Lifting like girls

Tom, you got those shoulders good! And you even showed up today in your gym? Apparently the St Paddy's beers gave you weekend mojo.

Karen, don't worry, I will buy all your DVDS from your kids in the estate sale. :) too bad for me that you are so fit that you are going to live forever! Sounds like your bday was 100% party, which is 100% what it should be! Congrats on Meso 1, enjoy the active week off. Please tell me which of your Tracie workouts are your favorites once you get a chance to go through all them. Tell your DH that your DVD buying is really actually an act of service to others. Lol

My workout was a YouTube Step video. This week I am going MIA, going to take a staycation with the family and spend time resting and being silly while there are still only 4 of us. Will probably pop in to read and "like" what you two are doing but I probably won't post until next Monday or so. Have a great week!

Today I work until about 3 then off to the airport. I did arms today, pretty much samo samo, 5 x10 pushdowns/ 5x10 ez bar curls ( I actually tweaked my back on my first curl and put on my belt!! geeze the geezer years "be not kind"!). Next were crossbody tris 2x10/ hammer curls 2x10 and finished with kickbacks 2x25/ conc curls 2x15. Lisa, enjoy your R&R...well deserved! Karen, enjoy your alternate time to sts and I will struggle TRYING to enjoy the cruise...the agony and burden some must suffer through!! Have a great week ladies..not sure what w/o's I will be doing this week but gonna try to get sumpin in!

Yes Tom, I can see that your cruise will be a huge struggle. TRY to enjoy it. This morning was a 5 mile walk. To the coffee shop and back. No latte or mocha this time. Just a small coffee.
Lisa, I will definitely let you know what I think of the new (to me) Tracie Long. So far, they all seem to be a winner.
Have a great day everyone. I will be home today, enjoying my time away from the "office." (I could get used to this)
Lisa, have a great staycation. Take care, and enjoy the time.

The past 2 days have been Tracie Long "Longevity" workouts. This morning was Defined Lines. Liked this one quite a bit. Yesterday was another "Longevity," can't remember the name. Will post later. I liked it, but I liked this morning workout more. Post later guys. Tom, don't have too much fun, and Lisa, hope you are well, and enjoying your "babyless" time.

I did get a little back and shoulder in with son 2 ( midnight as usual with him!) 4 sets of pullups, 3 sets light strict press, 3 sets side laterals, 3 sets front raises and 3 sets rear delt flys. The cruise starts tomorrow so May get something in tonight...we will see. Pretty quiet out there ladies...don't make me come back ( Lisa, I guess your "slackerdom" was preapproved!!) But Karen??? Enjoy the day friends...I want the best for y'all while I am suffering thru mid seventies and sunshine...the cruelty never ends!

Ok, Lisa, yesterday's Longevity workout was ReBoot Real Evolution. It was a good workout, just one of those Tracie workouts that takes a minute to catch on. If you know what I mean. But, if they are all this good, I may have to buy more. This morning I was sweating bullets. Maybe I retained a bunch of water overnight. But, it was dripping. Seems to happen more with me, when I work out first thing in the morning. With the weather becoming warmer, I sweat more.
Oh, and one more thing!!!! TOM! We don't need to hear that's it's mid seventies and sunshine. We have had great weather, but today is rain. So no more of that! Enjoy your stay & va cations. I'm ready for another one, two full days of work, and I need more slack time. Take care!

Hi guys, hope your relaxation level is way up there. This morning was from Tracie Long's 30 minute Studio Series titled Metabolic Strength 3&4. Has 2, 30 minute workouts. "Well Built" & "Full Steam Ahead." I did Well Built......loved it! Short, but packs a lot into 30 minutes, using weights. It's a full body workout. Will do Full Steam Ahead tomorrow. Take care!

Hi guys, hope your relaxation level is way up there. This morning was from Tracie Long's 30 minute Studio Series titled Metabolic Strength 3&4. Has 2, 30 minute workouts. "Well Built" & "Full Steam Ahead." I did Well Built......loved it! Short, but packs a lot into 30 minutes, using weights. It's a full body workout. Will do Full Steam Ahead tomorrow. Take care!
Unlimited great food, definitely LIMITED ability to decline...,May need a dolly to get me off this thing!! Hope they have a gym lol!

I know I said I was out all week but I can't help myself, gotta pop in and say hi!

Karen, I appreciate your Tracie reviews. I thought the new metabolic one looked really good. I think there was a new core one too, but I didn't think I would like that one very much. Did you get it? I have also been tempted to buy the Reboot workouts, so now I guess I am going to have to, lol! You seem like you are having fun this week!

Tom, you enjoy yourself. I think if you do a couple of gob squats...using your full dinner plate as the weight...you are totally cancelling out the extra carbs. Ha! I am sure your midnight weight lifter DS will drag you into the gym sometime during the trip! Keep living it up!

