What is your fave Weight lifting videos

Hello @iamfirmin

Have you tried ICE meltdown segment yet?
I would like to add, not sure if you are aware, you can extend the rest time between each set.
To do that you will need access to cathe's demand --- The online blender which enable users to mix their own workouts segments.
I know users can now select the rest time between set. This is an option you may want to try out.

Kind Regards:)
What is the ICE meltdown segment?

What is the ICE meltdown segment?

Meltdown segment are traditional weight lifting segment bonuses included in various metabolic and cardio
segment.

Here below is the description as per ICE user guide.:)

MUSCLE MELTDOWNS In this series I’ve also included five Muscle Meltdowns. These solid strength bonuses are short, but effective and are a perfect addition to round out the different workout types in this collection. Each Muscle Meltdown will use moderate to heavy weight to focus on one body part at a time—Triceps, Chest, Biceps, Back and Shoulders. In each meltdown you will complete five rounds of exercises that are repeated three times with little rest. The focus is muscle building with no time to waste.

Meltdown segment are traditional weight lifting segment bonuses included in various metabolic and cardio
segment.

Here below is the description as per ICE user guide.:)

MUSCLE MELTDOWNS In this series I’ve also included five Muscle Meltdowns. These solid strength bonuses are short, but effective and are a perfect addition to round out the different workout types in this collection. Each Muscle Meltdown will use moderate to heavy weight to focus on one body part at a time—Triceps, Chest, Biceps, Back and Shoulders. In each meltdown you will complete five rounds of exercises that are repeated three times with little rest. The focus is muscle building with no time to waste.
Do you have to buy the whole set?.. I wish the lifting segments were on a separate DVD..

I'm really disappointed ..Cathes coming out with new videos with a tower...I have a gym ....I was hoping for sts2 or gym style 2 or slow and heavy 2 .....

I can hear a disappointment from a determined die hard cathlete willing to play with heavy steel, beyond intermediate level;);)
I am here crying with you Lol:cool::cool:for more challenging stuff, regardless of the program name.
I ain't talking basic circuit here!!! Fist bump;)

I'm a newbie but my two favorites are XTrain's Bi's & Tri's along with Chest, Shoulders & Back. They aren't all that challenging unless you use a weight that requires effort but because no exercise is repeated they're a lot of fun and work the muscles different ways. Burn Sets, Lift it Hiit it and High Reps are great too. I haven't done the STS rotation but I've gotten wonderful results with the DVDs I do have. I also like ICE Metabolic Total Body; if you increase the weights you really feel it! Upping the weights in ICE Upper Body helps too but I usually do that on rest days as it isn't a challenge anymore. To me that's a good thing! :)

I appreciate reading everyone's input since I always am looking for more strength oriented DVDs and Cathe's the best! Thank you! :)

STS TOTAL BODY.....

Another great one

images

I got the BEST results from STS 2 and 3 ... and 4.. my upper body has a similar look ..when I use to go to the gym.. my leg development is always very very hard.. I have long lean muscles... I envy women that can develop quickly... I am doing x training .. then slow and heavy.. I wish Cathe would work on more lifting dvds..I find that if your diet is clean... cardio isn't as necessary... LOL as you age ...

I'm really disappointed ..Cathes coming out with new videos with a tower...I have a gym ....I was hoping for sts2 or gym style 2 or slow and heavy 2 .....

iamfirmin, I totally agree with you; I was also hoping for something of a STS2 or another nice strength training DVD. Not excited about the Fit Tower as I usually am about any of her DVDs. Hopefully, there will be something new and challenging later this year.

Forgot to add Muscle Max and High Reps - if you pick the right weights they can be challenging!

About the muscle meltdowns - I printed off the exercises done in each of them so while you're not working out with Cathe :( you can do the series on your own! I'd print them all here but the document is about 10 pages long lol.... :)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.