Anyone eating badly????

HA! I'm reading this while I polish off a bunch of white chocolate covered pretzels! Dinner was baked Doritos and Buffalo chicken dip:) In my defense (if there is such a thing) I was out shopping from 2-7:30 with only a banana, a handful of almonds and a Starbucks skinny Cinnamon Dolce Latte to sustain me. Thank goodness we weren't invited to any holiday parties!! I can't imagine what my eating would look like then!

Only 10 more days til the new year:)

AND, how's this for pre-planning! DH and I have already planned our cholesterol-filled, high fat, might as well smear it on my butt, breakfast for Christmas day! We are having the following:

poached eggs (ok, so far so good)
canadian bacon (starting to go down hill here)
muffin (are you getting the idea here? eggs benny! with a twist)
hash browned potatoes (not bad, until you consider all the butter we fry it in)
and last, but definately not least, CHEESE SAUCE!!!

OMG, it is absolutely to DIE for and I think I take off 5 days for every serving we ingest!

So, not only am I not planning on changing my eating habits in the next few days, I'm already planning MORE bad eating!

TOTALLY.

How many baklava can one consume before it's considered "bad"? I think that whatever the number is, I've probably surpassed it already.

Sadly, I'm very aware of what the wagon is :p...I just choose not to get on it at the moment :D I'm glad I'm not alone though!!!

Me too!

While I figured I'd eat badly this week, we got snowed in last week (and are still snowed in kinda) and I started my holiday eating last week. . . it has been extremely enjoyable but I feel a little sluggish -- it hasn't stopped me though ;)

We are hosting Christmas Eve with my husband's family at our home so I've been baking cookies, chocolate covered cheesecake bites, cinnamon rolls and so much more and I of course have to test EVERYTHING!

I love this time of year for all the goodies. I just try to enjoy the ride before I hop back onto my wagon -- :eek:

I shoveled snow for an hour tonight so I could feel justified in another treat! :p

I'm actually shocking myself with how well I'm behaving. It's the holidays so perfection ain't happening but I could be so much worse. Things that have really helped are often tanking up on vegetables before eating other things (especially at pot lucks), continuing to work out, and indulging just enough to not feel cheated. A few years ago I was a food saint all through the holidays. Then I got really mad later, because I felt like I'd missed out on all the great stuff. I pretty much turned into a hog for about 5 months afterwards to make up for my prior deprivation. Lesson learned.

You know what they say ...

If you eat standing up all calories will go to your feet and will get walked off.

If you eat something and no one else sees you eat it, it has no calories.

If you fatten up everyone else around you, then you look thinner.

Food eaten at Christmas parties has no calories, courtesy of Santa Clause.

I've been pretty good, overall, the past week or two. BUT. Those darn cookies I keep making. Man-o-man. They keep calling to me from the deep freeze. It's like Golum from Lord of the Rings talking directly to ME... you know what I'm talking about.

"Kaaaarrrrrraaaaa, preccciiioooooouuuuuussssssssssssssss ....... come eat meeeeeeeee!!!!"

Am I the only one hearing this?! ;)

I'm expecting to see this next time I get on the scale:
th_scale.gif

AND, how's this for pre-planning! DH and I have already planned our cholesterol-filled, high fat, might as well smear it on my butt, breakfast for Christmas day! We are having the following:

poached eggs (ok, so far so good)
canadian bacon (starting to go down hill here)
muffin (are you getting the idea here? eggs benny! with a twist)
hash browned potatoes (not bad, until you consider all the butter we fry it in)
and last, but definately not least, CHEESE SAUCE!!!

OMG, it is absolutely to DIE for and I think I take off 5 days for every serving we ingest!

So, not only am I not planning on changing my eating habits in the next few days, I'm already planning MORE bad eating!

On my way Dani!!!!!!

I am just laughing too hard to say anything!!!
The scale picture made me spit out my coffee!
I'm so glad I'm not alone
ellie

Add another person to the "atrocious eating" group...

With all of the Christmas parties, events, and baking.. my diet has been terrible too!

I love it all and don't hold back... its all too good and for me its just part of the holiday tradition!

Let me know when the wagon is ready to leave the station, I think I'll need to get on it next week! :)

Lynn M.

Well, I'll be at my mother's house for the holiday and the only thing that's clean there is me when I get out of the shower. I'll come back home and feel like crap. I know it. You should see me though. When I'm there, it's like, I better eat this now because I won't get it when I go back home. Every year I say I'm not going to do it, but everything it sitting out, looking at me and I don't resist. I really am going to try to resist this year. Oh, and for the person who ate a sleeve of Ritz -- they're much better with peanut butter in the middle and dipped in chocolate. I just made them the other night.

I just came back Sunday from a week on a cruise ship! I didn't even know it was possible to gain 8 lbs on a 11 day holiday. Now I'm back in time to join in with the holiday eating.:eek::eek:

Smoothies

My day after (week, month, whatevah) crappy eating solution that works wonders for me at least.

Morning - cup of hot water with lemon.(before workout)

Smoothies all morning and early afternoon - any combo of fruit (fresh is best but in MI that's near impossible this time of year so I use thawed frozen) and greens (spinach, kale, endive), some agave nector or one stevia packet, half avacado or some omega three oil (a good squirt), flax seeds if ya got em (tsp), 1/2 cup water and one cup of ice. Blend in any blender or smoothies maker.

Mid afternoon - veggies and almonds or almond butter.

Dinner - Fish with steamed veggies OR a big healthy salad with almonds or more avacado or both.

Dessert - 1/3 Dogoba or Blacks & Currents Dark Chocolate.

Drink water all day.

Just thought I would pass it along. Just finished my blueberry/strawberry smoothie post workout.

BTW

the fata$$ scale was hilarious!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Does half the container of the Christmas cookies my stepmother sent me count? ;)(homemade, oatmeal and nut balls, not rolled in powdered sugar as they usually are...I'm trying to make them sound not quite as bad! LOL!)

Nope, I'm OK

I don't mean like "oops, I just had 1 peice of chocolate" bad; I mean "do I even know what a fruit or vegetable is" bad? What'e even worse is, while I sit here eating half of a peanut butter and jelly sandwich, I realized I'm not even hungry!!

....'cause I can't live with weight gain - it throws me into a depression, a tizzy & all that jazz. Besides that, I have no clothes to grow into if I gain weight, & I refuse to buy anything bigger. It just ain't worth it. I have no Xmas junk at home, and have only one party to go to.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.