Lurker's Invitation

Michelle, Good job on Hitt 30/30, that one did seem to me like a challenge. Oh, dear, I think I need to organize my Cathe DVD's too. There are so many of them!

I bet the pie was wonderful. ;) Hope you had a great time watching football. Joey watched it all day yesterday.

Laura, Haven't recieved the BBl yet, but expecting it any day now. I'll let you know. I Hope it's good because I have somewhat of a flat butt.:)

Good job on CCC. Sounds intense, eventually I'll get to that one.

Hot tubing is the way to go. Have Fun!

Relieved that the snow didn't get to you full strength because of the divide. Whew! Careful out there skiing.

I don't see anyone not liking "Getting Our Licks In" so if everyone agrees, let's post it as such on the first of the month, then remember to go there to post. Would you like to do the honors?:)

Deborah, I think that is wonderful selling books/tapes like that. I'll have to go on EBay to see what you have. I love reading and while traveling would love to listen to a book! How do I find you there?

Your workouts are amazing! Enjoy a shorter cardio this evening, you deserve it.

Shoegal, Yes, the StepSensation is a boring set. I'm glad to hear you like the workout. That a girl, I do the same thing with a workout, just do it until I do it to my satisfaction.:)

It sounds like a wonderfully romantic weekend for the two of you. So glad your hubby is home.

Awwww, you found the tree angel. How did it get there? Maybe the Ivy is in the freezer. LOL Oh, you'll find it somewhere odd, I'm sure.;)

When I receive BBL, (very soon now) I'll let you know.

Have a good one everyone, you to Renee.

Janie

One class down and two to go! Feeling a little tired today although I had a great sleep last night! My body was tired in my morning class, felt hard to do the movements.:confused:d

But I am so happy because I went in for my follow up and I am officially 10lbs lighter than the end of December and since I did maintain my weight through the holidays and hadn't gained anything this is really exciting!

Janey: it was so cold and windy we actually decided not to get in the hot tub, not so much fun when the wind is blowing below 0 degrees...So watched the football game. It was an exciting game and I am Happy for New Orleans to make it to the Super Bowl. It will be good for the city! I hope they beat the colts!

Shoegal; sounds like a good step routine for you even if the set is boring! I can't make myself do workouts I don't enjoy either! There are so many options I do enjoy so why make myself suffer?

Shadowpup: always feels good to lighten the load doesn't it? I have some major house clearing work to do around here as well. I actually need to get at it! I have been spending way to much time on line these days, it can be such a virtual time sink!!!

So I think Michelle should create the new thread next month with our new name if we are all on board for that!:eek:

Howdy!

Michelle and I are one disc away from finishing the first mesocycle of STS. WOW, that went by fast. I've read about the "recovery week" between mesocycles on the forums. Seems like it should be lots of light cardio and very little to no weight lifting. Has anyone here done STS all the way through, and if so, what do you think about the recovery week?

I've also read that CCC is supposedly tuffer/tougher then CB. I guess I will just have to do CCC and judge for myself. I know 30/30 is a killer of a workout...short, but killer. I don't know if I could muster up and do 40/20 or the pyramid HiiT.

Clean eating...google it.
http://www.eatcleandiet.com/about_the_diet/what_is_eating_clean.aspx
Real food, nothing processed, healthy fats, lean protein, complex carbs. Eating small portions but often. 6 small "meals" which keeps your sugar levels...well, level. I recommend Tosca Reno's book "THE EAT CLEAN DIET".

So, ShadowPup, you like to hike?! Me too! Last summer I went on a lot of hikes in Virginia. Bought some trekking poles, and a hydration pack. This summer I plan on doing more in southern Virginia and western North Carolina. Absolutely love it!

We had torrential downpours and flooding. School was cancelled today. I just love "snow days". Speaking of snow, we may get some at the end of the week. Virginia is not good at handling snow and the removal of it, so, those of us in the teaching profession just LOVE IT!

My back and triceps are feeling a bit sore today from STS disc 11. But I love that too. If I am not experiencing some sort of DOMS then something is wrong. LOL

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, and today is a gift, so make the most out of your present!!

