Video Clip of Cathe's Cardio Core Blast

forum_admin

Administrator
Staff member

This video clip is from Cathe's Thursday, April 13th "Cardio Core Blast" live workout and is our 144th live broadcast.

Grab your fitness toys and let's get busy. A variety of cardio exercise rounds, each one topped off with an intense core exercise, to leave you breathless and blasted!!!!

Equipment Needed:

A stability ball
A fitness loop
A fitness mat
Two gliding devices (i.e.: paper plates)

Learn more about Cathe Live and OnDemand or sign up at http://bit.ly/1DHvHDD

I LOVE it when Cathe plays with the ball this way. I feel like a big kid!!
This one sure looks like a sweat fest.

OMG, it WAS, Elsie! :) And so FUN! :D I absolutely LOVED this WO. It was so different and unique from any of Cathe's other workouts (both her DVDs AND other Lives -- it sounds similar to Cardio Core Circuit, but it's a very different beast) -- 5 circuits, 3 cardio moves (run through once, then repeated) and a core move in each one. The 1st cardio move always used the resistance loop, the 2nd was a straight cardio (2, I think, IIRC, were low impact), and the 3rd move always used the ball. Then, the core move was always in plank and always used the discs (which I LOVED), except the very last one, which was sans discs. (All of the core moves were fantastic and such a departure from the ones Cathe normally uses.)

This was just a fabulous, AWESOME workout! I never want to look at a resistance loop again for as long as I live ;):p LOL (I don't know how it can be so difficult and painful to take off something so small that doesn't even weigh anything:confused:, but, after every resistance move, it became just that! :eek: I started to grumble a little under my breath every time Cathe said the word "loop". LOL) I am keeping this Live in steady rotation, though. :D

PS Cathe gets right down to business in this; the warm up (clocking in at under 4 mins.) was unusually, really short. That may be a plus or a minus for you.

ETA: WO is my shorthand abbreviation for workout. :D

Last edited:
OMG, it WAS, Elsie! :) And so FUN! :D I absolutely LOVED this WO. It was so different and unique from any of Cathe's other workouts (both her DVDs AND other Lives -- it sounds similar to Cardio Core Circuit, but it's a very different beast) -- 5 circuits, 3 cardio moves (run through once, then repeated) and a core move in each one. The 1st cardio move always used the resistance loop, the 2nd was a straight cardio (2, I think, IIRC, were low impact), and the 3rd move always used the ball. Then, the core move was always in plank and always used the discs (which I LOVED), except the very last one, which was sans discs. (All of the core moves were fantastic and such a departure from the ones Cathe normally uses.)

This was just a fabulous, AWESOME workout! I never want to look at a resistance loop again for as long as I live ;):p LOL (I don't know how it can be so difficult and painful to take off something so small that doesn't even weigh anything:confused:, but, after every resistance move, it became just that! :eek: I started to grumble a little under my breath every time Cathe said the word "loop". LOL) I am keeping this Live in steady rotation, though. :D

PS Cathe gets right down to business in this; the warm up (clocking in at under 4 mins.) was unusually, really short. That may be a plus or a minus for you.

Thanks Liz! It was HARD!!! But fun hard! I was so out of breath trying to cue everyone but we did it together right?! Wow, you picked up on all the things I wanted to do to make this LIVE feel different. Glad you loved it!

Cathe kicked my butt today!!! This was a tough one (in a good way)-I usually don't sweat excessively, but this one had me soaked. I don't know how Cathe always comes up with ways to make familiar moves different and tough every time! This was so much fun - especially the 5th round - that was my favorite!!! Exactly LizEMA, even though the idea is similar to Cardio Core Circuit, it was very different. The abs reminded me of STS weights & plates - loved them in a live class!

I so wish I could have this workout. I just viewed the video clip and love the variety and different moves. I have no way of doing the live workouts so I'm hoping that Cathe could do a workout like this in her next DVD set (that is after the Fit Tower set which I'm excited for as well). Please, Please Please!!

Thanks Liz! It was HARD!!! But fun hard! I was so out of breath trying to cue everyone but we did it together right?! Wow, you picked up on all the things I wanted to do to make this LIVE feel different. Glad you loved it!

Cathe, your bionic athleticism served you well during this class because you did not seem out of breath, AT ALL! (But, it makes me feel better to know that you were! LOL :D)

This workout really was so much fun (and different), and, yes, I loved it! I adore when you put such fresh, new spins on "our" class. :) Like @BlakKat said, I don't know how you keep coming up with all these new, fun ways to work us out, but you have been knocking it out of the park these past several Lives. :D I've been lovin' it. Thank you!

This video clip is from Cathe's Thursday, April 13th "Cardio Core Blast" live workout and is our 144th live broadcast.

Grab your fitness toys and let's get busy. A variety of cardio exercise rounds, each one topped off with an intense core exercise, to leave you breathless and blasted!!!!

Equipment Needed:

A stability ball
A fitness loop
A fitness mat
Two gliding devices (i.e.: paper plates)

Learn more about Cathe Live and OnDemand or sign up at http://bit.ly/1DHvHDD
Fantastic workout. The last three Live workouts have been spectacular - although I did think Cathe was trying to kill me with the first exercise in Upper Body Boot Camp. SO MANY reps for the chest press. I went too heavy and was super cautious for the rest of the workout.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.