Lurker's Invitation

I was wondering if you guys could help me out with figuring out my workouts considering my schedule. I have been waiting to see what rotation Cathe puts up for STS/Shock Cardio but the reality is that I won't be able to do it considering my schedule. I am planning on doing the 6 1/2 month STS rotation staring Jan. 12th. The reality is that I am not willing to give up my winter sports (which I am not doing nearly enough of so far and I only have until April for them) My mom will be in Boulder for most of Jan-March so that frees me up to ski on Wed.

Here is a run down of my basic (crazy) schedule

Monday: 2 pilates classes and a weight lifting class
Tuesday: Pilates class and STS Chest, Shoulders & Biceps
Wed: Ski and Pilates class
Thursday: Pilates Class and STS Back & Biceps
Friday: I am in Boulder can possibly do some form of outdoor/indoor cardio
Saturday: STS Legs + Ab circuit
Sunday: Rest or Stretch

So do you guys see any where I can add in the Shock Cardio (realistically??) I guess I could do a HIit on tues and/or thursday or Saturday but don't want to wear my legs out for the following day of skiing. I do think I should keep one day of rest/stretch in on most weeks to avoid the possibility of overtraining. I will probably ski one day each week end with the family as well. I am trying to find places to put in more cardio as I am not getting nearly enough in as it is...

ANY HELP WOULD BE APPRECIATED!

Well, I played around a little ...
There were a couple of tricks I used that might work for you. One was changing the order of the workouts, changing how I handled rest days, and sometimes planning on a nine day period rather than a seven day period. I could do the two upper body splits next to each other, because the muscles were not the same. I’d do larger muscles first when possible (chest/back then bi/tri). Then, I’d have at least two days break and do Legs. Doing Back next to Legs did not work well, and doing small muscles next to Legs was a problem (my forearms/grip are usually first to be exhausted). But, using one weekend for upper body, doing up to two intense Cardio Coach workouts in the middle, and using the second weekend for a really intense Legs workout was fine. In your situation I might even do Legs and then one of the shorter HIIT. If your weight lifting class is mainly demonstration and you can use lighter weights, it might be a nice muscle relaxer.

If you go for seven days, it might look like this:

Sat: Ski with family, STS Legs, Abs
Sun: light skiing, Shock Cardio or HIIT
Monday: 2 pilates classes and a weight lifting class (day off of STS)
Tuesday: Pilates class and STS Chest, Shoulders & Biceps
Wed: Ski and Pilates class and STS Back/Biceps
Thursday: Pilates Class, Family Ski, short HIIT
Friday: in Boulder: rest for the weekend! Walk around to stay loose.

I personally find that I can do short HIIT with Legs as long as I don’t push my legs the next day. It does cut into the level of effort for one or the other of the workouts, but that might look like this:

Sat: Ski with family, STS Legs, Shock Cardio HIIT
Sun: ski with family
Monday: 2 pilates classes and a weight lifting class; HIIT if you like
Tuesday: Pilates class and STS Back/Biceps
Wed: Ski and Pilates class, Shock Cardio if you are not tired from skiing
Thursday: Pilates Class, Family Ski, Chest Shoulders Triceps
---> Gives: three STS, Two Shock Cardio, three family skiis, one rest day, one lighter day.

If you go for a two week view of your program, it might look like this. I put a line break after completing each of the three STS dvds. Also, I added more light days, because you are so active and you’ll make better gains with STS if you have more rest rather than less.

Sat: Ski with family, STS Legs, Abs
Sun: light skiing with family, some stretching
Monday: 2 pilates classes and a weight lifting class; Shock Cardio HIIT
Tuesday: Pilates class and Shock Cardio – non HIIT style
Wed: Ski and Pilates class; STS Chest, Shoulders & Biceps
Thursday: Pilates Class, Family Ski
Sat: Ski with family, STS Back/Biceps
---> Gives: Three STS, Two Shock Cardio, three family skiis, one rest day, one light day

Sun: light skiing with family only, some stretching
Monday: 2 pilates classes and a weight lifting class; Shock Cardio low impact
Tuesday: Pilates class and STS Legs
Wed: Ski and Pilates class and Shock Cardio HIIT
Thursday: Pilates Class, Family Ski, STS Back/Biceps
Sat: Ski with family, STS Chest, Shoulders & Biceps
Sun: light skiing only
---> Gives: Three STS, Two Shock Cardio, four family skiis, one rest day, two light days

Merry Christmas Eve!Which is my favorite day of the holiday..when all the anticipation is still so high...

