Mother of Octuplets/Update

outrageous

That is the icing on the cake to this story. Seriously, of course she is on disability. no one who does something as irresponsible as having 7 pregnancies without a father/spouse, would be responsible enough to hold a job to support her children. Responsible, is a word that apparently desribes all the hard-working suckers, like myself, who work hard to support our families, and pay our taxes, and cut back to make ends meet.

Unbelievable.

My original impression is unchanged, I think she has mental issues and is a hoarder of children.

We should all hope that she does get some PR deal and makes some money, otherwise the tax payers will be taking care of her and her children.

She had a desk thrown at her at work which injured her spine and therefore she got a settlement? Disability payments for someone who is injured on the job are legal and doesn't mean that someone is a parasite. I would think that getting a desk thrown at your back could cause serious injury. She was injured in 1999 and the payments were a total of 165,000 until 2008. That is $ 16,500 per year.

Aside she was still listed at the hospital as an employee until the end of 2008 when she resigned.

And she suffered from depression? So do millions of other Americans, welcome to the club!

What's the news story here?

The story is - she had a friggin back injury (don't really care how it happened), was on disability and STILL choose to keep poppin out kids!

And yes this is something I know about - been through the back disability thing myself at which time we ceased to stop having a second child for the four years it took to rehab my back (which is and never will be 100%). Also if it was anything like me - your on drugs that are not conducive to pregnancy - pain killer, muscle relaxers.

And your right on about the depression issue.

Well, you know people can have kids despite of the fact that they are injured or sick. You made your choice to stop trying to have a second child but that was your choice. None of us is the gold standard, just because you or I make a choice does not make another person "bad" just because they make a different choice.

There are people who have cancer and chose to be pregnant. So just because something is a risk doesn't mean it isn't worth it for that person. And quite frankly it is no one's business but that person who decides it is worth to take the risk.

She injured her back, and she got pregnant because she did not want to destroy those frozen embroyos. Now that is a real pro-lifer in my book. So what? That makes her a villain! Please!

Well, you know people can have kids despite of the fact that they are injured or sick. You made your choice to stop trying to have a second child but that was your choice. None of us is the gold standard, just because you or I make a choice does not make another person "bad" just because they make a different choice.

There are people who have cancer and chose to be pregnant. So just because something is a risk doesn't mean it isn't worth it for that person. And quite frankly it is no one's business but that person who decides it is worth to take the risk.

She injured her back, and she got pregnant because she did not want to destroy those frozen embroyos. Now that is a real pro-lifer in my book. So what? That makes her a villain! Please!

Yes, I’m going to say that makes her a villain. She wasn’t thinking pro-life when she made this decision - she is either mentally retarded, or she saw dollar signs. The moment she popped those kids out she got an agent and is looking to sell her story for 2 million and wants companies to give her free things. Sad to say, but I hear Katie Couric took the bait and is doing the story.

It’s “easy” to make babies but it’s the next 18-20 years that’s the challenge. It take a lot of time, effort and money to raise kids let alone 8 or 10 or however many she has spawned.

I work with Children’s Services and I see this crap all the time and I wish to God that you needed an evaluation and licence to have a baby. There is so much child neglect and abuse out there it is just mind boggling. Some people think that aborting a fetus is wrong but bringing a child into this world where it experiences severe neglect – no proper clothing, food, shelter, education, living in filth, bad surroundings, in and out of foster homes – that’s okay because at least they have life. Then these kids hit maturity and the process starts all over again because that’s all they know.

Marta -

Yes, I’m going to say that makes her a villain. She wasn’t thinking pro-life when she made this decision - she is either mentally retarded, or she saw dollar signs. The moment she popped those kids out she got an agent and is looking to sell her story for 2 million and wants companies to give her free things. Sad to say, but I hear Katie Couric took the bait and is doing the story.

It’s “easy” to make babies but it’s the next 18-20 years that’s the challenge. It take a lot of time, effort and money to raise kids let alone 8 or 10 or however many she has spawned.

I work with Children’s Services and I see this crap all the time and I wish to God that you needed an evaluation and licence to have a baby. There is so much child neglect and abuse out there it is just mind boggling. Some people think that aborting a fetus is wrong but bringing a child into this world where it experiences severe neglect – no proper clothing, food, shelter, education, living in filth, bad surroundings, in and out of foster homes – that’s okay because at least they have life. Then these kids hit maturity and the process starts all over again because that’s all they know.

........right on!

How do you know that she wasn't thinking pro-life when she made that decision? Do you know her personally?

