We're filming!

Yea!!!!
I like Jillybean's idea's.
It doesn't matter to me re equipment.
Thanks Cathe, you are the best!

Joanne

Great news! I am so glad to hear that you will be doing a beginner workout. I know with you now being on FitTV that a whole new world will open for those out there desiring to be healthy and fit, but wanting the best in instruction, choreography and music. They will find it with you and your wonderful team.

I know that the popular consensus seems to be to include more cardio such as kickbox, but I have a different suggestion (forgive me if you all think its silly). If we are to be complimenting the High Step workout, can we please see more floorwork such as in the PS SLA workout? I find nothing better to really work my inner/outer thighs than the weighted leg raises. I get plenty of quad work doing the squats and lunges, but I feel my legs don't get worked as thoroughly as in the PS series. I don't know if this will work with the other exercises you have planned, especially if its a circuit style workout, but my hamstrings and abductors are screaming for attention.

Thanks again for asking for our suggestions!

I just knew you were up to something! We miss you when you are not around but this has made my day! My hubby wants to start to learn your step but I know it is too advanced for him as he cannot do the MIS warm-up, so a beginner step tape is exactly what will get him started! Thank you, thank you! I see you have gotten lots of great ideas and I will be happy with whatever you choose. I love using ALL our equipment you have used in the past and I am probably in the minority here, but would love it if you added ANYTHING new as I like to shake things up and you are always so creative with new equipment. It would be helpful if you would include on the cover what equipment is needed for each workout so we can be prepared. Both hubby and I have the High Step so, I too, would like it if the DVD's were offered separate. Thank you Cathe for making us so happy once again and sooo soon! You're the best!
Your-Friend-In-Fitness, DebbieH http://www.handykult.de/plaudersmilies.de/wavey.gif[/img] If You Get The Choice To Sit It Out Or Dance...I Hope You DANCE!!!

The new workouts sound fabulous!

What I'd like for the extra 30 minutes is a workout that would feature cardio movements focusing on the core and balance. You and the "Core corps" could still do plenty of cardio (and even interals) while incorporating moves that focus on keeping the abs tight and using balance as a way to increase our core strength.

I also vote for minimal equipment and I love, love, LOVE the idea of showing one more intermediate - advanced exerciser in the background of the beginner workouts.

Yes, what Jul said except I like lots of equipment! ;-) LOVE the idea of a background ADVANCED exerciser. Also, I would love if you could incorporate some Pilates/Yoga "STYLE" workout within the 30 minutes!
Your-Friend-In-Fitness, DebbieH http://www.handykult.de/plaudersmilies.de/wavey.gif[/img] If You Get The Choice To Sit It Out Or Dance...I Hope You DANCE!!!

I like the idea of more cardio and kickboxing drills.

I'd vote for the minimual equipment that you've mentioned (though adding in stability ball option for abs would be fine) and an added bonus would be if the barbell is used for exercises where it's not as likely that we'd need to change the weight on it.

I love the variety of using all the different equipment, but I prefer not using it all in the same workout. Takes too long to collect from the different rooms I have to store it in!

Having a premix option of cardio only would be great.

Sueter
Edited to add that I like the new style of ab work.

I was going to request low-impact high, high high intensity but since it's 30 minutes I think I'll save that request for if and when you can make it long and hard as part of a series. That being said, I like Jilly's request for intervals, really killer intervals with short recovery time so we can kick it up big time in that 30 minutes!

I love the idea of minimal equipment although I am getting really good at changing plates on PLB and being ready when you are. For awhile, I kept yelling, "Wait, wait, I'm not ready!" and lunging for my control to hit pause! :) I am also curious as to whether or not the beginner/intermediate workouts will be exclusive to the Step or if you will sell them separately at SNM. I think I have been working out with you long enough to modify a B/I workout into something more intense for me. And there are those pesky people who refuse to be turned on to my favorite instructor (how kooky is that?) because your workouts are so advanced, who might give a second look if they can ease in with a B/I workout.

I must say I am just am just little disappointed we won't be going into the fall anticipating the follow up series to the incredible Intensity Series and the bodacious Body Blast Series! Any idea when we might expect another advanced series? And any chance you'll include some high intensity, low impact for the aging, injured baby boomer who love you when you do another series? :)
Bobbi "Chick's rule!" http://www.handykult.de/plaudersmilies.de/chicken.gif

Hi again!
I would just like to add that I would love for you to have someone do advance moves (like Cede or Rhonda) in the background on the beginner and intermediate dvds. That would be great for us who are use to your workouts but want a lighter day for working out, but they wouldn't be too easy.
Thanks Again
jen

I haven't read through all 67 replies (!), so maybe this was suggested, but in the 2-minute cardio segments, how about 1 1/2 minutes of aerobic intensity moves, followed by a 30second plyo/anaerobic blast? The aerobic segment could be a lower intensity version of the blast.

I love the idea of putting the core moves at the end. I usually do "Boot Camp" by playing the "all but core" premix followed by "core only" premix.

For the 30 minutes extra, what about a 15-minute long stretch (athletic, not yoga) and 15-minutes of upper body resistance work, perhaps usiing a medicine ball (from the above description, it doesn't look like upper body resistance is planned for this workout, or did I miss something). This upper body work could be combined with segments of the original workout in various ways: new circuits, a resistance-only workout, cardio and upper body, etc.

1- love the idea of beginner and intermediate DVD. This will be perfect for my daughter that wants to get in shape.
Like someone suggested could you have a persone doing advanced modification.

2- I vote for minimal equipment

3- I would like to see 30 min. of cardio, no kickboxing. I think kickboxing should be alone on 1 DVD.

I decided to de-lurk and say thanks for coming up with a Beginner/Intermediate workout. This will help me greatly get accustomed to Cathe's teaching style. Obviously, for the bonus segment, I will be voting for kickboxing or any 30 minute cardio that doesn't need much equipment. I'll also be purchasing the Advanced workout even though I'm not at that stage yet - I'm sure I'll be using it soon!

I vote for bootcamp style upperbody I love the way my arms feel after doing the upper premix twice. powerhour can't even come close to this pump.And that would still leave a little time for cardio intervals.The upper body isn't but 10 min but boy do I feel it even if it isn't but a minutes worth of work.
"I CAN DO ANYTHING FOR A MINUTE";-)

Yayyy!!

Wow Cathe!!

whatever you film will be great i am sure!! I will buy anything u do!
Thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you from the bottom of my rapidly beating heart :):+

I agree, since the lower body and core get worked i would like to see you throw in an intense upper body workout using whatever equipment is going to fry my muscles!!!! Tricia

I hope we can assume the bootcamp circuit will have upper and lower body and sounds like it will be a blast type of cardio lasting 2min.
It would be nice to have more interval training like IMAX if we won't be able to do that with a premix. The sound of step kickbox is very appealing also.
I would vote to have minimal equipment during the heart of the workout, but I would then love to use just the stability ball for the bonus 30 minutes doing everything from cardio to weight training.

Make the extra time more cardio, please!! And I second Aquajock's suggestion of a cardio-only option. Thank you for taking the extra time and effort to make an advanced level offering for us - I would be so sad if this batch was beginners only!

I would love for the extra time slot to be a step kickboxing workout. There really isn't a lot of step kickboxing workouts on the market, so you would definitely be filling a void. :)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.