Cathes been airbrushed!

Damn skippy, there is a whole lot of flaming going on. It's an Open Discussion, people should feel free to post whatever random thought comes into their mind.

IDREAM, I understand what you were saying. It's your opinion and you are entitled to it. Try to ignore the negativity.

I say speak your mind, be honest. If you notice something and want to talk about, then do so.

I have often noticed she has had some "work done." But that is OK by me, not criticising her at all. It is just like what Cher said one time:

If you dont have "stuff done" they talk about you and if you do
have "stuff done" they talk about you.

Hah!

A couple of things bother me, and one is that I've already spent 5 minutes on this topic! Yes, you have the right to speak your mind - I think that is great and we should all take advantage of that choice and be able to do so freely. The post just came across as a bit hypocritical to me b/c you are judging something that you think she did and the end result is you are disappointed in her and meanwhile, the post came across as judgmental and yeah, in turn, you were criticized and judged for that. Everybody who responded has as much a right to their opinion as you do to yours. As I said before, you probably meant exactly what you said you meant...you just should not be surprised that you got the response you got. We are all human and entitled to our opinions, and our good days and bad days as well.

FYI - I just realized, as I looked at my calendar for an upclose of the pull up tower, which I did not find, that the same picture in question here is also in the calendar - November I think...at least that is what I am assuming from the above link is the "airbrushed" photo.

Andrea,

I never meant to flame you. I hope my posts did not seem out of line.

I'd like to say this in the kindest possible way - "disappointed" is likely to be construed as a strong word in the context of your post. I cover my gray. Vain! Hair dye abuses the environment with its harsh chemicals and some say it has health side-effects. I wouldnt mind being told "You dont need to" or "Sure, you look older when you dont, but it is not worth it." If someone used the word "disappointed" that would seem to me, too strong. So I can see the point of view of people to whom it implied judgment. I only say this, if perhaps it could help you understand reactions.

Even if a pic of Cathe is airbrushed, I cant conclude Cathe had a hand in it, or that I understand her reasons. For all I know, it could just be a web-design team member who was taught at web-design school that airbrushing is a step along the way and is following process. Most likely everyone at SNM is too busy to notice. I certainly still dont. Even if Cathe actually wants every picture airbrushed, I dont see anything wrong. Airbrushing to me is like wearing make-up or a corset to hold it all in or a padded bra, only after the photo is shot instead of before. A whole lot less time consuming an option! It is also less time consuming than shooting/sifting through hundreds of pics for the best.

There are people who feel contemplating about Cathe this way on her board is acceptable and some who feel it is not.

I just realized I am contributing to conjecture by posting and I dont think I should. So I will stop now.

Last edited:
I have absolutely no problem with the original poster's comments nor with the way or place in which she posted them. It is others, in commenting upon her words, who have made mountains out of molehills.

People constantly feel they have to leap upon whatever they sense to be a slight attack upon Cathe or her good name. She doesn't need you to defend her because in doing so, you flame others and make them feel unwelcome on Cathe's website. Such people need to back off, go get a life and realize that Cathe is a big girl and she can tie her own sandals and everything.

So, original poster: as you were.....and I'm off to a more interesting thread.

Clare

After years of weight training and aerobics after following gymnastics as a child. Cathe's fat cells will have squeezed out any fat that tries to settle under her skin. Ladies have a guid laugh. Cathe's skin will be taught, muscles squeezed after years of exercises and she'll watch what she puts in her body. keep arguing some of love it. Gives me a guid laugh. love my fat cells.

After years of weight training and aerobics after following gymnastics as a child. Cathe's fat cells will have squeezed out any fat that tries to settle under her skin. Ladies have a guid laugh. Cathe's skin will be taught, muscles squeezed after years of exercises and she'll watch what she puts in her body. keep arguing some of love it. Gives me a guid laugh. love my fat cells.

I'm so confused. What does "guid" mean?

Amy

I'm so confused. What does "guid" mean?

Amy

I was wondering the same thing. I don't understand what "Cathe's skin will be taught." Taught what? :confused:

I looked at my Cathe calendar and the photo on the home page is identical to the one in my calendar.
I think Cathe looks the same in the STS workout. I honestly do not see a difference. I'm not trying to flame Andrea. I just don't see any difference.

