Lurker's Invitation

Janie: most feel good to exercise again! It really helps with those endorphins and the mental state of being! I am saving Step Moves as it took me forever to learn the step on the 4DS. I like AS as it is easy to pick up and one tough workout!

Michelle: oh dear another @ss whooping to look forward to. I didn't find the first leg routine to outrageous, but it definitely was tough. My hamstrings and inner thighs were supper tight from it afterwards. It was kind of weird though as they didn't really have DOMS but just super dupper stiff for 2 full days afterwards, the quads however were fine...great job to your sister on eating clean. Hope she joins us again!

Shoegal: Yes it is weird, to be alone, even when DH or DDs aren't underfoot or 'with' me just having them around is a comfort. I love to hear my daughters laughter and play in the house. I was going to stay up here tonight to get some more stuff down but I am thinking I might have to go down to see them and spend the night! It might mess up my workouts but I will live! I hear you on doing the same thing over and over again. The only two things that I don't mind the repetition is pilates and yoga, which tends to repeat the same routine over again, I think it is because of the mind/body connection that it fosters that every-time it feels different to me even if the move is the same.

Hi to Shadowpup! You must be out of town??

I caved in and bought the Brazilian Butt Lift. It was given such high reviews that I couldn't resist. They should be here in a few days.

Shoegal, I don't agree with Tracy Anderson to do her workout for so long. I do agree with you that we do get acclimated and need a variety of workouts to keep our bodies guessing. That being said, enjoy her a couple weeks at a time, in-between STS/rotations/routines (unless of course she is part of one) and have fun.

Laura, I know what you mean when you are alone. Bitter sweet.

Yes, your honey could have called and told you he would be late. Especially if you were depending on him for dinner. You poor thing.

Fantastic two workouts you did. Awesome Skiing! You deserve a rest day. Be good to yourself.

Off to do STS disc one.

Janie

Ok did my Pilates class and than did Disc #2 again Back & biceps at the local Rec. Center as I need heavier weights for my back than I have at home. Which made me realize I am gonna need some new DB if I am already maxing out and I am only doing 60% maximums! Ugh! this is going to get A.} expensive and B.} very very heavy isn't it!??!???!;););) Man my arms were shaking afterwards!

Janey: I have a rest day coming up on Sat. I am going to wake up early to do STS legs and than head down to boulder to spend the night so I want to take saturday off to be with the girls as much as I can, because they are going to a zoo B-day party on Sunday and will be gone all day!

DH home tonight!!! Wow- it will be good to see him. I have been trying to get the house back together after Christmas - I really thought I'd be finished by now. It just takes some time. I put out a couple Valentines Day things - but the house really looks so empty. I usually take out all of my knick knacks to make room for the Christmas decorations - I have yet to put them back.

I decided to do a Christi Taylor step - StepSational - never did this one - and it was late when I started. I think Chrisi is "off" on this one - I didn't like the set - very boring, poorly lit white space - looked like a dance hall and they were stepping on the dancefloor area. In the back there was a set of drums - yes, I kid you not! Her brother was in this workout too - I give him credit. I kept thinking - if that guy there can get this - then so can I. I don't think she cues as well as other workouts she has and I had trouble getting it down. I started to get angry with myself. I knew what to do but I couldn't make my feet do it.

Laura - I read your blog about the ski run. At first when I read the Corona, - I thought - what???? - is she talking about drinking a beer? :eek: Facing your fears and getting down that run - WOW - it is such a feat - I'm so happy you did it!!! Sounds like an exhiliarating ride. Will you do it again? I thought I will probably need more weights as well with STS - probably a new barbell - I have a Firm barbell and I don't think I can load that up as heavy as I'll need. Enjoy spending time with your daughters this weekend.

