We're filming!

I love the idea of a longer BootCamp-like segment. My ideal workout would be a combination of BootCamp, IMAXs and MIC (floor and step). I agree w/Aquajock, strong athletic moves like plyos, jacks, etc and mix in a little weights... perfect.

Personally, I feel I get enough kickboxing segments from my existing Cathe library.

Finally, I have so much equipment right now taking over my bedroom, if I get anything else I think my husband will pop my stability ball.

Thanks for asking for input, Cathe. Hope we can help.

Brenda:)

Hi Cathe!
I'm delighted to hear that your filming another Bootcamp style workout. I just love this circuit style format where you alternate cardio, lower body, upper body, and abwork; it suits me perfectly. I'm in the camp which favors minimizing extra equipement for this workout. While I love the stablity ball I don't favor seeing it in this workout because you're already using the high step, and to shifting between too many props would likely disrupt the flow of the workout. I'd love seeing the medicine ball again, for abwork and to intensify the cardio sections. For cardio, I favor your athletic cardio over complex, dancy cardio (which probably wouldn't be as suitable with the high step, anyway) and definitely lots of KICKBOXING! Perhaps some short punch-kick combinations and step kickboxing (love the lunge down/punch and hook combo move in step, jump, and pump!) during the 2 min cardio. I'd also love to see some tough decline pushups off of the high step. Thanks for asking for our input. You're the best!
Janet

I am very excited with the 3rd DVD... I'm definitely buying this one. If you make an awesome pre-sale value for all 3 DVDs, I might even buy the beginner/intermediate DVDs... I doubt I use them, but I wouldn't mind having a complete collection!

I know I'm late, and I have not read all the other suggestions -- so this might be redundant. My thought on the 3rd DVD is a continuation of the 1st 2 for your new fan base... i.e. in the intro section of the 1st 2 DVDs you could say something -- "as your cardiovascular increase, you might find this workout is no longer a challenge to you. I would suggest adding intensity to the next level with my new advanced workout ???. And here's a quick review...". Thinking along those lines, here are my suggestions:

-- I think the idea of minimal equipment is great. Sometimes I just don't want to lug all my equipment out. For your beginner fans, this will tempt them to buy the workout since it does not cost more to buy additional equipments. I would also suggest keeping the barbell at one weight for those who do not have barbells -- they can subsitute one set of dumbell.

-- I love the core only workout -- hopefully you will have this chaptered in 10-15 min segments. I don't know if I can take your core workout for 30 mins. Also I like pilates or yoga inspired move... I think they work the core hard (and that's the big buzz nowadays -- pilates/yoga). Stability ball is great (another big buzz), but modifications should be shown for your new fan base without a stability ball.

-- Additional 30 mins: Since the main workout already contains aerobic cardio & blasts, it would be great to have an interval premix. Therefore, a 30 min interval workout would be great (using the High Step and hi-lo/kickbox -- no additional equipment) . You could tape only one recovery phase sequence (i.e. IMAX 1 where the recovery phase is the same throughout). I don't know how well combining this recovery phase to form a complete workout -- they might be choppy and the music will not be continuous (may be adding a separate music track for the premixes?). With this 90 min workout, you could have a simple "Cardio & Weight" (no blast) premix where you use the 30 min aerobic combined with the weight work in the main workout. Of course another obvious premix is the weight only option (1,2,3 sets?). Another option is to have cardio followed by upper body; and cardio then lower body.

I'm looking forward to the new workout!

Hi Cathe!!
I'm thrilled with the thought of another Boot Camp style workout!! Question- will there be upper body in this? Will it be in with the cardio & lower body? Or like Bodymax at the end? I'm hoping you're meaning 2min cardio, 2min lowerbody, 2min upper body, and 2 min core. All core at the end works also though;) .
For the additional 30min at the end, what about a quick kickboxing segment. Maybe an all drill interval similar to Cardio Kicks at the end?
Ok, that's my suggestion:7 !

Thanks for everything!!!
Amyfit

>Hi Cathe!!
>I'm thrilled with the thought of another Boot Camp style
>workout!! Question- will there be upper body in this? Will it
>be in with the cardio & lower body? Or like Bodymax at the
>end? I'm hoping you're meaning 2min cardio, 2min lowerbody,
>2min upper body, and 2 min core. All core at the end works
>also though;) .
>For the additional 30min at the end, what about a quick
>kickboxing segment. Maybe an all drill interval similar to
>Cardio Kicks at the end?
>Ok, that's my suggestion:7 !
>
>Thanks for everything!!!
>Amyfit

Just wanted to say HI Amy!! I haven't "seen" you post around here for a while!! Nice to see you! I was in a workout challenge with you last year on fitnessvideofanatics!! Take care!!