~Renee

Disc 11 is history. And it was hard. Not sure why but I was feeling the back exercises more than usual today. I'm assuming it's the increase in the weight amounts. I was going to preview MMA kickbox for tomorrow but I think that is not going to happen, so I will be doing a tried and true Cathe cardio tomorrow. So, this morning Ripken takes up residence right smack dab under the Cathe tower. He looked like he was very pleased with himself. I was like: where is the camera when I need it. Then he moved and relocated himself within my clutter of weights trying to make it look like he had just finished lifting. Silly pup.

Shoegal: I kind of had the same reaction to the BBL website. Not being able to preview the dvds is a big distractor as well. Not sure where you might have put that ivy but I'm sure it will turn up sooner or later.

Sister: Huh--I didn't get on the phone that you had school canceled today. Now, I understand what you meant by it was a free day. I'll have to look at the website for eating clean. What's up with the poetic ending, anyway?

Shadowpup: I'm with you about throwing away books. I just sold a bunch of old textbooks to campusbooks. But they only buy books that they currently have a used book demand for. So I still have a pile sitting on the floor. I'm going to have to check out half.com--hadn't come across that one.

Laura: 10 pounds lighter--way to go!!!!!

~michelle

Hi all! Busy work day - busy as in too much sitting :p and too much paperwork :p but a few useful things got done nonetheless!

Today's workout was Tracey Staehle's Cardio Kickbox Challenge - I've been neglecting my cardio. When will I learn about CKC ???? This is the second time I've done it. Each time, I've thought - well, I'm tired, let me do the 40 minute version. Each time I've gotten to the stretch and been indignant that it's too short! It may be the power kicks that are so much fun, now that I can do them; or the way the choreography is simple enough to let a person focus on their form, or the balance among the three instructors... I ordered Tracey's Strike Zone to see if I like that one as much as this. Someone was asking me about Tracey - I really can't say what she's like, as she doesn't do much instructing on the premix. Most of it is by her male counterpart, who does an exellent job. He's straightforward, no silly comments, and he lets us do many many many power kicks. Tracey also has good form, and I like the way she uses the uppercut move to kind of stretch out the shoulder. It's a unique feeling... Next time I will have to be not so lazy and do the whole thing, 67 minutes.

Renee, yep, I love hiking! Most of mine is done relatively close to home, for time constraints - there's about 17 acres of forest and hills nearby, and I spend a lot of time out there. Virginia hikes sound wonderful! I've never tried the trek poles, though I've heard of them. Nordic poles, that's the brand that was mentioned. It sounds like they work the upper body a bit, while you walk? But help you move faster?

I tried 40/20 early on, and actually - I didn't find it as energizing and calorie-burning for me as Cardio Core. I really loved Cardio Core, so that's nothing against 40/20! Just that Cathe was slightly lower energy in 40/20, and often suggested alternatives that would make it an easier workout. Not as she did in 4DS kickbox, when it seemed like she was teasing - but as though she thought we might need a break. :) But I enjoyed it; the whole Shock Cardio series has been fun.

For active rest week, last year I made the mistake of not giving myself quite enough of a break. This year I may take ten days rather than seven, so as to be entirely rested for Meso 2 while still getting in some Insanity and Shock Cardio. Bodyweight and TRX at most for strength. We'll see... Disk 11 tomorrow! I agree, it did go by fast.

Michelle, that bump up to 70 percent really makes a difference, doesn't it! Ripkin is such a card. Does he know he has renamed us? Perhaps he *was* posing! What we need is a photo of him getting *his* licks in :D:D:D And I agree, you should (on behalf of Ripkin) start the thread :) Half.com has been a pleasant surprise. It's easy to use, and people do seem to want some of these older textbooks! Someone picked up another one yesterday.

I'll have to get to my other computer and turn the sound on that pie routine ...

Laura, WAY TO GO! HIGH FIVES TO YOU! You worked hard for it. Great job! And very glad to hear you were out of the worst of the snow. All that we've got now is a dusting on top of about two-three inches. And ... that tired feeling may be STS talking to you. I'm sleeping like a log these days! An extra half hour a night, recently.

