Lifting like girls

It's FRIDAY!! Busted me up some arms today, 6x10 tri pushdowns/ 6x10 ez bar curls(I lightened some weight and went real strict, saving some tendons) 4x10skullcrushers/ 4x10 seated dumbbell curls and 2x20 kickbacks/ 2x21 barbell 21's. Simpe but serious burn! Love ending my work week with arms...feel good mood elevator (maybe I should do them Mondays...those days could use some mood elevating!) Lisa, sorry about the snow, we may get some tonight but supposed to be mid 40's tomorrow so shouldn't last. Karen, I am trying to get up the nerve for sts, I feel pretty healed up just not sure I can do 90 minutes! I just do it paper and I seem to be slower, but I am toying with the idea. If you have great results after all you do I am going to have to jump! Have a great weekend ladies!

Tom, glad you are feeling the good post-workout endorphins. Nice job! I hear you on some of the longer STS workouts. Meso 3 can really take a bite out of your schedule...well over an hour, yikes! But, if you're a warrior like Karen, it's no big deal.

Today was Get Steppin Live (2/25/16).

Have a great weekend, Commandos! I probably won't be back until Monday. See you then

Hi guys!!! Today was workout 3 from STS, legs. Great workout. Need to pick my workout for tomorrow. Had to renew my DL today. That place must be a psychological test. It's like cattle off to slaughter. Go over here, then go over there, pictures over here, stand in this line, press 1 for English, 2 for Spanish. If you happen to ask a question; someone that has been sucking on lemons all morning, tries to "help." Yikes!!!! I think it would be preferable to take the "never obtained a license" citation.
Have a great weekend all, but I will be back tomorrow. Nice arm work, Tom. I may skip the strength meso for STS. They're just too long for me. So come join me Tom. It's been a long time since I did STS. But I am enjoying it. (the 3 workouts I have done) "Get Steppin Live," I know you love step, Lisa. I need cardio for tomorrow, I think this will work.
Hope you all are well. Lisa, take care, the last 6-8 weeks are so uncomfortable.

Super Saturday Commandos! I got a sorta leg day in this morning. I did 4 sets of bench squats, never got real heavy, right knee has been consistently sore for several weeks so not really trying to challenge it. I did 55x10, 115x10, 165x10 and 205x5. Next I did deads 205x10, 255x6, 300x3 and 330x1. I loaded more on the bar but decided today was NOT the day so I stopped there. After deadlifts, I did 4x20 kb swings and these really spike up my HR. The biggest kb I have is 50#, but that tuckers me out! To finish I did 4x25 single calf raises with the 50# kb and called it a day. Karen, I gotta laugh because I would probably skip meso 1 and do 2 and 3 lol! I saw a lot of change when I did meso 1 because it was the first phase of sts, but I am not big on endurance work and not sure I could face it again (but I would be more prepared for all the pushups after our pushup marathons!) Hope y'all have a great weekend!

Hey All, I did Manage some ab work today, tri sets of crunches x50/ seated knee ins x25/ cable crunches x20, 6 minutes of side planks ( 3sets 1 min each, and finished with 1 mile on the bike, was going to do more but couldn't pull the trigger! I guess "somepin" is better than "nuttin"! Hope it was a good weekend for everyone!

Ugh, Monday! Not a great chest and tri day, but did the best I could. 8 sets of bench with 8 sets of isos between bench sets, 2 sets of inclined bench, 3 sets of pushdowns and 2 sets of kickbacks. Just tired this morning and that was all I had! Those days are going to come and I did fight thru it. About 1 set in I thought about making this week a deload but decided to try to push some weight, My weight is down over 10# from what I was and when I woke up yesterday I weighed 184!! I tried to chow down yesterday and this morning I was 190...better! The weight loss may be affecting my strength levels some as well, but I have to really push food to get around 200......not sure I need to do that. On the bright side, I thought I was going to have to buy new scrubs there for a while! Have a great Monday friends!

