Hardcore check in May 28,2009 Thursday

WD

Cathlete
I forgot to turn on the alarm this morning. So workout before I came over to dd's was Amy Bento's Kettlebell Dynamics workout 3 and first two combos of workout 1. I burned 311 calories and worked out for 42 minutes. I bought Tony one on one road warrior and tubing with me along with a couple of kickbox workouts. The children are still asleep. I am really struggling with the eating. No salad on Alfredo night. Last night was enchiladas, tacos, beans. DD does not use lowfat products either:eek: I took my grandson and the baby and had a sandwich at subway for lunch.

I am really sore in my biceps and triceps today. :hyper: Love it! It's hard for me to get my biceps sore.

Today was Shoulder and Abs. Shoulder work went well, I petered out with the ab work. I did it, but not what I wanted to do.

8 minute warmup on treadmill.

1 minute rest between each set.

**Denotes drop set exercises.

SHOULDERS
Overhead Dumbbell Press:
25's - 8/8/8/8
***Added a set to this exercise. Felt strong with these.

Upright Rows:
50# - 10/10/10
***Almost borderline too heavy. My right shoulder was feeling this one.

Bent-Over Lateral Raise:
15's - 12
17's - 12/12
***This exercise is so easy for me. Could have gone with 20's.

Lateral Raise**:
12's - 12/12/12
10's - 14
8's - 14
5's - 20
***Got a great burn. After 3rd set I did the drop sets with no rest in between.

Barbell Shrugs:
105# - 15/15/15/15
***Added a set here as well. Love shrugs.

ABS
Trisets:
Planks: 2 - 1 minute planks on elbows
Hanging Knee Raise w/Twist: 8 each side
Inverted Pyke on Stability Ball: 8/5
***One minute rest between trisets. Only did 2 sets because I was wiped out by the 2nd set. With the 2nd set of planks I only made 45 seconds and dropped to my knees. Very frustrating there. Inverted planks, same thing. After rep 5 I was done.

That is all....

Morning! I am doing Tracey Staehle's High Intensity Step Mix 2 today and abs- haven't decided what yet. My mom is finally going to start exercising (I'm so happy!) and is coming over to trade time with me in the workout room downstairs. I'm setting her up with a Cathe upper body premix of some sort and she has a beginning cardio DVD too.

Diane Sue: I'm sorry about the eating- that's tough. Hopefully you'll be in your house soon.

Debbie: Great weights on those lateral raises! And YAY for bicep DOMS- I had some last week and was thrilled! :eek:

Gotta go, Mom is here.

Good Morning Maniacs!!!

Yesterday's workout:

BICEPS:
Ez Curls 60# 5/12
Hammer Curls 30's 3/12 (went up 5# because I can anyways)
Preacher Curls 40# bb 3/12

BACK:
Lat Pulldowns 60# 5/12
Pullovers 35# db 3/12 (went up 5#)
One Arm Rows 30# db 3/12 (went up 5#)

**So I know I am suppose to go light with weights for the higher reps, but honestly felt like I could go higher on a few and so I did. For some reason I felt very fatigued doing the EZ Curls. Just a low energy day, I guess.

Today I want to ride my bike, but they are calling for rain off and on and right now it is sunny so I am pretty much bored with all other cardio so maybe I should just bike in the rain? lol. Gotta work abs too..didn't yesterday.

Diane Sue,

I know eating that way really bugs you. Sometimes we have to go thru these moments to teach us that we can't always have our way...I guess. lol. Your workouts burn everything off though, but I am sure your tum tum doesn't feel as good digesting.

Debbie,

Nice work yesterday on biceps! Always good when you feel it next day. Really nice workout today too!

Patti,

Great that your mom will be working out. That is so awesome!

Linda,

Haha..didn't know you were married to a Gemini. Your Taurus, right? Wow, your signs together are like my own and hubby's. Scorpio and Gemini are suppose to be at odds with each other. It is meant to be though. He loves change and I hate it so we balance each other out in alot of ways. He likes spontaneous and I like to finish up what I am obsessing over..cleaning, working out, etc. so he is teaching me not to be so rigid. haha. I am teaching him (trying to) to stick with workouts, etc. He is on his own there. Can't make anyone.

I bench 80# too, and want to go heavier. My problem is that above my spinal lumbar fusion, I tend to get spasms when I go too heavy. I've tried inching the pounds up and got up to 85#, but started getting spasms in my thorasic area. My shoulders are bad too, so I have to be extremely careful with my form.