Janie, how many dvd and VHS workouts do you have? Organizing all of yours must be tricky - I am guessing you've got an awe-inspiring collection. You know, for books, myself I have to recommend Audible.com as most of what we are putting online is material I wouldn't read again! Except, of course, for the handful of duplicates... There are some good membership deals. I ended up with a huge discount on my ipod nano last year, for instance, and they often have a free book or two. But I'll hunt up the name DH picked and post it for you.

Shoegal, isn't it fun when you find a treasure that seemed gone for good??? And ... did you just kind of put that Angel out for awhile, and pretend she'd been there for Christmas? :D Perhaps she can be your Valentine Angel this year, so as not to miss out on all the fun. And you are always so diligent with these Step workouts, getting the steps down perfectly ... that's half the fun for you, isn't it.

It was my rest day today and had an appt. with my doctor, still complaining about my GERD. I gave 3 viles of blood to test my liver, red and white blood cells, Pancreas, and Kidney, blood sugar...gave some urine. I also have an appt. next month early for an ultra sound on my gallbladder. Then will make an appt to see inside my tummy. They will put me to sleep while they stick a camera down my throat to see what is going on with my stomach, then finally while I'm out they will examine my rectum and put a camera inside to see anything out of the ordinary. Forgot off hand what the name of that is. Oh, the fun of getting older.:(

Now I'm satisfied and for sure will know what is wrong with me as time progresses.I guess I finally made it audible enough for them to listen to me. YEAH!

Laura
, Great job with the workout even when tired. Good for you.:) Congratulations for losing 10 pounds. WOW!

Awwww, no hot tub, don't blame ya. Joey was enjoying the games too., but he slept mostly through them.

What is wrong with me? Of course Michelle should create our new thread next month. I think we all are on board with that name. I'll ask her if she wants to start our new thread.

Renee, You and Michelle are doing a great job on the STS series. When I did it the first time, it does go by fast. I loved the recovery week, and found I did indeed gain muscle. It was amazing. Then when I started up exercises again, I found I was much stronger.

I'm just starting on the Shock Cardio's, but I will take your word for it. I can't wait to do all of them. You make them seem hard yet doable. Like the reviews you are giving.

Yep, that's how I clean eat. Just the good stuff, no processed foods for this girl.

When I feel DOM's, I'm with you, something is working.:)

Enjoy the snow.

Michelle, Would have loved to have seen Ripken under the tower. What a sweet heart he is.

By the way, will you do the honors of starting our new thread this coming month? I think we all like the name "Getting Our Licks In" (Ripken inspired);)

Deborah, I love Tracey Staehle CK. It's a keeper for sure. You will be wiped out after 67 minutes. I've done it in it's entirety once before, but as usual, I had to modify. It's a great workout. The minutes will go by fast, maybe because it is such a good workout.

I'm enjoying the Shock Cardio's too. So much fun. I still have a few to do yet though.

I think your plan for the active recovery is a good one. I, not on purpose took two weeks, off, and I have to tell ya, when I started up again, I was impressed how much muscle I gained.:D

I think I have as many exercise DVD's as you have bulbs, or as many Christmas decorations as Shoegal has. LOL:rolleyes: I love everyone of them too. I try really hard to get as many different ones worked in as possible. I seem to go in streaks using a few, then put them to rest and use others...My body is so confused. But that's a good thing. Right?

Seems you are enjoying ebay. I've gotten rid of many many VHS's on ebay my self. The money I got from selling them, I purchased the DVD's equivalent when ever I could. I had a ball.

See you all later,

Janie

Last edited:
Quick post today. I did StepSational again last night. Yes, you heard right - I did it again. I'm all full of myself I have to tell you - I don't like to modify. If Christi throws something at me - well, I want to do it. I had to take myself down a couple notches and modify to get it right. It is funny though, because I would attempt the turn and I know I wasn't doing it correctly but would always end up on the correct foot and in the same place as the rest of them. :confused: I was completely sweaty afterwards and satisfied enough now to move on. I won't be doing it again tonight. I've taken a hiatus from Cathe a little bit and I'm dying to get back. Tonight I think I'll do more 1RM testing.