Tom, nice workouts. You showed up to take care of "bizness" and that alone is worth celebrating. Losing poundage but not losing muscle is always such a tough balance. Eating yourself sick isn't fun either, though!

Karen, what are you up to?

Today was Long and Strong Legs Live. I think I did this one last Monday but wanted to do it again because it's tough but totally doable for me with pauses. After all, I am wearing a weighted vest equivalent these days, on top of any weights I am holding in my hands. Lol!

Did I mention that we got MORE snow yesterday and this morning? I am sooooo over this Winter.

Lisa, I agree with you. I'm sooo over Winter. Snowing here!!! Ick. Over the weekend I did the Steppin Live workout. I loved it!! Reminded me of the old days when I was Steppin it with Cathe. By the way.... I loved your wearing a weighted vest comment. Made me laugh. Tom looks like you turned an ugh Monday into a killer workout. Nice job! Today was disk 4 of STS. Great endurance workout. Muscles felt worked "good" when I finished. Chest, shoulders and biceps. That's it for now. See you tomorrow!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back and bi day here. chins x10x8x8, pullovers 3x10, DB rows 3x10, ezbar curls 3x10 and conc curls 2x8. THE FOLLOWING IS AN IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT PAID FOR BY TSLOP49......I WILL MISS LEG DAY TOMORROW!!!!! I am picking up DW at the airport tonight and wont be home until around 3AM, so I would probably even miss arm day, BUT LEG DAY.......yup, no brainer!! Have a great one friends!

Karen, nice work on Disc 4. Holy smokes, the sense of accomplishment that comes from those pushups. Love to hate 'em, unless you are crazy like Tom and willingly do pushup challenges for fun! Wasn't Get Stepping Live great? Very old school, steady state fun. Those kind of step workouts are hard to find these days. Seriously, this snow...we had more this morning. I wish I liked skiing like you do, maybe I would feel better about it, lol. Hope work and life are being nice to you (other than the snow, of course).

Tom, lol, your all caps announcement about leg day had me on the edge of my seat! Leg day is important, but your DW is top priority, so you just do exactly as she instructs and you will be good. Besides there is always Saturday to get in legs. ;) Great job today with your workout.

Another YouTube workout for me today, a low impact burner by a lady named Shelly Dose. I liked it a lot. I sm trying to avoid jumping and jarring at this point, and sone times it is nice to follow a workout without having to modify everything.

Hey all!!! This morning was another Cathe Live. (I'm loving these) something Metabolic from 03/19/2015. I really wasn't in the mood to kick my butt this morning, so this was perfect. A great workout without being over the top Cathe. Tomorrow morning will be Disk 5, back and triceps.

We have snow on the ground again. But this weekend is to be quite nice, I hear. But, we all know how that goes.

Tom, I'm quite shocked to hear that you have no problem missing leg day. {{{{what}}}} Nice work on the back and bi's.

Ya know Lisa, there are some great programs on You Tube. I will have to check out Shelly Dose. I love "Fit Body By Julia!" There are others that I can't think of right now, but, some of them are excellent.

Well, hope you both are doing well. Take care of yourself, Lisa. Tom, I will expect you to squeeze that leg day in somewhere. Behave yourselves, guys! Until tomorrow.

Karen, love love love those metabolic Lives. I do enjoy wiping myself out sometimes with my workouts, but those days are not as often as they used to be...pregnant or not. I don't know, maybe it's old age, lol. I just enjoy the "I worked hard but I still have energy for my day" feeling that the Live give me. I have Fit Body by Julia queued up in my YouTube engine so I can browse through. I like Shelly Dose because she's got quite a few low impact circuit workouts that are more intermediate/low advanced workouts and those are what feel good for me right now. I know, our weekend is supposed to be nice here too, sunny and warm--that is, after we get rain on Friday. I don't buy it!!! Knock it out of the ballpark with Disc 5 today, mmmmkay? ;)

Tom, hope all went well at the airport this morning.

