Pregnancy Check-in October 4th ---newbies welcome

melanalyus

Cathlete
Pregnancy Role Call:

Susank41/Susan - Oct. 13 (It's a girl!)
wendybdh/Wendy - Oct. 25 (waiting to find out sex!)
Sweetpea1/Jen - Nov. 9 (It's a boy!)
Dragonfly/Cee - Nov. 15 (It's a boy!)
luprisi/Priscilla - Dec. 5 (It's a boy!)
melanalyus/Melanie - Dec 15 (identical twin girls!)
23jimbeam/Christine - Dec. 15 (It's a boy!)
bunekneck/Raciela - Dec 23 (It's a girl!)
Krillie/Kristine - Feb 1

Hi ladies! I read on facebook that Wendy has less than 9 days left until c/s date. Yippie!

Susan, you're ripe & ready. And your energy level is unbelieveable

Jen, you're so sweet. :eek: I wish we lived closer too!! It sounds like you had a relaxing/exciting weekend. How was the shower? What'd you get?

Cee, haven't heard from you in a while. How's it going?

Priscilla~ you're doing awesome. keeping up with you home & work responsibilities is HUGE

Christine~ how's the packing going? Everyone healthy now?

Raciela~ How you feeling?

Kristine~ you still around? Hope you're feeling well.

------------
Today went well. Alot of time online.....there's alot to look at. I ended up ordering a "bed reading pillow wedge thingie" and a pink journal on amazon last night. Haven't ordered anything today.

DH did well today. Great cooking, and checking on me. You can tell he's getting antsy already though. Making comments about "going fishing" and letting our eldest watch the youngest boys. I don't like when he watches the kids b/c he just sits on the internet & yells at them. :(

The boys come in/out of my room all day. At one point I was exhausted & wanted to take a nap.....which didn't happen with the boys being really wild around me. :( *sigh* it's a small price to pay to be around them though (opposed to hospital).

Tomorrow I get to go to clinic for blood work. Thursday we make a trip to doctor's office (2.5 hrs away). I'll have a fibronectin test, ultrasound, and 30 week check up.

That's about it. Waves to all!!

Susan- I am undecided too on the enema. DH is for it after he heard that I may poop on the table. He doesn't think he can handle that. ((Sigh)) He really doesn't know what he's in for.

Melanie- You are doing really well not ordering a whole lot online. I would be buying up everything just to look forward to getting packages.

Well baby shower was wonderful and exhausting! My mom made a "monkey" cake which was adorable. (She has all the pics too.) Played all the normal games and got TONS of things for baby. I don't even know where to start. Dad bought our travel system (YAY) and we got our high chair, video monitor, bath tub, pack n play, tons of bath products, diapers, wipes, washcloths, towels, clothes/onesies, toys, crib sheets, pack n play sheets, and I think that may be it give or take a few extra misc items. Oh and my painted belly cast which was perfect!!! I cried when she gave it to me. Probably because it was the last thing and I was feeling so overwhelmed! I took pics of the pile of stuff and the belly cast which I will post later. Right now I am just putting my feet up because I am so sore.

DH and I looked at each other and said "What do we do with all of this stuff?" As much as I loved everything, I kinda wish the showers had been a few weeks earlier when I wasnt so big and sore. It's going to take some time to sort through it all. Some people bought newborn size clothes which are cute but if James is going to be close to 8lbs. then he won't even get to wear them. So we will probably return some things later....much later.

Waves to all the preggos! Off to watch some mindless TV and then hit the sack! Wish I was off tomorrow....would like to start organizing.

Jen, sounds like you had alot of fun. Whew, everything's exhausting at this point in the game, eh? LOL

I don't want to sound ungrateful, but the biggest thing that gets me is how many people buy baby clothes that are "out of season". For example....my girls are going to be born in November. Why would you buy size 6 months snowsuits for the girls? LOL

The kids were monsters today. I finally had to yell at them, brush their teeth, and put them to bed. DH was on the couch watching t.v.....but I couldn't stand it anymore. :( DH did cuddle with them until they fell asleep....took under 15 minutes... They must have been worn down. I'm sure it's stressful having mommy in hospital & then on bedrest.

All in all my day was fair. I was up & out of bed for less than an hour (including dinnertime).

Since the kiddos are sleeping I might watch Despirate Housewives on t.v. in living room. Kinda makes me feel naughty. LOL

Jen-you racked up girlie! Im so glad you had a nice time!!! My dh was not looking forward to birth and had planned to stay up by my head the entire time. But he ended up at the other end wathcing!! He did not cut the cord though...which was fine with me. I did poop a little dh said..but it wasnt bad. The nurse said everyone does it. But Im thinking I will go for the enema...just to feel a little better about it...but it still creeps me out! Dr told me I could do one at home....but I can't see me or DH doing that!

Melanie-hope you are enjoying your show. We watched Amazing Race and dh massaged my feet..ahhhh!
I don't know any man who would not get antsy in your dh's situation. Men are men ya know!! Maybe talk to your oldest son and see if he can just watch the younger boys for an hour a day without yelling at them..lol....maybe bribe him???

We had pancakes, suasage and eggs for dinner...was good! I am too full to give birth tonight!!!!

I had enemia & shave w/DS1. It was routine back in those days. The enemia really wasn't that big of a deal. You could easily clean yourself out at home too....I think I pooped 4-5 times......then was cleaned out.
I don't have to worry about pooping during c/s. LOL Whew!

