Lurker's Invitation

... and back to the great bathing suit search

Okay, back from dinner :D

That was a good place to pause, because the Great Bathing Suit search went on like that for quite awhile. The afternoon faded to evening. The sunset over the water was gorgeous. I saw it from quite a long way from my hotel, as I was working the shops over there - the water was a silvery blue-green, orange mixed with purple in the sky, palm trees waving, and the sounds of luaus and street musicians and happy tourists everywhere. Plus traffic, sigh, but even Hawaii has cars. It seems less objectionable over there, and they weren't moving very fast. It is considered bad form to hit tourists.

Finally I gave up on the search and decided I could simply wear shorts in the water if I chose a spot far enough away from the hotel, maybe with a tee shirt over a bikini top. And, since I was out and a long way from the hotel, decided to hunt for gifts. Picked up golf balls for DH, marked with the Hawaiian islands. Found shell necklaces and macadamia nuts - decided to get those later. Ditto the kona coffee. Fingered leis, looked at postcards, checked out the koa wood carvings. Then I hit one shop that had quite a few very nice and very inexpensive priced Hawaiian dresses and shirts, and decided it would be fun to get one for the reception/luau. There was a gorgeous purple print with flowers all over it, and a neckline/length that wouldn't make me blush or look like a threat to the spouses, so I tried that on along with a few others. It fit perfectly! Whew! On the way out of the changing room, there was a wall with ... bathing suits ... and they actually looked pretty good. Simple one piece, deep blue with a floral pattern, a little extra fabric on the chest for modesty's sake, and no weird ribbons on the legs or arms, or strangely odd cuts in the fabric, or things to tie that require assistance. Thought to myself, well, won't hurt to try this one on ... and it actually fit! Then matters snowballed, and I found myself exchanging my plastic for the dress, the swim suit, sun tan lotion, a beach coverup/skirt, and a short waterproof skirt that could be worn in the water or just plain worn over the suit. The clerk got excited and threw in a shell necklace for free. The amazing thing was, combined, it cost less than what I had thought I'd have to spend on just the suit, probably because I'd wandered out of the touristy area and over towards where the university students shopped.

And so, after walking several miles, I found myself equipped to face my colleagues, properly clothed for business plus Hawaii. This is now pause three :)

Last edited:
Today was two pilates classes and P90X Chest & Back. Felt sore from yoga yesterday especially in the obliques and hamstrings, which is par for the course for the P90X yoga....Still not up to speed but going to get there..

Janey: so you have Jari Love too? What do you think about her workouts? My mom always took me to the Atlanta ballet for the Nutcracker growing up and still takes me when we are together for the holidays, so I have seen many, many productions and this on really was the best one so far..Amazing and the ballerinas are incredible, they make lifting their legs up by their ears look so effortless that I think so many people don't truly appreciate their skill.

Michelle: not surprised that your rotation is killing you! It would kill me too! The funny thing is that usually my DH doesn't seem interested in things like theater or ballet and makes grumpy sounds when he is supposed to attend. So I didn't get him a ticket this year and he was very upset with me!;) I pointed out to him that he doesn't seem to enjoy those type of activities very much and I got a slew of denial in return. I think more than anything that he felt excluded and didn't like that one bit! Who knew?

Shoegal: My goodness girl! I can understand know that you made the correlation between you and Christmas and Shadowpup and her bulbs! Ya'll are both fanatical about such things! As long as you both enjoy it then I say have at it!

Shadowpup: bathing suit shopping is such a nightmare! It seems there is so little choice between the teeny-boppy/bay watch type swim wear and the total cover-up big mamma/grandma suit! Yikes fills me with dread to just think about it! I have found suits I really like at LL Bean and Athelitca. I am so large in the breast that anything I wear runs into the potentially threatening realm with other wives. I recently got an X-large bikini top that I was literally spilling out of! Where to go from there???? Anyway glad you found something you liked and was appropriate.

Ok - so I never did get back - came home and was going to knock out another tree - this one small, whimisical - but began placing other stuff. I think of it like a puzzle - and it is exciting to me to see where the pieces fit. At this point though, I am enjoying that the majority of my stuff is out there and I am just loving it. I was brushing my teeth this morning and was just looking around. So pretty - ok well, at least I think so. I especially like the tree - unlit. I think it looks the most beautiful that way. Ok enough about that.