DH and I have been reading Sherlock Holmes together - we have an hour drive in the car so I read aloud. I have really been enjoying it - I am dying to know how this current mystery concludes - dead man in an empty house - there is blood around but no marks on corpse. RACHE written on the wall in blood. Should find out on the ride home!!

Gotta go - hope you all have a great day.

Shoegal, I always feel like tackling step again when I read your posts!!! Congratulations on mastering the moves :)

And oooohhhh .... you are reading one of my favorite Sherlock Holmes stories. I love that one, and love hearing it read. What a fun way to spend your driving time!

BTW, all, I have got to share my new breakfast :eek::eek::eek: Jennifer on our forums and I have been on a thread here about steel cut oats. I took three of her ingredients and added them to my basic recipe. Wow!!!! If you have a chocolate craving, here it is.

Deb's Basic Steel cut oats (made in Zojirushi rice cooker):
steel cut oats plus water, about a cup of mixed frozen or fresh fruit, dash of vanilla, nuts (walnuts or pecans), and spiced with cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, ginger; topped with nonfat yogurt. I serve it all up in fancy individual casserole dishs, so it will look nice.

Steel Oats Jennifer:
Jennifer suggested adding three things: chocolate, orange zest (orange peel), almond extract.

I tried this yesterday and tweaked it today. I used chocolate baking powder, dark, no sugar or milk added, so the calorie add is minimal (there's a little protein, too). Because of all the fruit I use, there's no bitterness - it tastes like very dark chocolate, 80-90 percent dark. Today's fruit was apricot and some raisins - YUMMMMMMYYYYY!!!!! The tangy apricot, sweet raisins, and chocolate, with all those spices, was just wonderful.

This is perhaps too decadent for every day ???? But I just toss it all together at night, ten minutes or less, so it is a fast meal that sticks with a person.

Shoegal, You are a perfectionist aren't you? Congratulations! You did a great job. Makes me want to do Step Moves until I can do it satisfactory. LOL:D I will do it today for my cardio workout. :rolleyes: What an inspiration you are.

My son just bought me The Complete Sherlock Holmes. All 4 novels and 56 short stories. I was planning on reading them on the Panama Cruise. Should I wait that long? Hmmmmmm

Deborah, Yesterday, I just made myself 4 serving of Steel Cut Oats. After I'm finished with them, I'll cook up a batch with your/Jennifer's recipe. Sounds sooooooo yummy!

Janie

This morning I reached for Step Blast--which I think could also be called sweat blast. It was nice to take a break from shock Cardio and go back to a routine that I was already familiar with. Oh boy--that was fun up until the beginning of the second blast and then I had to put my concentration cap on and really focus.

Ripken is very photogenic and is known for providing many cute poses, unfortunately, when I move, he moves. He's just not real good about holding those poses particularly if I have to go find the camera first. He seemed very pleased with himself for taking up residence under the power tower. Maybe one of these days DH can get a picture of Ripken giving me a good lick down after a workout and I can post it.

Shoegal: I'm with you on conquering those new step workouts. I was like that last week with Step Moves. I was bound and determined to get that one-two-three move. Do you have a projected start date for beginning STS?

Janie: oh yeah, the joys of aging. That's been my DH's mantra of late. But, it sounds like you've got your physicians coraled on figuring out what is going on with your GERD. Tenacity is a wonderful thing.

Shadowpup: you really are motivating me to tackle trying to sell more old textbooks online this weekend. I've got to get those taxes done first, though.:(

~michelle

Greetings fellow lurkers!

I did Step Moves today. It was fun as always. I have the first 2 combo's down, its the 3rd one and that 1,2,3 move that drives me nuts. Geeze, I must be related to Michelle! lol
I got it 50% of the time today which is a big improvement. Maybe I'll do it again on Thursday, but I am wanting to do MMA: kickbox. I've done all the MMA's twice except that one. So, I'm leaning that way. Was gonna do some abs, but my back is sore from yesterday. I had to do 60 pound barbell rows...well, thats what my STS card said, so its what I did. UGH! Definately feeling it in my lower back today.

Wishing winter was over today. I want to get outside and up to the mountains for some hikes. My hiking buddy and I were talking about it today...both wishing for warmer weather.