Janey: yes Monday is all classes that I teach. I have thought of adding in a Shock Cardio on that day as well but it is a long day already...I understand Joey's feeling completely! It might be good to wait a few days as long as Molly is ok and enjoy her one last Christmas and allow everyone to say their goodbyes. Maybe that is what she wants as well....Hugs to you during this time and I hope that you surround yourself with the love we all feel for you to help you through this transition time.

Shoegal: Christmas is so fun with my lovely daughters! It is such a joy to create the magic of Christmas for them and it fills the season with new meaning for me. Actually I really get into all the holidays! I love to decorate as well and imbue the whole house with the feeling of the holiday. It is so much fun for me that I think the girls pick up on my joy and that makes them happy to! I think I like your idea of adding in some extra cardio when I can 20 minutes here and there could help out. And I won't try to stress to much about it. I think I get so trapped in doing a rotation they way other people do but in reality they don't fit my schedule. It is silly to stress out about it and that won't help me out either!

Shadowpup: I wasn't exactly clear what you were saying and I am very interested in it. I think you were suggesting to load the STS Weights into 3 days in a row? It actually works for my schedule to split into them into t/th/sat because those are the days I am home and can do the workouts here. I will ski on Wed and one day a weekend with the family. Haven't set an exact day we like to be flexible for good days and energy levels of all 4 of us..I would love to hear more of your thoughts when you get a chance..no hurry with the holidays..

I am going to be cooking all day and making cookies for Santa. I will try to get in P90X Kenpo if I get a chance, but have a party at 4pm and need to have all dinner done before hand or at least prepped. Somehow I managed to forget one important ingredient in each recipe yesterday while shopping! Considering our remoteness this is no small problem so I had to send DH out on an emergency grocery run and know bitting my finger nails waiting for him to get back....

Have a wonderful day Christmas everyone!

Merry Christmas Eve Ladies. I've been a little busy with holiday and family stuff so I missed a few days.

I read through the posts and first for Janie: my heart goes out to you. First, a challenging week with Sid and Tina and now your little Molly is not doing well. I agree with the rest of the gang, it really sounds like Sid needs some help and he may require care that is more intensive than a once or twice a week visit to a therapist. After reading about Molly, I have to go find Ripken and bury my head in his fur and breath deep........Okay, I'm back. Wow--I'm just overwhelmed with emotion for you Janie. BIG (((((HUGS))))). I hope you can relax a bit and enjoy Christmas. I will keep you in my prayers tonight at Christmas Mass.

Shoegal: I don't know, we might have to have a Christmas decoration intervention for you. Step back every once in a while and soak in the beauty of what you've done. It sounds fantastic.

Laura: your workout schedule looks mighty intense to me. God bless Shadowpup for taking on the challenge of helping you with some different ideas for rotations. I'm not sure I'd know where to begin. Sounds like your DH has a little something special planned for your Christmas. I hope you have a great day with your family.

Shadowpup: It sounds like you have everything ready for Christmas as well--and you've stayed on top of your workouts. I, alas, have missed a day this week and last week, but for the most part have stuck with the hellish rotation that I put together. Merry Christmas to you.

Speaking of the hellish rotation: today was Drill Max. 78 minutes later and I'm thinking that I'm probably not going to add PUB to the workout today. I missed it yesterday, let it go. Yesterday afternoon/last night, DH and I went to see my aunt, uncle and cousin who live in the Fredericksburg area as well. Had a nice visit and an excellent dinner. Probably ate a little too much but that is okay. Today, I finished wrapping presents and will be heading up the Circle in a little bit to take Ripken's Bogey buddy his Christmas present. Tonight I will go to the Teen Christmas Program at church with my neighbors and then Christmas Mass. I can't get Joe to do the church thing. I like to go this time of year to remember and reflect on what this holiday is really about.

I know everyone is turning to their festivities. I just want to let you know how blessed I feel to be part of this group and I wish each of you a Merry Christmas. May we all find a new workout dvd or piece of exercise equipment under our tree in the morning.
~michelle

Yea! I just met up with the UPS guy and got my SHOCK CARDIO!!!
He was very nice and gave me a $10 gift certificate to Starbucks, because I usually meet him somewhere as he doesn't like the difficult treck to my house!