I did Christy Taylor last night - Solid Gold Step - I'm in love with this workout too - jam packed with interesting fun combinations - all within my grasp - there is some learning involved and I'm not picture perfect but by the time we take it from the top I have them all down and that is truly FUN. :D So got the exercise in!!! Yeah!!

Shadowpup- good bathing suit story -with a happy ending. I'm glad that you enjoyed your trip. Your description of the sunsut took me there - and I was seeing it too - just wish I could have felt the warm humid breeze too. My sister is all about the swimsuits - loves, loves, loves them - she can't get enough suits - she is like that with sunglasses too! Me - I really don't like buying them - I do have several that I like but I'm never itching to go looking for a new one. If the old ones look good enough - I'll just hang onto them for awhile.

Janie - My family would open presents one at a time too!! We all would ooohhh and ahhhh over the gift and then we'd move on. There were seven of us - and it would take quite a long time. People would call the house and we'd still be at it. The person would ask how we liked their gift and we wouldn't have opened it yet. It is fun to think back on that!!! How do you like Jari Love? I like Get Ripped - much better than Slim & Lean - although the two of them are very similar.

Michelle - yes - tough rotation. How is your sister liking it? You sound as if you have really good control of your eating habits. My way of controlling it is to not have it in the house. When I lived alone I would never have any snack food - or treats because I know that I would go for it if it was there. It is harder now that Rex likes having a little bit of chips and so forth around.

Laura - The receptionist here just took her grandchildren to see the Pittsburgh Ballet's Nutcracker - she said there were some changes in it from years past - less children in the beginning which I found surprising. She said it wasn't one of her favorite productions. It sounds as if yours was fabulous.

I am going to do a bit of shopping after work and another Jari Love workout this evening. Hope everyone has a great day!!!

I'm loving all the reminiscing over Christmas pasts and preparations for Christmas day 2009. Laura, you really came up with the perfect comparison: Shoegal's Christmas decorating is like Shadowpup's bulb planting.

For those with snowy, cold weather, we are enjoying 50+ degrees in Virginia today. I overdressed for Ripken and my walkabout this morning. Off came the gloves, the ear muffs, unzipped the jacket. They'll all be back on tonight or tomorrow for sure because it is supposed to get a bit colder tonight but not horribly frigid. After our walkabout, I did powermax. So, I'm back on the rotation schedule. Like clockwork, Ripken awoke from his nap at the point of the cool down--watched me do that and then commenced with the lick down during the stretch. Silly pup. BTW, Janie, Ripken is named after Cal Ripken, the baseball player. When we got him as a pup, Joe's son gave us a list of potential names. The first on the list was "Ripken." That was as far as we got. It fits him perfectly.

Shadowpup: love the bathing suit shopping story. Sounds like you had a good time even though it was a "working" trip. And more travel this week. Ick.

I'm in countdown mode. One more day of commuting this week (tomorrow), then a day of meetings at Quantico on Thursday, and I am "off" until Jan 4th. Friday, I will finish my Christmas shopping and then begin the wrapping of presents. I'm waiting on a few things via USPS, UPS, and FedEx, but there is still plenty of time. ;)
~michelle

Well I am very embarrassed to admit this, but last night my daughter was sick, she was throwing up, and I didn't get hardly any sleep at all. So after I got them out the door with my husband for school I went up stairs to get ready to go to work....the bed looked so inviting that I told myself I would just lay down for a few minutes and the next thing I knew it was 11:30AM!:eek::eek::eek: Completely missed my class! OPPS! I have never, ever done anything like that before in my entire life! I dreaded my call to work to confess, but they were really very gracious and understanding. I guess with my cold I just really needed to sleep!

Anyway when I got up I was really very disorientated. I made myself some coffee and breakfast and watched the season finale on line of the Biggest Loser. It is really awe inspiring the amount of weight loss the contestants pulled off this season! It inspired me to get moving so I did a short snow shoe with Maggie, who hasn't gotten out much due to my cold and the cold outside. It was a relatively warm afternoon, so it was nice. Than I shoveled pathways and stairs outside, moved fire wood from the wood pile to the house. I decided to top the day off with P90X Shoulders and Arms and the Ab Ripper X. So feeling pretty good about how the day ended up even if the morning was a wash!

