Lifting like girls

Well, the lunges from yesterday's STS, have fried my butt and legs. I was planning on something cardio from Cathe Live, but DH and I decided on a five mile walk, then a dog walk. I'm thinking my legs are done. Won't be doing anything until Monday morning. Have a great weekend guys!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Karen, Tom, I think you can both claim victory over your leg workouts this week. The DOMS speak for themselves. Have a great weekend stretching out those limbs!

Today was Cathe's Cardio + Weights DVD, but I substituted prenatal core work at the end.

Ya just never know! Last nite was another lousy sleep night and I thought I would have a "go thru the motions" day but it ended up a really good chest day. I did 10 sets of bench and did 4 sets at over 200 including a shorter double at 225 just to get used to the feel and for a poor bencher like me it felt good! I was able to do some long rep sets coming down and , again, did rom isos between sets. Next I did 3x10 incline bench at a lighter weight, and tri pushdowns x12 x10 x8 and 2x20 kickbacks. Hopefully tonight will be better sleepwise. I used to sleep like a rock, but I am a light sleeper now....old age I guess! May the Monday merriment be kind to all Commandos!

Sleep eluded me as well last night, Tom. I ended up still having a great workout. Did Kelly Coffey Meyer Weights Workout, a solid 55 mins of total body weights. I had wanted to do legs but was too groggy. Tom, I think it's stress plus wacky hormones that come with aging...even for men...that brings the sleep issues. Of course, I will just blame having children...right Karen? ;)

Ohhh, absolutely right!!! Today was Disk 7 of STS. Another great workout.

I think DH and I walked at least 10 miles this weekend. Felt good. I need to find tomorrow's workout, so will post more tomorrow!

Last edited:
Back and bi day here, 3 x8 chin ups, but the first set I did overhand wide...usually don't do these because they bother everything.... elbows, shoulders, thumbs etc but survived them. next was 3x10 dumbbell pullovers, and 3x8 1 arm cable pulls. For bi's I did 3x10 ez bar curls and 1 set of 21's and a set of concentration curls....had a case of "fried bi's"! Have a terrific Tuesday ladies!

Karen, 10 miles? Wow! I love walking, especially when I get to venture out with my DH. Nice work on the STS train!

Tom, fried bi's are much healthier than fried chicken, so way to go!

Today was Timesaver Step Grooves Live from November and I added a short pregnancy cardio segment as well.

Have a great Tuesday!

Made it to leg day! 4x8 bench squats, 3x20 gob squats, 3x10 deadlifts,3x25 barbell calf raises and 3x25 single leg calf raises. Feels good to get it out of the way and maybe I can do something else Sat! Enjoy the day friends!

Leg day for me, too! I was super tired this morning so I made a bargain with myself to do as much as felt good and permission to hit the pause button as much as needed. With those parameters, ended up having a great workout doing Lovin Those Legs Live from May 2016. Feel proud of myself!

Have a great Wednesday, friends! It's almost the weekend and better yet almost Spring!

Hey guys! I haven't checked in for awhile. Yesterday was a very fun Cathe Live. Can't remember the year, but the workout was a 39 minute step workout Cathe did the week before Thanksgiving. I loved her outfit, and I want one like it. Hot pink top with blue tights, with big splotches (or flowers) of pink. Matching shoes of course. Loved it, and the workout.
This morning was workout 8 of STS, back and triceps. I'm loving STS. Having a great time. Nice leg work, Tom and Lisa.
Yayyy the weekend, and triple yayy for Spring. So ready!! Have a great day!

Yesterday was a no show and it wasn't even leg day! Just couldn't get up, reset the alarm forward another 1.5 hours and slept in. I guess I did decide what I would do Sat.....shoulders! I did make it to arm day, but no zeal and I did go lighter on a few of the lifts. 4x10 pushdowns/ 4x10 ez bzr curls, !!skullcrushers x12 x10 x10/ dumbbell curls 3x10 and 1 long set of seated knee ins. Just didn't have any zip, but did get some work in despite it. I guess the weather here is going to be miserable Sat, snow and cold, so....might as well lift!!! Have a great weekend friends!

Hi guys! Yesterday's workout was Cathe Live "Bodyworks" from 02/02/2017. Another great "Live." Today will be STS disk 9 Legs. Took a 5 mile walk yesterday, so doing legs today may be interesting.
Nice work, Tom. Lisa, hope you are well. Have a great weekend guys. Will post tomorrow.

Add on.......the weather here will be in the 60's all weekend. By Tuesday close to 70's. Lovin' it!!

Tom, at least it's shoulders for Saturday. You can take your aggression regarding the weather out on your unsuspecting delts. Karen and I are both getting good weather this weekend, but after the $hitty winter we have had here I would say we've earned it!

Karen, are you walking outside or on the treadmill? Do you have a Fitbit or something to track your steps? You must be getting loads of them! Nice Live workout. I think that one looks great but will be on my postpartum wish list. Good luck with the legs today!

I did a steady state step workout from YouTube. Jenny Ford Spicy Step. Very intricate choreography, which I love. And also low impact. Win win!

TGIF! Be back either Sat or Mon. Have a great one!

Good for you Tom. It's nice to reset the alarm occasionally. Some days are like that.But, you did get arms done. Like Lisa stated, glad it's you getting the snow. I am so over $hitty weather. (right on Lisa) But, it is only March, so I do expect more.
DH and I walk outside. But, we walk down to the coffee shop, two miles, have a mocha, then walk back, adding in one extra mile. If there are any gains made, I'm sure the mocha takes care of them. Take care, TGIF!

Shoulder day made up. 6 sets strict press, 3x10 single arm side laterals, 3x10 rear delt flys, 3x10 dumbbell front raise, 1 set of shoulder 21's and 3x30 barbell shrugs. I finished with 2x8 chin ups and decided tomorrow I would do a core day, I think this is the first time this winter that I would like to trade weather with y'all! Sounds like everyone is being productive...Karen doing the "Mocha Mile" and Lisa honing in the dance groves! Enjoy your improved weather Ladies!​

Yesterday was a walk day. Thought it would work out some of my soreness from Friday leg day. Just made it worse. Have to hold on to the walls and bannister going down stairs. Probably won't do that again. See you all tomorrow.

Whoo Karen, Friday must have been intense! I love upper body doms, but lower?? not so much! Hang in there. Today became ab/leg day. I did crunches x 50/ knee ins x25/ cable crunches x 30 and side plank x 1 min and repeated the circuit 3 times. Next I did 3x25 kb swings and 3x20 gob squats. I felt like this was a really productive core and thutt w/o and beat not going down to the dungeon at all! Finish your weekend up right Commandos cause Monday is coming!

Have to hold on to the walls and bannister going down stairs.

Oh, Karen, sorry but your visual description of your pain made me LMAO. Take it easy today!

Finish your weekend up right Commandos cause Monday is coming!

Ugh, Tom, did you have to remind us? Eek!

Unusual Sunday post for me, but I'm sitting at my computer for once, so why not? Yesterday I did Strong & Lean Reps Live (1/26/17). This was TOUGH. I had to take a lot of breaks. I mean...a lot, a lot, a lot. My upper body can still take the heat, but my legs? Not so much.

I just got a Fitbit so today I'm trying to move around and just get my steps. I set the standard 10K goal. We'll see how realistic that actually is for me.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.