Lurker's Invitation

Renee, Good job on your Step and Yoga workouts. When you exercise regularly I think exercise does become enjoyable. Enjoy your couple of days off and play in the snow! How fun!

Laura, You are wise to baby your back. I suggest to use a lighter amount of weight. If your scared and unsure of yourself, by all means, lighten that load. It's a warning I think your body is telling you.
I think that's a great idea to repeat Meso 1. I think that's what I would do too. Adequate rest is so important after a huge undertaking in between the Meso's. Nothing wrong in doing 60 percent again. This time around you know what you can do and there will be no surprises. You can really concentrate on correct form.
Thank you for your support. That is so kind of you.
Isn't it great knowing that you are doing harder exercises than you think? Wow!

Michelle, Great job on your exercises and a stretch too. Round 2 on the shoveling. A workout in itself, I'm sure. Enjoy your evening, you deserve a rest. Thank you for your support and I do enjoy our hot tub. LOL

Sherry, Oh my! Your experience with gallbladder problems sounds just awful! So glad you are doing better. My gosh! Now to look forward. Yes?

Deborah, Doing really good with your workouts, I see. I bet your legs were very tired, you did good taking it easy. Reach by Karie Anderson? If so, that is a great workout for stretching. Enjoy your Shock Cardio day.
Sid and Tina are seeing a councilor and will get down to business on both of them this Monday. I sure hope. given time and their love for each other, that they will pull through this with flying colors and knowledge on how to read red flags as they come up in life. With lots of work they just may make it. Lets hope so anyway.

Renee, I also love LIC. Good for you for taking the time to stretch. It's so important as you must know by now. It elongates your overworked muscles instead of being shorter as they sometime get from lack of stretches. Feels good too.
Were you able to get oral surgery done?

Michelle, Glad to hear you had a great stretch. Proud of you!
Do be careful driving on perhaps black ice, slush, and ice.

Take care gals, see you on our new thread tomorrow.

Janie

Well hopefully I won't get lost here with my post in the be-twitched; and between time between months!;)

Well really feeling the STS legs from yesterday! Especially in the glutes! Went for a little ski with the family today. We were on the big mountain for about an hour before we had to head back home to meet some friends who ended up not coming! Darn! Wish we had known so we could have skied longer. We have decided to take the girls out of school at noon tomorrow for an afternoon ski and then have them back to Boulder in time for ballet. I know that may seem radical to some of you Easterns but is pretty common practice out here in ski country!:eek: Just don't tell anyone else ok??LOL!

Michelle: I have decided that of all the older Cathe Dvd's there are that Cross Train Express sounds like a really winner! I am going to have to get that! An hour of stretching sounds heavenly! Man I can't believe all the snow stories we REALLY need some more snow here as well as Vancover seems it is snowing everywhere but here...go figure!

Ironlady: abdominal surgery is serious business! I had a C-section and it took me at least 6 months to really get my lower abs to begin to fire again afterwards. I, in no why want to sound discouraging, but they do cut through every layer of abdominal muscle to get 'inside'. So please take the time recommended for recovery and then start back in gradually. With the lower ab's compromised in strength you really need to strengthen them again to support your low back and pelvic area again before heavy lifting. You were so strong and fit before hand that I know it will seem like no time before you are back in the saddle again for us your workout buddies, but for the one in recovery it can seem SO LONG!!! So take it slow, easy and steady! Glad you are back with us!

Shadowpup: And it does remind me that I haven't written up the story of the Cardio Bunny and Testosterone Twins in Hawaii, who I "met" in Hawaii ok enough of the teasers!! It is time for the story!! LOL! It sounds like a good one. Yea I think I might do that, continue the STS Meso Cycle one for awhile. It is really pushing me on my endurance and they are heavy weights for me to be lifting for so long so it might be good for me for a little longer. It puts me close to a month longer on the rotation but it seems like a better option to me than grunting on to Meso 2 or taking 3 weeks off in one month...My friend is all fired up on the 'toe' shoes, showed me the website and talked about them for over an hour. He ordered some as well..Pilates was all about the foot as well. After all it is the foundation of our posture and if the foundation is off the rest of the building has to compensate to come to some form of vertical

Catchick: sounds like a fun workout and stretch! Stretching is such an important and often over looked component of fitness. I am glad to hear that you are doing it even if it isn't your favorite thing! It is so much harder and therefore such a greater accomplishment when we do the things we don't like to do than the things that we do like to do!

Hi to Janie and Shoegal see ya'll tomorrow!:cool:

Janie: we must have been posting around the same time, cause it wasn't there when I began and it was there after I finished!

Are you feeling better? I also think it is a good idea to continue with Meso 1. I have never done much of the higher rep lifting, I can't say lighter weights because I am actually lifting higher on some exercise than ever before!:p;) I read the latest Oxygen Magazine that has a nice write up on the different rep ranges and there corresponding results, and the lift range was slightly different than I have heard before. 4-6 for heavy to build strength, 8-12 to build mass, 15-20 for endurance. So I was thinking when I go back through Meso 1 that I will actually try to see if I can up my reps from 15, until either failure or 20 and see how that goes.. What do you think?

Just in case anyone checks in here today--don't forget we migrate today our new Forum entitled Getting our Licks In!
~michelle

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.