Pregnancy Check-in October 4th ---newbies welcome

ok mom is sick..cant come. Haley woke up coughing...grrrrrrrrrr now Im stressing! Haley has no fever and feels great so shes going to school...I hope shes not getting sick!
bbiam

Im trying not to worry too much. It will all work out..surely! We can take Haley with us in the morning...Paul hopefully can take her to school (15 min away) then I have a good friend who can pick her up and bring her to the hospital.

Melanie-how did you sleep??

Susan, I slept fair. DH wants to go to bed at 830.....and I'm just not ready yet.....which is akward b/c my bedroom is where everything is set up. So...I quietly pound on my laptop (b/c the light bothers him if I want to read). I don't know how well that's going to work. Also by evening time...everyone has collected their own pillows (that I borrowed during the day to prop up).....so I'm super uncomfortable. *Sigh* Im sorry.....I sound negative, don't I? Today is day 13 of bedrest....

Tomorrow I go to the doctor's......that will take most of the day.....and give me a little break from my room. :)

Do you have an induction time, Susan?

I'll get a definate time today. A cheer mom is the charge nurse on the ob floor and says I will be there early ..before 6 probably!!

You can complain all you want Melanie! I would be ..thats for sure. Maybe get dh to go buy you some pillows! I couldnt go to bed at 830 either! Does he get up super early? Could you go to the living room for a couple hours before bed and lie on the couch?

You girls are cracking me up with the enema, pooping on the table talk. I'm soooo glad I'm on this forum, you gals make think of things I should care for.

Ok, so I went for my 31 week check up on Monday, dr said the Glucose test was good. She'll see me in 2 weeks and then will schedule my sonogram at 35-36 weeks. Girls, Dec does not seem to come fast enought for me LOL!

Susan, so you are getting induce tomorrow, my goodness, just few hrs and all the wait will be over!!

Jen, I saw your pics and they are adorable, you look very relaxed in that pic with your legs crossed and looking down. Seems like things are getting less bitter btwn you and MIL.

Melanie, sorry to hear about your platelets, so the plan is to boost them up high enough for the C-section? Have they said what is causeing it?

Wendy, I think I read you're having baby #2 this week. I wish you the very best and please let us know about you when your schedule allows it.

Waves to all the preggos, check back later
Christine, glad thing are finally working for you. It was about time.

Allison, good thing you don't have big sister issues with your DD

Kristine, you're doing great on the workouts. I miss working out so bad but my whole body is aching now.

Dawn, please hang with us! Thanks for sharing your experience with breast feeding. BTW, I start my classes this Saturday (chidbirth) and if I like the instructor I will be taking nursing classes with her as well. we'll see

I ordered a bed/reading pillow thingie from amazon.....hopefully it'll be here in a couple days.

That's not a bad idea though.....I could have a 2nd station set up in the living room. I've been thinking about doing that anyway....the different view will be refreshing. The thing is I can't really be out there with the kids.....b/c they are needy......and I can't provide for them. I really think the BR is the best place during the day.

I think I'm going to ask a friend to come and take Jadon over for a playdate...he's so shy. Maybe the weekend would be best b/c Justin could go too? I'd like to stimulate them.....and I just can't........and it's not really DH's thing. It DRIVES ME NUTS TO SEE THEM IN FRONT OF THE T.V. NON-STOP!!!!

Oh my, I think my hormones are out of control today. lol :eek: :eek:

Ok girls ready for this one!! My dr's office just called..my dr has the FLU.....so they have rescheculed my indcution for Monday at 5:45!
See, I guess everthing does work out for the best. My mom will be well by then etc. Whew......and I have an extra day to study for my test. NOW will Kara cooperate???