My 4th and 5th graders started recorders today. I can't believe how well they did on their first day. Review for the 5th graders, and "new" and one note for the 4th. They sure do like that thing, and I like to teach it, so its all good.

I don't know if I have ever read Sherlock Holmes. Maybe I ought to give it a try. I do like Erin Hunters "Warrior" books. These books are for kids, but I love them! Cat stories. Right up my alley. They are in the Harry Potter style, but not as long...just half! lol

My words of wisdom today are: Winning isn't everything, but wanting to win is. VL

~Renee

today was my pilates class and then STS Disc #4 Chest, Shoulders, & Biceps. Moan my arms were wiped out afterwards.:p I am definitely feeling STS. It is really forcing me to work harder. I am really going to have to pick up some weight magnets. A lot of weights are these weird off #'s so I either have to stay at the weight I am at or jump up quite a bit. I might shop around in Boulder on Thursday.

Shadowpup: when it is time for me to get some new DVD's I am going to pick your brain for good Kickboxing workouts. Right now they are my favorite cardio workouts. And the TRX sounds like fun as well and then I am still thinking about insanity. Yum those steel cut oats sound delicious I will have to try them soon.

Janey: hope everything is ok! Sending you healing energy.

Shoegal: Good Job on working on your step routine. You have inspired me to read Sherlock Holmes! I have never read any of them and I have been looking for something to read. What is the title?

Michelle Step Blast? I don't think I have heard about that one. I have considered the downloadable complete collection and don't know about the older Cathe DVD's. I know people who have them still love them..It would be cute to see that picture of you getting licked by Ripken.

Catchick: I will need to take the time to figure out Sep Moves. The KB is easy to pick up. I love to hike as well but enjoy the winter sports as well such as snow shoeing and skiing and X-country skiing. It can be so beautiful in the winter. I have seen the Erin Hunter series I have wondered about them. My girls loved Harry Potter so I think I will have to try those ones out.

I wanted to run something past you guys...

At the end of March and beginning of April I will be on vacation for my girls spring break. My dilemma is how to fit this into the rotation. I am due for a rest week the March 7th. So I am thinking of not taking the rest then and moving straight into Meso Cycle 2.Then I would have 3 weeks of Meso Cycle 2 and then take a two week active rest week in the middle of that cycle, from March 27th until April 10th. What do you guys think? I did read on some forums that people really felt like they needed their break between 1 & 2 and that Meso Cycle 2 was pretty tough....so any ideas would be helpful in me thinking this through..

Goodness, a nice busy day on the forum! I will have to come back again and read all of our team news :)

Today was Disk 11 for me. Like Michelle and Renee, only one more for me in Meso 1, hurray! This time I focused on my pullup form as opposed to reps. I was able to get twelve reps in each of the three sets, with far less wriggling, and better depth in the 'pull'.

Laura, if someone told me I'd have to start Meso 2 next week without an active rest in the middle, I'd be an unhappy camper! I'm tired :eek: Last year I didn't rest long enough between mesocycles and needed to stop Meso 2, rest again, and then restart it. You know your body well so I bet you will be able to tell if it makes sense to squeeze in a week of Meso 2 before your rest. There are all kinds of ways to play with these Mesos, which is part of what makes them fun, right? :D. For instance, you could do a half week of rest, then throw in one full body circuit-style workouts at the end of Meso 1. That would give you a little 'extra' in the endurance side (since Meso 1 is about endurance). Or, you could do two weeks of Meso 2, then break, then two more weeks of Meso 2. Since Meso 2 is about building muscle, that would give you longer to recuperate/build in the cycle. If you're worried that the long break will set you back a bit in strength, you could do Meso 2 weeks 1,2; then two weeks break, then do weeks 2,3,4 (repeating week 2). That allows for any slight slip back in strength from the two week break.

oops, finally dinner, more later or tomorrow - bye all!

Hello everyone!!!

I did Travel Fit. I loved it. It wasn't what I planned on doing - but geeze it was sitting right there and I haven't tried it so . . .:eek:. Nice workout. The cardio was lacking - but frankly I liked that it was all mixed in and brief. I didn't want to do the leg testing - well, I was putting it off - it is scaring me. I kept thinking - I'm going to be so sore. I wanted to ease into it - and I wanted to do some weight work - so this resistance training fit the bill.

