Nice to meet you!

jodijodi

Cathlete
Hello everyone!

With all of the talk lately about newbies/oldies, etc. it seems like a nice time to introduce (or re-introduce) ourselves. (Thanks for the idea Robin!) I know I like talking about myself and hearing about the other nice people here in Cathe-land. I'm hoping to learn more about some of the newer people, and maybe find out more about people that I already know (or feel like I know.)

So, I will start: I'm Jodi (duh), a stay at home mom with 3 kids. I am 40 years old, and I have been working out with Cathe for about 3.5 years. I live in the Atlanta area. My favorite workout is Step, although I have plantar fasciitis, so I have to be careful to vary my workouts to avoid more injuries. My favorite color is blue, and my current favorite song is "Rockin' the Suburbs" by Ben Folds.:p

Please introduce yourself!! Thanks!

LOL at Jodi's comment about enjoying talking about herself. I share the same addiction. I find myself riviting!

I'm a 53 year old microbiologist. I have 2 kids. My son, 24, has Prader Willi syndrome (www.PWSAUAS.org) and lives in a group home about an hour away from us. My DD is 21, is a college student and lives at home with her baby. My DGS is two and has severe disablilites, probably due to a viral infection in utero. I've been married to a great guy for 31 years. I've been stepping for what feels like forever, but is probably closer to about 10 years. I love to read, chat with Cathe-friends, sample wine and enjoy to great out of doors.

What a good idea Jodi!

I'm 42 and work at home as a freelance editor. I've been married for 9 years and have a 7 yr old daughter. I've been working out with Cathe since November 06 and usually work out during the day while everyone's out of the house.

I live in Oxford, UK and like reading, films and going out for walks.

Pleased to meet you all!

Great idea, Jodi!

My name is Shelley, I am not white and fluffy and generally speaking, I don't wear fruit on my head. ;)

I'm 44 y/o, have a 10 y/o daughter. I live in Hamilton, Ontario with my SO, my DD and two big noisy dogs. I've been working out with Cathe for 10 years now. My fave band is Tool, my current fave song is Sleeping Sickness by City and Colour. I like romantic movies and long walks on the beach... :p

hello! im kate, a 29-yo sahm to 3 girls, ages 6, 4, and 3 weeks!
im anxious to get back to working out!!!.....anxiously awaiting sts! dh and i did core last night...sure enough, ive been pregnant! i had NO ab strength, but i know its in there!:D i can usually whoop him but alas, he smoked me!:mad::eek:
i got to go on rt this year, met a bunch of awesome cathletes and had a great time....despite a wicked time flying home!

have a great day!

Cool Idea!

Hello, I am Clarissa and I am 29 married to my high school sweetheart, with two children, Troy 7 and Lara Rose 4, and am pregnant with a boy(!!), due in mid-March. I am a sahm but work out of my home as a personal trainer. My Favorite workouts are total body circuits usually, but anything goes as long as there are abs incorporated! Nice to be back again now that I have my life back on track.

Yo. I'm Lainie. The fig thing is because Fig is my dad's nickname for me (yeah, he's weird). I am a stay-at-home mom with 2 little boys (Isaac, 6 and Ewan, 3) and a Boston Terrier puppy named Sgt Pepper.

I love step workouts but I have wonky knees so I only use a step with no risers. My favorite step workouts are Rhythmic Step, the 4DS workouts, and Amy Bento's ASCII. For weights I like a 3-Day split but I mix it up. I'm also on the kettlebell bandwagon and like to sling those around every once in a while.

I consider myself fit but fat (working on that) as I have a good 25 lbs I need to lose.

I also love reading, writing, playing with the kids and the dog, and generally fiddling with websites/blogs.

Shout out!

Hi everyone,

I live in Germany with my active duty husband. We've lived here for seven years. I work full-time for a program that helps to prevent domestic violence and child abuse for the US Army. I'm a personal trainer on the side and know that that is my calling. When my DH retires next year and we return to Chicago, I'll pursue that industry. We only have fur kids right now, but one is on the way. :D

Hi!

