Control The Damage Feb Month!

Good Morning:)

Quick check in. I soooo did not want to get up this morning. The next two days I don't have to get up so early cause dh isn't working so no need to drop the boys off. We are suppose to be going out for a drink tonight with one of his coworkers and his girlfriend, I haven't met them yet. So I probably won't be working out tonight, unless something changes.

Last nights workout was GS bics and shoulders, 30 mins on the TM and DWP.

Laura** yep survived the 2nd day. Every time I start a new job I'm like..."I don't know if I like this". They know I'm not a receptionist by trade so I have things to learn. So far I've managed to sort the mail and do a few things on the computer. Awful lot of smokers work there:eek: even a pregnant women....not cool:confused:

Wendy** the girl that is training me is ok...I haven't fully figured her out yet b/c everyone likes to tease her a lot so I have a feeling that she might be fun...it's just that I don't see it yet so I don't want to give up all together...lol. How's your job going? And what are you doing about your internship now?

Diana** I guess your legs were sore after all that working out:eek:. It seems like my legs don't get sore when I purposely try, like a weight workout. It sneaks up on me when I least expect it!

I'll bbl!

Lori:)

WED

Morning Ladies ..

ystdy - SIL adn I did COMBAT Power HiiT + Strength n Stretch :) SIL was soooo sore from TS ... poor thing .. I didnt think I was sore until I started working out and my legs felt like LEAD :confused: - it was a great workout tho - and S&S :confused: ok I was expecting Yoga .. I got BURNING my arse/legs off slow hard work!!!! :confused: not what I was expecting!! Tonight is a tabata + LIS Trisets LB! I may try to hit CC and pound out heavy weights at lunch since i havent made it yet this week!!! so i will really be complaining tmrw if I do!!!

Lori - Hey its HUMP DAY .. woohoo!! yet another celebration us poor working people use to get us thru the work week .. come on friday!!! gggrrrrr makes me mad to see a pregnant person smoking .. come on people!!!

Wendy - I said same thing about Ravens uniforms .. they were close to my AU colors .. good enough for me!! LOLOLOL

DI - what is on tap for today?

OK .. better run .. have a great one ..

Hi Ladies,

Early conference call for me this morning, still on it actually. No workout to report for this morning.

I so hate not sleeping well. I fell asleep fine but woke up around 2ish and couldn't fall back to sleep. What did I do.....laundry! It was so hard getting up today.

My family...men in general are so stinkin' lazy! I was so mad last night. I'm working on our taxes and DS2 was supposed to clean the kitchen. He decides he's going out...I mention "it's your kitchen night". He doesn't even empty the clean dishes out of the dishwasher, he just added to it. WTF??? DS3 didn't clean the house like he was supposed to last weekend. GGGRRR Help out or get out is what I really wanted to say.

Laura-sounds like you and SIL are getting in some awesome workouts!

Wendy-It's about time we get some personals from you!:cool: At least one of the two admins you work for are good. It would totally suck if they were both standoff-ish. I'm going to cancel my WW online membership. I do better when I go in person to meetings.

Lori-I'm going out for drinks with some girls from work tonight too! You will be fine at this job. You're a smart girl and don't let anyone tell you otherwise. Maybe the girl that is training you will come around more once she knows you're staying.

TG-what's on your plate today?

Where's Jacque?

bbl

Hey Ladies :)

Just checkin in with this morning work out for now...

Zcut#6(ten min Internal training w/no rest), half of the Zcut ab routine and the lunge segment from Tonique Premier. No time for Burn Sets today...

I am tired. I went to bed entirely too late last night and for absolutely no good reason. Grrrrr. So pist at myself for that one. I am not going right home after work either. Have a 6pm apptmnt to do some interning so I need to go straight there from work. Only planning on staying about an hour though. I should survive. :p

BBL or ITAM w/personals. :)

Popping back in . . .

Hey Ladies !