Shoegal: glad to hear you are enjoying the fruits of your labors! Good job getting back on track with your workouts. It is really extremely challenging this time of year isn't it?

Michelle:powermax is a weight lifting full body DVD isn't it? I am curious if you are doing 2 or 3 full body workouts with this rotation and how that feels as compared to the 2 or 3 day body split? Are you thinking of doing the 3 or 6 month STS rotation? I am leaning toward the 6 month rotation. I read the other day on the STS forum that the 6 month rotation was the way Cathe originally intended for people to do the program but thought people would not have the appropriate attention span for such a long commitment so offered the 3 month plan.

Hi to Shadowpup and Janie!

Hey is Shock Cardio out yet? I remember reading the date the 15th before! I guess I will go poke around and see what I can find out.

This morning was Muscle Max. So happy to have a weight day today. Good workout--really felt the core work at the end. Got that "it's killing me" giggle going. My husband thought I was losing it. Sometimes, you just have to laugh to get through the exercise.

Laura: during my teenage years, my parents bought and remodeled an old farmhouse. Dad put a heating system in but the primary source of heat was a good size wood stove strategically placed in the middle of the first floor which was a pretty open area. Dad cut a lot of wood and we carted and stacked. My older sister did a counted cross stitch for him that says: when you cut your own wood, you get warm twice. So true, so true. And you get a pretty good workout. I think that you are confusing powermax with powerhour. Powermax is on cardio hits and is a step workout; powerhour is a full body weight workout. I did one full body weight workout each week on this rotation plus a Body Max which hits everything (cardio, lower body, and upper) on Saturday. And I'm leaning toward the 6 month rotation even though sister wants to do the 3 month version. I just figure with work and business travel it is going to take me longer either way.

Looks like Shock Cardio may make it under our Christmas trees--yeah!

Hi to Janie, Shoegal, and Shadowpup.
~michelle

Been busy with gift wrapping and enjoying the quit time before everyone comes over.
Been faithful with our exercises and will be doing yet another Jari Love today for endurance. Friday will be doing a Cathe Endurance.

Joey went to pick up Sid. Whatever has Sid under it's spell, is being unrelenting. Poor guy.

GERD supplements are doing fantastic! I love coffee so much, but when I drink it, I can feel a little pain. Does that mean I have to stop drinking it? :(

Shoegal, Christmas sounds like the most busiest for you. Just hang in there. What else can you do? ((hugs))

Laura, Seems you are now mending from your sickness. I'm glad to hear that. You are doing great with your exercises.

I do have Jari. I use her when I need a good dose of endurance. I like her. We will be doing Get Ripped 1000 in the next few days, looking forward to the step & endurance intervals. Circuit workout maybe? I haven't done this one yet. Had to dust it off. Jeesh!

I love ballet! I just don't get to see enough of that beautiful way of expression. So glad you enjoyed the Nutcracker and you will have even more fond memories of you and your mom.;)

Shoegal, LOVE YOUR STORIES ABOUT CHRISTMAS DECORATING!:D It does sound a lot like Shadowpup and her bulbs.:D We didn't put any lights in our tree either. It is so pretty that way.

Love Christy, do enjoy those workouts. I just may pick one of hers tomorrow for my cardio. Good job on your workout. She is not easy. Enjoy Jari this evening. I like her too. It's hard work lifting a weight for that many reps.

This is getting too long for this post, so I'll do another to finish posting.

Janie

Last edited:
Michelle, we finely have much warmer weather the last couple of days. It's in the 40's. Thank goodness, but rainy. When it was so cold here a few days ago, I had my electric blanket on, now I have it on, but during the night, I take off the top cover. To hot! Same as you taking off earmuffs, mittens, unzipping. LOL:D Love the story on how Ripken got his name. Thanks for sharing. Oh, you have a lot of days to enjoy without working. How nice for you.:) I'm in countdown mode as well.