Susan- You know what this means? Your labor will begin in an hour! If you start pooping, woohoo. Go figure! Hope it all works out!!!!
Melanie- thank you for your kind words. You have no idea how much i needed support right now. i feel like i have been holding my breath for months and cannot do it anymore. The movers are coming to assess the house tomorrow. I have ordered a dumpster and am going to purge the house today. i figure if my husband is not here, he may not notice all his college t-shirts disappearing.
Off to try to run/waddle. need a little exercise to clear my mind. and my son wants a donut (we run past the donut store). He seems a lot better now that preschool is out of the picture. today we are goign to print pictures of daddy and tape them all over his room so he can see daddy when he is sad...

Melanie- You might want to consider amazon prime membership. I do it and love it. You pay an annual fee, and you get almost everythign FREE ONE DAY SHIPPING !!! It is great to get things for the holidays, your pillows, diapers, anything random... I know you live kind of remote, so it may save yo ua lot in shipping over the long term. Mine pays for itself quickly!

Good morning all! Had dr's appt today. BP is fine and blood work was fine. He thinks it may have been sodium/stress combo and said not to worry. BP today was 126/80 which is still high for me but better than last week. Checked my cervix and still closed. Start weekly visits now.

On a interesting note, I think all this sex talk about Susan put me in the mood. I jumped DH last night (35 weeks) and had some pretty passionate activity. But its probably been about a month so maybe that's why. Don't see it happening again any time soon.

Susan- Christine is right, now labor will start on its own! I hope that for your schedule's sake it works out but it is what it is right?

Priscila- Glad to see everything is going well with you and your drs appt. I wish I was able to see James again on u/s. I haven't seen him since 31 weeks and probably won't until he is born. Yes MIL is calming down a teeny bit.

Christine- It must be so hard on Jimmy and I think pulling him out of daycare right now was probably best for him. He needs a lot of loving and family time, his little world is turned upside down too.

Hi Dawn! I love the pics you keep posting on FB! Keep em coming! ;)

Jen-good for you!!! I know your dh was a happy camper!
Great about your bp and bloodwork! Wont be long now girl!

My dr's brother is an obgyn too but has his own practice...he will be on call so at least I know I'll have a dr ...just in case!

Just got done watching "Wild Hearts Can't Be Broken".....it's from 1991 and was a really good movie.

Jadon came in with his little piano and played some songs on it for me & the baby girls. I broke down and started crying......it made my heart so happy...the pure love he has for us is amazing!

Susan, your attitude is so good!! Now we just have to keep Kara in there until your dr's feeling better on Monday. Whew. What a wave of emotions!!

Jen, glad your bp is better......I'm glad it was MIL & nothing more serious. And you got some lovin' time with DH. My libido is pretty low,....not sure if I should watch anymore "love" movies though! LOL

Christine~ I am an amazon prime member. I signed up for a free trial......and accidently forgot to cancel.....so I have it for the year. I buy just about everything from there. :) The last few things I've purchased hasn't been 'amazon prime elgibilble'. Keep up the good work, girlie!! You are doing amazing....under any conditions....let alone 7 mos pregnant!!!

Melanie-Jadon piano playing is the sweetest thing! Makes me tear up just thinking about it.
Im kinda glad I have the weekend now.....I can cook more and get Haley better prepared for next week at school etc.
Im gonna eat some lunch and then go ahead and take my test. I just want it over with!!! Im about as prepared as Im gonna be!
bb after my test

Melanie- I hope James is as sweet as your little Jadon is! That is precious! It's moments like that, that make you appreciate being on bedrest and the time you get to spend with him.
Good luck on your test Susan!

Mid-term done...whew. I have been on a high for a couple days thinking of the iduction and the test..now I am just exhausted!

Time to get Haley. HOpe everyone is having a good day!

Jen, Was James in head down position at 31 weeks? I'm wondering b/c 2 days ago I couldn't sleep, my belly felt so tight and it was painful to breath deep, I wonder if my baby was getting in that position already. I can tell that my belly looks a little lower now. Would it be too early?

Hi Precilla, not Jen......but I can tell you my babies were head down since about 24 weeks....but now one shuffled to feet down. They can still move around so much at this point. ;)

How are you feeling? How's sleeping going?

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.