Last week + was busy and tiring. Had my 3 day training class and loads of hockey games and not enough sleep. Only a couple of workouts completed. Issues at work have me on the road and in a hotel tonight with a little time to ME . . . ! :D

No workout today and not thinking I'll get enough sleep to be worthwhile tomorrow I may not do anything in the AM. Should be home early enough to get a workout in tomorrow night - DH has hockey ! :p :rolleyes:

Hanging with a coworker - had a nice "girls night away" and with the CABS down the hatch will catch up on end of Jan & Feb posts to see what you have been up to. Still on the road tomorrow but hoping to be back to "normal schedule" by Friday . . . Hate it when Life Gets In The Way of my workout friends and my workouts !

BB when I can get here . . .

Just finished reading the remainder of Jan ! :eek: Seems like decades ago . . .

Laura & TG - so sorry for your sad family matters. So hard to go through those things.

TG - thanks for the compliments on my pics. Those Cathe pics are when Diana and I met at the San Diego RT. Fun times, but unfortunately about 15 lbs of total fluff for me. Am trying to regain better metabolism and muscle tone this year as an additional goal to keeping current with my "control Damage" buddies here. Hope I can make it come true. . .

Lori - I turned the "magic" 55 on 1/28 . . . spent the day in a training class and DH forgot . . . DD sent flowers and chocolates from the 8 hours away that she is now. . . :( DS2 texted me but DS 1 & GK's called so that was a nice end to my evening ! :D I think I read it right that your little one and I have the same BDay? Cool in my book !

Diana - yes I remember my resolution and strongly considered sleep vs work vs hockey vs workouts vs posting . . . hard to weigh priorities sometimes and, after 4 hours of sleep with a long trip and emotional work . . . I am hanging in there and may . . . may . . . workout if I can get enough sleep. ;)

Wendy & Lori - congrats on the new employment . . . Hope all works out well for you.

May have some downtime while coworker has meetings . . . will get back on track and also catch up on this months threads . . . :p

TTFN

Last edited:
Gah..no personals from me yet ladies. Sorry! :(

This morning I did burn sets for shoulders and the step and disc cardio from all out low impact.

Time to get to work! BBL! :)

THURS -

MOrning Ladies ..

Last night was Tabata 1 &2 + LIS TS UB + w/heavy weights at the CC at lunch DOMS: delts - tris (so far) - it is POURING rain here .. not sure what today will bring .. was really expecting not to be able to move today ... was hoping the weather would cooperate and a run would be in order - that is not gonna happen!! may fit in combat 60 tho!

Wendy - no pesonals again -shame on you girlie .. LOL .. jk .. this workin' gig is tuff stuff isnt it!! LOL hey how is the interning gig going???? do report how are you liking it!

Jacque - glad to hear from you! be careful on the road .. I know what you mean about LIFE GETTING IN THE WAY .. that describes MY past YEAR of my life!!

Di - I think you may need to post that huge sign on the front door "HELP OUT OR GET OUT" .. I think the main problem is a universal one heard the world over - and it has to do w/a certain MALE GENE!!! :mad:

Lori - hoping the job is going well - and the coworker is warming to your charms!!!

OK .. better run ... there are some people here at work doing the Biggest Looser weight loss challenge - well PIA n her croonies are doing it .. and have heard some 'comments' that DID NOT sit well with me :mad: sooooooooo I am on a mission .. i am gonna help "guide" MY coworkers ...:eek:.... OH YEA ... you know it .... :eek: .... gave them their first "homework assignment" for tonight :D they gonna love hating me!!! :p:p:p:p:p:p

have a great one!

Hi Girls. :)

Checking in on my lunch break.

