STS CHECK IN DISC 5...

Cathe Friedrich

Administrator
Hi Everyone! I'll be doing this disc later in the day. Be back with my results, but let's start hearing about yours? Have fun shocking it :eek:

Thanks Cathe for starting the thread early.

Oh my gosh - my tris are fried. I don't know if I will ever have DOMS in my back. I go heavy like I am suppose to and it seems the arm gives out before the back does, like on one arm rows. Am I doing something wrong?

I was doing 45 lbs for the BB rows so hopefully that will help. I actually need to get a better BB that fluctuates in weight. I have the olympic size BB at 45 pounds and then I have an easy curl bar (not sure of the weight, I am guessing 15 lbs) but then I only have one set of plates for it at 8.8 lbs each. the only plates I have are for the olympic bar and the holes are too big for the easy curl bar.

I am thinking I may have to switch over to DBs for some of the BB exercises.

anyway, the workout was great. The chin/pull-ups always get me but I was able to barely squeak out an extra one today. So I did 6 the first round, 4 then 2-halfs and the last set was 4 and 1-half. I went up in weight on most exercises. My tri's were a bit sore already so I had to be careful on some of those exercises. I was pushing it usually after 10-12 reps - getting those last 2-3 were tough.

All the band work was great. I could feel the burn.

Again, Thanks Cathe for a great workout system.

Rhonda

Cathe,

I had a question on Disc 4 but not sure if you seen it.

When I started with the bicep curls with DBs my left arm just would not budge. Right arm was fine. I went down in weight and it helped a bit but it almost seemed like it was paralyzed and just wouldn't move. The bow and arrow move holding the left arm out straight was tough. My arm would start to lower before we were done with the set. the lat raises that we went up and was suppose to hold up for the "8" count was not happening after the first 3or4 reps. My arm just would not stay up there.

Is this normal that some days the body just is rejecting to move? I did have DOMS in my bi and shoulder so I did work but I have never had that happen before where the arm/shoulder were not cooperating.

Rhonda

Hooray for drop sets!

Good Morning to Cathe and happy STS friends-

Okay perhaps the title of my post is a little over the top, but I actually feel good after destroying my poor lats and tris with drop sets this morning, so what if I cant use them properly the rest of the day. lol :eek: (someone remind me tomorrow when I am cursing the DOMS that I brought this happily upon myself today :p)

Anyway, the workout went well, it was all tough, and my forearms were screaming with the extra weight on the barbell for rows, but I made it through and feel much stronger than last week.

Okay, time for me to use the last bit of my endorphin rush from working out this morning to push me out the door to work. ;)

I look forward to reading everyones comments throughout the day.

Enjoy.

Mary :D

Lovin STS

I just finished disc 5 for the 2nd week, doing the 6 mth rotation and I loved it again. I love these workouts. And I agree that the band work is tough....I will never underestimate those bands again! :eek: GL everyone, hope your journey is going well!

ANOTHER WINNER !!!!!!!!!!:D

I loved Disc 5!

I found that all my double arm kickback weights were too high ! I had to lower them by several pounds and still they were screaming and I was barely eeking out the last reps.

The seesaw pushups......:eek: I FELT them bigtime when we "played with the reps" . I remember them from another workout (supersets, maybe ?) and always thought they were "FUN", but in this workout........OUCHIE!!!!

I can do all the side lying one arm pushups on one side and then the other.........my FEET keep lifting ! Any idea why, what I'm doing different on that one side ??

LOVE the bands again! They really get in there !!!:eek:

I added on med ball abs and extended stretch .

AWESOME workout !

Becky

Last edited:
This morning was disc #5 STS! Back and Triceps! Let me tell you - I still feel pumped! I better have some good DOMS tomorrow!