I have a tough time increasing my barbell curls because of the problem in my shoulders. I'm pretty sure there is no way I can curl a 60# bar, but now....I want to try! LOL! Doc thinks I might have tears in my bicep tendons, and some other hidden tears in my rotator cuff. He wants to do surgery, I want to wait.

I like your nutritional routine. Looks good. I'm no where near as trim as you, but I hope to one day get (back) there. I put on more than 50 pounds during the years in a wheelchair. It's hard for me since I can get knocked down and out by a couple of hard hitters (MS and Lupus) when I over do things or am under too much stress, and I am no spring chicken (I will be 55 on June 4th). But I too, am a fitness maniac, and PROUD of it!

Carol

Carol - Thanks for posting. I'm with you on the shoulder pain. I think I tore something in my rotator cuff doing 115# bench presses a few months back. It seems to be getting better, though, I just don't want to push my luck with heavy benching right now. I haven't had it checked, but I know I should.

You should post here with your workouts. You seem like a Hardcore Maniac to me! Nice job working out while you are batteling MS and Lupus. You deserve a huge kudos for that!!! You are definitely an inspiration!

Char - Nice workout yesterday even though you felt your energy was low. You did awesome nonetheless! You animal! :eek:

Janie - Did you see what I posted about your calorie intake yesterday?

Debbie - when I woke up this morning, I was thinking about what to do today. PUB came to mind but my entire body is still hurting from KBs. I thought - well, you could go lighter but no, that would not work! Then I realized that I meant to respond to your post yesterday and got distracted. You are an incredible lifter - I think you should be proud to show off what you've got! Make the boys cry:p

Patti - YAY for your mom!

Char - speaking of incredible weights...! Go girl. I like to ride my bike in the rain. Once you are wet, you are wet. Just be mindful of the braking situation in the rain :eek:

Diane Sue - sorry about the eating. I hate the feeling of being out of control. Charlotte is right though - you burn amazing amounts in your workouts and you look super. It really does a number on digestion and energy levels though (at least for me).

Carol - you are definitely a *maniac*! Those are some big battles to fight but here you are, talking about trying to lift more! Awesome.

I may take a break today (it is supposed to be my recovery week and I have yet to "recover!") but probably not. Did not do abs yesterday b/c they were still sore from the KB workout. 2 weeks and 2 days until Florida - no time to be wasting! Mark did comment (I had to ask him though) that he could see changes in my body so that was nice. Calories were too low yesterday but macros were ok. I missed my last snack and that messed it up.

Shana,

You crack me up! Well I have an hour to hour weather forecast that I am checking so I am thinking around lunchtime I might miss the rainshowers. As for meditation this morning on the mountain...might get washed out..still trying to figure out if I should go or not.

Debbie,

Thanks!

I am finished with my workout. I burned 1084 calories total today. I did Amy's Kickbox surge stopping at the core refining, then I did Tony's Road Warrior One on One workout with the tubing.

Charlotte, I have been doing shorter workouts a lot lately and sometimes none. I need to get control of something. I did good today though. My Brother is visiting tomorrow so I doubt I get a workout in Fri and Sat.

Shana, you are right the digestion hasn't been good here. I am not used to eating that kind of stuff non stop. I feel lethargic despite the coffee.

Patti, that is great that your mother is going to start working out:)

Morning Maniacs! Sorry I've been MIA, but that is just how it goes this time of year. Anyways, I've been riding my road bike a lot! Up to 47 miles right now. Lot's of good long hard climbs too. I've also been doing the Dove Bodies workouts this week. Last week was Kettlebells and 30 day shred. Going to Fruita Co. to ride the mountain bikes this weekend.

Char- On my bike ride the other day I got caught in a down pour of rain! Actually, it was quite refreshing and very peaceful and very wet. My hubby is a Gemini too! I love both of him...actually one of him more than the other lol!

Diane Sue- I bet you can't wait to get back to normal and into a house.:)

Debbie- I hear ya on the tank top thing. A couple of years ago I saw a picture of me in a tank top and my first thought was, "who is he":eek:? That's when I changed up my workouts and now I'm used to not lifting as heavy, but it took a lot of mental stuff to get over it (I only do a heavy [but not super heavy] rotation about once or twice a year now). My injuries have also gone way down. I don't want to look like that again or get a stupid self-induced injury again. I build muscle super fast on my upperbody.

Anyway, Hi to everyone else. Gotta run...

Bionics,

Hear ya on that one! That is funny. Great to have two husbands in one, huh? My husband cannot stand to be bored so he keeps things interesting all the time. We can just be driving somewhere and then he wants to go somewhere else that is so unexpected. I kinda love that.

Love to hear about your bike rides! Cool.

