We're filming!

Cathe this is so exciting:) I love Jillybean's idea. I love love the premix from the kickboxing with the high step but of course it would have to be shorter maybe with no abs to make it 30 minutes. Im sure you will come up with something great with all of our ideas.

Hi Cathe

Input from across the Pond...

A kickboxing element to the bonus section would be great a la Kick, Punch and Crunch. This would introduce some high intensity without being high impact plus add variety.

Slimmed down equipment requirement would be good too!

Cheers
WebGirl

I agree with you!! I love using stability and medicine balls - how about some balancing work? I cannot believe a new workout video is coming@!!! YEAH!!!

I have got to say this is like a wish come true for me. I have all your DVDs, but there are times when I need something a little easier. I consider myself a high intermediate exerciser. Anytime I need a break, I normally have to turn to my Firms which I don't like doing. These new DVDs will definitely be used in my rotations. I also hope to be able to buy all the DVDs from this website without the purchase of additional equipment.

I vote for using the stability ball in the new workouts. No other comments as I like everything you do. :) I'M SO HAPPY!!!!

Cathe:

This rather presumes that we all have or will immediately purchase the High Step. Hmmmmmmmm

Can there be enough varieties of cardio blasts that can safely be done on a High Step?

Is upper body work to be included in the main workout, bootcamp style? If so, the additional footage would be great as per Jillybean's suggestion a 10*10*10 arrangement, after all, there will be interval effect already in the main workout section with the 2 min cardio blasts, so interval work is covered. Not all of us want to be doing interval work all the time, thanks.

If upper body work is not included, that half hour could do it nicely.

An alternative, and the one which would make this DVD workout the most balanced, is that you dedicate the half hour to doing something you have never done before but which many have requested and which today's focus on mind and body for optimal health would suggest: an extended stretch/yoga half hour.............

.... after making "the eyeballs bleed" for half an hour, we all need to take the heart rate down and quieten the mind.

Also, minimal equipment please. Sometimes a workout can become so new-fangled it becomes too much bother to actually do it....half an hour to assemble the equipment......etc.

Thank you for listening

Clare

Cathe, what terrific news for us AND for you! I have to tell you, as one who's been "with you" since almost the beginning, it is such a kick to see how your career is just mushrooming lately! No one could deserve all these accolades and attention more, Cath -- although I admit to having real mixed feelings about sharing you so far and wide. :) You've been our "secret" for so long, and now between FitTV and these tapes the secret is most definitely out! Ohmigosh, we'd better prepare to share the Forums with a whole new crop of Newbies! (Suggestion: A separate "Ask Cathe/Ask the Educated Crowd" Forum for beginners/intermediates.)

My vote for "our" DVD is for traditional circuits with cardio (love the 2 minutes), lower body and either a separate upper body or a compound upper/lower within each circuit. Maybe since you're doing an All-Core segment you could omit core from the circuits and include a lower, an upper AND a compound in each circuit. Wow, would that hit it all!

I vote for minimal equipment -- the High Step, a couple pairs of dumbbells and a preloaded barbell, like you suggested. The last two series have been very equipment-intensive and this would be a nice, simple change of pace.

With that format and that equipment, I'd then like to see about half of the 30 extra minutes of footage devoted to "rounding out" a little more upper body work, so that you could give us a premix kinda similar in flavor to CTX Upper Body Split -- maybe a bit shorter, but we can always use quickie premixes for busy days.

Finally, I'd love to see you use the rest of the extra footage to give us a nice long traditional abs set (variations on upper and lower and compound ab crunches, a long obliques series, climb the rope, toss the ball, whatever else you like. :)) I agree with other posters -- your last two series have featured so much wonderful new core work, and it would be a fun change of pace to bring back some killer "old school" abs work.

It seems to me that with that additional footage, you'd have everything we'd need for premixes that would concentrate on cardio, lower body, upper body and abs. What an abs premix THAT would be -- the core segment combined with an old-fashioned abs killer! Ouch, I'm hurting already!

One last suggestion -- on your beginner/intermediate tapes, from the design of the workout it looks like a lot of the workout could be kicked up a notch as the exerciser became more fit and stronger. Why not have one of your crew showing a more advanced modification (e.g., doing moves on the step that are more dynamic or propulsive, using heavier weights, or using a more advanced body position (e.g., flat-back versus 45-degree-angle for back work)? Having these modifications shown would make these tapes more broadly appealing and longer-lasting for your beginners and intermediates. You'd be encouraging your less experienced users to advance as they become fitter, and you would make these beginner/intermediate tapes usable even by the more advanced crowd (us :)) for a "light" day.

