’t worry about the future. Or worry, but know that worrying is as effective as trying to solve an algebra equation by chewing bubble gum. The real troubles in your life are apt to be things that never crossed your worried mind, the kind that blindside you at 4pm on some idle Tuesday.

Do one thing every day that scares you.

Sing.

Don’t be reckless with other peoples’ hearts. Don’t put up with the people who are reckless with yours.

Floss.

Don’t waste your time on jealousy. Sometimes you’re ahead, sometimes you’re behind. The race is long and, in the end, it’s only with yourself.

Remember compliments you receive. Forget the insults. If you succeed in doing this, tell me how.

Keep your old love letters. Throw away your old bank statements.

Stretch.

Don’t feel guilty if you don’t know what you want to do with your life. The most interesting people I know didn’t know at 22 what they wanted to do with their
    lives. Some of the most interesting 40-year-olds I know still don’t.

Get plenty of calcium.

Be kind to your knees. You’ll miss them when they’re gone.

Maybe you’ll marry, maybe you won’t. Maybe you’ll have children, maybe you won’t. Maybe you’ll divorce at 40, maybe you’ll dance the funky chicken on your 75th wedding anniversary. Whatever you do, don’t congratulate yourself too much,
    or berate yourself either. Your choices are half chance. So are everybody else’s.

Enjoy your body. Use it every way you can. Don’t be afraid of it or of what other people think of it. It’s the greatest instrument you’ll ever own.

Dance - even if you have nowhere to do it but your living room.

Read the directions, even if you don’t follow them.

Do not read beauty magazines. They will only make you feel ugly.

Get to know your parents. You never know when they’ll be gone for good.

Be nicer to your siblings. They’re your best link to your past and the people most likely to stick with you in the future.

Understand that friends come and go, but with a precious few you should hold on.
    Work hard to bridge the gaps in geography and lifestyle, because the older you get, the more you need the people who knew you when you were young.

Live in New York City once, but leave before it makes you hard.

Live in Northern California once, but leave before it makes you soft.

Travel.

Accept certain inalienable truths: Prices will rise. You, too, will get old. And when you do, you’ll fantasize that when you were young, prices were reasonable, politicians were noble and children respected their elders.

Respect your elders.

Don’t expect anyone else to support you. Maybe you have a trust fund. Maybe you’ll have a wealthy spouse. But you’ll never know when either one might run out.

Don’t mess too much with your hair or by the time you’re 40 it will look 85.

Be careful whose advice you buy but be patient with those who supply it. Advice is a form of nostalgia. Dispensing it is a way of fishing the past from the disposal, wiping it off, painting over the ugly parts and recycling it for more than it’s worth...

... but trust me on the sunscreen.

-No idea who wrote this one...
    Jenny kiss'd me when we met,
    Jumping from the chair she sat in;
    Time, you thief, who love to get
    Sweets into your list, put that in!
    Say I'm weary, say I'm sad,
    Say that health and wealth have miss'd me,
    Say I'm growing old, but add,
    Jenny kiss'd me.

-Leigh Hunt, Jenny Kiss'd Me
  • Loading…