Shadowpup:we must have posted at the same time because when I came on here to tell everyone that I got my DVD's I saw your prior post! I really, really appreciate the time you put into helping me figure this out. I read through it quickly and I am about to read it again. I think I will play around with the idea of a 9 day cycle, which would allow me to get in more cardio AND more rest days....although that first rotations looked good too...Thank you, thank you, thank you for helping me to think outside of the box to get some good solutions!

Michelle: nice to hear from you on Christmas Eve! Now we have all checked in and wished one another Happy Holidays, so nice!:D Have a great service at Church. Great job on Drill Max on Christmas Eve too!

Well just had to share! No one else would understand my excitement for MORE DVD's But I really feel like a little girl inside who just got what she wanted for Santa Clause and I haven't felt that way in a very long time!

Molly Situation: Good News!

Everyone was saying their goodbyes to Molly at Christmas. So sad, some tears, and many memories because of her. I kept thinking since she smelled so badly it was her Kidney problem, but it really smelled bad, so I checked her teeth and low and behold, she had black around her gums. I thought it could be her Kidney problem but man, I bet it was a tooth problem.

She had a vet appt. this morning, and the vet told us that they want to get blood and test it to see where she is at with her Kidney disease and that she felt it was her teeth that is the main concern here. But, she will know more after the tests come in. She found Molly has an infection with one of her molder teeth with plack build up, and Mon. they will extract it and give her antibiotics starting today twice a day.

I cringe every time I think that one hour before her appt. to put her to sleep, we called it off. But, I'm sure the doctor wouldn't have just put her to sleep without a final check up. Right?

We are in 7th heaven today, and counting our blessings to have our little Molly with us for awhile longer. We will however, find out more on whats going on Monday. The Vet thinks things will be fine.

Whoo, what a couple of weeks! So much drama!

I need to go, take a hot bath, settle down with Molly, read...Company is gone and now relax time.

Hope everyone had a fantastic Christmas, I know we had the best ever. Joey just now got our mail and we got Shock Cardio. Will look through them tonight. YEAH!

Will catch up on posts later, K?

Janie

Last edited:
Molly Situation: Good News!

Everyone was saying their goodbyes to Molly at Christmas. So sad, some tears, and many memories because of her. I kept thinking since she smelled so badly it was her Kidney problem, but it really smelled bad, so I checked her teeth and low and behold, she had black around her gums. I thought it could be her Kidney problem but man, I bet it was a tooth problem.

She had a vet appt. this morning, and the vet told us that they want to get blood and test it to see where she is at with her Kidney disease and that she felt it was her teeth that is the main concern here. But, she will know more after the tests come in. She found Molly has an infection with one of her molder teeth with plack build up, and Mon. they will extract it and give her antibiotics starting today twice a day.

I cringe every time I think that one hour before her appt. to put her to sleep, we called it off. But, I'm sure the doctor wouldn't have just put her to sleep without a final check up. Right?

We are in 7th heaven today, and counting our blessings to have our little Molly with us for awhile longer. We will however, find out more on whats going on Monday. The Vet thinks things will be fine.

Whoo, what a couple of weeks! So much drama!

I need to go, take a hot bath, settle down with Molly, read...Company is gone and now relax time.

Hope everyone had a fantastic Christmas, I know we had the best ever. Joey just now got our mail and we got Shock Cardio. Will look through them tonight. YEAH!

Will catch up on posts later, K?

Janie

This is so wonderful, Janie! I'm really glad - what a terrific Christmas present!!! And no kicking yourself for what might have been. Everything worked out beautifully, and the vet also would likely have noticed the tooth problem. You've done everything right :D

Laura, my turn to post at the same time! I missed your good news about Shock Cardio. Glad to hear it! Mine is still stuck with UPS, due on the 29th. SIGH. Hope you and your girls had a wonderful Christmas :D Tell us about it, and also the workouts :eek::eek::eek:

More later, all, just wanted to check in to see how everyone was doing :)

Watched all the Shock Cardio yesterday except for only 3: MMA: Fusion, Cardio Core Circuit, and Circuit Blast. Both of the Steps I love and I can't wait to do the Heavy Bag Workout. Been waiting for that one it seems forever. I'll most likely start out with that. All the MMA's look good and the Travel Fit is awesome. We'll be doing that one on our travels and at home. OMG! The Hitt's are fantastic! Just the right amount of time. All the DVD's have fresh moves, or familiar moves placed uniquely where it will get you working hard. A job well done by Cathe and her team and worth waiting for.