Laura, Oh you poor dear. You really must have needed that rest. How's your daughter doing? You know I love snowshoeing, hope you enjoyed it with Maggie. Good to hear you moving about as usual. But, do take it a little easier for your cold sake.:)

I think Shock Cardio will start start to be sent out on Friday and during the weekend. I Just Can't Wait!

Michelle, Oh, MM is one of my old time favorites. The giggles? That's funny. I think I remember giggles from time to time. It is better than huffing and puffing, and sounding like an organism. Every time Joey and I work hard like that, we giggle because of the way it sounds. LOL:rolleyes:

Deborah, I'm sure you are gone on another trip by now, but I'm anxious for you to finish your story. I love hearing about Hawaii and all your adventures.

Do take care everyone,

Janie

Last edited:
Today I finally got to the P90X Plyo again! It really kicked my *ss!:eek: Much harder than I remember! For some reason I kept having to drop that one last month for one reason or another which is a shame because it is one of the few P90X workouts that really feels like a cardio workout to me. If I do this rotation again I will definitely have to add more cardio into it....somehow...:confused: It just isn't enough for me to maintain my weight..

I also did 36 minute walk on the treadmill to keep the cardio up!:confused:

quite today on our check in! Hope everyone is busy with fun holiday stuff or just working out!!

Michelle: love that quote! Wish I could do that for Bo! Don't see me breaking out the needle point though! Wood chopping, stacking, moving is a big calorie burner for sure as is snow shoveling!

Janie: you made me laugh thinking of you and Joey snickering at each other's grunting! It could be a form of fore play! Hey maybe if I try that approach I can actually get Bo to workout with me! RIght now he is content just to watch!;)

I've been busy. I have less time to get everything done. My family exchanges gifts on the Sunday before Christmas since we all go to my Mother's on Sundays. If I don't have everything bought and wrapped by then - I would have to drive to everyone's home and deliver the gifts. Plus - it is Rex's Birthday on Monday!! There aren't enough hours in the day. Nearing completion though. I took some pictures of the girls so I could finish up the calendar I give to Rex every year.

Last night - I did Jari Love's Get Ripped to the Core. It was tough. This one kicked my butt a little bit - in parts of it I was out of breath and wanted to put down the weights - endless reps - whew!!! Felt good though. I believe that STS will be quite different!

Laura - sometimes you just need a nap - I hear ya - there are some days all I want is to crawl into bed a little bit. Good job on the Plyo!!

Michelle - I love Muscle Max - its a good one. We don't use our wood stove nearly as often as I would like. DH says it needs to be monitored when we use it - and it has to be cold enough.

Janie - I think Christmas is busy for everyone - and yeah - I'm hanging in there - I made up a final list for shopping - but I'm worried - but like I said - every year I get "scared" but every year I manage to make it. So it will probably be more of the same.

Hope you have a great day everyone!!

Busy,busy, busy! I taught my class this morning, 2 of my thera-bands got busted!:mad: Does anyone have a brand they find more durable? I have some Stott Pilates and Giam ones....ran down to Boulder and did some more shopping. Almost done now! A few more gifts for the girls, some yarn for their knitting and some reading books. I still have to find Sophia's santa gift! She wanted a stuffed Reindeer, Donner that was in a catalogue that is in the picture with a doll that she got last year but it is no longer available! I have been looking every where for one similar but can't find one any where! Yikes!

Then I picked up the girls and took them to their Violin lesson, quickly ran a fw more errands, picked them up and went to Boulder Ski Deals to get Eliza sized for skiing boots...dash home threw (well not literally) the girls in the bathtub. By then I was so tired I really didn't want to work out but decided to put it in and do as much as I could...so got the P90X Legs and Back done! Yea! Sometimes it is so hard to get started......and then you feel so good once you are done!

Anyway just got the kids to bed a little bit ago and now have to unload the car from all the shopping today!:confused:

Hi to everyone! Hang in there only 7 more days till Christmas! Holly cow is that right????

Shoegal, The calendar sounds lovely. I bet Rex enjoys that. Joey and I started a Jari Love workout, but didn't finish it. Too much going on with Sid. We'll do something tomorrow. Good job on your workout. Oh yes, STS is very different. YOu are going to love it.

Laura, So far only Joey has broke a band. I haven't found any that hold up any better than Cathe's. Sounds like you are almost done Christmas shopping. I hope you find a Donner Reindeer.