113 Dumbbell Rows Both Arms - 25# DB's
711 Close Grip Push Ups
113 Dumbbell Rows Both Arms - 25# DB's
711 Close Grip Push Ups
104 Chinups
**Used tubing
738 Seated Overhead Extensions One Arm (dumbbell) - 12# DB
134 One Arm Row (dumbbell) - 30# DB
167 T-Pull with band
717 Flat Bench Tricep Extensions (dumbbell) - 12# DB's
83 Barbell Rows -50# BB
**These are killing me. By the time you get to the last 7 I am fried. I should probably lower my weight by 5lbs or so
176 Y's with band
721 Kickbacks One Arm (dumbbell) - 12# DB
132 One Arm Horizontal Row (dumbbell) 20# DB
1052 Deadlifts (dumbbell) - 25# DB's
736 Seasaw Pushups
**I always feel like I'm not doing these right for some reason
726 One Arm press Down with Band
104 Chinups
**Used Tubing
737 Seated Overhead Extensions Both Arms (dumbbell) - 22# DB
83 Barbell Rows - 50# BB
**Another round??!
111 Double Arm Rows with Band
739 Side Leaning One Arm Overhead Extensions on Ball (dumbbell) - 10#DB
***These hurt!
140 Pullovers (barbell) 20# BB
**Oh boy were my triceps feeling this one!
720 Kickbacks Double Arm (dumbbell) - 14# DB's
724 One Arm Band Kickbacks
142 Pullups
**Used tubing
712 Cross Body Kickbacks (dumbbell) - 12# DB's
120 Lat pulldowns with band
740 Side Lying One Arm Pushups
110 Double Arm Row Horizontal -15 # DB's
110 Double Arm Row Horizontal - 12# DB's
110 Double Arm Row Horizontal - 10# DB's
720 Kickbacks Double Arm (dumbbell)- 13# DB's
720 Kickbacks Double Arm (dumbbell) -11 # DB's
720 Kickbacks Double Arm (dumbbell) - 9 # DB's
164 Superman on Floor Arms & Legs Elevate

Good morning Cathe and everryone,

I am on week 2 and did disc 2 again. Doing it the second time around was much easier:p I knew what was coming. Yesterday I set up my workout room to make things easier for STS! No more pausing:D I had everything in reach, which was nice. Now I have a wall (without carpet) for wall squats and I can do those paper plates excerises in my workout room ( had to do them in my kitchen last week:eek:) I couldn't do the paper plates on carpets:rolleyes:.I really lkie the chin ups and pull ups:p

How is your son doing? Hope he is doing better!

Tschuess bis Freitag:D

I am faithfully following the STS rotation and loving it! I am doing abs (which I don't do much normally) and I get terrible cramps and have to stop. I've never had muscle cramps from anything except doing abs. I want to do them as I LOVE the variety in the STS abs disc. Any suggestions?

Annie

Good morning Cathe and everyone :)!

I loved Disk 5 - especially the lat pulldowns. I'd done them in other workouts and was thrilled to see them in this one, too. I also enjoy using the cable and really liked changing the reps on the seesaw pushups :D.

I'm not getting DOMS in the upper body even though I'm hitting failure on the last rep in almost every exercise. Hope that doesn't mean I'm doing something wrong :confused:.

Good morning Cathe and everyone,

I did disc 5 yesterday. I usually have everything readily available but yesterday I was not so organized at all.:confused: I make sure that I am organized tomorrow for disc 6.

I never seen seesaw push-ups before and "wow" do they ever work. They are so cool. You really do look like a seesaw.:D

I do have a pull up bar but could not do one if my life depended on it. I am using the band but would love to see it demonstrated on Cathe TV to make sure that I am doing it right. I wonder how long it will take for me to get enough strength to be able to one. I also tried with the pull up bar by hanging there and trying to lift myself up. :(:mad::(

Today I will be doing the treadmill and ab work. :)

Have a great day everyone!!!:D

Disc 11 completed and I am very happy that I didn't feel like crying as I did on Disc 10. Not to say that the workout was tough - it was in a good way. I am feeling 70% of my 1RM. I decided to set up my bar stools with a body bar to do the chin up versus the tubing - what was I thinking - major difference, but I pulled it off.

Happy STSing

Oh those chinups & pullups!!!

Disc 5 - what a burn!! I felt fantastic when I was done!! I loved the seesaw pushups - felt awesome in my triceps!!

I am working my way up to those chinups and pullups. Right now I have a pullup bar in my doorway that is situated perfectly for me to be able to prop my feet up on the edge of the couch & endtable (sturdy one of course! :p). I use my legs as little as possible to try to build myself up to doing them without assistance, which will take some time!!