Just now finished viewing all the DVD's. Can't wait to get going on them. Will begin these wonderful series ASAP. Tomorrow sounds good to me! LOL

I'm a stickler for detail, and I might be mistaken, but I think, Cathe has a little more on top than normal. She definitely has more makeup (smoother face). That's a good thing, we all need changes sometimes, makes us feel better about ourselves and updated/refreshed. She's always been beautiful, inside and out.

We wont' be going to Vegas for New Years, instead we'll wait until March I think. For now anyway, until we know for certain what is going on with our Little Molly.

Laura
, Did the emergency grocery run go OK? I'm thinking everything went well.

Michelle, Drill Max is a really tough workout, you were wise to let go of PUB. Glad to see you had a great time with your relatives. How was the teen Christmas program? I can remember Christmas Mass, so I know you must have enjoyed that. It's always so beautiful Maybe one day Joe will join you, you never know. I constantly bury my head in Molly's fur. Not everything is good yet, but will know more Monday. It looks like it will be good news. Have to keep our fingers crossed. Thanks for the hug, it was needed. How was your festivities on Christmas day?

Deborah, Thanks for the vote of confidence. Tomorrow we'll know more on how she is doing, and that gosh awful tooth that's giving her life pain, will be gone. YEAH!

Will peek in again later,

Janie

Last edited:
Well everything is slowly returning back to normal! We had a fabulous, fabulous Christmas! Christmas Eve dinner turned out perfectly! The girls had a wonderful Christmas day! Christmas night our radiant floor stopped working, we don't even realize how much it actually does heat the house until it isn't working! Luckily we have our wood stove but it has been so cold we could barely keep the house around 55. So me and the girls went to a friends house yesterday around noon and spent the night there while Bo stayed home and kept the wood stove cranking. The plumber is fixing it right now as I type so hopefully it will be fine. It was much warmer today and a beautiful day.

Exercise report: nothing Christmas Eve or Christmas Day. Kenpo X yesterday and so far a 55 minute snowshoe today. I am going to try and get Legs and Back in today so I can finish up this P90X and start getting ready for STS and Shock Cardio. But I am tired, I didn't sleep well at my friends house and you guys won't believe this but I am sick again! Yep that's right I woke up Christmas day with a sore throat and now a sinus infection. I am going to call the Dr tomorrow and go see if I can get some anti biotics because this is ridiculous!

JANEY: THE BEST CHRISTMAS GIFT EVER>>>YOUR LITTLE MOLLY!! Enjoy her and I will be thinking of you tomorrow! I am excited for Shock Cardo as well but will have to fit them in when I can.....ski season is the priority but I can do the shock cardio when it is to cold or windy outside to ski or snowshoe...ahhh so many ways to exercise and so little time!:eek:

Shadowpup: Merry Christmas to you to! My girls had a wonderful christmas! They woke us up way to early on Christmas morning, bringing their stocking into our bed where we could watch their delight at seeing all the little gifts Santa brings them! There was no containing their excitement as they told us about the GIANT reindeer that Santa had put under the tree for the both of them. There was also a smaller Reindeer for Sophia and a jump rope for Eliza and a Music stand for the both of them -- all from Santa! They were such good girls this year that they got a little more than usual from Santa!:rolleyes: Then we have a nice cooked breakfast together before we open the rest of the gifts.. Bo gave me some beautiful gold earrings with semi-precious stones. They are very elegant and classy. He also gave me a new iPhone, my old one was on the fritz. It was a complete surprise as I hadn't even noticed he had grabbed my old one and took it to the Apple Store on Christmas Eve~! Over all a very nice, quite Christmas at home!

Merry Christmas to Shoegal and Michelle..can't wait to hear from you guys!

Hi ladies. Been a little distracted, enjoying the holiday with my family. Right now I am visiting my parents, sisters, and nieces. Took a break from exercise yesterday and today. Tomorrow morning, sister and I will do some cardio and then start our 1RMs. She has previewed just about all the Shock Cardios. I've watched about 10 minutes of HIIT 30-30, then my dad asked me to help him set up on FACEBOOK. So, that's what I did. He is enjoying learning how to use Facebook and looking for friends and relatives. Much more important to spend some time with him. Shock Cardio will happen.

Had a wonderful Christmas day with Joseph and Ripken. Janie--what a great Christmas miracle with your little Molly. There really is something magical about Christmas day, I think.

Laura: Sounds like despite all the hassles last week, Christmas turned out perfectly for you guys. So happy for you and your family.

