Chalean Extreme Initial Impressions

:D :D :D

I just got out of my chair, tried shaking my hips and doing over head presses. Never again. It will have to be one or the other.

Well maybe you need to do more of Chalene's famous "House it" move!
I'm sorry, I'm probably freaky for my age, but that move makes me laugh! I love it! I do look around the room to see if anyone is peeking in on me. :eek: Some of the outtakes for TJ are hilarious.

(sorry not sure how to properly quote someone??)
To quote a post or part of a post, just hit the 'quote' button on the lower right side of a post.

If you want to quote just part of a post (preferable, IMO, for long posts), cut any unwanted stuff from between the "quote" codes in brackets, making sure not to remove the brackets or the codes within them (this is how I quoted you here!).

HTH!

Music?

Can you tell me about the music????? I have been doing TurboKick (not TurboJam) for over 8 years and love Chalene and her choice of music. Is the music similar to TurboKick?

Can you tell me about the music????? I have been doing TurboKick (not TurboJam) for over 8 years and love Chalene and her choice of music. Is the music similar to TurboKick?
No, but the music fits the type of workout perfectly, IMO. There is no strong beat, it's not dance music (you aren't supposed to lift to the beat, but to your own pace), it's more like P90X music. Some jazz, some rock, some other stuff. (And IMO, this is the type of music for heavy-lifting because it doesn't lock you into a beat).

Frankly, I can't even remember much about it after previewing 3 workouts, but that's also good, IMO, because it won't cause "earworms";).

The music for the Burn Intervals is a little closer to TJ. I love TJ music too!

Kathryn, this is the workout that has the cuckoo clock noise. It's to a hip hop song and it's for only one drill. It fits.:)

Mine should be here on monday - so I am looking forward to starting it and getting some time with it before I tackle STS.

Thanks for all the info - and now I know the first thing I will do is check all the DVD's for the scratches.... :)

Well maybe you need to do more of Chalene's famous "House it" move!
I'm sorry, I'm probably freaky for my age, but that move makes me laugh! I love it! I do look around the room to see if anyone is peeking in on me. :eek: Some of the outtakes for TJ are hilarious.

I think I know what you mean. I havent done any hip swinging cardio in a long long time, never thought I would again, and here I am again, hip swinging and shimmying with Tracey's Hi Lo Med Ball. It does put a smile on my face too.

Mine is sloooooooooooooooooowly making its way here. I should have it Monday or Tuesday. Heaven knows where they'll leave it, since we're piled high with snow!

There are so many fantastic workout DVD's coming out all at once. I've bought STS, Newport, but man I just can't afford this one YET! Perhaps for my birthday in April, we'll see. I would love to buy now, but will have to wait.:( Shoot!

Janie

To quote a post or part of a post, just hit the 'quote' button on the lower right side of a post.

If you want to quote just part of a post (preferable, IMO, for long posts), cut any unwanted stuff from between the "quote" codes in brackets, making sure not to remove the brackets or the codes within them (this is how I quoted you here!).

HTH!

Ah! Thank you! That seems so obvious now but somehow managed to overlook it - LOL

Someone posted this on the VF so I thought I would share them here. They are the recipes Chalene's family prepares in the kitchen dvd.

Waldorf salad spin-off
1 cup green apples
½ cup cried cranberries
½ cup crushed almonds
1 cup fat free yogurt
Dash of lemon juice

Sweet treat
1 cup (ready made container) sugar free chocolate pudding
1 cup (ready made container) sugar free strawberry jello
2 tablespoons of cool-whip
½ cup fresh strawberries (cut up)

Turkey chili
1 pound ground turkey
1 package Lawry’s chili seasoning
8 ounces canned black beans
8 ounces canned whole kernel corn
8 ounces canned chili or pinto beans
½ cup diced tomatoes (canned)
1 tablespoon tomato paste
½ diced onion
2 garlic cloves

Maybe I am completely dense, but CLX's website says 15 workouts on 6 DVDs on the page where you order the basic package. Seems like the basic only has 14 workouts on 6 DVDs, and then 17 on 7 DVDs if you get the deluxe.

Am I missing something about the 15th workout with the basic package?

Hi ladies, first i wanted to let you know my dvds have no scratches so i think its best to call beach body and let them know whats going on. Second, i did my first extreme workout today. I did burn circuit 1. Now when i first previewed it i thought that it was going to be easy. Boy was I wrong! Since its only one set of each exercise I chose the HEAVIEST weight i could being able to reach 10-12reps with great form. It kicked my a**. My breathing was up and i felt like it was really effective and at the same time didn't run my body into the ground since the length of workouts was short and to the point. afterwards i did 20 minutes of HITT to finish my workout off. I think that this is going to be great for me and i recommend anyone who is on the fence to go for it!

Hi ladies, first i wanted to let you know my dvds have no scratches so i think its best to call beach body and let them know whats going on. Second, i did my first extreme workout today. I did burn circuit 1. Now when i first previewed it i thought that it was going to be easy. Boy was I wrong! Since its only one set of each exercise I chose the HEAVIEST weight i could being able to reach 10-12reps with great form. It kicked my a**. My breathing was up and i felt like it was really effective and at the same time didn't run my body into the ground since the length of workouts was short and to the point. afterwards i did 20 minutes of HITT to finish my workout off. I think that this is going to be great for me and i recommend anyone who is on the fence to go for it!

My post exactly. But instead of following it with HIIT, I did 40 min of Rhythmic Step.

I think I'm really going to like this series. What I find particularly appealing is that she gives you the option of doing it with bands, which is great if you travel a lot and don't want to mess up your rotation. I also think the materials that come w/ the workouts are top notch. There's great recipes in the fat burning diet book, and a comprehensive guidebook that details everything you'll need to know to make the most of your CLX rotation--including all the exercises. This way you can prepare yourself for what's ahead.

Now when i first previewed it i thought that it was going to be easy. Boy was I wrong! Since its only one set of each exercise I chose the HEAVIEST weight i could being able to reach 10-12reps with great form. It kicked my a**. My breathing was up and i felt like it was really effective and at the same time didn't run my body into the ground since the length of workouts was short and to the point. afterwards i did 20 minutes of HITT to finish my workout off. I think that this is going to be great for me and i recommend anyone who is on the fence to go for it!

I've found with workout dvd's looks are deceiving. I've previewed workouts that look intense to watch, but were not.

That is how I feel after each circuit. I was drench after 30 minutes.
I like how the arm rotation is planned. It allows for heavy lifting. Especially my weakest muscle- the shoulders. First day is rear delts, last day is front. This gives me enough time in between to recover. I can lift heaviest because I've had enough recovery time.

Cynthia, I also made generic calendars of the 4 phases at the VF, the files were too big and I couldn't figure out how to attach on this website so if anyone wants them they can PM or email me @ [email protected]

Debbie

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.