Janie - I also have read some of the raves over BBL - so you broke down and bought it! That actually doesn't tempt me - and I really don't know a lot about it - I think I'll read up on it after I post this. Are there clips? I think it is funny - but there are times I'm not even thinking about buying new workouts but then I read about this or that and I start to consider it. I mean - it is stuff I wouldn't normally want - but you see everyone else buying it and suddenly I'm buying too. I have to stop that.

Hope you all have a great weekend - I'm going to enjoy some together time with DH.

Hi all! Got in just after midnight, and am just now waking up enough to type ... what a trip. My keynote talk went off really well, I thought, which felt great! Keynotes have a style unto themselves :D

I have teleconferences starting very soon, so I need to run now and come back to see your posts; hope it's been a good week for everyone!

Did Step Moves today. Have to tell ya, I viewed it again last night and remembered many steps as I was doing it today. I only faltered twice this time. Barely made it through, I was so tired, so had to modify towards the end there. All in all I just love that workout. I'm getting better at it.

Laura, Check your second hand stores. That's where I got most of my free weight. Congratulations for being able to use heavier weight. Very proud of you, you are doing such a great job. After you get your new weight, just know that you will be using them for many many years to come. The initial cost of them are expensive, but they are so worth it. I have up to a pair of 50#'s. Haven't used them yet, but plan on it someday soon. Nothing wrong with shaking after wards, it's a sign that you are working hard enough to gain more lean muscle. That's how it's suppose to be. YEAH!:D

Hmmmm, I'm going to have to check out your blog about skiing. Sounds intense.

OOOO, have fun on Saturday with the girls and especially on Sunday at the
zoo-birthday party. Love going to the zoo.:D

Shoegal, Do you have many knickknacks to put back from after Christmas? I'm thinking you might have more things to dust than me.;)

I'm a fan of Christi Taylor and have been doing her workouts for years, so I'm used to her cues. I like StepSational. You get use to it after a while, but if you think it's boring, you must do something else to inspire you. Don't do anything you don't like, not wroth it. It's important IMO anyway to always workout to something that's enjoyable. I hear a little competitive note, and that's a good thing as well. Just don't be bored, have fun!

There are clips to see, and I must say they do look like great workouts. I hope I'm right. With all the reviews I've read, there aren't very many negative ones, so I felt safe in purchasing them. I'll let you know once I get them, what I think. I'll be busy doing a 3 month STS and Shock Cardio series, but I'll make the time to do a few of them as well. Will definitely use them with me in April during the Panama cruise. I'll have Joey make me a copy so I don't lose the originals. You are right though about enablers. I have to be careful about that. We'll see if I got suckered in.

Enjoy your together time with hubby.

Deborah, So glad you are home. What are keynotes? They must be very interesting.

Janie

Oh, I am so behind on reading our posts ... so far looks like we're doing well :)

Laura, great job on the weights! Isn't it amazing what the 1RM testing tells us about our capabilities??? And how hard Cathe can get us to work??? Seconding Janie's suggestion about second hand dumbbells if you can find them. Also, there are some multiple-weights-in-one sets that go on sale or turn up used. I have seen them on overstock, walmart, and amazon at good prices; they are also space savers. Walmart usually has good prices on barbell sets and they delivered mine with no shipping costs ... people here love the Troy lite, but those don't hold enough weight in my opinion. The walmart one goes to 140. In a month or two, people will begin to get tired of working out and they should begin selling sporting equipment again on craigs list and such. Biggest sales on those are outside college towns right after graduation ... that's probably too late for you, though. I need to find your posting about the skiing, too. Sounds like you did something amazing again!

Shoegal, do you think you'll like that Christi step if you try it a few more times, or do you usually find you connect with the steps early on or not at all? That's how I feel about kickbox - usually if I'm going to like them, I know right off, even if they are difficult. Congrats on having DH back!!! Just having people we care about around feels good, doesn't it? I bet he missed you tons as well.

Michelle, I haven't found your latest post yet, but I bet you are either just finishing week 3 or just starting week 4! It's gone by fast, hasn't it?