We've had fun on my end. Making progress on the house build FINALLY! Getting in a few workouts. Like today was total body Amy Bento Drop Set Strength DVD. A great workout if you choose the right weights for your body but it is too long. 90 mins! I always have to skip parts. Other than that, Oh boy. I am definitely at the end of this pregnancy. My energy is low and ouch, all the aches and pains! I haven't gained much weight. It just the disproportionate bowling ball stomach tugging on the other muscles in my body, lol!

Enjoy the rest of your week and the weekend, my buddies!

Well Lisa, you have my permission to have your baby. Three of my kids were born in April. 6th, 8th, and 9th, and DH on the 3rd. Yes, first two weeks of April are busy. Take care. Have fun, Tom!
Oh, yes I am having fun. I did not buy tracie's Core workout. There was only 1 review, and the reviewer did not like it. I did buy both 1&2 DVDS. Liked the metabolic DVD more. Hope this helps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatal

Last edited:
Hey friends! I did get a little lifting in, nothing organized but at least not a total loss. Did some pull ups and arm dumbbell work on the cruise...really nice gym but no oly bars just dumbbells up to 65# and a lot of nice machines. After we got home I did some chest and tris at son 2's gym. Heading home today and will get back on schedule ...hopefully! Hope everyone is well!

Tom, safe travels back home. I am sure hitting the home gym hard tomorrow will help you beat the post vacation blues! So, are the Disney cruises all that they are cracked up to be? What's the verdict?

Karen, yes! Your Tracie reviews have been super helpful. I suspected that the metabolic ones would be the best. That's where she really seems to shine. So are you on to the start of Meso 2 this week?

Had a great week of doing different stuff. My DH and I are so dorky, our definition of living it up is trying out all the local coffee joints! Also got some good park time in and enjoyed mostly great weather except rain on occasion. So, guys, I don't want to give dates because I still feel superstitious, but DS is going to be here in less than 3 weeks either by nature or by the doctor making it happen. But apparently April bdays are totally awesome since Karen's family goes crazy for being born in April, lol! So until the big day I am going to do my best with the weights and probably just walk for cardio. Today was Jessica Smith TV YouTube, 40 min legs. It was actually a good free workout! I had only ever done her walking stuff before but she did great with this weight workout.

Happy Monday!

Back on sched! Back and bi day, 3 sets of chins, 3 sets of pullovers, 3 sets 1 arm cable pulls, 4 sets ez bar curls, 2 sets hammer curls and 1 set conc curls. I finished with 2 sets of cable crunches and called it a day! I did put on a few "cruise pounds" but chalking it up to family bonding! We all used scopolamine patches but several got a little sea sick anyway..first night was really rough, people had trouble walking. They said the winds were 60 mph and that it was the wildest many cruise veterans had seen. It didn't bother me at all, guess the patch worked! Was a great time and I think the fam is planning another! Have a great week Ladies! (Lisa, not too much cardio or your little passenger may need a patch!!)

Guys, I need to post. I have started Meso 2 of STS. Can't remember it being this fun. So today was the second workout on Tracie Long's Metabolic DVD. "Full Speed Ahead," or something like that. My DH is out of town this week, so I don't have to share the gym with him. Yea, I'm selfish. Tom, good to see you back at full speed. Lisa, take care of yourself. Tomorrow will be back and biceps of STS. Glad you all enjoyed your stay and va's. Good to have you back. Talk later, make it a good one. Well, I should have looked at my STS book. Tomorrow is legs day. I'm glad, I'm kinda upper body sore. Will see how that goes.

Last edited:
Tom. Thanks for the cruise details. Sounds worth it, especially since you are all planning a repeat. The next time will probably be like a cakewalk after the 60mph winds this time! We'll chalk the extra lbs up to sea water weight, lol. Be gone before you know it!

Karen, I love the Meso 2 legs. So fun yet so hard. That 1min break between trisets is always a gift from God!!! Lol. Way to work it. I am sure you miss your DH but yeah, sometimes it's nice to not share.

Feeling under the weather so I took yesterday off, and I am also taking today and tomorrow off. Just listening to my body which is currently being controlled by my roommate in my belly, lol. Only bad thing is that inactivity kills my appetite. Forcing down the food, ugh!

Couldn't do it yesterday, was still looking at the clock at 3 AM so I just reset the alarm. I did get shoulders in today, doing less sets but longer reps. 5 sets strict press, 2x15 on side laterals, rear delt flys and front raises and barbell shrugs x40 x30. Again, I will try to get legs in over the weekend. I seem to have lousy sleep nights frequently but this one really put me in a cranky mood and I was doing dumb $h!t stuff all day! I even fired off an email that was pretty abrupt...not really like me but kinda hadda day! Hopefully Mr. Sweetie Pie is back today lol! Karen, way to bludgeon yourself on leg day...I'm in awe and Lisa...NOT the time to push it!!..enjoy the rest time. Weekend is coming! Have a "goodun" friends!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.