I would be reluctant to judge someone that I haven't even met or even heard from out of her own mouth.

She is mentally retarded? Is that the correct term? And you work with child services? Wow!

Last edited:
I hear it from my sister Marta who has been in social services for 40 years.

Love your signature line!!

How do you know that she wasn't thinking pro-life when she made that decision? Do you know her personally?

I would be reluctant to judge someone that I haven't even met or even heard from out of her own mouth.

She is mentally retarded? Is that the correct term? And you work with child services? Wow!

My decision is based on her recent actions by getting an agent, trying to get a specific amount for an interview, and expecting companies to give her free things.

Anything coming out of that hillbilly's mouth will be a joke. Do you seriously believe what she did was ethical and moral? Everyone is in an uproar over what this woman has done. They are trying to find which doctor performed this misguided prosedure, and he's not fessing up because he knows he has done wrong, yet you believe it's all fine.

And yes, retarded - slow, delayed, hinder or impede, diminution.

My decision is based on her recent actions by getting an agent, trying to get a specific amount for an interview, and expecting companies to give her free things.

Oh for chrissakes everyone who is dealing with the public for one reason or another hires a publicist, spokesperson or agent these days. Rightfully so, I might add because you have to combat whatever the media puts out about you. I would say it is safe to say that she probably got contacted by an agent or publicist.

It seem to prefer to judge people by appearances or what the media feeds you. I want to have all the facts and give people a chance to tell their side of the story BEFORE I make a judgement. I don't think it makes me naive or an idiot.

It may be all fine, it may be not. But even if I think things are not good I would never call anyone mentally retarded.

No offense Carola but it seems you would defend the actions of an ax murderer. ;-)

If it is clear that he/she did it, no I wouldn't! But you will judge anyone without even knowing all the facts.

And you don't know me at all!!

Carola,

If I, or anyone I love is unjustly accused of a crime, I would want you in the jury box! Seriously. :)

I don't really know enough abut her story yet to comment. But, those beautiful babes, as they grow and learn and love, may one day change our world for the better. They are here for a reason, just like you or me.

Right or wrong, I'm not in a place to judge.

As soon as I know where to contribute money to help, I'll do that. Someone has to help them.

Janie
its_all_good_.jpg
its_all_good.gif

its_all_good_.gif

Carola,

If I, or anyone I love is unjustly accused of a crime, I would want you in the jury box! Seriously. :)

Ditto that. And Janie too. :)

And there are some people on this thread I would most definitely NOT want in that jury box! :eek:

Just curious--why are some people so pissed about this? You only know what you're hearing in the media, I'm sure there's much more to her story than what's being reported, and as far as I can tell it's not harming you in any way. And don't give me the welfare argument. She could only be on it for 2 years, not to mention welfare would not even come close to paying expenses of all those children.

Personally I don't care if she has 100 kids by a turkey baster. Not my business, not my problem.

Just curious--why are some people so pissed about this?

Personally I don't care if she has 100 kids by a turkey baster. Not my business, not my problem.
I think some people...not all, but some...look at this situation, relate it to their own experiences (raising children, the effort and money required, etc.), and can't believe anyone would do this for any good reason. And by that, I mean this must be the result of either seriously faulty or selfish thinking.

While I won't bash her, I do admit to being horrified by the whole thing. It takes all my mental, physical, and emotional energy to raise 2 children along with my husband, and I'm a mentally sound, extremely dedicated individual.

I agree that we should in general not worry about what isn't initially our business. Then again, we all affect either other one way or another. She and her children will affect all kinds of people, directly or indirectly, so in that way, it's everyone's business. But that's a more cosmic approach to the situation. :)

While I won't bash her, I do admit to being horrified by the whole thing. It takes all my mental, physical, and emotional energy to raise 2 children along with my husband, and I'm a mentally sound, extremely dedicated individual.

I agree that we should in general not worry about what isn't initially our business. Then again, we all affect either other one way or another. She and her children will affect all kinds of people, directly or indirectly, so in that way, it's everyone's business. But that's a more cosmic approach to the situation. :)

I think that is why I am angry by this. having children is wonderful, a blessing, yes. however, it is also work. It is the responsibility of the parents to provide financial and emotional love and support. Parents are children's first teachers. How will this woman provide (emotionally and financially) for these children? I feel sorry for these children, all 14 of them.

Financially, if you cannot afford 14 kids, or 7 kids or 6 kids, whatever, you should not deliberately have them. Be happy with the children you have and provide for them. Don't make it harder for them by having more kids.

Just my opinion.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.