Diane Sue,

Your just gonna have to laugh your way thru all the uncontrolled moments. I do cuz there is nothing else I can do but throw my hands up and laugh when I actually want to scream!! hehe

Morning Ladies:rolleyes:

How is everyone doing? Me, I am good. I missed you guys. Back from North Carolina and my first day back at work, argh……….. I am so ready to get back into my workout routine it is ridiculous. This morning, I had the hardest time trying to find something to wear EVERTYHING is to tight or I can not fit it. While there in NC my girlfriend grandmother, bless her heart she’s 89 years young live by herself, she out run me. I never seen met anyone like her I felted in love with her. Alls we did was eat…eat…and eat drink..drink...drink...cook out more cook out. I am up from when we left 4.6 lbs. I am not mad just ready to work:cool:

Any who, I will check in tomorrow probably start with a light workout maybe hit treadmill I have Ipod charging. Okay enough for now, tty guys later.

BTW, nice work everyone.

Roselyn - I ordered it. I knew that I would be bummed if I didn't. I probably won't do all of it but figure I will enjoy some of it (especially the athletic step). Patti ordered it too.

I forgot to turn on the alarm this morning. So workout before I came over to dd's was Amy Bento's Kettlebell Dynamics workout 3 and first two combos of workout 1. I burned 311 calories and worked out for 42 minutes. I bought Tony one on one road warrior and tubing with me along with a couple of kickbox workouts. The children are still asleep. I am really struggling with the eating. No salad on Alfredo night. Last night was enchiladas, tacos, beans. DD does not use lowfat products either:eek: I took my grandson and the baby and had a sandwich at subway for lunch.
Diane Sue, Hang in there, once you get into your own home, it will be so much better. I'm struggling also with my eating. (I know, it doesn't make it right). When I have company or if I'm away from home, something happens and everything goes out the door. It is a struggle. This first workout looks really good to me. I think you are on your way to getting back in a routine.

I am really sore in my biceps and triceps today. :hyper: Love it! It's hard for me to get my biceps sore.
Today was Shoulder and Abs. Shoulder work went well, I petered out with the ab work. I did it, but not what I wanted to do.
Debbie, Yeah! I also love it when I have DOM's. After my breakfast will do abs, shoulders, biceps and triceps and hopefully I'll feel DOM's as well. Thank you so much for taking the time to help me with my calories, protein powders, eating. You are so great to people who need help. I have to take my hat off to you.

Morning! I am doing Tracey Staehle's High Intensity Step Mix 2 today and abs- haven't decided what yet. My mom is finally going to start exercising (I'm so happy!) and is coming over to trade time with me in the workout room downstairs. I'm setting her up with a Cathe upper body premix of some sort and she has a beginning cardio DVD too.
Patti, Love Tracey Staehle. I'm so proud of your Mom and taking hold of the reins with her health. Good for her! Sounds like a great workout.

**So I know I am suppose to go light with weights for the higher reps, but honestly felt like I could go higher on a few and so I did. For some reason I felt very fatigued doing the EZ Curls. Just a low energy day, I guess.
Today I want to ride my bike, but they are calling for rain off and on and right now it is sunny so I am pretty much bored with all other cardio so maybe I should just bike in the rain? lol. Gotta work abs too..didn't yesterday.
Char, What a great workout. 60#'s on EZ curls? Maybe that's why you had a little bit of low energy.LOL;) That is a great workout!

Carol - Thanks for posting. I'm with you on the shoulder pain. I think I tore something in my rotator cuff doing 115# bench presses a few months back. It seems to be getting better, though, I just don't want to push my luck with heavy benching right now. I haven't had it checked, but I know I should.
You should post here with your workouts. You seem like a Hardcore Maniac to me! Nice job working out while you are batteling MS and Lupus. You deserve a huge kudos for that!!! You are definitely an inspiration!
Debbie, I agree, Carol is an inspiration.

Carol, Do think about coming here to post workouts.

I may take a break today (it is supposed to be my recovery week and I have yet to "recover!") but probably not. Did not do abs yesterday b/c they were still sore from the KB workout. 2 weeks and 2 days until Florida - no time to be wasting! Mark did comment (I had to ask him though) that he could see changes in my body so that was nice. Calories were too low yesterday but macros were ok. I missed my last snack and that messed it up.
Meowracer, You should try to revocer at least a few days. Love it when our other half comments on great things about our bodies. Yeah! Today you have another chance for macros.;)

I am finished with my workout. I burned 1084 calories total today. I did Amy's Kickbox surge stopping at the core refining, then I did Tony's Road Warrior One on One workout with the tubing.
Diane Sue, See, you are doing great as we speak. Love the calorie burn.:confused:

Morning Maniacs! Sorry I've been MIA, but that is just how it goes this time of year. Anyways, I've been riding my road bike a lot! Up to 47 miles right now. Lot's of good long hard climbs too. I've also been doing the Dove Bodies workouts this week. Last week was Kettlebells and 30 day shred. Going to Fruita Co. to ride the mountain bikes this weekend.
Sunnyside, You are amazing! But then what Maniac isn't? I can't even imagine 47 miles except in a car. Have fun in Fruita Co. bike riding. Whew! Let us know how it goes.