Janie, nice to see one of us picked up the BBL series :) It has been getting rave reviews from so many people! You've got so much experience in various dvds that you're the perfect person to find out whether these live up to the good press they are getting and let us know :)

Keynotes are usually the first major talk of a meeting; they are invited speakers and it is considered prestigious, because the keynote speaker sets the tone for the rest of the meeting. It's hard to overcome a bad keynote talk, and a good one gets the audience energized. What I like is that you can/should bring the discussion up to a higher level; you can talk about the big picture of the field, and just the immediate needs. You are also expected to be thought provoking and perhaps a little controversial, and make an attempt to be entertaining too. It's a challenge! This one was an hour, plus questions, and I really enjoyed myself once we got started. Nervewracking to prepare for, though. In the end, it was a success. I had a great audience really listening and thinking and willing to interact, which makes a huge difference. Not too many people, maybe a hundred. The first person to ask a question at the end of the talk started by saying that his mind was blown, and that he didn't know what to think any more :eek:. I took it as a huge compliment :rolleyes: my goal had been to get people to challenge their own most basic assumptions about the topic (social networks), because I believe the security community by and large gets it wrong.

Last edited:
Greetings and salutations!!

Another post...eee gads, this could be habit forming.

I just finished sts 10. It was one of those weird yet incredible workouts that pushed me rather hard and burned me by the last rep, but its all good. I faltered big time on the stability ball incline chest press. My card said 24...I went 22, lost my form by rep 3 and ended up doing 18. Felt like a weinee but oh well, whatcha gonna do? I'll be curious to hear how sister did.

Eating clean is another interesting change in my life. I like it! Have yet to be tempted by the processed delights known as chips, cookies and candies. The first two weeks of sts and eating clean, I saw 6 pounds drop like that. I have now leveled off for now, but I feel great! So it doesn't matter about the weight loss. Its nice, but all things in good time.

Um, as I still don't feel up to speed with everyone here, I will end now. And how to address all of you on more personal level in time.

~Renee
aka "sister"

Laura, Where is your blog to find out your skiing adventure?

As soon as I post here, Joey and I will do Disk 2, Back and Triceps.

Deborah, Thanks for the confidence on my exercise DVD experience (you are too kind, I am a vidionut). As soon as I get the BBL I'll let all know what I think of it.

Wished I was a fly on the wall looking in on your presentation. I bet you are great at what you do. You write beautifully, you present yourself professionally and confidently, and most of all you know your stuff. How can anyone ignore that. I bet they all look up to you with all that knowledge stored in one mind. Congratulations for your success.

Renee, Sounds like you did a good job on disk 10. Look what you have already learned. You are more aware of your body and what it can do, so the next time you do the exercises, you will falter less and less. Your card guides you very close to where you are at. It will keep pushing you like that all the way through the STS Series. Good job!

Very proud of you for eating clean. Not an easy task. Just staying away from processed food is big in itself. I'm so impressed with you, that I want to do better too. Thanks for the inspiration.

Got a go, Joey is waiting for me to exercise.

Janie

Wow, sister checked in this morning! How about that? She got through disc 10 earlier today than me. But, I'm done with it now. I'm finding that I need to try to do more toe pushups--the knees seem too easy. So, I'm working on that. The drop set shoulders at the end were hard and I super struggled on the barbell curls with the band. UGH! I had the barbell at 25 pounds and only made it up to 9 reps and I wasn't going at Cathe speed either. I think that finally is this 3rd week, I understand what I'm supposed to be doing on the staggered push-ups--THAT made a huge difference. I also did the extended stretch. I really like those--very soothing and relaxing. Tomorrow will be HIIT and a coremax or STS Ab Circuit workout. Oh boy--I'm looking forward to active recovery week.

Shadowpupl: congratulations on your keynote speech. That is a huge, huge deal. Your topic was social networks? Very interesting. What kind of conference were you attending?