I also found the ivy I had been missing in a container stored on a shelf in the pantry. Don't worry everyone - this is fake ivy. :) I was worried about having enough storage to put all the new Christmas away - turns out - I have tons of space. I keep finding empty containers here and there. OMG - makes me think I am missing all this stuff!! I got the house pulled together a little bit more. I would just love an extra day to just mess around in there.

Sherlock Holmes - well, A. Conan Doyle knew what he was doing - really great story - it just got more complicated. I thought we were near the end - turns out we were near the end of Part 1 - now we are reading part 2 and DH and I are developing our own theories on the matter but I'm dying to find out what is going on. We've got lots of fans on this check in!!!

You know, I have already done Step Moves - and I did get it all down relatively well - but I'm really wondering about this 1,2,3 move everyone is talking about - makes me want to do it again just to find out. I simply don't remember.

Michelle - love Step Blast - I think that is one of Cathe's most difficult in terms of intensity - it is also incredibly fun. You see - now I'm thinking about doing that!!!! Well, I set a new start day for STS now daily - I'm not going to say because I will end up changing it. :confused: I've realized that I will begin on my own time - and I can't say when that is. :eek:

Catchick - ok - so how many cats do you have?? Dogs? I think you might have said - I need to go back reread. I'm just looking at your name and realized that I didn't really put it together. :eek: I keep thinking of you as "sister" or Renee. Well - I am a cat lover- DH is not. I have 2 black cats that live with my mom - love them both to pieces. I think you ought to bundle up and go hiking. Once you get moving the temperature will matter less and less. DH and I snowshoed up in Alaska and the guides there were dressed in t shirts and shorts!!! By the end of the hike we were all shedding our coats - it got hot!!!

Laura - I don't actually know what the story I'm reading is called!!! It is from this volume that is the complete Sherlock Holmes - the one Janie just got. It has all the short stories and books in it - its a big book with tiny print. I'm sure you can find it all seperated. I will check and see what its called and get back to you. I think you would enjoy it - I'm shocked I like it this much.

Shadowpup - I think I read something on the open discussion about Steel cut oats. There was something about preparing them with salt or something that made them taste better? I'm ashamed to admit I not entirely sure how they differ from the regular old fashioned oats but I'm finding that there a lot of things in my sheltered little existence that I don't know about. This forum really brings to light lots of things - like different forms of hair removal for one. I'd like to try the recipe. Are these oats in the regular supermarket?

Janie - Yes - you have the same book my DH has. He is a huge fan - I didn't realize he was into the stories until this movie came out. Figuring out step is a joy for me - and I see it is the same with a lot of other people. I have to say that is my favorite cardio for sure. Hope your appointment will help enlighten your doctors - they sure took enough fluids!! Let us know.

Okay - going to go but I hope you are all having a great week.

Hi guys! Um I mean gals! Quick post and then I am off to the mountain to ski with a friend. And then the girls have early dismissal so Bo, is going to pick them up and bring them to the mountain and we can have a family ski together!:eek::eek:Woohoo! Then my pilates class tonight and I won't add any cardio cause I want to come home and be with my girls! I am going to go down to Boulder tomorrow to spend the night as well cause I just miss them so darn much!

thanks Shoegal for the input. I wanted to give you some more information on the trip to see if that helps make a decision. If I do take the rest week as scheduled and the two week vacation that would be three weeks in a month of not lifting which I don't think would be good. The first week is a skiing trip so I will be very active and my legs will be getting killer workouts, but no upper body. The 2nd week I am going to Atlanta to see my in-laws. They have a little workout room with an elliptical and my mother-in-law has Turbo Jam so I can do that as a light workout. She only has 3 lbs DB so it would be very easy going. I do have Travel Fit so I can try that out then. I can also bring the MMA workouts,Kick Max for cardio plus I could always run. So my main concern is losing the muscle from STS . I think I will post on Cathe Forums and see what other people say as well. I am still leaning on going straight into Meso Cycle #2 though....but really I want to get the best possible results from this so will see what people think...