Morning Ladies:rolleyes:
How is everyone doing? Me, I am good. I missed you guys. Back from North Carolina and my first day back at work, argh……….. I am so ready to get back into my workout routine it is ridiculous. This morning, I had the hardest time trying to find something to wear EVERTYHING is to tight or I can not fit it. While there in NC my girlfriend grandmother, bless her heart she’s 89 years young live by herself, she out run me. I never seen met anyone like her I felted in love with her. Alls we did was eat…eat…and eat drink..drink...drink...cook out more cook out. I am up from when we left 4.6 lbs. I am not mad just ready to work:cool:
Any who, I will check in tomorrow probably start with a light workout maybe hit treadmill I have Ipod charging. Okay enough for now, tty guys later.
Teddygirl, I hear ya about getting back into an exercise routine. It sounds like you had a fantastic time. Good for you. I would like to meet this 89 year young person. What an inspirational story!:)

I did BM2 double upper body premix. Are you any of you ordering the STS cardio? What are your thoughts on it?
PRAGE64, I ordered them and can't wait to get my hands on um. There are so many to choose from. There will now be no excuses at all to do cardio. The weigt STS series, has been fanstic for me, I'm sure the cardio will be as well.

Will be doing Disc 27 today - Shoulders, Biceps and Triceps.

See ya later,

Janie

Debbie - when I woke up this morning, I was thinking about what to do today. PUB came to mind but my entire body is still hurting from KBs. I thought - well, you could go lighter but no, that would not work! Then I realized that I meant to respond to your post yesterday and got distracted. You are an incredible lifter - I think you should be proud to show off what you've got! Make the boys cry:p

Thanks Shana! I was feeling pretty crappy yesterday about myself but today I am better. I like that: Make the boys cry! LOL!!!

Debbie- I hear ya on the tank top thing. A couple of years ago I saw a picture of me in a tank top and my first thought was, "who is he":eek:? That's when I changed up my workouts and now I'm used to not lifting as heavy, but it took a lot of mental stuff to get over it (I only do a heavy [but not super heavy] rotation about once or twice a year now). My injuries have also gone way down. I don't want to look like that again or get a stupid self-induced injury again. I build muscle super fast on my upperbody.

You know, Dallys, usually I love seeing all my muscles. I don't get what my problem is right now. Maybe I'm just hormonal or something, who knows. Hopefully it will pass because I don't intend on stopping my heavy training. I am training smarter, though, and even though I am lifting heavy, it's quite a bit lighter then what I was lifting. Due to injuries, I decided to take it easy, my shoulder still bothers me and I'm scared to really mess it up.

I did BM2 double upper body premix. Are you any of you ordering the STS cardio? What are your thoughts on it?

Roslyn - I'm not ordering it. I'd like the kickboxing one (or martial arts one?) but other than that, I don't need any more cardio.

I finished my workout (just the cardio) plus the abs. That workout kicks my butt! I didn't even do a great job on the abs since my hip flexors are fried from yesterday. Eh, tomorrow is another day on that.

Hi Teddy! We missed you- welcome back.

Roselyn: Shana is right I ordered STS cardio- invoice #4! :eek: I love Cathe cardio and didn't hesitate. I'm sure I will love it- it promises a lot of variety and I love new and different cardio.

Hey Dallys! Great ride- glad you stopped in to say hi.

Charlotte: I thought the same thing- 60# curls- um yeah, that will make you tired! LOL.

Debbie: Glad you are feeling better today about how awesome you look! We all have weird days like that.

Diane Sue: Now that's the calorie burn you know and love. :D

Sunnyside, You are amazing! But then what Maniac isn't? I can't even imagine 47 miles except in a car. Have fun in Fruita Co. bike riding. Whew! Let us know how it goes.

