Prayers and thoughts please!

Oooh Liann I'm glad I saw this a little later and could get your updates at the same time! I'm sorry your mom has to deal with this, and no one ever needs to fall and hit their head, but I'm super glad she's so active and feisty! (Wonder where you got it...)

Hopefully she's seen a doc by now and is all patched up. Many gentle hugs!!!

Liann - please keep us posted. I am saying a prayer for mom. My mom got knocked down by my brother's big dog right after that Natasha incident and she had a mild concussion and was really worried about that Natasha head thing but I think it was such a freak incident with her. All kinds of positive thoughts and prayers for you and your mom and dad. She does sound mighty feisty and strong - that will take her a long way in whatever recovery she has to go through before she can heft boulders again :)

Thank you guys!!! I really appreciated all the kind words today! My mom ended up with a broken right wrist. She's got some good cuts on her right elbow too, but they decided she could heal without stitches. Her head is sore and her ear is a little purple, but they don't think she has a concussion at this point. The doctor told her she must have a really hard head and she said, "just ask my husband!" Poor thing spent the entire day in the Emergency room and didn't get out until around 5. The orthopedic surgeon who set her arm (that just makes me cringe) doesn't think this particular break is going to heal on it's own, so she is going back for another x-ray in a week. If he doesn't like the way it looks, they plan to operate. I feel so bad for her because she has family coming in next week and we are having a huge cook out at her house on July 4th. She's just going to have to sit it out and let the rest of us do the work - something she is not good at doing! Anyhow, she's on Vicodin now, so she's doing fine. :)

Thanks for the update Liann. Your poor mom :( But at least she's got a hard head LOL!! **crossing my fingers** that she doensn't have to have surgery.

Oh, Liann, I'm so sorry to hear about your Mom's accident. I'll say my prayers and keep my fingers crossed for a very speedy recovery.

i'm glad to hear your mom is okay. my grandmother broke her arm and had surgery at 85 and my sister's husband's great grandmother had hip surgery at 93 (she lived to 102!)...so your mom is a spring chicken and should do just fine if surgery is necessary. sending my prayers to your mom.

Just an update - mom had a Cat Scan done yesterday and she goes back to the doctor on Monday. They are going to make the call then whether or not to operate on the wrist. Please send all the anti-operation vibes you can muster! :)

I don't know how I missed this, I've been here this week!! Many prayers and anti-operation vibes for your mom Liann!!!! And a hug for you too...you've obviously been so worried.

May your mother garner all the strength of the boulders on her property, healing rapidly and thereby her wrist heals without the need for surgery.

:)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.