I'm Judi, goes by JJ, am 47, married 26 years with a DS (20), DD (17), and 3yr old Avon Terrier. I live in Minnesota, not working right now but likes to vounteer. Found Cathe in 1999 and was hooked. Also a big cardio coach fan and just getting into kettlebells. Loves animals & birds, reading, music, and hanging out with friends & family.

JJ :)

Nice idea Jodi!

I'm 53 and have 2 children -- my DH and my kitty :p . I'm an RN but suffered from severe burnout so I gave up my career a few years ago. I've been able to maintain my skills by caring for elderly and declining family. :(

I started working out with Cathe about 3 years ago and I LOVE her weight training workouts the most!!! Her cardio routines would kill me so I stick with my elliptical trainer and Cardio Coach. :p

My hobbies include cooking and reading, and I have a passion for 18th century English and American antiques (I can't afford many but I sure like to look). I could spend an eternity perusing antique malls and shows. :D

ETA DH and I will celebrate our 24th wedding anniversary next week!

Last edited:
Good idea Jodi! :)

I guess I'll join in - I'm 29, married with three wiener dogs, 3 guinea pigs, and a conglomeration (spelling???) of reptiles. I work full-time as an Executive Assistant and DH works full time in Customer Service. No children yet and in no hurry either. ;)

Exercise related, I've always been active - volleyball, cheerleading, soccer, Figure Skating. I started putting on a little extra weight though following college when I entered the corporate "sit at your desk all day" world. I discovered Cathe when I bought the little "Barbie" step at Wal-Mart. Since then, I have pretty much financed Cathe's car and paid for many of her boys' summer camps. :)

I,m 35 years old and am a Law Clerk during the day and Mom/Wife the rest of the time. I have a wonderful husband and two daughters, one of which is university. I joined the Cathe Forums back in 2006 and have become addicted. I really enjoy this place. I am currently focusing of the 4DS Series, anxiously waiting for STS. My favourite sport is swimming.

This was a good idea, I enjoy reading all the introductions!!:D

Hi All!

I turned 40 this year (same bday as Cathe actually :p) and have 2 boys 15 and 14 and 2 dogs and 2 cats. I have been divorced for 8 years now. Still Single... ugh... :)

I work from home doing installation, training and tech support for a software program for distribution companies. I do travel every few months so that breaks up the working from home.

I discovered Cathe in 2000 and have never looked back. I consider myself a fit fat person as well - as I really need to loose 30 lbs and have been struggling with that. Being 5'11" helps hide it a bit more - but still.... :) I usually workout on my "lunch hour" - a great benefit of working from home for sure.

I love Catheland and all the wonderful people in it and visit here daily.

Last edited:
Hey there!

I'm a 35 year old SAHM to three beautiful girls-Danica(9), Milla(6), and Nevena(2). My DH and I will celebrate our 11th anniversary in 2 weeks. We live in southeast Michigan. I have a BA in French and English and a post BA in Secondary Ed, but am not currently working-outside the home that is;) I love to read, spend time with my family...this is starting to sound like the intro for The Dating Game!

I love Cathe. I've been doing her workouts since 2003. She has gotten me in the best shape of my life! I can't wait for STS. Oh, and I'm addicted to this forum:)

If you like Pina Coladas......

Hi, my name is Ellie. I am 44 years old and have 2 boys age 4 and 7. I am a nurse but stay home with my boys. My hubby owns a pharmaceutical company so he travels about 80% of the time. That makes me a SAHM and SAHD. Busy, busy busy!!!

My boys have ocular albinism (albino eyes) and they are legally blind. They CAN see, just with very large glasses and additional help. My 4 yr old has a heart condition also. Have done cpr on him more times than I would like to admit.

I live in NJ, near Cathe's gym. I meet up with a few other locals for a class here and there. Yes, I am very lucky.

I love reading, exercise, playing with my boys and LAUGHING. I tend to handle stress with jokes and laughs. So with all the stress around home I laugh a lot.

I've met a lot of great people on here and enjoy reading the forum daily!!
I've learned a lot about different exercises and routines etc. I am not fat, but not fit either. But, I'm trying!!!
Nice to meet everyone
ellie

Last edited:
Hi, I'm Kara. I'm 28 years old. I've been married for 7 years. Two little ones call me Mom: my DD (4 years old) and my DS (16 months).

