Cathes been airbrushed!

ITA...

There are diplomatic ways to disagree (see Vee's posts ~ she's my role model :) ) and not-so-diplomatic ways.

Having added that thought, I admit that not everyone is very good at diplomacy. Being online exacerbates that, I think, because we aren't face-to-face, which means it's easier to snap and/or be snarky.

What she said. It's not what you say it's how you say it. And that's got nothing to do with pulling up one's big girl/boy panties and accepting other opinions, it's about courtesy and respect for others, especially those with whom we disagree. :)

Back to the main topic, I understand the airbrushing, it's common for those in the public eye and it doesn't particularly bother me.

Hi Andrea! Thank you for your opening compliments. I just read this now and honestly haven't even read any other comments on this thread (but will go back and read after I post this).

In any case I'm just confused as to what touching up you are referring to in this picture. The home page is the picture of me doing the wall squat right? The same one that was in the calendar correct? I have to tell you that this is the exact same picture, no touch ups were made to it. The prominent temple vein is still there on the picture I am looking at. The home page picture is considerably smaller than the calendar picture so less details will be apparent as a result.

Just thought I would clarify :)

Cathes home page picture has been airbrushed or whatever it is "they" do to remove what "they" think are faults.

Cathe I love you. You are a 40 plus woman with an awesome body who is incredibly fit and a natural fresh face. You or whoever did it, didn't need to remove the temple vein or wrinkle or whatever it was, admittedly it was there and yes, I noticed it. But the more I looked the more I went - "Cathe you truly are inspirational" for all us non surgically corrected women out there.

I think Im disappointed

I have to chime in...
I have never, and I mean NEVER have seen such a butt and body as Cathe's! When I was on her road trip, all of us could not believe that a body like that exists in true life...I really thought they only existed on airbrushed fitness magazine covers!! She is more beautiful and FIT in true life!

I have to chime in...
I have never, and I mean NEVER have seen such a butt and body as Cathe's! When I was on her road trip, all of us could not believe that a body like that exists in true life...I really thought they only existed on airbrushed fitness magazine covers!! She is more beautiful and FIT in true life!

i will second that!:D

Though I think Cathe's explanation makes this a moot point, I'm gonna chime in simply because I'm an opinionated Southern woman.

I used to work at a newspaper and one of my fellow reporters had her eyebrows trimmed up in her column photo. Not because she hated her eyebrows, but because they were uncharacteristically bushy in that photo. She hadn't had time for a wax that week. Sometimes people just want to look as they normally look and that's why they "tweak" their photos.

Cathe said no touch-up were made, but even if she had wanted to touch-up a picture, I wouldn't have a problem with it -- unless of course it was to enhance muscles, etc. And I know she'd never do that because Cathe doesn't seem to have a vain bone in her body. Though I've never met her, the way she leads her workouts demonstrate this. She never talks about being lean or thin or prettier. She talks about being stronger and healthier. She doesn't mind being filmed while sweaty and out of breath. I'm sure that a small vein is the least of her worries.

I agree with Vee that we all have our moments of "airbrushing" though. I don't dye my hair, yet, Vee, but I use self tanner in the summer. I wear make-up to cover wrinkles and pimples. I wear uncomfortable underwear when I dress up to suck in my three-baby-induced belly. And I post a pre-pregnancy avatar picture of me 30 pounds ago. I don't do these things to escape who I am. I do these things because they make me a happier version of myself.

To each their own. Right? :)

Show off!:p
I need one of those large monitors.:cool:
My oldest boy (working on a degree in IT), has 2 large monitors, and his computer hooked up to his flat panel tv. It's just crazy!
It's funny because I really didn't want this monitor. DH thought we should "get the big one" and he talked me into it. It's wonderful for watching videos and looking at photos, but for things like reading the forum I prefer a smaller screen, so I always adjust the page to about 1/2 the screen size. Oh, and as for DH, he almost never uses this computer! He's the spendthrift in this family! :p :D

I don't really notice these things unless it's really obvious. but since Cathe said it wasn't touched up, then she does look great on her own without touchups!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.