I can't wait for disc 6 on Friday!! I have a hard time getting up sometimes, but not on my STS days!! I practically leap out of bed!! (exaggeration, of course!)

Good luck to everyone else!!

Hi Cathe,

I got a little break at the pullovers mark. Had to take a phone call.:eek::D I think that call saved my pecs for 1 arm push-ups. I was able to do them without problems this time around. :cool:However, I had to go to isometric contractions for the last couple reps on my left side. My left is noticeably weaker.

Thanks for giving me DOMS in just about every body part!:eek::eek::eek: It's going on day three of leg doms!:eek::eek::eek: Those deadlifts sure did feel good on the hammies though!!!:cool:

Wendy

Did disc 5 today for the second time, I feel more comfortable with the routine. My upper back is feeling it more than anywhere else. Cathe, When doing the side lying one arm push-up, I have trouble keeping my legs down:) I have to laugh at myself, but I get them done. Any suggestions? Thanks, Kay

Did disc 5 today for the second time, I feel more comfortable with the routine. My upper back is feeling it more than anywhere else. Cathe, When doing the side lying one arm push-up, I have trouble keeping my legs down:) I have to laugh at myself, but I get them done. Any suggestions? Thanks, Kay

Kay,

Not Cathe. Of course.;) I had problems keeping my legs down the first time I did these. Another STSer recommended that I extend my legs. I bent the lower leg and kept my top leg straight for stability. That helped tremendously.

Wendy

disc 5

Hi all,

I'm just passing through doing the 6 month rotation. This week and next week just happen to coincide. I did Disc 5 for the second time yesterday.
I love the STS workouts. I think that the meanest thing about discs 3 and 5 is putting the pull ups at the end. If they are at the beginning of a workout I can usually eek out a few unassisted, but at the end after all of that back work there is no way! I did feel stronger on the chin ups, so something is working right!

Last week that I had to lower my weights on the side lying (ball) tricep extensions. It seems take a lot of stabilizing to do those properly.

Anyway, I'm enjoying the variety. I love the fact that I don't have to think about what weight workout I'm going to do for 5 more months because someone else already planned it for me:)

Tracy

disc 5

Hello Everyone,

I completed disc 5 yesterday as I am doing my STS Sun, Tues, Thurs this week. I actually am repeating this week in order to do it with Cathe and everyone else so I can get the full benefit of the check in and the Cathe TV pointers which I have found very helpful thus far.

From the first time that I did this disc, I actually went up on my kickback and deadlifts weight and readjusted my 1RM. :)

The most difficult part is the pull up/chin ups. I used a band for 2 rounds. For the third round I used my husband's pull up bar which is in the doorframe and rested on foot on a chair to assist me. Someone else mentioned they did the same. Maybe Cathe can give us some suggestions on using this method until I can work up to doing complete pull ups on my own.

I also have the issue with side lying pushup with my legs lifting, and I will try the suggestion of keeping my top leg straight.

I love these workouts:D I love the pace, the energy and hopefully my results.

Again, great workout

Hi Cathe. Loved disk 5 as much as all of the others! I am actually noticing an improvement in my tricep strength already! I can't wait to see what I end up with after the whole program!! This workout was just as tough as the rest, but again, time flew by. Chin ups still the most challenging exercise here for me, but my goal is to do them no problem. Can't say enough times how great STS is. I'm already planning to start over as soon as I finish!

STS - disc 5. And I thought disc 2 was tough - hah! Well, yes, disc 2 was tough, but not nearly as tough as disc 5!! My DOMS are still with me - 2 days later! I think the toughest part of disc 5 (aside from the chin ups/pull ups which are so tough that I don't do them!) is the supersets - the tough weight work going right into the band work - yowza!!!! And those drop sets at the end, they were awesome!!!

No lie - every single time I think I've met the toughest workout ever (disc 4), another comes along (disc 5) to steal the title (this a.m. I did disc 6 and now that has moved into the lead)!

I love STS soooo much. I admit that I do get a bit frustrated because I can't do all the moves and all the reps, but I LOVE having something to grow with. As I said to another Cathelete - STS sure is pointing out my weakness. But I am working at turning them into strengths!!!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.