Keep it hard-athletic!

PLEASE!!--no hi-lo!! I find that sooo boring....Keep it hard athletic, I like the suggestions of Imax-style, and the use of athletic drills. There are very few quality instructors making quality workouts with an advanced, athletic approach, and there's lots of dancey/hi-lo videos out there. Dancey/hi-lo is boring, doesn't get/keep the heart rate up (without a lot of pounding). If I want simple dancey/hi-lo low-heart rate fare I'll buy another instructor's tapes.

Another suggestion for the half hour is quality professional use of the stability ball, going beyond the standard familiar exercises. Functional moves that work the core. On that note, I don't want traditional ab work--I've got plenty of that from your most of your videos, and I usu do far more functional moves when you're doing repeated variations on the standard crunch, which only works a very limited range of the abs--functional core work gets so much deeper, fuller. PLEASE do not keep repeating what you've already done, and what many other videos are doing. Be more original, ADD to your body of work, round it out. I like the core work you've been doing the last couple of series--you've been working a far greater range of the abdominal muscles, and that's a very good, and functional, thing. If you were to do a stability ball focus on serious strengthening of the core, you could incorporate yoga poses that really get in there, and hold them for a long time--planks are always great, but there are many more that work the core intensely. Then a good long yoga stretch.

PLEASE, Cathe, keep in mind there are very few high-quality advanced athletic instructors out there, and there's a plethora of dancey/hi-lo lightweight videos out there. Those of us who want professional, athletic, challenging workouts have few options! I turn to you and Myndy hungry for a real athletic challenge!

Also, sometimes I like to string several of your stretches together at the end of a workout (I have a 5-disk DVD player), and you do a lot of the same stretches in each workout--could you vary the cooldown stretch of each workout so that we'd get a varitey of stretches thruout each workout?

And, please ensure the camera has legs in the picture and that in the editing process we can see all the body--there's a few times in KPC where you're changing the legs and all I can see is what the arms are doing. I'm not a kickboxer, so I don't know from your verbal instruction what you're doing. I have to wait til the legs are eventually shown to be able to follow.

And, can you let us know what the beginner workouts will be like--I won't purchase them unless I know for sure I could make it challenging for me. I hate to pass up any of your workouts, but if it won't challenge me there's no need to have it.

I enjoyed most of the music in IS moreso than in BB. I second the suggestion of someone who said no breakup/woman-down songs--let's have positive, upbeat music/lyrics that empowers us.

Woohoo! There are times when a less intense Cathe workout would be just the thing, so I'm glad to see the news. I envision using these to get started again after having stopped exercising for a few months Life happens and I sometimes need a kick in the butt to get started again.

Minimal equipment sounds fine to me, though I agree with others that the option to use a medicine ball would be fun.

For the 30 minute bonus, some cardio kick boxing and some extra upper body work would be great. I hope that you'll include upper body work in the circuit, too, just because I have trouble building muscle and can use the extra work.

Also, please let us purchase these dvds alone. I already have a high step.

Thanks for asking us!

Eileen

:D Hi Cathe! Great news! I think it is a good idea to make beginner DVD's to reach a broader audience ( even though I don't think I will purchase it, unless as someone else suggested one of your crew can do an advanced version). It looks like the advanced video will contain cardio, legs and core, so how about good ole upper body strength training? I have another question, are these new workouts only going to be in DVD format? Thank you!

Hi Cathe,

I am new to your videos and are loving them!!. I would really like to see 10 min of core work and a really nice 20 min athletic stretch. There are enough yoga tapes out there and not a lot of athletic stretching.

Aila

I'm so happy to hear you're making 2 beginner DVD's!! Now I might be able to recruit more compatriot Cathe exercisers!

Like Kathy S, Kristin, Trev's mom, and Debbie H said, it would be nice to see higher intensity modifications by someone in the crew, at least in parts of the beginner workouts.

I vote for fewer pieces of equipment, because we already have some multi-equipment DVD's. If they require lots of equipment I'll be fine, in fact I'd love to see more med ball work, for myself, but for others, it would be easier to jump in and work out with a minimum of equipment. Quick start and quick transition.

I have just gotten over being sick- actually a tummy sickness and right now I would love to have a few lower intensity Cathe workouts to choose from!

I assume we'll be able to order all these with or without the equipment. If so, I will be purchasing them both, and the advanced one too of course.