My first Cathe DVD purchase was LowMax back in 2005 and I've been addicted to her ever since. I primarily do Cathe workouts, but also throw in a couple runs each week.

I have a degree in Mass Communication, but currently am a SAHM to my two kids. I work PT, 3 evenings a week, as a Communication Assistant. It's an easy job and brings in some extra money for my family and helps me not feel guilty when I purchase more Cathe DVD's! ;) :p

In my "not-so-spare" time I enjoy scrapbooking, reading, organizing my house (yes, I'm somewhat OCD!), baking and shopping. I also love e.e. cummings poetry. I'm addicted to Italian sodas. I have grey eyes. I like the batter off the spoon after I'm done making cookies. I refuse to sit through a stupid movie or finish a stupid book. I'm Catholic. One of my favorite movies is "Love Actually," with Kiera Knightly. I've been to the Sundance Film Festival. I can't sit still. I never watch TV. I love a good deal. I'm not very flexible. I never drink pop. But can't say the same for eating chocolate. I'm looking forward to seeing the new James Bond movie that comes out this Friday.

Oh. And did I mention, I, too, like to talk about myself?! ;) hahaha ...

Hi all. I'm Lorrie, 45 years old, lawyer on leave to raise my monsters. We have 2 girls - Kyra 10 and Samara 7, and 1 boy, Michael 5. This is my last year of SAHM-ness as DS will start school next year. My quandry is do I return to the practice of law, run for political office, or become a personal trainer? We have 1 dog, and DH and I dated for 13 years before we got hitched.

Discovered Cathe in 2004. Favorite workouts are circuit. Just started working with a PT because I am also a fit fat person - need to drop 30 pounds.

Love these boards and all of the terrific people we have here. I've been on a few Cathe RTs, and count my T-12 buds (HI ALL!;)) among the best friends anyone could have. 7 of us came together at table 12 a few years ago and have been inseparable (at least electronically) ever since. Great idea Jodi and Robin! Thanks for doing this.

Hi all. I'm Lorrie, 45 years old, lawyer on leave to raise my monsters. We have 2 girls - Kyra 10 and Samara 7, and 1 boy, Michael 5. This is my last year of SAHM-ness as DS will start school next year. My quandry is do I return to the practice of law, run for political office, or become a personal trainer? We have 1 dog, and DH and I dated for 13 years before we got hitched.

Discovered Cathe in 2004. Favorite workouts are circuit. Just started working with a PT because I am also a fit fat person - need to drop 30 pounds.

Love these boards and all of the terrific people we have here. I've been on a few Cathe RTs, and count my T-12 buds (HI ALL!;)) among the best friends anyone could have. 7 of us came together at table 12 a few years ago and have been inseparable (at least electronically) ever since. Great idea Jodi and Robin! Thanks for doing this.

Lorrie! We have been over this in the past! You DO NOT need to lose weight - let alone 30 freakin pounds! Your doctor was Craaaaazy.

PS - I vote you look into training, at least on the side!

Clarissa

Hi. I'm Kim and I'm 36. I live in the Florida panhandle and am a licensed mental health therapist. I've worked between 2 residential juvenile justice facilities for the past 9 years, where I supervise all of the therapists. Having said that, I'm a major hypochondriac and any of you who have read my posts know they usually contain medical stuff :eek: Guess I can't "cure" myself :p

I don't have any kids but do have 2 "weiner" dogs, Mindy and Jax. Jax was my last avatar and now it's Mindy. She had back surgery last April and that was very stressful. I know there are tons of animal lovers here so you know what I'm talking about. My hobbies include working out, watching college football, and shopping when funds allow.

I've been working out since I was about 19 but didn't find Cathe until about 2 years ago...and I'm SOOOOO glad I did!! I can't wait for STS!!!!

Happy to "meet" everyone!

This is fun!

My name is Melissa. I am married to my best friend and the mother of three furry babies. I have been working out with Cathe since FOREVER! :) I am a proud veteran and supporter of the military too.

That's all...well really not all but it is Monday and that is all I can think of right now. :)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.