Running around shopping, picking up the girls...hectic kind of day. Even found time for a workout. Wow, you are super mom. Relax tonight. OK? n You deserve it.

Drive safe and be careful during these very busy times.

Janie

Anybody busy? Insane isn't it ! I had to make some phone calls regarding an order I placed to Catalina Direct for sailboat parts - it seems they gave me a packing slip listing everything but only half of the items were in there. It was maddening!! I had to stay late at work to make 2 deadlines - got home - had a quick snack - took my girls with me to the store - (Rex is out of town) and shopped until almost 9 - got home. Decided to put some finishing touches - ok - well - I thought up some things to do with areas I've already decorated. My mind is always runnng with that. I've got to put the decorating on hold to get the presents bought and wrapped. Wrapping is going to be a rather large project and I have no time to do it!!! So after messing with the decor for an hour - I went and worked out -

Christy Taylor - yes - again. I really can't say enough good things about her step workouts. Her cueing is excellent. I just get those combinations down so easily because she cues them so well - and she doesn't take a really long time to build anything either which is nice. Sometimes I could die of boredom if the workout is too repetitive.

I'll be back later - gotta go now. Hope you all have a nice relaxing day. Yeah, right?

Busy isn't the word for the amount of activity that goes on this time of year. And to top it all off, we are getting a blizzard in the midatlantic. Yesterday, was a busy day: I did IMAX2 in the morning, then got myself cleaned up and headed into Fredericksburg to finish my Christmas shopping--which I am happy to say is done. The task that took the longest was finding some new bras for me at Victoria Secret. I just hate trying on bras but those salesgirls at VS are great. I also had a $10 off coupon and my bras are getting too big around the band again, so I just got it done. Starting wrapping presents last night and discovered I had no gift tags, so out I ran to Walmart which is only about 1 1/2 miles away. My goodness, it was crazy. You'd think we were going to have a blizzard or something--oh yeah, we are.

Today is supposed to be Body Max, but I think my alternative workout is going to be shovel max. We've got about 12 inches of snow and it is still coming down. Ripken and I have walked twice. First time he wasn't sure what to make of all the snow and how is he supposed to get to the curb to piddle when he can't see the curb? And forget about squating for the serious business. Second walk, it was snowing so hard that I couldn't see 6 inches in front of my face. Lots of folks out shoveling, and dogs and kids out playing. Ripken finally figured out how to deal with all the snow and get his business done. At the moment, I'm thawing before heading out again with DH to get started on shoveling.

Kids here are supposed to be in school through Tuesday and then start Christmas break. I think they will not be going to school this week at all. It will probably be late tomorrow before they starting plowing the close-in residential areas let alone the country roads. And the school buses still won't be able to go.

In between bouts of shoveling, I'll be wrapping presents today and straightening up my home office which is a bit of a mess. Got to get organized for doing taxes next month. Hope everyone enjoys their weekend and the weather--whatever you may be experiencing.
~michelle

Hi all! I'm back from the impromptu trip last week - supposedly no more travel for TWO WHOLE WEEKS, can you believe it???

Michelle, you have it worse than us for weather this time! I hope you are doing okay with your blizzard prep. We did get a power outage but fortunately it was last night, and didn't last long. Didn't even need to get into the emergency water. With most of my relatives and friends living out of state, I've resorted to corner-cutting on gifts, and have nearly everything shipped directly. No gift wrap. Saves time, not quite as festive ... I wrap the ones that family send to me/DH, though, and that's yet to be done. And ah, Shovel Max ... it's coming, this week, I suspect. Do you alternate arms/how you hold/throw the snow? I'm finally able to do that evenly. It really helps keep the pace.

Shoegal, I entirely relate to the parallel of decorating and bulb planting. It's - well - it's just absolutely necessary, right? Lots of work, pressure, and tremendously fun and satisfying all at the same time. And beautiful when done. We're all looking forward to pics. Love that you have friends who exchange decorations with you :)

Laura, how do you manage Christmas with everything you're doing??? It's hard enough for me to keep up with nieces and nephews and family friends! Amazing. I like Jari too, as a change of pace; favorites are the two 1000 (Get Ripped 1000 and Get Extremely Ripped 1000). And, agree with you on how great it feels once you get started, even on a tough day. Glad to see you're feeling better. Those bands? If you find a good brand, let me know. The only thing I've found that works is to make sure that they hang freely with no creases, and that I keep my fingernails away from them. But they all break. Not being a business, I use the broken ones for firewalkers or those bow/arrow moves Cathe has, where we use a shorter band anyway.

