Denise Austin must be stopped!

Why would anyone dredge up a thread that's 9 years old (2013-2004=9) and engage in discussion let alone argument? :confused::confused::confused:

I completely understand some of you don't like her voice or her workouts...but must we be so critical? All I can say is wow!

A lot of ugly things said here. I was surprised when I opened this one, not realizing it was an old thread.

Nothing nice to say, say nothing. Not that I'm judging or anything.

2013 - 1963 = 50 and proud of it.

Reminder about Spammers

Just a reminder to everyone that when you see a thread that doesn't make sense to always look at the number of posts the user has done in the past. If they have a very low total, say under 5, then chances are the person is just a spammer and just ignore the thread. This is a very old thread and the person that re-started it had never posted before. We've been watching this thread for the last 24 hours and now have deleted all of the threads from DFan because we believe them to be spam.

What does spam mean any way? I know that's a stupid question but I don't understand how it gets there like in emails or here! Like why and is it a hacker? I thought spam was just junk ads but if this is considered spam I am now confused again :).

Just a reminder to everyone that when you see a thread that doesn't make sense to always look at the number of posts the user has done in the past. If they have a very low total, say under 5, then chances are the person is just a spammer and just ignore the thread. This is a very old thread and the person that re-started it had never posted before. We've been watching this thread for the last 24 hours and now have deleted all of the threads from DFan because we believe them to be spam.

The problem is now that you've deleted all of DAfan's posts, it looks like someone else resurrected the old thread.

It makes absolutely no sense at all. I read it a few days ago, and even then I was thinking someone else resurrected the thread.... not DAfan. Forgive me if I'm wrong, but that's what I'm thinking I remember.

No matter who brought it back up, the lesson here is to not delete posts. If the thread is violating some sort of forum guidelines, go ahead and shut the whole thing down. Deleting select posts just makes the the whole thing confusing and worse than what it was. Everything is out of context now and everybody just looks foolish. Bad move.

Last edited:
I just don't get spammers. I don't even have enough time to read the things I want to read on the internet or participate in the forums I would like. Too busy earning a living and living my life.

What does spam mean any way? I know that's a stupid question but I don't understand how it gets there like in emails or here! Like why and is it a hacker? I thought spam was just junk ads but if this is considered spam I am now confused again :).

Hi Renee - spam is unsolicited junk content that is often used for advertising. It can come through e-mail, or be posted on internet forums/blogs, or come to your phone via a junk text message, or via fax machine. You may notice a lot of "spammers" on this forum who have a link at the bottom of their post that takes you to another site - it's never a good idea to click on these links as they aren't necessarily what they seem to be. So they appear to be commenting on a post, but they have a very low number of posts themselves and they are trying to redirect you.

Stebby

Looks like the guy either deleted his posts or it was deleted by mods.

You dug up an 8 year old post to say this?

Last edited:
As for Denise Austin I tried some of her workouts. I hated them because of her weird voice. I don’t mean to be rude, but I kept thinking was she really a man. She was big into potatoes, but thank God those commercials are gone.

Cathe and Leslie Sansone do it for me. Tried Richard Simmons and it seems he is in his own world and doesn’t teach it. My mother loves Simmons. I don’t. As for Sansone, Sansone made it so I could do a Cathe Workout. I remember I really wanted to do Travel Fit,but couldn’t complete it at the time. Now, I can do it easily. But, people could find that Sansone is a little annoying with so much positivity. But, I love her.

It was like Sansone was the bottom brick that let me step to graduate to Cathe.

Gin Miller is okay. She teaches step, but I still prefer Cathe step!

Jennifer Denny

I don’t mean to be rude. But, when you do Cathe Live Step and she isn’t perfect, which I love! There was a Cathe Live Step and it was really hard. It was like 5 minutes to the stretch and she was having problems. She said, “just follow them.” Then a moment later she was back. It is really hard to teach step. And you know, you will be doing jumping jacks when Cathe says, “let’s have a party!”

I started with Leslie Sansone too, before graduating to Cathe. Leslie is really good to start with as many of her workouts are broken down into miles and you can choose how many miles you want to do. When I started I struggled to do 1 mile but after a couple of weeks I was doing 2-3 miles. I've also used her DVDs to get back into working out after surgery.

I also had some Jillian Michaels DVDs but she is terrible. What really put me off her was in one of her workouts she was stepping up and down on a chair. For years at work we've been told not to do this because it is dangerous and at high school I injured myself doing this and needed stitches. Yet, here Jillian is not only doing it in her workout but making money off an unsafe practice.

I started with Leslie Sansone too, before graduating to Cathe. Leslie is really good to start with as many of her workouts are broken down into miles and you can choose how many miles you want to do. When I started I struggled to do 1 mile but after a couple of weeks I was doing 2-3 miles. I've also used her DVDs to get back into working out after surgery.

I also had some Jillian Michaels DVDs but she is terrible. What really put me off her was in one of her workouts she was stepping up and down on a chair. For years at work we've been told not to do this because it is dangerous and at high school I injured myself doing this and needed stitches. Yet, here Jillian is not only doing it in her workout but making money off an unsafe practice.
Totally agree with. Glad I am not the only one who started with Sansone!

I can totally relate to Denise Austin. That is why I just ignore her.

How about Jillian Michaels? I know she means well, but to advocate for a 1,200 calorie diet is ridiculous. The history of the 1,200 calorie diet was due to WW I to ration food during the war. Women kept this up due to the roaring twenties. When the fashion during that time was the flapper, who was flat chested and had no hips.
Of course this body type wasn’t realistic, but they tried. Then the depression happen and women’s body type changed.

Also, Michaels never mentions her other Biggest Loser leader Bob Harper, who had a heart attack, even though he wasn’t obese. Harper and Michaels screamed at these contestants that they were going to die of obesity. The show was set up that if you were obese you were going to die, die, die. And then Harper had a heart attack and almost died in the gym. He was luckily saved by a doctor at the gym.

Now don’t get me wrong. Being overweight does cause medical conditions, but once you change your diet and exercise you can make your body healthier. The sad thing is the skinny “unhealthy”. Just because you are thin, you still have to watch your health.

Just because you are thin you don’t get a I can do anything I want to my health free card.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.