This morning was more YouTube plus Cathe Live. I did a 30 minute low impact Gymbox Step workout + Strong Upper Body Express Live. A good hour of sweaty fun.

Happy Wednesday!

This morning was STS disk 5, back and triceps. Another great one. I need to pick a workout for tomorrow morning. Will post when I do. OK, I've decided on PHA Training for tomorrow. I think it's from July 2015. See you all tomorrow.

Last edited:
Back at it again! Shoulder day, 6 sets strict press, 3x10 single arm side laterals, 3x10 rear delt flys and 3x10 barbell front raise, 1x15 seated shoulder press and barbell shrugs x20 x30 x30. I guess another Sat leg day for me this week....I'll live. Good work ladies!

Karen, I'm having workout envy! You are picking all my favorite Lives. :) I can't remember, do you have a traditional pull up bar and squat rack in your gym play area at home or do you use the push pull tower from Cathe?

Tom, you love those shoulders! Way to work it!

Low Impact HiiT Circuit Live (2/12/15) was my workout choice of the day. And let's just keep in mind that I am using the term "HiiT" very loosely these days, ha!

Lisa, I agree. Love Cathe Live. PHA Training was such a good one. I watched a preview of this morning, now I want to give that one a try. I'm in workout heaven!!! Tom, good to see you back at it. Have a great evening guys. Until tomorrow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's FRIDAY!!! Good things happen on Fridays, no work for 2 days and....wait for it....ARM DAY! Hit it hard this morning, 6x10 pushdowns/ 6x10 ez bar curls, 3x10 skullcrushers/ 3x10 seated dumbbell curls, 2x20 kickbacks/ 2x10 conc curls and 1x25 tri pushups and 1 set barbell 21's. I felt worked and that's a great feeling! I have lightened up some weight on ez bars and pushdowns, opting for strict and saving tendons but I am near failure on several sets and hopefully wont lose strength. Karen, I know you are killing sts, kinda jealous but haven't been able to jump off yet! Lisa easy does it is good! Have a great weekend my friends!

Hey guys, this morning was STS week 2 legs workout. Lisa, in my workout room, I have a squat cage, with a pull-up bar. Love it, works very well. I have one of Cathe's older towers, that I use for barre. Tomorrow I'm going to give the latest Cathe Live a go.
Good job guys, but that's about all for me for now. Will post more later, if something "interesting" happens.

Friday = Tom's arm day heaven! Too bad tomorrow is makeup for leg day. Yep, I just had to remind you, haha!

Karen, sounds like you are really clicking with your new rotation. Nice work! I love Meso 1 legs sooooo much. I also want to do the latest Leg Live but I think it will be too much jumping mixed in for me at this point. I am trying to keep leg day all low impact so that I can save my cardio energy for cardio days. I think your squat cage sounds great. My DH and I want one for our new workout room since we will have space. I just got an email from Cathe.com that says she has advanced turbo tower workouts coming out. I need to see what she's got up her sleeves. Maybe I will buy.

Today I did a 30mins Gymbox Step from YouTube and a 20 min pregnancy cardio DVD workout. The pregnancy workout wasn't my fave but at least she didn't treat us like invalids, which is a first! I just didn't like the dancey style. I don't like Zumba type stuff.

Well, I'm alive but barely! I did a 50# kettlebell circuit of swings, 4x30/ gob squats 4x20/ single calf raises 4x25. I swear I lost my arse on those swings and my HR is racing...cant breathe! I usually don't do more than 20 but today did 4x30....dying here! Next I did an ab circuit crunches 3x50/ seated knee ins 3x25 and cable crunches 3x30. I finished with pushups 1x35, strict press 95x12 and 1x12 chin ups. I am beat! I don't have the endurance you all have and that stuff freakin kills me! I still didn't do any squats, still favoring the right knee, but I felt like I got a lower body workout. Enjoy the weekend Commandos!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.