Laura and Shoegal: I hear you on not liking being at home "alone." You get used to have the presence of someone else in the house. DH, Ripken and I are rarely not at home together and if one of us is gone, then Ripken is still at home. You did still have your pups with you, right?

Laura: an explosion in the laundrymat sounds awful. I agree that it would have been good for your DH to call you but I'm guessing that the whole thing just threw him off kilter.

Janie: I've never heard of the brazilian butt lift. Another thing I will have to check out. It's good to hear that you are getting back in the exercise groove. Have you started looking for a bathing suit for your cruise in the spring?

DH's visit to the doctor went well. He has prostatitis. So, another presription for two weeks and hopefully it is cleared up. The joys of getting older, I'm afraid.

Okay--an exciting afternoon ahead: getting started on taxes. Hope everyone enjoys this beautiful Saturday.
~michelle

One more thing: When I was visiting my parents after Christmas, my mother made a cherry pie for me to bring back for DH. My mom makes great cherry pies and could most likely make her pie crust blindfolded and with both hands tied behind her back. I, on the other hand, am not a very good cook and definitely not a baker. So, mom gave me a little lesson on how to make pie crust. I proceeded to ask many questions about things that might seem obvious to most, but not to me. I had my mother and sister who was watching the whole thing in hysterics. A couple of days after I was back home, my mom sent me a youtube link in which a southern female comedian tells a story about her Pound Cake Recipe....and when you send your husband (or some other man) to the grocery store....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-YFRUSTiFUs

Assuming this link works, you will also note that the husband has a Ph.D.--which I'm sure clinched the connection to me for my mom.

~michelle

Michelle, I'm still on my knees for push ups. Man oh man, towards the end they are hard! Good thing right? Whew! Need to work on toes someday.LOL:D You did such a good job on your workout. I find that stretching helps a lot for me too. Tomorrow will be another cardio for me, but instead of Step Moves, I might do the bag workout. I have a bag calling at me now for years, and now I can use it. YEAH!

Have to tell you a story about my Joey today. After the end of our exercises I let him make up our ab workout. Poor Man, he'll never get it. I only allow this to happen so that he has some say in the matter and that he feels good about himself. He had us put our feet on the big ball, straight legged and do sit ups. OUCH! Then he would go from one knee to the other (yes, same possition) OUCH! Then at the end he would have us take the big balls with our arms, sitting up forward (not leaning back) and making the ball go from side to side. I just couldn't hold it in anymore and just started laughing. It was so funny. He asked what was funny, and I told him, that the last ab exercise tickled me. LOL:eek:

Anyway, for his wonderful effort I made us a very nutritious protein drink. But, along with my cardios I will have to work my abs a little more. He means well.

I took your advice to continue with my workouts as soon as I could, and I'm so glad I did. Thank you. I will still need your help in picking out a bathing suit. Have any in mind?

Oh dear, inflammation in the prostate has got to be painful. Hope he feels better very soon. Poor man.

I love the female comedian! I laughed and laughed and still am. It was so hilarious. I have to show this to Joey. He will laugh too, I'm sure. I think it's so funny because every time Joey does the shopping he does these things all the time. He's as smart as this man is, somewhat of a genius, but he can't resist the specials. Thanks for sharing, that made my day. LOL:eek: Were you that funny making the cherry pies? LOL:D If so, I need more details.

Have a good one,

Janie

Last edited:
I just caught up on yesterday/today posts. I did end up taking yesterday off, which I needed, and then I did STS legs Disc #3 this morning. I wanted to do an ab workout as well but we were beginning to run late for the girls violin recital, so I had to drop it. The girls did so well for their recital, which was there first one. Their teacher had it at a home for the elderly so it was really nice for the kids to play for them. It was very sweet. Their teacher is really an amazing woman, she is so present with her students and talks to them so respectfully...Then we went out to dinner at a very nice restaurant in town with my mother, and had a wonderful evening together and a fine meal.