Shadowpup: Just another day or two and you will have your Shock Cardio too. You've still got that anticipatory excitement thing going which is kind of fun.

Shoegal: hope your Christmas was great.

~michelle

Sounds as if everyone had a nice Christmas - it is so good to hear.

Janie - Wonderful about Molly - that tooth is probably what kept her from eating. Hopefully the vet on Monday will set everything to right and she'll be with you and happy awhile longer. So great about Shock Cardio - and you watched them all!! Funny how much fun it is to just watch them!!

Michelle - sounds as if your Christmas was very busy - and it sounded just lovely. Spending time with people you care about is one of the best gifts of the season. Was there any snow left? You are right about Christmas Decoration Intervention. Hello, my name is Shoegal and I have a Christmas Decor addict.

Laura - It was a great Christmas for you too. How wonderful it sounded with the girls running in with their presents. Yes - it was a great Christmas for them - Santa was very generous - Bo was too! I'm glad you get into the decorations too and I am always thinking that Rex really appreciates it - he says he does but well, he also says he could make do with much less. So sorry to hear of your sore throat. I hope you recover from whatever it is very quickly this time - you've certainly had your share of sickness this year.

Shadowpup - Wow I'm coming to you with my rotation problems. That was so nice of you to put all that effort into it. Frankly - I was a little stumped by Laura's problem. So how did your Christmas turn out? Hope you enjoyed yourself.

My goodness - but didn't Christmas come fast. There was just no time - at all to do anything. I kept thinking - gee - I'll do this, this and this tomorrow morning - tomorrow morning comes and nothing got done. I got home Christmas Eve - and CLEANED right before church. Went to mass at 4pm - came home and WRAPPED all of DH's gifts!!! This took me forever and a day -Rex kept checking in to see when he could start cooking dinner - and I said - wait 5 more minutes. Wait another 5 minutes - just WAIT!!! So I finally finish - and gave up on the tree - it was done enough I thought. I pushed it into place and left the box of ornaments sitting in the room along with all of the wrapping paper. We opened everything from each other Christams Eve - and YES!!! I did get a couple new Christi Taylor workouts!!! Yea!! Passed out I was so exhausted afterwards. Christmas morning we opened up the gifts we got from my family. I got ready to go my mother's to help with dinner and Rex went to have brunch with his sisters. Rex came out for dinner later on and we ate there at my Mom's house and visted with everyone. It was midnight before I made it home. Again - just plain old exhausted and I really don't know how I drove the hour home. We went to see a wonderful train display yesterday and my mother and sisters came out to see my Christmas decorations and for dinner and a nice visit. Today - I told DH that I intended to all of the things I didn't get to do before and finished Claire and :eek::eek::eek::eek: decorated a wee bit more. A few final finishing touches - believe me - I could do more - I still have more - but I'm finished, finally this year. Whew!!! Wrapped gifts for Rex's family, tried to beautify all the gifts for his family since they're big on that - and we went to my sister-in-law's house for the gift exhange. Rex's family does a grab bag - so we opened up there and had some refreshments - watched a movie - now I'm home. I had a raging headache most of the day - I don't know why. I feel better now. No workouts - at all - unfortunately but Monday there will be some Shock Cardio going on for sure.

Wanted to check in tonight and see how everyone's holiday went. Will check in tomorrow. Good night! Anybody else out there tired?:p

Shoegal, you put so much into Christmas, it’s great you had such a wonderful time! We really need pictures of your decorating. With so many family activities, it’s not surprising you were tired. Sounds like a lot of fun, and very neat that you’re close enough with Rex’s family that you have all these mixed activities. Was the train display a family thing, or is it local … ? BTW, entirely relate to decorating just a wee bit more, to finish the job. There was a box of decorations out, right? If they’d been bulbs, I’d’ve been out there with a pickaxe to get them in the frozen ground –that’s actually happened : ) Loved your list of Christmas decoration resolutions. You can think of them as holiday decorations, and then you have til New Year’s Eve! : ) And today is your Shock Cardio; let us know how you like it. People seem to be enjoying the Athletic Step.

Laura, what a fabulous Christmas – it’s your attitude that made it happen! So many would be complaining about the cold house, having to split up, but not you :D:D:D What a terrific idea to get the girls giant reindeer, and something musical too. And Bo, sneaking out your iphone, very neat :) But take care of that flu or whatever has gotten you again. Hopefully Bo’s tooth is now repaired and feeling good, and the truck is in good shape also. Do you have to work this coming week?

