We're filming!

>Hi Everyone! I just wanted to let you all know that we will
>be filming this March (most likely on the 5th and 6th). Here
>is what's happening:
>
>The Step Company has asked us to film a couple of beginner
>DVD's to include with their products. Of course we always
>want to keep our loyal customer base happy so we are also
>going to film one ADVANCED DVD for you.
>
>The Step Company DVD's.....
>
>DVD #1.....This BEGINNER and INTERMEDIATE DVD for use on
>regular step will feature....
>
>30 minutes of all step aerobics(beginner level)
>45 minute step and weight circuit (intermediate level)
>20 minute upper body toning workout (beginner to
>intermediate)
>20 minute lower body toning workout (beginner to
>intermediate)
>10 minute ab routine (beginner to intermediate)
>
>
>
>DVD #2..........This BEGINNER to INTERMEDIATE DVD will feature
>a 50 to 60 minute HIGH STEP circuit workout.
>
>
>DVD #3..........Our ADVANCED DVD for our customers....This DVD
>will be a HIGH STEP CIRCUIT which will be similar in format to
>that of Boot Camp however the differences will be as follows:
>
>1) Longer cardio...about 2 minutes vs the one minute of Boot
>Camp
>
>2) The cardio will use the HIGH STEP....the HIGH STEP will be
>lowered to 6 inches for the cardio blasts
>
>3) The leg work that follows the cardio will also use the HIGH
>STEP at multiple heights (never exceeding 14 inches) with
>various exercises
>
>4) There will be an all core bonus segment at the end for
>those who would rather do core in this manner vs circuit
>style.
>
>We have about 30 minutes of extra time and are asking what you
>would like to see included as an added bonus. Keep in mind
>that this would be footage that would be used to include with
>our premixes to compliment your HIGH STEP workout.
>
>I am also curious, would you like this workout to feature
>minimal equipment or various pieces of equipment. Right now,
>I have found that a loaded barbell and two sets of hand
>weights (3 pound and 8 pound)have been working nicely in my
>High Step classes.
>
>Thanks in advance for your suggestions. Please list them
>right here vs going to the suggestion forum :)

Thanks for asking Cathe! My suggestions are:

A 30 minute Kickbox Imax - with say... 3 minute anerobic kickbox intervals (off the high step, i.e. kick/punch combos, plyo moves, etc...) followed by 2 minute easy highstep kickbox moves.

OR

A 30 minute Upper Body Slow and Heavy series. Maybe you could fit in 2-3 sets of 10-12 reps per set with the heaviest weight you could use with good form (of course!)

I love the all ab section at the end because like I also like to concentrate on ab work in one block.

As far as equipment... suit yourself. I only ask that you tell us before the workout begins what we need to have handy. I usually forget even if I have done the workout many times!

Thanks again! Can't wait.

Hi Cathe,

Adding another suggestion...As you know I'm a kickboxing lover...I would love for you to add even some tough punches and kicks using the heavy bag and have your background exercisers show modification. This could be an intro for when you will actually do a longer tougher version. It can be incorporated between all the other tough intervals.

P.S. There are many home exercisers that do have a heavy bag in their home. I'm telling you Cathe, you will love the heavy bag...

Cathe please put more cardio in like hi/lo or intervals!
Also I just want to state that I hope you'll make a whole set of Advanced videos too, because your'e my favorite and I'm always in need of new videos...

Great news!! I vote for the use of medicine and stability ball for the bootcamp circuit and would love to see step kickbox for the bonus section. Thanks so much for asking for our opinions. Take care :).

Alot of us have been asking... will the dvds be available without having to buy the highstep (some of us already have it)...and as of yet, we haven't had a response... i hope this is possible. Thank you x

RE: I like Laura's suggestion re: instructional segment

kathy...where did you get that cutie smily face with the barbell? I'd love to get something like that when i post

I would love to see kickboxing, but NOT on the step. The workout you have described will be hard on the knees. A fast-paced kickboxing routine will give the intense cardio, but allow the knees to recover. It should really work the legs and hips as those are the problem areas most of us have. If it is intense enough, it will slim the legs like running does, but, again, without the pounding on the knees.

The equipment set-up you have described sounds perfect.

Hi Cathe,

Please add a regular step workout with your new advanced DVD! Can't get enough step routines! I use all of your step routines (mix and match with DVD) on cardio days - there aren't enough to go around between strength days (I mix and match all of your weight training workouts between cardio days). I look forward to even your new intermediate step workout but please include some advanced step (not just high step) routines! Or make another all step workout. Step Blast is awesome, as is Rhythmic Step, Step Fitness, Power Max, Step Max, Step Jam, etc., etc.! SJP's step section is great also, but too short. I vote for more advanced step, less hi-lo! I love your your last two Intensity and Blast series - keep it up! And keep up the chaptering on your new DVDs also - its great to mix and match sections from each step workout.

Thanks
Cheryl

I'm thinking bootcamp meets IMAX. In other words, something that leaves your body feeling like jello and your heart pounding. A little something for the masochistic streak in so many of us cathe-ites }(

I'm absolutely psyched! Cathe you rock!

I would love to do another kickboxing or non-step sports interval type or intense hi-lo workout for the bonus 30 minute section of the advanced dvd. This would work well with the Bootcamp style workout with the High Step that you plan to do.

For the beginners/intermediate dvds- I feel minimal equipment would be preferred because they are just starting to workout and most do not have a lot of equipment besides the step and dumbbells. I guess they will be purchasing the High Step too for the other dvd. I do hope you have an another exerciser in the background showing advanced modifications.

I would also like to request if it is possible that the second DVD for the Beginners/Intermediates be 60 minutes (of pure workout excluding warm-up and cool-down) or even 90-120 minutes just like the first DVD. As an intermediate level exerciser, it would be great to have different workouts in one DVD 'coz you may not be doing them again (since these workouts were requested by The Step Company). Thanks.

I want to reaffirm what others have already posted:

1) I'd love to see more advanced/power modifications in the beginner DVDs, so that people can "grow with" (and grow into!) the workouts

2) I'd love to see more kickboxing and/or kicked-up step

3) For "add-ons" to our advanced DVD [which I'm very excited about] I'd be especially excited for an upper body split. Your CTX UB split and BodyMax UB work are among my "most played" of my collection ... it would be great to spice them up

4) I would be thrilled for a minimal equipment w/o. I feel like we waste a lot of time -- and bring down our heart rate too much -- when we're always changing props.

Thanks for getting our suggestions, and I look forward to hearing more!

- Meggie

Flaming!

I wasn't aware flaming was permitted here. I was under the impression people who flamed had their posts deleted.

Your response to me is rude and obnoxious. There was not reason for a personal attack.

I stated my HONEST opinion TO CATHE -- and I stand by how I feel.

Not everyone is thrilled at this beginner/intermediate idea. They just don't want to say it publically because they know rude people like you will personally attack them.

I did Circuit Max today and it was intermediate to me, so I want challenging workouts. S&M has always said that their videos were "FOR ADVANCED EXERCISERS" and it was their mission to produce challenging workouts for advanced exercisers who want to work out in the privacy of their own home.

Now all of the sudden a beginner video?

This whole Step Company idea sickens me and I am sorry, but that is the way I feel.

The market is saturated with excellent beginner/intermediate videos.

RE: Flaming!

I just have to agree that the other poster's response to you was rude, but I also have to disagree with you that there are excellent beginner and intermediate videos saturating the market. Tell me one of them! (But if you can name one, do it on the video questions and comments forum, rather than this one! ;-) )

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.