Shoegal: that is funny that you thought of the beer! Thanks for reading my blog!:) Now that I have skied it I know I can and definitely will! I am going to the mountain tomorrow and if the conditions look good and it isn't to crowded I will be on it! You have an amazing collection of step dvd's! I still need to find more time for cardio....but like we have said before so many workouts and so little time

Janie: oh darn now I am going to have to go google the Brazilian Butt Lift! With a name like that you at least have to check it out!:eek: Good job on the workouts! Those 50's will be waiting for you when you are ready! How was the bonus bag workout? I want to try that one as well, I might take it to the gym on wed. to try it there after my pilates class...My blog is on my SP page.http://www.sparkpeople.com/mypage_public_journal_individual.asp?blog_id=2774869

Shadowpup: you know I wish I did buy those interlocking/changeable dumbbells now, but I just wasn't convinced by them at the time of purchase. So now that I have DB from 3#-20# it doesn't seem to make sense to get them now. I do need heavier weights though already in week one for both my back and legs. I should be lifting 30# for deadlifts and 25# for squats and I only have the 20's. But man my forearms already are feeling it so I think it is better for my tendons to adjust to the heavier weights I have before I bump it up...I did get a little tendentious stuff in my elbow when I first started some of Cathe's heavier lifting and I don't want to get that again, very painful..

Catchick: good job on your workout and the clean eats! I have lost 7.7 lbs since the 4th by really cleaning up my diet as well. It feels so good! My weight in day is tomorrow but I also feel like I am at a plateau since then. Guess I will find out tomorrow! I also just started that time of the month today which can lead to up to 5#'s for me but maybe that won't be the case if I am eating differently? You are right though that over time the changes will happen if we keep at it!

Michelle: Hopefully your DH will be feeling better soon! I like the extended stretch as well but so far have only been able to fit it on tuesdays. I brought my stretch max dvd down here to where my mom is staying and will (maybe) do one tonight. I will have to check out your link!

Janie: hmmm bathing suit shopping, never really that much fun! I do have quite a few of them now myself that I really like so I am spared that torture until they wear out!:p

Good Sunday morning to all of you.

Today I did SC-Circuit Blast. The sweat did pour and Cathe really puts you thru it, but its a lot of fun. I found that jumping up onto a 12 inch platform and off again into a plyo-jack 12 times is a lot "easier" then jumping over a 4 inch platform and into a squat=thrust push-up! I couldn't keep up, but I did as many as I could on those. I liked the un-even med-ball push-ups. Excellent core work! And yes, I do most of my push-ups on my toes unless I am really fatigued. If you haven't tried this workout yet, I highly recommend it. FUN factor is off the chart IMHO.

Have a great day!

~Renee

Will be doing the bag workout today. Let you know later how it went.

Laura, Good job with disc 3. I'll be doing that on Monday. Legs are so hard for me. That is such a very nice thing to do with the girls, to play for the elderly. It's a win win situation. The teacher seems exceptional! Enjoy those moments with your mom.

I can't wait to get it the BBL. Will let you know later what it's like. Hope I didn't get suckered into it.

I went to your blog and read your fear of skiing down a particular slop. You were so brave! Congratulations for conquering that fear. That was amazing.

Yep, have to find a swimsuit for the April cruise. That's my fear! LOL:confused:

Renee, I tried jumping without the platform to see how far I could jump in the air. I think I can only jump with two risers. 4 risers will be a challenge I'm willing to work for. Will have to modify until I can do what is on the DVD, but have hopes that someday will get there. You are in remarkable shape, good job!

Will do Circuit Blast when there is no leg work involved before or after doing STS work. Let's see; tomorrow is disc 3 legs. Then the next day will be a cardio, but one without to much leg in it. The next day (Wedn.) will be disc 4, Chest, Shoulders and Biceps. The next day (Thurs.) I'll try out Circuit Blast. Can see a lot of modification coming my way, but am looking forward to it. Will also try to do as many push ups on my toes as possible. What, maybe 5? LOL:D Will let you know.

