Lifting like girls

Well, ya cant say I didn't warn you.....it's Monday! Chest and tris today, 10 sets of bench, 3x20 rom isos to finish off the chest, then 4 sets of pushdowns, 2 sets of skullcrushers and 2 sets of kickbacks. I was able to go pretty heavy and long sets on the way down the pyramid for bench. It feels good to know that what used to feel really heavy doesn't seem so heavy now...always a good thing and it keeps me going! Karen, the bannister is a great upper body w//o lol! Lisa, the fact that you are doing anything is terrific, the true Commando spirit! Hope you both have a great start to your week!

Tom, love that you are making noticeable progress. Are you going to have to buy more barbell plates soon to keep up with your crazy strong self? The payoff for all this Commando training is worth it!

Karen, how are those legs? Have they forgiven you yet? Hope you got to soak up some sunshine this weekend. We sure did. The next few days are supposed to be glorious as well. Yay! I would totally walk 4 miles for a latte. That makes it negative calories!

Today I did Rock Bottoms and Core--but skipped Cathe's core work--Live from July. Felt good to slaughter my lower body on a Monday!

Have a great day today

Well guys, the weather was beautiful this weekend. I did soak up some sunshine on my "walk." Predicted great weather all week.
My legs are starting to thaw, and this morning was week 4, chest shoulders and biceps. Another good one.
Didn't sleep very well last night. So, I'm going to bed early tonight. Like right after I finish this. Looks like everyone is behaving. So I will talk to y'all tomorrow. Have a good evening.

Hey guys, didn't work out this morning. Still dragging a$$. I know, 30 lashes for me. I hope to get a walk in this afternoon.
Good job, Tom. Back and bi, one of my favorites. Lisa, your kickin' it too. Rock Bottoms good job.
Just got a text from son #2. No work for him today, all the courts are closed, because of snow. Had to remind him that it will be close to 70 degrees here. Yup. Will post more this afternoon. when I wake up. Maybe it's time for Geritol. Over the hill, what hill, where's the hill? Later!

Tom, great workout. The bi's don't have a prayer when you slam them after doing chins! Way to pump it up

Karen, you don't 30 lashes. You get 30 smiley face stickers for listening to your body. Hope you are well, not sick, and just needing more rest. Yeah, we're at about 70 degrees today too! It's so awesome!

Had a "late" night out last night...and for me, late is 10pm, but then couldn't fall asleep until about 2am, so today's workout wasn't pretty but I got her done. It was a cardio / metabolic type workout from Shelly Dose on YouTube. Low impact, so not killer but not easy either. It was perfect.

Enjoy your Tuesday

Definitely had my a$$ kicked today! I showed for leg day and paid the price. I did 5 sets of bench squats, but went to gob squats and I had some outside motivation. My co-worker has been doing circuits with gob squats, kb swings etc and she has been using a 40# powerblock for gobs. I didn't even know how she held it, but my 50# kb seemed a little slacker compared to hers so I tried powerblocks. I held it chest high and balanced one end under my chin...awkward but it worked and I did sets of 15 with 65, 75, 85 (these were killer, she did sets of 20, but who's counting lol!) Gotta use whatever motivation you can find and it worked! Now I know I can do these with blocks! Next up were kb swings 3x25 and these really up the old HR. I finished with 3 sets of barbell calf raises and 3 sets of single leg calf raises. My thutt was making one wide track coming back up the stairs! As for motivation, this young lady has 3 kids, a full time job, and is studying to be a nurse...doesn't want to be working out at 11:30 at night, but there she is...doing it and NOT slacking! She had never lifted before, knew nothing about it, but there she is despite the obstacles! No way could I sleep in this morning!!Karen, some times the bod just needs a rest day....there is no slacker in you lady! Lisa, nuff said bout your drive, I really admire your tenacity to do it at all! Hump day my friends....grab some gusto!

Good morning guys!! Well I'm taking two days off work this week. Today, and tomorrow. Today is my birthday, and we are celebrating. So, my workout will be the last back and tricep workout in meso 1. May walk tomorrow, or do another "Live" workout.
I'm feeling more rested today. I think staying home has something to do with it, and the fact that we are having great sunshine weather.
Looks like your co-worker is kicking some serious butt, Tom. Good for her. Don't you just love a great leg workout. I know it was a good one, when I can't walk. Looks like you had a good one.
Lisa, I'm impressed that you still working out. Good for you. Labor and delivery was always easier when I had been working out. Hang in there.
Well, I hope you all are having great weather. It's going to be great here all week.
Make it a great day!

Karen, HAPPY BIRTHDAY! !! (That is me screaming it over the Internet, lol) So glad you get to take off a couple days from work to enjoy. You deserve it. I think this is another reason we get along so well, I am also a March baby (my bday was a week and a half ago). What are you doing besides knocking out STS to celebrate? Dinner out? Mani/pedi? Massage? Shopping? Yeah, I totally agree that fitness helps the body recover from labor and delivery, or any other trauma for that matter. I had surgery last May and bounced back very fast. I 100% attribute it to good doctors and my fitness level.

Hmm. Trying to remember what I did this morning, lol. Oh yeah, a step video from YouTube by a lady named Kelly Adkinson and a short prenatal cardio from one of my DVDs. Sounds long but was only about 50 mins total

Tom, you made it to leg day! I have power blocks too, love them so much. It's amazing how versatile they can be. Your coworker is doing so great, and I must point out that YOU are awesome for helping her and motivating her. High fives to both of you!