Michelle, sounds like you are having a terrific Christmas too – relaxing and home oriented. Very neat that your dad is getting interested in Facebook! Bet he's getting a real kick out of the extra connectivity with family. That should be a fun way to keep up, share photos, and so on.

Janie, thinking of you and Molly, still, and good luck with that checkup today! Let us know right away. Doesn’t it seem as though we’re having a series of tooth problems here lately … ?

All, we also had a wonderful Christmas. I feel very lazy and spoiled! No ‘official’ work, none at all, since Thursday. DH has been finishing up house projects and a wonderful clip; he’s gotten baseboard on the floors, put trim in spots I’d stopped even thinking about – it’s great and looks very nice! The houseplants have a few lights, and it looks festive with our DNA-staircase flashing over it all. I’ve gone through closets and reorganized, am getting caught up on my paperwork, did a little repotting of my houseplants – just general puttering around. We had just enough snow (followed by a consistently below freezing temps) to make it safe riding weather. The snow adds traction, and if it stays frozen rather than a freeze/thaw, there’s no slick ice. Atreides was an outstanding boy to take good care of his mom in the woods when we went out, and Picante did fine in the pastures (he’s bigger, more nervous, when it’s slick and we stayed where he’d feel confident of the footing). BTW, the calenders were a huge hit. I made one for my grandmother and one for DH, both very different. It's always fun when people like the gifts; so many in my family are difficult, but this year it all worked out very nicely.

For me, it was definitely an exercise-themed Christmas! Although, my DH did get me a lovely ring and goreous necklace, delicate with heart-shaped gems; and, took me on a surprise trip to the local university to pick out orchids!!! They are beginning to flower - gorgeous!!! Also, used some of Janie's wonderful soap. It really feels good on the skin :) Most other gifts were fitness oriented., and all things I'll use. Medicine balls of various sizes, FitDeck cards for travel, workouts – TRX, a Mindy that uses the medicine ball, Aerobox. I splurged online and order a med ball rack, plate rack, and dumbbell rack. The dumbbell rack is here already, and all put together. It’s just the right size to hold all the dumbbells except of course my Select Techs. My workout space looks much nicer already! And I have enough space to do proper kicks again! Can't wait for the other racks to show up.

There will soon be another addition to the fitness equipment. You know I’ve been pushing the heavy strength routine, fewer reps/more weight? I did a Legs session and MAXED OUT my barbell (posted that on the STS thread here) :eek::eek::eek: It actually looks like it is starting to bend :eek::eek::eek: Had to go to weighted gloves to stay under the 140 limit on the bar and still increase my lift (gulp). This weekend I hunted online for a stronger one, went with a CAP rated to 250. It may take awhile to get here, probably it’s time to do the rest of my 1RMS and switch styles anyway.

Workouts have been good – am focused on learning Amy’s In The Ring so as to know it well enough to do it with intensity. Got in two STS workouts, and recorded a few 1RMs. I’ve eaten more sugar than feels good. It is giving me a bit of a headache, to be honest. Shock Cardio will help me get that out of my system - due tomorrow, but perhaps it will be early?

Joey and I took Molly in the Vet today. Before the tooth extraction because we wanted to see her blood test first. The Vet first looked at her tooth, and said it wasn't that bad at all. Then looked at her blood work and it wasn't so good. He said to be honest, she only has 3-4 weeks at best to live. During that time she wouldn't be able to keep anything down and she would be throwing up what we tried to feed her.

Joey and I knew, now, that it was time to say goodbye. We didn't want her to suffer anymore than she had too.

We took her in our arms and told her how much we loved her, that she is going to go to sleep now and won't have to throw up and feel sick anymore. That she was the bestest doggie in the whole wide world. We asked her when she gets to this really beautiful place, to think of us and know we are thinking of her. Also when it is time for us to go to sleep, to please be there to great us.

She went to sleep very quickly with love all around her. Our Little Molly.

Molly had a wonderful life. She was our traveling dog. When we went hiking, she lead the way, and she would always get us back home. Smart, kind and a gentle soul. She could sit up, that was her favorite trick to get treats. She slept always with me during the night. She was fed her favorite foods. If she was cold we would warm her up, if she was warm, we would cool her down with water. She has a million stuffed animals to bite and shake. We spoiled her with all our love.

Molly gave us joy all the time she was with us. She was made just for Joey and I. And we appreciated her with all our hearts. There will never be another Molly, not ever. This was a once in a life time doggie.

