Pregnancy Check-in October 4th ---newbies welcome

I think Wendy is having a c/s......she is scheduled for the 12th, I believe. Maybe I should send her a PM for an update?

Susan, it sounds like you're body is sooooo close. You are prepared in case you go sooner than Monday. All things being equal, you'd probably rather go in on your own rather than being induced....which can bring on harder contractions.

jen, it's too soon for you to go into labor, girl!!! Take it easy!!!

Christine, it's nice to hear from you reguarly. You always have such

Precilla, it sounds like you are feeling appropriate!

Whew. I can't believe how beat I am. Even on bedrest.......this growing twins business is taking it's toll on this mommy! 2 weeks down......6 weeks to go! I CAN DO THIS!!!!

Yes, Melanie..you can do it girl!!!
Pricilla-Haley is about the same...fever, chills, no energy. She ususally bounces back pretty fast. Hopefully this weekend she will perk up.

Poor Haley. I hope she's all brand new by Monday so she can meet Kara!!! We want a relaxed, energized Moma this Monday AM!!!!

Morning!
Been up since 4 watching Project Runway with Haley. Her fever was 101 this morning..and shes feeling better so far...but its early!!! She couldnt go back to sleep and niether could I so we just hung out early! Im sure we'll nap later. Going to RAIN here all day so I think I will do some cooking. Im making a pot of white chili..and maybe some split pea soup.
HOw did everyone else sleep? I actually slept from 10- nearly2....thats a record. Dh laid down with Haley and didnt even wake me up when he came to bed. Im gonna walk or do LIS this moring. I NEED to move. After doing absolutely nothing yesterday I am feeling antsy. Maybe it will get Kara moving!

Last edited:
Good AM Susan. Sounds like Haley is on the mend. LIS? That must be on of your favs duing this pg? I used C&W alot during my last 2 pgs.

I think I will color my roots today. It takes about 10 minutes to apply,......then I can lay back down 25 minutes and rinse. I know I dont go anywhere.....or see anyone.......but there are still mirrors in my house. lol I gave myself a quick bang trim last night. I'm wondering if I should have a friend do my toes yet? It might help with my spirits.

Ahhhhhh Friday already. The weekends I think are going to be the toughest while on bedrest....with the 3 boys all at home & I cannot entertain them or take them anywhere. I've put a request in to a couple of friends to maybe take the boys for a couple hours & wear them out for us. We'll see what transpires. lol

Waves to all my favorite mommies!!!!

Morning Melanie!
Yes, I have used LIS a LOT uh! Its not too long and its fun. I hate hate hate long add ons in step....so this one gets to it and doesnt add on forever. That is waht I like about Imax's..you learn it...you do it..its done! I have decided to walk 30 on the TM though today.
bbs

Good morning ladies! Last night was much better than the night before. Contractions and back pain eased off but I still took Tylenol before going to bed.

Melanie- I think coloring your roots is a great idea. That and painting your toes will help you to feel better. I laid on the couch last night for a few hours and was thinking of you wondering how you can stay in bed all day. I get antsy laying around too long. You are tough girl! (But then again, I already knew that!) ;) I hope some of your friends are able to take the boys to do something!

Susan- I'm sending healthy vibes your way for Haley so she is all rested up to meet Kara. Ooh your chili sounds good too! Too bad its still 95 degrees here in Florida....

Hello to all! Happy Friday!

Jen, I'm sure you would do bedrest for your baby too...if you had too. It's pure love....I love these babies so much....I have to do whatever it takes to help them grow into healthy babieis!!!

When I start to get uncomfortable, I think about all the pain I had when I was working long hours. I still get muscle cramps, but I haven't needed Tylenol since on bedrest. I "feel" so much better. I"m not as puffy, I'm eating much better, drinking lots more water.

Jen....I'm so glad you had a pain free night. Tylenol is a "free drug" in pregnancy. You can take up to 8-500mg daily.......ends up being 2 extra strengths up to four times daily. It really did help me quite a bit. :D

Hi! Thanks for the well wishes for Hlaey. She ususally bounces back really fast. She's feeling ok today and fever is keeping low.
I have washed all the bedding on all the beds..and even took a quick 15 min power nap.

Jen-so glad you had a better night!!!
Melanie-how is the beautifying going???

I feel pretty productive today. I dyed my hair.......was up on my feet 15 minutes total AND had two bowel movements. Yeah!!!!

Hey Mel!
Lunch was good. I had red beans and rice..was delish! Made it to the store...got my chicken cooked and shredded ready for chili......and a roast I"ll cook tomorow. That should be enough for the fam for a few days. Also have a lasagna in the freezer. I got the house bleached and all the bedding washed...trying to keep the germs at bay!
Haley's fever was up to 101 after her nap..but shes hanging int here. SUrely by MOnday she'll be ok.
Im not one to rush to the dr. If her fever was higher I would....but Im one to let things run its course. If it is the flu there isnt much they can do anyway. Shes eating and drinking just fine.I have a friend that even a fever of 99 she rushes her kids to the dr..I just dont get it.
I got a Saline Fleet emama..read about it......I think I can handle it!
Can you think of anything more exciting to read about???

Susan, your cooking sounds sooooooooo good!!! You should send me some pictures of your food for my to salivate over. lol

I'm sorry Haley isn't better yet. I feel the same way as you do about going to the doctor. Most of the time, treatment seems to be symptomatic not curative,....and it has to work it's way out. If you can believe it..... (knock on wood)....my two littlest boys have NEVER had an antibiotic!!!! They are sooo healthy & we are blessed. I give alot of credit to nursing for over a year with each of them.

My hair turned out. :D It's so nice to have those roots covered. I feel like I'm swelling a little with my high dose prednisone. Not nearly as bad as it was before I was hospitalized.....but my face is definitely rounder, not something that I welcome. At least my eyes don't bugg out. lol :eek::eek:

A friend from church went to Walmart today (2 hrs away) and asked if I needed anything. She's picking up some Cat Chow & Honey Crisp Apples for me. What a blessing!!

I made a phone call for a housekeeping prospect. DH agreed to let someone come in weekly. It's the sheriff's wife....so someone we should be able to trust. I hope she can help us out.

Susan- sounds like you should all be able to avoid the flu with all that cleaning. Nothing like school to bring home the germs! I bet you are fine, and if not, at least you will be able to take the useful drugs soon! Jimmy was up to 104 and Motrin got him to 101. I used to worry, but like you, have learned that taking him to the doctor is just not useful. He tends to get more sick at the doctor than when he came. Do you have the CVS Minute Clinic? I love it. It is is most CVS stores, is really clean, and has a nurse practitioner on site. When you need to calm your mind before the weekend, and double check that there is not an ear infection, etc. If you need a presription, they fill it right there. I am a huge fan. And it is the same copay as a doctor office visit, rather than an urgent care. I hope that Haley feels better and beats this. I got a mild version of what Jimmy had, so we are strong healthy preggos!
Speaking of strong, maybe not so much. I am STRUGGLING to exercise. I usually do a video while Jimmy naps and all I do lately is eat gummy bears and watch tv or read. I am also struggling on our mornign runs. I find myself walking a lot. What happened in a week? Grrr. I am takign it easy, but miss the sleep I get on the days I exercise. The thought of lacing up sneakers right now kind of tires me out.
Jen- glad the tylenol helped! Keep him in there!
Hi to all the preggos, off to be a piggy and watch Grey's Anatomy. And sleep on the couch. I am so bummed we have to sell our couch as well, will not fit in the new house. So, I think we are officially moving beds and the playroom table.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.