Oh, I can see your inspirations will be keepping me on my toes, and will be doing more challenging exercises. But, think I need that anyway. Good to have you on the forums.

Janie

Last edited:
Today was HIIT 30/30 and ab circuits with the stability ball. Sister had encouraged me to try 30/30 next so that is what I did. That workout gets a 5-star huffer-n-puffer rating. Whew! Some of the intervals just flew by and others seemed to last forever. I found that if I didn't watch the tv screen, the intervals seemed to go faster. But 30 seconds is 30 seconds either way.

Janie: my mother decided not to let me make the pie because I asked so many questions before we got started that she decided if she ever wanted to get the pie in the oven that she better take the lead on the preparations. I just helped a little with the making of the pie crust. And it turned out okay. I was nervous about that.

Sister: boy, you sure are getting strong! Remember when we started Cathe and were struggling to get through basic step? That was almost 2 years ago. Time sure does fly when you are having fun sweating, doesn' it?

Laura: saw on the news this morning that the mountain areas out west got huge amounts of snow. They were talking about "controlled" avalanches and I'm thinking: I hope Laura isn't on one of those mountains.

So I reorganized my Cathe dvds this afternoon. I have a big planter that I put my exercise dvds in. Well, some of the older ones (VHSs, not Cathes) had to be moved to another place. Still within easy reach, but I needed the whole container for my Cathe dvds, bands, and other small peripherals. I'm looking for a small bookcase that will fit in a certain spot in my bedroom, but so far haven't found anything quite right. One of these days, I'll come across something when I least expect to. Time to go watch some football.

~michelle

Whew! Cardio Core Circuit is one tough cookie! My legs were a little fatigue from STS Legs so all that jumping sure jacked the heart rate. Off to the shower in a minute! I did fine on all the core work it was the cardio that really hit me hard! This one that I have room for improvement on for sure, especially my form as the workout continues!:p:p:p

Renne: I haven't done Circuit Blast yet because I am doing STS and I already have to add an additional weight lifting full body for a class that I teach once a week so I doubt I will try that one for awhile yet. Sounds like you have come along way!

Janie: you are back on track! High Five! I checked out that Brazilian Butt Lift but they didn't have any clips, :( so let me know what you think. I was also turned off by the cheezey butt shots on girls who don't really look like they workout! Not a fan of that kind of thing in general, but if the workouts are good than what girl wouldn't want to target their glutes?

Michelle: I like 30/30 too! I haven't tried the Pyramid one yet. Maybe this week. Really hard for me to fit in that cardio with my schedule but I keep trying. Today's workout really emphasized to me that I need to work on that! Enjoy the game.

Taking a shower now and then going to a friends for dinner and a hot tub, the girls are at a zoo B-day party and then will spend the night with their Nanna.

Oh and I am on the eastern slope of the divide, so it is snowing right now but we didn't get hit as badly as the southern mountains and the western slope. I debated skiing today but was tired, haven't slept great the last two nights, and while it is snowing it can get skied up pretty bad making the skiing much harder and more dangerous.

As far as a name change I still like Getting our Licks in!:D

Hello all - this weekend DH and I have been involved with our new clutter removal project ... which has to do with books. About ten years ago I set aside several boxes of duplicate books for sale on ebay. The boxes sat in our closets, until this week, when DH got inspired to set up an account on half.com and ebay to sell them off. Three sold right away! I cleared out some old technical books, and wouldn't you know, one of those sold too. One thing led to another, and we've now got over 400 books listed, plus all of our old VHS tapes! We're both packrats and so I have to admit that you can't really tell from looking at the bookshelves that we've cleaned anything much out. With the earnings from those first few books, I bought two bookcases we'll set up in a closet to hold the for-sale items. It is nice to know that someone else will have an opportunity to pick these books and tapes up if they want them. I hate the idea of taking books to the landfill. It seems wrong, if there's any other option. This way, we can clear out our closets in good conscience.

