I hope all my RT friends will celebrate with me!

BeeCakes

It's Julie from MN, formerly Amadeus,I couldn't retrieve my former screen name after the big forum overhaul for some reason.:confused:

Anyhow! I am so happy and overjoyed to be going on this trip, there was a time when it didn't look like I would ever be doing any kind of intense physical activity again.

After enjoying good health all my life, last year I was suprisingly diagnosed with congestive heart failure (idiopathic cardio myopathy). I thought that I had aggravated my existing mild asthma, WRONG. My left ventricular output was down to a dismal 10% which is technically speaking "almost dead" normal is 60%. My primary doc had tears in her eyes when she told me, the cardiac doc's wanted to get me psyched up for heart transplant, but I KNEW I could get better and I insisted on giving my heart a chance. And by God, I did. AND one of the most interesting things I found out was that my level of cardiac fitness was possibly all that saved me.

I am so happy to say I have come a long, long way and am back to 45% output for the left ventricle in January of this year and I suspect that number has gone up. I have clearance from my doc's to participate in what I choose as long as I pay attention to how I feel and modify if necessary.:D Lol, maybe Cedie or Brenda can demo modifications in the back with me:rolleyes:

Soooo many times after I signed up for the RT I really thought about canceling (just ask Den Mother Debbie;)). I was so afraid it would all be too much for me and that I'd just absolutely choke during the 8 classes, but I'm so happy I'm going.

I can't wait to meet everyone (time to warp this up, I'm starting to bawl now) :rolleyes: This RT is going to be my personal victory lap! I hope everyone's with me!

From what I know about this group - we'll all be taking a victory lap with you!

It's Julie from MN, formerly Amadeus,I couldn't retrieve my former screen name after the big forum overhaul for some reason.:confused:

Anyhow! I am so happy and overjoyed to be going on this trip, there was a time when it didn't look like I would ever be doing any kind of intense physical activity again.

After enjoying good health all my life, last year I was suprisingly diagnosed with congestive heart failure (idiopathic cardio myopathy). I thought that I had aggravated my existing mild asthma, WRONG. My left ventricular output was down to a dismal 10% which is technically speaking "almost dead" normal is 60%. My primary doc had tears in her eyes when she told me, the cardiac doc's wanted to get me psyched up for heart transplant, but I KNEW I could get better and I insisted on giving my heart a chance. And by God, I did. AND one of the most interesting things I found out was that my level of cardiac fitness was possibly all that saved me.

I am so happy to say I have come a long, long way and am back to 45% output for the left ventricle in January of this year and I suspect that number has gone up. I have clearance from my doc's to participate in what I choose as long as I pay attention to how I feel and modify if necessary.:D Lol, maybe Cedie or Brenda can demo modifications in the back with me:rolleyes:

Soooo many times after I signed up for the RT I really thought about canceling (just ask Den Mother Debbie;)). I was so afraid it would all be too much for me and that I'd just absolutely choke during the 8 classes, but I'm so happy I'm going.

I can't wait to meet everyone (time to warp this up, I'm starting to bawl now) :rolleyes: This RT is going to be my personal victory lap! I hope everyone's with me!

Wow, that is some story Julie, you must be a very strong woman on the inside and out. I'm so glad you're doing well & coming to have fun with us! I will be delighted to help you celebrate. :)

Julie, it would be MY HONOR to celebrate with you!!! It's folks like you, and stories like yours, that makes these annual RTs SO MUCH MORE than just the workouts for me!!! See you SOON!

Julie--congratulations. Count me in for that victory lap. Just goes to show how important attitude and effort are with regards to your health. Truly inspirational.
Michelle

Wow Julie, what an inspirational story. I'm so happy you decided to come this year and join us!!!!! I can't wait to meet you and will gladly do some victory laps :D

Julie, So glad you will be able to join everyone on the RT. I look forward to meeting you! Time to celebrate! You will have a blast!

Julie,

You are an inspiration to everyone! Can't wait to meet you and celebrate with you. I will be happy to modify with you ;-)

Tracey

To quote Kool and the Gang
"Celebrate Good Times, Come On. Its a Celebration."

Looking forward to getting the chance to meet you.

Jean

See you soon!

Thanks so much for your support! I'll see you all very soon! Oh, unfortunately the celebration must best sans champagne. Doctor's orders. :mad::mad:

But go ahead and dump the Gatorade keg over my head!;)

Wow - that is AMAZING and I am so glad you powered through it all and are coming to celebrate! Looking forward to it!!!

Hey Julie!

It made my day to see you walk in that first day Julie! (my Zumba partner!!! :)) You did amazing on the trip and no one would have even noticed you were modifying! I was more then happy to celebrate this event with you and I will continue to keep you in my prayers for a speedy recovery/healing! BIG HUGE HUGS to you my friend!!!

Thanks so much for your support! I'll see you all very soon! Oh, unfortunately the celebration must best sans champagne. Doctor's orders. :mad::mad:

But go ahead and dump the Gatorade keg over my head!;)

Julie - It was so awesome to see you at the RT. Forget the champagne, we had a CELEBRATION party at Laura's place and like you everyone there has a story (right Melissa) but it was my/our pleasure to witness your victory one "step", "kick", and "jump" on your journey to wellness. :D

Julie, you were simply AMAZING this weekend!!!! Thank you for not canceling....we all need each other's support the most at times like these. I'm so happy we had this time together!!!! (((((((HUGS)))))) Keep going strong...you are soooo amazing!

Julie - It was so awesome to see you at the RT. Forget the champagne, we had a CELEBRATION party at Laura's place and like you everyone there has a story (right Melissa) but it was my/our pleasure to witness your victory one "step", "kick", and "jump" on your journey to wellness. :D

Yep, We all have our stories ;) Julie's was by far the coolest!! It was such a fun celebration. We need to do it all again next year.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.