I wish I could somehow get Jory to treat his little brothers well during the "babysitting". Like playdough,paint,tickle,...etcetera. There has been a couple times when this has happened & it was alot of fun for the little ones.

I believe the whole family unit is a little off now......after I was away for over a week.......now confined to the bed for a long while to come. This has to be stressful for my boys. i'm trying to make it a fun experience for them. I'm looking into some support systems for advice & ideas. :)

I'm hoping this Season in our life will bring our family unit closer together,...in a loving way that can only be done amongst ourselves. :)

Good AM ladies! What's on your agenda today? I slept........AWFUL. Urgh. Not sure why. I went to the couch & read for over an hour. Oh well. At least I don't have to be productive today. ;)

Morning!
Melanie sorry for the yucky sleep! I actually got some sleep and feel rested today...although I got up ! My plan is to finish up my Sociology that is due next Monday and study for the Art midterm and if time permits I will take it Wednesday after my appt.

Waves to everyone. bbl..gotta get Haley to school

Good morning ladies,

Yes, I am still here. Sorry that I am such a bad check in person, but I always read all your posts.

24 weeks today, woohoo! Feeling good and got 5 workouts in last week, still can't believe it!

It's rainy here in TX today, so Heidi and I will just chill out at home. She is a little bit grumpy and I think it's because of her last 2 molars coming in, so I gave her some motrin and she is watching Blue's Clues, so hopefully she'll be better.

I didn't sleep good last night either, well, I did until I had to go to the bathroom and when I couldn't go back to sleep. Oh well, maybe I get to nap later ;).

Mel - Sorry to hear that you didn't sleep well either, hopefully you will get a nap in later as well.

Susan - Maybe you get to take your test before the baby comes ;).

Jen - Good to hear that you had a nice shower and looks like you got so much stuff. Mine will be in 2 weeks and I am getting excited.

Good morning to everyone who follows.

I will try really hard to check back in later.

Kristine :)

Ahh. There you are Kristine. Congrats on 6 month mark!! Yippie! And your workouts sound great!!!

Susan, glad you got some sleep too. What happens to school stuff when you have baby? I agree, it'd be nice to have those tests/midterms under your belt when your baby comes. :)

I wonder if I have enough time to take some classes online or something? ;) Definitely could do some CEs!!!

Hi Kristine..good to see you!! Great job on your workouts!

Melanie-after this one Art midterm no other tests have to be proctored until finals..that is in December. I will just have to read and sumbit assigments from home......I won't feel like reading..but ya gotta do what ya gotta go, right!

Ok Melanie-question for you to ponder....how are gender (personal traits society attaches to being male or female) and sex (being male or female) related??? This is part of and essay question and for the life of me I cannot think of what to write.

Susan, is this a nuture vs nature type question? How does society treat a person (male or female) based on their genitilia?

Melanie-Everything is exhausting at this point, you are so right! Isn't pregnancy such a catch 22? We are so exhausted all day long trying to get everything done and can't wait to fall into bed at night and then once we do, we don't sleep well. WTH???? :)

Kristine- Congrats on your workouts! I couldn't even fathom sweating anymore than I already do at this point. I wish my showers were earlier like yours will be! I hope you enjoy it!

Susan- Very clever idea having Melanie help you with schoolwork! Way to multitask! Your question sounds familiar but for the life of me I cannot think of anything. Honestly, I have no idea how you can even get through school while pregnant. My brain has shut off for this last trimester.

Melanie-actually the chapter is about gender stratification.....the hiearchy system in society....exciting uh!!! Like men always rank higher than women.....rich over poor etc.

Jen-pretty smart on my part to get Mel's help uh ;)

Argh, pregnancy brain over here :eek:. I am only 23 weeks today not 24, but I will be next week, hehe.

I had a very non productive day today, tried to get Heidi to take a nap, so I could take one, but it didn't work and for some reason I had a crying spell, but my little girl was really sweet and I feel better again now. I hate those pregnancy hormones :confused:.

Jen - I have my shower so early this time because of the holidays and everything, I am sure it'll be nice.

Also, my stepdaughter is moving out in a couple of weeks and when I can start working on the nursery, yipee, so the shower is just at the right time.

Ok, I think I will do something productive now and clean the bathrooms before DH comes home.

Talk to you all later. :)

Krillie~ Did u get your bathrooms clean?

My platelets dropped 15K since I've been home. My dr's office hasn't called, but I imagine he will "boost" my dose back up again. They are at 50K....the hematologist won't recommend anything "drastic" unless they drop under 30K. Urgh. Stupid platelets.

Today was kinda boring. I'm debating if I want to wash a movie.....

Melanie-sorry about your platelets!!!! Hey washing a movie might be kinda fun.,..might get your bed all messy though...HA. What are your choices??

Kristine-have fun cleaning??

Dinner is done..about to watch DWTS.

Susan! I wasnt' planning on watching a movie that would make my bed messy!!! Silly girl, don't u think that would shorten my cervix more? lol :O :O

i ordered a pair of pajamas for the hospital. There got my online order in today. :D

:p I can still dream though, right? As long as I don't get too "involved"? LOl

I didn't realzie I had made the misspell!!! LOL

Now Susan, I've heard that intercourse induces labor.......so when you're all done with your miderms.........

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.