Cathe's picture was airbrushed as the OP mentioned. It was a vein over the forehead, on the right side. I noticed it right away because it just popped out at me. I was impressed when I saw that vein because it showed me how intense she is working so, like the OP, I didn't understand why they would remove it but hey, no big deal. Cathe and SNM did it at their own discretion which is their right.

I didn't get the impression that the OP was losing sleep over it - just questioned it.

I have absolutely no problem with the original poster's comments nor with the way or place in which she posted them. It is others, in commenting upon her words, who have made mountains out of molehills.

People constantly feel they have to leap upon whatever they sense to be a slight attack upon Cathe or her good name. She doesn't need you to defend her because in doing so, you flame others and make them feel unwelcome on Cathe's website. Such people need to back off, go get a life and realize that Cathe is a big girl and she can tie her own sandals and everything.

So, original poster: as you were.....and I'm off to a more interesting thread.

Clare

Maybe you don't have a problem with the OP's opinion and that is great! But maybe other people do and their opinion is just as valid. Just as the OP has a right to voice her opinion, the other posters have the same right.

It is getting really tiresome around here. Every time someone posts something and other people dare to disagree, some people feel the need to jump into the thread and scream "flaming" "negativity" "personal attack", "don't make people feel unwelcom", etc. Come on, peeps, people disagree on things, so what. It'd be pretty boring if every time someone brought up a topic eveyone said "Yes, I totally agree". Just because someone disagrees with someone's opinion doesn't mean that they dislike or disrespect the other person. One of my closest friends is on the very opposite spectrum of many of my believes, I disagree with her but nevertheless I respect her and love her dearly.

Yes, Cathe is a big girl and can tie her own sandals but so is Andrea!

Sheesh!!

Maybe you don't have a problem with the OP's opinion and that is great! But maybe other people do and their opinion is just as valid. Just as the OP has a right to voice her opinion, the other posters have the same right.

It is getting really tiresome around here. Every time someone posts something and other people dare to disagree, some people feel the need to jump into the thread and scream "flaming" "negativity" "personal attack", "don't make people feel unwelcom", etc. Come on, peeps, people disagree on things, so what. It'd be pretty boring if every time someone brought up a topic eveyone said "Yes, I totally agree". Just because someone disagrees with someone's opinion doesn't mean that they dislike or disrespect the other person. One of my closest friends is on the very opposite spectrum of many of my believes, I disagree with her but nevertheless I respect her and love her dearly.

Sheesh!!

ITA Carola! I'm afraid to post to anything anymore, because God forbid I have a different opinion or don't agree with something. Like you said, the second someone voices any differing thought on the subject, they are criticized for "flaming" etc. Like Vee has ever flamed anyone in her life! ;) If you've got a problem with ANY of the responses here, I challenge you to check out some real flaming on some other forums. While I'm at it, personally I don't care either way if she's been airbrushed. Heck, I just airbrushed some pics of my nieces before posting them for them on FB since they are dealing with some skin issues. I haven't had any of their friends complain about being disappointed in them. ;) But hey, to each his own. Your allowed to be disappointed. Your even allowed to post a thread with a big flashing title that says "Cathe's been airbrushed". I can agree or disagree with the method. It's all good. :eek:

Last edited:
There are diplomatic ways to disagree (see Vee's posts ~ she's my role model :) ) and not-so-diplomatic ways.

Having added that thought, I admit that not everyone is very good at diplomacy. Being online exacerbates that, I think, because we aren't face-to-face, which means it's easier to snap and/or be snarky.

Guid means good.
Taught means tight.
Its from Scotland and I was paying Cathe a compliament.
Skin as tight as that on a drum.
Guid good the discussion was quite juicy.
Us Brits have a different sense of humour from the USA.
Scots even more so.
Keep it ladies. I love a guid brawl (punchup) and squabble (argument) for those who require translation.
Cat fighting at its best.
Hoping for lots more ladies.
Now lets hope that some of you are nail sharpening at present.
Disagreeing over a photograph,
Some of you are needing your heeds (head/brain) looked at.
Time to grow up.

Guid means good.
Taught means tight.
Scots even more so.
Keep it ladies. I love a guid brawl (punchup) and squabble (argument) for those who require translation.
Time to grow up.

Ah! That explains Sheena Easton! :D

Guid means good.
Taught means tight.
Scots even more so.
Time to grow up.

LOL! Oh yeah . . .

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.