I decided to switch arms to Thursday this week and do shoulders tomorrow. We are going on a Disney cruise next week and Dw is driving down to have the van and I fly down Monday. I will work most the day and will probably hit arms again that morning (you know me, cant let a good arm day go by)! Today was 6 sets of pushdowns x8/ ez bar curls x8 (did bump both up 5# and elbows smiled). next 2x8 crossbody tris/ 2x10 hammer curls and 2x20 kickbacks/ 2x10 conc curls and finished with a long set of bench dips and one set of 21's. I did do some abs, 1x60 crunches, 1x30 eated knee ins and 1.5 minute side planks. All in all a good day, woke up early and rested (not sure why?) Don't forget your greens tomorrow, "ye know pinching it be hurtin"!! Karen, hope the birthday was "MAGNIFICO"! Lisa, you are right, the powerblocks are incredible and great space savers. Only about 50 min huh? Kudos to you for being able to do that, I cant and I'm not carrying a passenger lol! Have a great Thursday all!!

Tom, super arm day today. I think Karen and I will let you get away with switching your schedule around since you made it through leg day yesterday, ha! Jealous of your upcoming Disney cruise. You will have to provide a review. We're waiting on anything Disney related until the babies are a little older since Disney is a PITA to get to from where we live.

Karen, how was your day yesterday? Thanks for the belated bday wishes. Should I be ashamed to admit that I have heard of the Ides of March but still have no idea what that means. I just know it's bad since we are supposed to "beware!" Today's Live looks like a good cardio option, maybe you can fit it into your rotation.

Today I did Vertical Loading Live from November 2016. Every time I have done this workout in the past, I bump up the weights from what Cathe uses. Not this time, thank you very much! Got a great muscle burn

Have a great cruise, Tom. Lisa, the Ides of March was supposedly the day Julius Caesar was assassinated. Before his death, he was told to "beware the Ides of March," which is March 15. Now whether that really happened, or not, I dunno. But, it was in a Shakespeare play, so it must be true, right?
Today was Tracie Long's "Defining Shape." Good workout. That's about it, so until tomorrow....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Karen, leave it to you to elevate the conversation by quoting Shakespeare. Now I know about those dang Ides of March, so thanks! Total fitness dvds had a Tracie Long sale last week. I was sooooo tempted to buy something but I just couldn't justify moving one more DVD to our new place. Plus I am still on the fence about Cathe's latest preorder. Are you going to buy?

Tom, are you really calling out your legs for betraying you? And in Latin, no less? That just seems wrong. Lol!

Today was Cathe's Party Rocking Step 1. Felt good during it but now I am super tired. Wonder if my girls will let me have a nap this afternoon? Yeah right! At least it's Friday. Y'all enjoy your day!

Hopefully everyone survived St. Pat's Day, a calm one for me but I did have a couple a beers (no green ones). I had to make up shoulders today, couldn't do it yesterday morning and the beers seemed to curb my enthusiasm yesterday evening sooooo this morning it was! 6 sets strictpress,longer reps but lighter, 3x10 leaning single arm side laterals, 3x10 rear delt flys, 3x10 barbell front raise, 3x30 dumbbell shrugs and finished with a light set of strictpress x 25. I did one set of cable crunches x30 and called it a day. Lisa, I do feel a little like Julius on leg day but I don't have a Brutus to blame....just me! Hope you both have a great weekend, I'm gonna try to do something tomorrow but who knows!

I know what you mean, Tom. I have to make up my STS today. Had no enthusiasm yesterday, because we did nothing but eat. A few friends popped by, and between laughing and eating, just didn't get it done. So today is STS Leg Day. Aaarrrggghhh. With all the food, I'm feeling like a beached whale. Anyway, will report when it's all finished.
Way to work, Tom. You always seem to get a great workout.
I'm tempted to buy Cathe's new program. However I did indulge in the Tracie Long sale on TFDVD. Evidently the more DVDs I have the better I feel. Maybe I should check into a 10 day program. With 2 short followups. I need to stop buying. When I die, and my kids have to clean out the house, they will shake their heads, shut the door, and sell "as is." Good grief.
Hope you are well, Lisa.
Will post more later!

Well, I finally got my last STS Endurance done. Legs. Another great workout. I did buy some Tracie Long DVDs at Totalfitness. These are great workouts. I really like Tracie. I now have a bunch of her stuff. Too much actually. Yes, an invervention is in order. My husband has volunteered. You guys have a great Sunday. Just wanted to post my workout. Think I will take a week off from STS. Then start Meso 2. May fill that week with Tracie Long, and Yoga. Definitely need some Yoga. Make your Sunday great!

Way to hang with meso 1 Karen, definite dread factor for me! Today I got in a chest and core w/0, and hit it hard! I did 15 sets of bench, was able to go heavy, and even on the way down did 3 sets at bodyweight, x8x7x6 and to finish the fry, I did 3 really long sets of rom isos, x30, and finish the fry it did!! Next, for core, I did 3 sets of hanging knee raises (first time in a long time and I know why....geeze!), and a rotating side plank series x90 sec x60 x45 x30 and finished with 3x20 cable crunches. Why does pain feel good?.....anybody?? It just does! Lisa, what up Commando sister? Have a great finish to the weekend friends.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.