380286323.jpg

Joey and I need to go to Vegas. It's been really sad around here lately. We will leave Wednesday and be back in a few weeks.

Will check in today from time to time,

Janie

Last edited:
Janie - I am so very sorry about Molly. It is a sad day to have lost her. You made the decision you had to - and you made the decision that was right for Molly. She clearly was a wonderful and great gift to have had her in your lives and you repaid her by giving her everything she could possibly need including great care - she clearly had a wonderful life and she was a very beautiful little pup. I know that there is nothing I can say that can take away the hurt that you must feel - but I want you to know that you and Joey are in my prayers and I'm sending hugs your way.

Janie, also sent you a PM ... doing the right thing is so painful... and yet, how strong you were to do your best for your lovely little Molly. She trusted you and Joey, and loved you with every bit of herself, her whole life long, and she was right to do so. Thank you for sharing her picture, and telling us about her life with you. She's tucked away in my heart now too ... So grieve for her, and comfort one another for your loss, and also keep reminding yourselves that what you said to Molly is true : she's in a beautiful place without pain, and she'll be there to greet you. Think of her playing now with my Robin and Shadow! They have probably piled up an endless supply of stuffed animals up there, and are happily removing squeakers :) And I hope Shadow will not teach Molly to nibble on Robin's tail, though her new one no doubt always grows back ... we will check on them some day.

Molly had her time to be born, and live with you in happiness - what a blessing for you both! And though it became her time to go, she'll never really leave you, you know?

I am so very sorry for your loss.

((Hugs)).

Last edited:
Oh Janie I am so sorry for your loss....I am crying now for you and Joey...thank you for sharing her picture and telling us about her. She was indeed a special dog made just for Joey and you. I know how hard it is to lose a special 4 legged friend. Take comfort in how carefully and thoughtfully you both were able to be with her in the end. I am so glad you were able to have one last Christmas with her. I love thinking of her in that special place....Take care of yourself..

well I finally went to the DR today. I was hoping he would give me some anti-biotics. I am sure this is a sinus infection now, but he wanted to take some blood work first. So I will get the results in on Wed. and made a follow up...

I taught pilates today, my Total tone class where I did a mixture of some P90X exercises for legs, shoulder, biceps, triceps, abs in 3 different rounds with a 1:30 minute cardio blast in between. I used much lighter weights than I normally would as this is supposed to be my rest week....than I debated back and forth about doing a Hiit workout..finally decided to do one. I thought I was going to do the 30/30 but the 40/20 is actually the first workout so ended up doing that one. And holly cow is all I have to say! I wasn't able to do all 40 seconds on all the sections as it is mostly on the step and I was getting pretty sloppy which didn't feel all that safe....I have to say I LOVE IT and it gives me something to work up to. Plus I sort of felt like I wanted more or longer I should say but this will be a perfect addition for me to throw in some intense cardio into my week when I don't have 60 minutes to devote to cardio....

my plan for this rest week is to just do Shock Cardio and my classes....in stead of the P90X rest week workouts and then next week to do my 1RM and then start STS!!

Thank you all for your kind support through this awful time. Couldn't sleep so, wanted to make sure that you all know you are so appreciated. It does help/matter very much. Will be in touch while at Vegas, but won't be able to post once we leave Wedn. until Friday I think.

I plan on taking an extra step to Vegas to keep at Dan's house for when we visit and continue with our workouts. I can't wait to do the Shock Cardio's while we are there. On weight lifting days, I think Dan has some exercise equipment, and if I need to, will go to the gym.

Are you enjoying Shock Cardio?

Laura, I've heard about radiant floors. I didn't know they could go out. I'm glad your friends took you and the girls in. My Gosh!

Snowshoeing (I can dream, right?) Do enjoy that luxury.

Oh Laura, sick again? I sure hope you get better soon, and please let us know how things go at the docs Wedn. (((((hugs to ya))))). That has got to be frustrating.

Michelle, I bet you enjoyed parents, sisters, and nieces. Did you and your sister get your 1RM's done yet? How's your dad doing with Facebook?

Christmas is magic, I have to agree. Had a special one this year.:)

Shoegal, Shock Cardio are a lot of fun to watch!:rolleyes: I bet you were tired after Christmas. So glad you got some Christy Taylor, she is really good. But, I guess you already know that. I think next year you ought to start decorating when Shadowpup starts planting her bulbs. LOL You may get finished by Christmas!;)

Which Shock Cardio have you done so far? Joey and I will wait to do any exercises until we get to Vegas.