Janie
Thanks! I'm sure you could do it too! You are a maniac after all.;)

You know, Dallys, usually I love seeing all my muscles. I don't get what my problem is right now. Maybe I'm just hormonal or something, who knows. Hopefully it will pass because I don't intend on stopping my heavy training. I am training smarter, though, and even though I am lifting heavy, it's quite a bit lighter then what I was lifting. Due to injuries, I decided to take it easy, my shoulder still bothers me and I'm scared to really mess it up.
I bet it is hormonal or something. It's funny, I don't think our muscles really know if we lighten weight a bit or not. It's just our minds that thinks we are slacking if we do. lol! Anyways, You look great and have a ton of women on here that wish they looked as good as you!:cool: You should be proud of yourself.
Hey Dallys! Great ride- glad you stopped in to say hi.
Thanks! It's been fun. I see tons of people pulling their kids in those cart thingies behind their bikes. I picture you doing that.:D Now that would be a workout!

MEALS FOR TODAY:

Low calorie day

M1: On whey protein shake w/strawberries (pre workout)
M2: Cinnamon pancake (post workout)
M3: Banana Nut Bread BSN w/ 1/2 c. oats & 1 tbsp. Naturally More PB
M4: Turkey patty on 1 slice whole wheat bread w/avacado & thin slice provolone
M5: Cottage cheese w/2 tbsp. low sugar strawberry jam
M6: Cashew Butter Chicken Stew; Cucumber, tomatoes and onion w/lite Northern Italian dressing
M7: Chocolate protein pancake w/ 1 tbsp. Naturally More PB

1541 calories
58.5 g. fat - 35%
135 g. protein - 35%
128 g. carbs - 33%

Dallys - Thanks!!! :eek:

I am really struggling with the eating. No salad on Alfredo night. Last night was enchiladas, tacos, beans. DD does not use lowfat products either:eek:

DianeSue - Sorry things are difficult right now! Still an amazing calorie burn as always!

Debbie
- Greta job on the Bicep DOMS, that is hard to accomplish!

Patti
- Cool that your Mom is taking an interest. Wish mine would!

Linda,

Haha..didn't know you were married to a Gemini. Your Taurus, right? Wow, your signs together are like my own and hubby's. Scorpio and Gemini are suppose to be at odds with each other. It is meant to be though. He loves change and I hate it so we balance each other out in alot of ways. He likes spontaneous and I like to finish up what I am obsessing over..cleaning, working out, etc. so he is teaching me not to be so rigid. haha. I am teaching him (trying to) to stick with workouts, etc. He is on his own there. Can't make anyone.

Char- On my bike ride the other day I got caught in a down pour of rain! Actually, it was quite refreshing and very peaceful and very wet. My hubby is a Gemini too! I love both of him...actually one of him more than the other lol!

Bionics,
Hear ya on that one! That is funny. Great to have two husbands in one, huh? My husband cannot stand to be bored so he keeps things interesting all the time. We can just be driving somewhere and then he wants to go somewhere else that is so unexpected. I kinda love that.

Char & Dally - Love the comment about loving both of them. So true, So true. As far as the spontenaity (sp) that must be my DH's repressed twin. He is more of a stick in the mud. He's an accountant, need I say more.:p

Rpage- I ordered STS cardio. And looking forward to them, as I am always looking for new cardio to mix things up!

Hello to everyone I missed! But I just can't keep up today.

Today was upper body for me.

IMAX2 through first blast as body warmup.

2 warm-up sets of 10 reps for every exercise, doing one side at a time. (so everything on the right, then everything on the left, repeat)

One Arm Bent-Over Lat Raise - 5#
One Arm Kickback - 8#
One Arm Row - 25#
One Arm Lat Raise - 5#
One Arm DB Curl - 12#
One Arm Overhead Press - 10#
One Arm Floor Chest Press - 20#

1 Working Drop Set, Rep Pattern 4, 6, 8, 10, 12, 20, everything on one side.

One Arm Bent-Over Lat Raise - 17,13,11,9,6,4 #
***Upped the first set by .5#, and the rest by 1#
One Arm OH Extensions - 21,16,13,11,9,6 #
***Upped all sets by 1#
One Arm Row - 53,46,41,36,31,26,#
***Upped all sets by 1#
One Arm Lat Raise - 17,13,11,9,6,4 #
***Again upped the first set by .5#, and rest by 1#
One Arm Concentration DB Curl - 30,25,20,15,10,8 #
***Changed this to a concentration curl and happy to say I did not need the two finger assist today!
One Arm Overhead Press - 27,21,16,13,11,9 #
***Upped all sets by 1#
One Arm Chest Press - 38,31,26,21,16,11 #
***Upped all sets by 1#

Then ran out of time, so I just did a couple of stretches on my own. Workout was 1:13 and burned 429 calories.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.