But this is why I haven't been posting, and also why I'm behind again in what everyone is doing :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

This weekend, I did STS Legs (9) on Saturday, and STS SCB (10) plus TRX Flexibility today. Hikes both days. Goodness! That was intense, two STS back to back. But tomorrow being Monday, it will be easier if I do an HIIT or a shorter cardio in the evening.

There are substantially more posts on the weekend than the week!!! Pages and pages - gee - makes me feel all behind.

I did Christi Taylor's Stepsational again last night - and the abs from MMA Kickbox. Loved the abs -it was all different, fun - sometimes intense - if nothing else the ab portion is a keeper from this workout - I don't intend to try Kickbox portion- well, not for awhile. As for the step workout - I did not find it boring the first time around - I found the set boring. The second time around the set still didn't improve :confused: ;)- it was still a plain white room with a drum set in the back. The background doesn't make or break a workout for me, though. My performance improved - but was not perfect - and I enjoyed it quite a bit. I'm all hyped up to do it again!!! and again and again and again until I master it.

Yes - DH is HOME!!! We had fun together over the weekend. Saturday we went to a winery in Foxburg and then to lunch at a really nice restaurant there right on the Allegheny River. It was simply a lovely day. I was so glad to have him home. Later that evening we went to play cards with his family and had a great time.

I was also itching to get the house together - and haven't managed to do it. I pulled out my Valentine's stuff - but am not satisfied with it. OMG!!!!! I FOUND MY TREE ANGEL!!!!! Yes - I found her in the bottom of a box covered over in packing along with a pencil Santa that never made it out either. (didn't miss him, though) I had then packed the everyday knick knacks over her when I had taken them down and I was never going to find her until I unpacked those. Now I have lost the ivy that I put on top of the kitchen cabs - if you were me - where would you put those??? I'm perplexed - where are they? :mad: Geeze - next year I'm going to write a note to myself about where I put things.

Shadowpup - yes, I usually give a good step workout a number of chances to impress me. There are exceptions though, especially if it is too easy -then it is not for me at this point - I don't want to do anything basic now. I just don't have the patience for it. The workout may still be difficult intensity wise but I would consider it torture. Other times - you are right - I know immediately that I don't click with something and even though overall it wasn't terrible - I won't do it again. I don't have many like that though. Good job on clearing out the clutter- Rex has boxes of old magazines laying around I'd like to get rid of - and other stuff. I just can't imagine who'd want those but somebody might - your experience with getting rid of the books does inspire me.

Laura - sounds as if you had a nice weekend - nice dinner - wonderful recital - what could be better??? And good job on your workout and success on your diet - It sounds as if you are on a good road there, so to speak. I know what you mean about equipment - and I've been considering larger weights as well - really don't want to buy them right now - I think I'm putting that off for a bit - but looking for used ones makes a lot of sense.

Renee - Define clean eating. I know this probably involves more than I think. What exactly do I need to eliminate from my diet to do that? Yeah, I can see not eating chips - or processed foods - but what else? You also sound as if you are really doing well on your workouts - and you sound as if you are STRONG!!! Good job!!

Michelle - Glad DH is on the mend. We are all getting older - hopefully better too!! :) I actually do like "Getting our Licks In." I joke with my husband about our little Dot - she is a tremendous kisser - and direct opposite from Scout. Scout gives kisses sparingly - maybe a couple - you are really lucky to get Scout to kiss you. Dottie, however, she can't hold her licker. So I vote for that.

Janie - I looked up BBL - I did see clips too. Leandro looks like a fun guy. I don't think you were suckered into it - although when everyone makes it sound like such a must have - it gets hard to say no. With the raves - I don't think that many people can be wrong. Christi Taylor had such a good reputation and I bought wondering if I would like her to - and she is a great instructor - so I'm not disappointed. Let us know what you think!!!

Okay - going to go - hope you all have a fine day.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.