Janie, yes, had another trip ... I'll do more Hawaii now that I'm home - it wll be fun to remember all that warmth. I have to confess to each of you that I had an episode in the very nice hotel gym that was probably quite childish on my part, but you will agree I had reason to feel provoked :) I need to move back a few pages to find your recent posts; did you have a good time in Oregon? More rocks? And when is your Shock Cardio supposed to arrive? Mine alas is not until 12/29.

It's fun to look back at all of our family memories of Christmas! This is what makes the season fun, isn't it??? I scanned the earlier notes and need to read more carefully. That frantic extra pack/leave/work/return/unpack thing still has me a little worn... With the fire crackling, my (very few) decorations going up, and the Christmas shopping reaching the midway point, it will be a fun reminder of why we are doing all of this. :D:D:D

Have a great day, everyone!

Hi everyone, I ended up taking yesterday off of exercise. I didn't get home until 9:45 pm with the girls coming from 2 different holiday parties after school. I let them do a quick practice on their violins (because Eliza was begging me to let her practice) even though it was so late, it is the start of their Christmas break after all! After all she was asking to practice her violin for goodness sake, not stay up and watch tv or something! I am so proud of her dedication! After I put them to bed I went to bed myself thinking to myself how nice it would be to get a good night sleep! But things don't often go as we think/hope they will do they?...

12:30 am woken up by lots of noise outside, Maggie barking at the door to go out, so I struggle out of bed and walk downstairs to let her out and see what is going on... see my husband putting gas in some guys truck... loud diesel engines running and they are shouting over the noise.... trudge back to bed but don't really fall back to sleep...2:30 am more loud diesel engines outside, come back downstairs to find out what the hell is going on. My husband's work truck is out there, a man walking to the door, turns out to be Rato, a Swiss immigrant who works for my husband sometime. I ask what in the world is going on and he tells me my husband had gotten the plow truck badly stuck on our road and had called a friend with a wench to help him out. Rato says he needs to go to sleep (he is supposed to go work with Bo early in the morning) so I set him up on the coach. This guy Matt is driving my Husbands truck and he heads off down the road again and so I try to go back to bed......but no luck, watching the clock..3am 4am..finally hear my husband come back and drift off to sleep before he comes back in...this morning I wake up get the girls breakfast (7 am) and put on a Christmas movies and tell them I am going back to bed in their room (which is much darker and quieter) Wake up around 11:30 am and come downstairs..husband is nowhere to be seen, neither is Rato so I figure they went off to work. However a friend is here to do some maintenance work on our fridge and stove. He proceeds to tell me that the friend with the wench who came to help Bo was completely wasted (which Bo didn't know when he called him) and proceeds to wreak Bo's work truck, Bo snaps (he has been under a tremendous amount of pressure lately) and pushes the guy who proceeds to punch him in the face and knocks a tooth out of my husbands head!:(:confused::mad: Overall a very bad night that is going to cost us a lot of money! Yikes! And now Bo is in a terrible mood just in time for the holidays! Can you believe it? Bo is kind of a bug-hum-bug with the holidays anyway and it is really up to me to be the Christmas Cheer Mistier but now it is going to be 100 times worse! UGH!

So anyway going to have to make the best of this bad situation somehow! I am planning on cleaning the house today so it is nice for Bo when he comes homes and going to a friend's house tonight with the girls for dinner and to make Christmas cookies. Hopefully Bo will have had enough time to cool down before we see him again. I just don't want to be around his bad mood this time of holiday nor for the girls to be around it either! Not that he will be mad at us or anything just grumpy and moody which is like a dark cloud....