Deborah, The joys of Christmas sounds wonderful in your family. Even taking your horses out for a ride with snow. That's amazing! You are such a good Mommy to your animals. So glad the calendars were a success. But, how could they not be? They must be beautiful and so personal too!

I gave the necklaces I made, to my grown up girls and they seemed to love them. I'm so glad. Your Christmas gifts sounds lovely. I bet your hubby has good taste. Orchids, wow, how beautiful.:) Where will you put them in your home. Are they hard to keep alive? Anything special you have to do to them?

Your various exercise equipment I'm sure will be used. That is just wonderful and lots of ways to confuse the body as well. You are going to love the racks for the med balls and weight. Debbie, I'm so WOW with your increase weight doing legs. Yes, when the bar looks like it's bending, it's time to get a better one. WOW! So proud of you.

Laura, Are you sure you should be teaching classes feeling so low? I'm concerned for you. And you did a workout? Girl, you are made of stone. How do you do it? You sure make me want to do HITT. I can't wait. I want to start STS too with of course the Shock Cardio. Most likely will start on New Years day.

Well, I need something warm to snuggle up against, so I'm going to try a kitty or two.

Talk later,

Janie

Last edited:
I did Athletic Step yesterday. It was late too but thought - gee I have got to do it. It was great. Cathe surprised me with the choreography - I thought perhaps it would be scaled back - but it was fun - and interesting and intense. She taught everything quickly and with very little repetition - just the way I like it. I was able to pick up everything. When she put all the combos together - she did them 2 times through and there was a lot of impact - I was sweating. The step portion was about 37 minutes long - which I thought was kind of short and I would have liked if it went on just a big longer - after she finished the combos she tacked on these misc moves - I think for added intensity but I also thought it was an attempt to make the workout a bit longer. I think one more combo would have been a better choice. All in all I liked it a lot. Now I'm dying to try the 40/20 HIIT Laura talked about - I read what other people thought of it and it was along the same lines - so they absolutely loved it - can't wait. :) I keep thinking I have all these new workouts and it is killing me - I need to do them - I think if I could do them all in a row - all day long I probably would.

Shadowpup - well, you put it into perspective for me - I have this vision of you outside with a pickaxe and a box of bulbs - lol :eek: - that is me with the Christmas decorations - I'm glad there is someone out there that understands. I think it is officially done now - and yes, there was still a box of ornaments left out - they was absolutely nothing I could do but stick them on the tree. You have got the racks - gee - how many medicine balls do you have that would require an entire rack to hold them? I have 2. I do have a dumbell rack. I got a bit of equipment but I'm thinking nowhere near your level. Enjoy them - it is great to have your space all organized for exercise - and I know it is fun too just to have them. ;)

Laura - Let us know how your blood work turns out - and get some rest - take good care of yourself - but you are still able to get the workouts in - sometimes I think exercising helps to work the sick out. I like your plan - and to put a little bit of intense cardio instead of long steady state cardio I think is something different and it might be a terrific change of pace. So finally done with P90x? Would you do it again or are you ready to move on?

Janie - I think a little trip is probably what the doctor ordered - so I hope you get away and enjoy Vegas. Don't worry about anything at home - just clear your mind and have a bit of fun. I've never been - hopefully one day. I think at least one time I should see the bright lights of Vegas. How many time have you been there Janie? Do you gamble - or just take in the sunshine? I think you are right - decorating when the bulbs are being planted - lol!! I still won't get done!

Michelle - still busy - are you finishing your rotation or did you do a bit of Shock Cardio?

Okay - going to start my day - hope you all have a nice one.

Shoegal, Glad to see you enjoying the Shock Cardio's. When we get to Vegas will be doing them and the STS series as well. It will be great and much needed. Ate way to much during the Holidays.

Joey and I use to gamble a little, but you just never get ahead. So, we don't do that anymore. Instead we look at the beautiful sites and go out with Dan's invitations to resturants and indulge. You should really try getting there, it's a different world. But this trip will be more like a health one this time. Lots of walking, hiking exercising and using up energy to relieve some of the sadness that hit our way.

I'm bringing a step with me to leave at Dan's so when we do come for future visits, I can do some step work. I love them.

I thinking of doing one of the Shock Cardio everyday while I'm there, I might like that. But, I also will do my weight lifting to. Too much? We'll see.

We are leaving very early in the morning, so will talk again when we get there.

Take care everyone,

Janie

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.