Whatever you decide to do, I'm sure it'll be first-class as always and I'm sure I'll buy it on the first day of the presale. As always. :)

http://www.click-smilies.de/sammlung0903/sport/sport-smiley-003.gif Kathy S. http://www.click-smilies.de/sammlung0903/spezial/spudniks/spudniklifter.gif

i dont care what you film...just film away my dear friend....you have made my day...no ...my winter.....bootcamp style cardio...yippee:p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p

>i dont care what you film...just film away my dear
>friend....you have made my day...no ...my winter.....bootcamp
>style cardio...yippee:p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p
I'm with her! I know whatever you film will ROCK!!!

One last suggestion -- on your beginner/intermediate tapes, from the design of the workout it looks like a lot of the workout could be kicked up a notch as the exerciser became more fit and stronger. Why not have one of your crew showing a more advanced modification.

Fantastic idea :+

Hi Cathe! That is exciting news!

I vote for minimal equipment and for the 30 minutes bonus, I would like a section with NO equipment, for example, exercises that only require your own bodyweight for resistance. My second choice would be kickboxing.

Awesome!!!

Bootcamp is one of my most used and favorite workouts so I could not be happier;). Cathe, just a few requests/suggestions for exercises from me...I have no fear I'll love what ever you do!

I picked up Oxygen's special Glute edition that came out this month. A few great exercises stood out for me in the issue....

Page 33 is Jen Hendershott's favorite glute move. She's straddling a regular club size step but the square mini could easily be substitued. It's a Bench Jump Squat. Begin with feet together on the step and jump down straddling step, landing in a squat position. After landing, immediately jump as high as you can and land firmly back on the step with feet together. Repeat continuously}( ...has Cathe cardio blast written all over it!

Page 31, flutter kicks. They have it demonstrated on a bench type of block, but I'm wondering if it could be modified to use the mini step and the upper body being supported by the arms in a plank position?
Your lying on the step with hips square and upper body supported. Legs extended straight out back with toes pointed...with small controlled movements, flutter our legs...looks like swimming.

Last are the heal touches on Page 108.
They're using a stability ball but I'm thinking that possibly the step could be used as well. They do demonstrate the model in the blank/pushup position on the ball with hips centered. They have you keeping your legs slightly wider than shoulder width with feet about an inch off the floor and toes pointed to the ground. Without bending the legs, lift your legs toward each other (and up..but only lifting till glutes contract) and touch your heels together. Squeeze the glutes...hold for two seconds and release.

Wouldn't mind seeing more lateral step-ups that were featured in L&G's again either.

As far as the 30 minutes...Power moves and interval blasts would make me hoppy...I mean happy;-)

Minimal equipment would be preferred as well as more tough traditional abdominal work. High rep, low weight upper body work is always good too.

Hi Cathe -

All I can say is WOW!! My credit card is ready for the pre-order!! Can you make DVD#1 low impact?

As for DVD#3: I love the idea of more kickboxing and CTX style upperbody strength workout.

As for equipment...I would love to you use the medicine ball again!! For music.....could could the music be similar to that in the Intensity Series? I LOOOOOOVE the music in IS! It is so motivating!

Last but not least....I hope the Workout Blender will be included.:D :D

http://kalir1.bizhosting.com/kali3.gif http://kalir1.bizhosting.com/kali4.gif

I'm a Cathe newbie and I'm so glad that there will be a beginner/intermediate dvd! Finally! However, I do hope these dvds will have advanced level modifications. Maybe one or two exercisers could be doing more advanced workouts?

For the 30 minute bonus section of the advanced dvd: I would like to see kickboxing or any cardio workout that doesn't need any equipment.

I vote for minimal equipment especially for the beginner/intermediate workouts!

When will pre-order start? I am THAT excited!

Any chance these could be put on one DVD? I recently sold all my VHS and now have only DVD. The thing I love about Cathe's DVD's is the fact that each DVD contains more than one workout? The chapters, the premix and the workout blender have been AWESOME!

I too do not want to buy any equipment. I actually would not mind the beginner-intermediate option. Sometimes (like today) I actually want an easier workout.

I'm voting for minimal equipment. Since you mentioned the advanced workout would be like Bootcamp, I'm hoping the main workout will include upper body work segements as well. I don't mind having core work segments in the circuits--but on the dvd, you could just have a core-only premix again instead of a longer additional section at the end (and thus use the extra minutes somewhere else). (Of course, VHS users would miss out here--or are these dvd-only productions?).

For the extra 30 minutes, I would love kickboxing like in KPC--especially kicking and punching drills, which require little floor space. I know some people would like more intervals, but I propose having 30 minutes of kickboxing drills, which can be done as-is OR structured into a interval premix with the cardio high step blasts from the main workout. That way, we can have LOTS of options with this dvd. Another reason to ensure this part of the workout doesn't require too much floor space is so that we can keep our high steps nearby for the blasts in a premix or even for weight circuit work in another premix!

Christina

I love Kick Punch and Crunch so my vote will go to kickboxing for the bonus segment. Or maybe cardio intervals with simulated sports moves? It would also be nice to see minimal equipment too. I also agree with the other comments about adding advanced workout options to the beginner/intermediate workouts?

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.