I will try to get in P90X yoga if I get a chance

Last edited:
Laura, you have such a good attitude about that really unfortunate series of events ... and on so little sleep, too. :(:(:( Very sorry about such an interruption to your night. I hope your DH is okay, and that the altercations are now over with. It must be hard for everyone to have him under pressure, and now dealing with a monetary and a physical blow all at once ... not at all helpful. Me, when I'm frustrated, it turns into kickbox or something but then I can't do the yoga well enough to truly relax into it!

Today, reading all of your stories, I decided to attempt a little decoration. Bought a few lights, hung them up on the spiral stairs. Then, a few LED candy canes for the outdoors That doesn't sound like much of an attempt, but for me it's pretty good :eek::eek::eek: The dogs ate my last attempt to decorate! I had beautiful LED wire horses, but they did not last more than two nights. It sure is pretty having something up, though... Shoegal, I'm going to be careful not to think too hard about your bulb/light comparison, or this time next year there will be hundreds of strands! Six is a manageable number :D:D:D

Wow--quite an eventful 24 hours for you Laura. So sorry that your DH had a bad night and you. Hopefully things will get better. Good thoughts and hugs to you (((HUGS))). But let's focus on the positive for a moment: your Eliza wanted to practice her violin at 9:45 at night--that is incredible. She must really love music. Such dedication for a girl her age is just amazing, you should be very proud.

Shadowpup: the snow has finally stopped. Our neighbors came and shoveled our driveway which was extremely helpful. It's not a lot of driveway but with 12 inches of very heavy snow--ugh! I'll try to work on the sidewalks tomorrow. A little bit of decorating is nice. I say do what works for you. It sounds like we cover the spectrum here with our group. Oh, and how do you know that your Shock Cardio will arrive on Dec 29? Is there some way to check the status of your order? Let us know how, if there is.

Today I did the step and circuits from Body Max. I'm thinking I'll do the upper body portion of the workout tomorrow. Ought to nicely complement shoveling.

Hope everyone is staying safe, warm, and keep the holiday crazies at bay.
~michelle

Good Evening Ladies!

Bo is thankfully not in a to bad of a mood considering that crazy night! He has a temporary tooth in place already, but will need a lot of dental work to fix this. He says it turns out to be blessing in disguise because he already has a fake tooth (which he lost as a young boy flipping over the handles of his bike) and the tooth that was (mostly) knocked out was right next to it. He said there was a horrible smell coming from the tooth and it turns out there was a very bad infection in that tooth root that hadn't been detected from x-rays. So now it will all get taken care of properly.

Today was a relaxing day at home with P90X yoga and then a Christmas party this afternoon.

Shadowpup: funny you mentioned KB because that is what I actually ended up doing yesterday instead of the yoga and it was really a great way to let out some frustration! It felt good to let it out without turning it into a fight with the husband.

Michelle: thanks for the hugs! In such situations it helps to focus on the positive things happening! Both the girls are very musical indeed. My friends say I live in a constant musical because they are always singing. Eliza is being very focused and disciplined with the violin. That storm really sounds like something! I bet the snow is much heavier with moisture than it is out here. Shoveling is a workout for those arms isn't it? I also try to make a conscious effort to work both sides of the body.

Hi to Janie and Shoegal!

Hi everyone. Today was a break day. Everyone has dug themselves out in our neignborhood. Driveways are cleared, sidewalks are shoveled, now we wait for the plows to come through and throw up those banks of snow so we can do it all again. Okay, I have to admit: minimal snow shoveling here. Teenage boys are a wonderful invention and do a great job in such a short amount of time. Plus, the two boys who did our driveway and sidewalks liked having a little extra money for Christmas. ;)

I spent the morning cleaning the house. Joe and I did cleaned off his SUV and our pickup truck. Now, if Mr. Sun would just melt this white stuff but I think it might take a while. The temps are supposed to stay cold.

So much snow that the Federal Government is closed in these parts tomorrow. That will keep my email down for the day. Even though I'm on leave, I keep up with the email which will be lighter and lighter as the week goes by.

Big plans for tomorrow: IMAX3 in the morning and then I'm tackling my home office and getting it back to ship shape. Didn't quite get around to that today. Hoping to see our mail lady tomorrow--maybe she will have a package from Step N'Motion. That would be sweet.

Laura: wow that is so bizarre about your DH's tooth. Sometimes the good Lord works in mysterious ways.

~michelle

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.