Shoegal: no rush on STS you will know when you are ready for it! Sounds like a great read! Bo wants to see the movie, we better go before it is out of the theaters!

Have a great day everyone!

Getting a little behind. We have Tina and Chase with us for awhile. Such wonderful people.

Renee, Great job on Step Moves. That is still where I have difficulty too.

It would be nice to have a little good weather to walk/jog in. Spring is just around the corner.

4th and 5th graders, are they easier than other grades? My sister is a teacher and she has 1rst graders. Says they are tough. She has to teach them everything.

Laura, STS is that way. You did a great job.You can get inexpensive magnets here: http://www.sciplus.com/search.cfm?ut...=0&btnHand.y=0

Debroah, Great job on the pull ups. 12? WOW You are doing so well, congratulations.:)

Shoegal, Loved Travel Fit. It's a keeper for sure. Maybe a little more cardio would have been nice. I will use it on days when I'm a little tired, and while traveling.

Laura, Sounds like skiiing is just plain wonderful with the family.

Enjoy your pilates class and your girls.

Janie

Curiousity overtook me and I did Step Moves last night. Finally got to the 1-2-3 move. I have to say that it doesn't come naturally and despite really going over it again and again to try to master the rhythm - althought I was doing it - it never felt right. So it leaves me to wonder if I am actually doing it or I'm still too slow or perhaps that is actually how it feels. I find that sometimes I pick up subtle movements as I go along - and it becomes like second nature. Not there yet with this but it is only the 2nd time I've done it. I also put on Tracy Anderson's mat workout and did the abs in that. No chapters though - it was a pain to find them. Still - that workout strikes me as so odd - I fast forward through a bunch of it and just watching her move was a hoot.

Difficult morning. DH gets up - tries to start the truck and it won't run. He needs to leave for the airport so he tells me that he is going to take the car and I'll have to deal with the truck issue. Great. Well, long story short - it was a bit of a hassle. Plus what really gets me is that there didn't seem to be any heat in that truck :mad::mad::mad: - I hate to be cold - but geeze I'm not so dumb that I can't figure out how to turn on the heat - but it never got warm. I'm not looking forward to the ride home. :(

Hope everyone has a great day - I've got some things I need to address.

Mainly popping in to wish everyone a happy Thursday :D

Yesterday was a rest day. It was really really hard not to cheat and do something besides a short walk!!! But, I'll admit I feel better ready to tackle STS Legs tonight :)

Shoegal, good luck with the truck. I hate that - both problems, trying to get to the airport with an uncooperative vehicle, and being the one who has to cope with said vehicle during the day. Hope it works out without too much cold and frustration.

Janie, nice you've got some of your favorite company. Enjoy!!!!

Laura, what you really need is a TRX :) (I know, couldn't resist that!). But travel bands, bodyweight, all that is good. If memory serves, it takes about ten-fourteen days before you hit the bad side of the recovery curve for strength, so all you really need to stave that off is 1-3 days of solid full body working out in the middle ... will be curious what you decide on ... someone here had put together a list of the exercises that Cathe does using only a band, and she called it something like 'travelling band'. I don't think I have a link to the thread, but it's an interesting idea. Haven't tried Travel Fit yet, can you believe it?

Hi to Renee and Michelle - I'm guessing you are both DONE with Meso 1!

Forgot to mention that we finished reading the first Sherlock Holmes story - and it was called "A Study in Scarlet" - I correctly deduced who the killer was - without really knowing exactly how he did anything - but we eventually find all that out. Sad story overall - those men got exactly what they had coming to them though. I won't give anything away in case anyone else wants to read it. I can't wait to read the next one.

Shadowpup - Wanted to tell you that I did put my Tree Angel out along with the Pencil Santa because, yes, they didn't fulfill their Christmas destinies this year. You got that completely right. But the winter season is still upon us and they can partake of all that besides the bows and pine sprays are still up. It is against my nature to do that but DH was lamenting that the house will look so bare without them. Let us know how STS Legs go today!! Happy Thursday to you too!

OK - small post - have a great day.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.