What is your fave Weight lifting videos

I love Muscle max and pyramid, and body blast push pull. I love push pull is whole body and it doesn't tax me to much! I love the way MM is also total body but harder then PP! Great way to mix it up in my opinion

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mine has to tbe STS first

Gym style second

Why? Mine is the results I get from the videos.

If we're referring to a total-body-training series, I would rate Gym Styles in 1st place when I want to max out my body's potential. Pure Strength is my go-to when I want weight-training that is straightforward, uses less equipment than GS, a bit less space than some of Cathe's later work, and also takes a bit less time to complete. I like seeing a taller woman such as Rhonda performing the workout, as was done in PS and at least some of the Hardcore Series. The anatomical differences can change how a weight-training move is demonstrated (although not in a negative sense). I'm 5'7", and having a taller woman to follow along with makes a workout more personally approachable to me.

If we're just talking about a fave weights video in general, it's got to be Cathe's Legs and Glutes DVD (which is with the Kick, Punch and Crunch workout). I love the moves, love the look and love the music of L&G. Good tunes mean a lot to me in a workout video. Results are important, but production quality (especially song picks) make or break a workout for me.

If we're referring to a total-body-training series, I would rate Gym Styles in 1st place when I want to max out my body's potential. Pure Strength is my go-to when I want weight-training that is straightforward, uses less equipment than GS, a bit less space than some of Cathe's later work, and also takes a bit less time to complete. I like seeing a taller woman such as Rhonda performing the workout, as was done in PS and at least some of the Hardcore Series. The anatomical differences can change how a weight-training move is demonstrated (although not in a negative sense). I'm 5'7", and having a taller woman to follow along with makes a workout more personally approachable to me.

If we're just talking about a fave weights video in general, it's got to be Cathe's Legs and Glutes DVD (which is with the Kick, Punch and Crunch workout). I love the moves, love the look and love the music of L&G. Good tunes mean a lot to me in a workout video. Results are important, but production quality (especially song picks) make or break a workout for me.

Well said. I AGREE WITHE THE height comment. I really like cardio kicks.. I just bought Rockout Knockout.

" The anatomical differences can change how a weight-training move is demonstrated (although not in a negative sense). I'm 5'7", and having a taller woman to follow along with makes a workout more personally approachable to me." TurquoiseEyes

Well said. I AGREE WITHE THE height comment. I really like cardio kicks.. I just bought Rockout Knockout.

Yep, same here. We long limbed ladies need far more time to set up for lunges plus a lot more room (I am usually just starting when Cathe is at 3). We also are slower with bi and tri reps and there is no way I can do those compound one-armed rows from the floor as 1/3 of my arm would have to go through the floor!! lol.
That's why I really like having Kate in ICE series. :) Her long arms really appear to struggle with tris towards the end of the set & it doesn't make me feel like such a wimp!! ;)

I pulled out an STS leg dvd today since I haven't done it for a long time and holy mother of...! You know what I mean lol! It was Meso 1 Disc 12 and I used pretty heavy weights but man those sit and stands and low end pulses almost did me in! Too bad I've never been able to finish all 3 mesos as I couldn't go as heavy as needed for meso 3 and don't have a spotter, but I still enjoyed the first 2 mesos and the plyo legs from meso 3. I'll have to make the time to run through a month or so of STS again I miss it.
Jamie

thank you.. I will look into ICE

Hello @iamfirmin

Have you tried ICE meltdown segment yet?
I would like to add, not sure if you are aware, you can extend the rest time between each set.
To do that you will need access to cathe's demand --- The online blender which enable users to mix their own workouts segments.
I know users can now select the rest time between set. This is an option you may want to try out.

Kind Regards:)

Last edited:
Reactions: llp
" The anatomical differences can change how a weight-training move is demonstrated (although not in a negative sense). I'm 5'7", and having a taller woman to follow along with makes a workout more personally approachable to me." TurquoiseEyes

Yep, same here. We long limbed ladies need far more time to set up for lunges plus a lot more room (I am usually just starting when Cathe is at 3). We also are slower with bi and tri reps and there is no way I can do those compound one-armed rows from the floor as 1/3 of my arm would have to go through the floor!! lol.
That's why I really like having Kate in ICE series. :) Her long arms really appear to struggle with tris towards the end of the set & it doesn't make me feel like such a wimp!! ;)

Amen! The lunge comment is SOOOOO true. I used to wonder why I could not go as deep, come back up as fast, and go down into a lunge as fast as other women. I thought it was a lack of fitness, and in my case it partially was. However, it was and always will be a height thing. However, I am THE BOMB at doing Romanian deadlifts, so it all evens out. ;)

Even stepping requires modification. Cathe is not only at least 5 inches shorter than me in total height, I'm guessing her feet are about 5 inches shorter than my feet are, too! She wears a narrow shoe...uh, let's just say I DON'T wear a narrow. (I wish...) I forget what itty-bitty actual size she wears, but I wear a 10 or 10.5. Yeah, it makes a big difference in how safe and secure one feels on a step when they have less of it to work within!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.