For the extra thirty minutes, there are a lot of great suggestions already. I was most intrigued to read about those Jan Henderschott (sp?) cardio blasts and light leg work- they really sounded fun and effective.

Right now I'd rather stretch than anything. I don't know about you guys, but I prefer stretches that don't have you upside down because the blood rushing to my face and head I find uncomfortable. I know I can modify but sometimes when I'm tired, I forget that! I really like those seated hamstring and lat stretches. I would love to see an extended stretch segment that would not take much longer than the usual length of stretching. Just one-and-a-half to 2 times the length...

I am one whose legs respond very well to floor work, the kind similar to The Firm Volume 1 where Susan Harris has you on all fours, glute lifts with leg straight and with leg turned out, etc.- my legs really respond well to that. It's low impact, not very likely to injure, maybe with slightly fewer reps it is still killer. Anyone familiar with it may back me up on that.

Imagine a killer 20 min floor section (doesn't have to be all legs!) then a thorough stretch! Perfect for my body type anyway.

Whatever you choose, Cathe, I know I will enjoy! Keep up the good work! You have enriched my life immeasurably!

-Connie

I would like to see the bonus section use the high step. Upper body would be my top pick if it isn't included in the Boot Camp workout. Otherwise my preferences in order are:

(1) Additional leg workout using tall step.
(2) Abs/Core work using tall step.
(3) Intervals using tall step.

THANK YOU!!!

Windy

Since October of 2003 and buying my first Cathe workout dvd (now I own BodyBlast, IS and CTX!), I have invested in The original step, high step, troy light bar and exercise mat (I already had dumbells in varying weights and a stability ball). Personally, I would like to be able to USE all this equipment! :)

The workouts you posted sound great Cathe! For the 30 minutes you have to fill, I would love to see a soothing stretching/yoga style routine and/or a "timesaver" kickbox workout that does not use the step.

Thanks!

I vote for any type of cardio blast challenge (~10 min.) at the end of the circuit equivalent to the intensity blasts in IMAX 2-minus the step.

For any upper body work, I suggest a circuit of UB exercises that use the high step.For example,triceps dips,inclined push ups off the step,etc. I vote to keep the equipment at 2 sets of hand weights for any UB work.

GOOD Luck in coming up with a fresh workout that keeps your advanced customers happy!!!

This is so exciting. I would love to see on the beginner DVDs a section to teach how to do some of the Step moves - breaking down the moves to make them easier to learn (similar to the Wedding step tape but broken down even more than that) I think this would be good for the general strength training exercises as well as good form is the key. You and your team are such a wonderful inspiration. I too hope we can purchase the Beginer/intermediate DVDs seperately from the equiptment as I already have a high step and a long step but would pre-order these DVDs in a heartbeat.

I agree with the poster who requested no more "breakup" sad songs....I have a hard time with those in the BB series. And "You Are Not Alone"? Eew! Bring on more stuff like "I Wanna Rock"!!;-)

This sounds great Cathe! Now I know what I can get my mom for her birthday this year!!! And I look forward to having a variety of intensities from you too!

I'm sure I'll love whatever you do with the 30 minutes, but my vote would be for either a timesaver kickbox or additional cardio with the high step -- or a combo of step cardio and kickbox cardio both using the high step (loved those kickbox combos in Power Circuit!) And I'd love to be able to have a pre-mix or blending possibilities to make a longer cardio with the Bootcamp cardio included. Also, I really love that Kung Fu Fighting step segment from SJP -- so something along those lines with the high step would be super fun! (I wouldn't even care if you re-used the song -- huuuuuuuugh! -- or however you spell that sound :) )

Also, Cathe, if you're doing pre-mixes on this one, it would be great to have a pre-mix of cardio/leg presses like that kickbox/leg press pre-mix in KPJ -- what a heart-rate riser!

You can use various pieces of equipment but show one of your crew members doing the alternative move just in case no one has the equipement.

30 minutes could have hi-lo/kick box/step-kick-box.

Terri

OK Cathe, Thank you for asking for our suggestions. Here are a few considerations for the extra 30" segment:

1. Interval style workout on the square step. maybe with some step/kickbox (IMAX3?) This is my first choice. It is nice to have an intense cardio segment that is 30" for premix combinations. Plyo-anying in it would be great!

2. If there is no upper body work in the "boot-camp" style circuit, then include heavey upper body segment that is strength orientated. It couuld be a "get your upper body strong and lean" segment.

3.an athletic stretch/abs/flexability segment.

The equipment you have suggested is fine. If you were to add a medicine ball, an 8# dumb bell could always be substituted.
A stability ball is always a welcome piece of equipment.
:D

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.