I slept well and enough last night but I still feel tired. WTH!? :confused:

Laura:: LOL-seriously-I haven't really seriously "WORKED" in years considering my "job" at the bank was such a joke! :rolleyes: So you must tell us what exactly the Biggest Loser Challengers said that didn't sit well w/you and then you also must tell what your response was! :D I am enjoying interning. The place I went to last night I like better so far but it's kind of early to judge fairly so I'll give the Y a few more chances. ;)

Jacque:: Busy lady I see! Safe travels and catch up with us when you can! :)

Lori:: So did you go out for drinks with that couple last night? How was it? I am in the midst of doing my PT internship. I've spent about 90 mins on 3 different occasions between 2 gyms so far...only a few more hours to go! ;):p:D I feel for you having to run so many kids around before going to work! The one I have is quite enough! LOL

Di:: Sorry about your lazy boys. :mad: If my son is lazy it's bc me and DH fail to keep on top of it all the time. He's too young yet to not take some of that blame! :eek: As for my DH, well, he has his moments...both good and bad! He is good though in that he will do anything I ask as long as I'm not asking in a way that is likely to start a fight! :eek: While I was out of work though, there wasn't much he had to do but again, if I asked for help for some reason, he would help me. Now he's starting to pitch in again since I am back to work. Overall though I do find that most men STINK at doing things around the house on their own. My DH is HORRIBLE at picking up after himself. Drives me batty! :mad:

Ok, I think that catches me up for now.

Toodles until later!:cool:

Hi Girls

Just finished my workout. I was so tired this evening after work...these early mornings are catching up to me:eek:. And it's not as if I get to sleep in on the weekends either. I did GS back,and tris, STSFB shoulders, HR abs, 20 mins on the TM, 30/30 and tabata spin. Felt like I opened the DVD player about a million times!

We went out last night and of course DH invited the couple back here. I thought I was gonna have to go on to bed a few times. I slept well though.

Friday has a whole new meaning now:eek: Before if I worked Fridays, I worked the whole weekend. I'm looking forward to having a couple of days off. I am starting to learn who everyone is....it's hard to remember all those names! But I feel comfortable in the job. I know I still have something's to learn but they know I don't have a receptionist back ground so it's to be expected.

I received my designing resistance training program book yesterday! I'm looking forward to reading it...but it's BIG!

Diana** those boys should be bending over backwards BUT I know all to well about people getting to comfortable and expecting things. Geez....even the guy in the basement expects me to do his dishes now cause I've done them a few times. Get a load of this one. So he thaws out hamburger meat on Friday...cooks it Tuesday!!! Wants us to try it (we don't cause we don't want food poisoning) so what he left for us goes untouched, when I get up in the morning he's putting it in the fridge! So it's been thawed out for 5 days, cooked, left on the counter over night, then put in the fridge to eat later..Barf!! He's got meat in the fridge now that he thawed out god only knows when.....maybe Egyptians stomachs are tougher then ours...I dunno. All I know is I'm not touching it.

Jacque** I didn't know that you two had the same bday! Guess Ill never forget your bday again!! I better your a super hot 55 yr old though:) Was DH in the dog house for forgetting??? Mine would have been! Lol

Wendy** how many hours of interning do you need? I think my job will involve lots of sorting and filing but I'm good with that! Esp if they are gonna pay me good money to do it. I often stay up to late too. I think it's just enjoying the quiet time and sitting on the couch.

Laura** you and your sil have been enjoying some good workouts. How is your brother feeling? My coworker is ok.she seems like a stick in the mud but I don't really think she is. I did make her laugh today! Ha!

So we have decided to move. As RCMP we are entitled to a lot of the military benefits. When we moved here they had no housing opened but now they do. Full size homes, 4 bedrooms, redone...for 1200 a month. That's what we are paying now but this place is a circus. We are renting from a ticking time bomb and I think he is putting the house on the market anyway....

I will bb tomorrow some time!

Hi Ladies,

Yesterday I did Xtrain CSB and had bootcamp class last night. Once again my legs are killing me. I'm guessing it's from all the stair running. Speaking of running, I need to start doing some of that if I intend to finish the HM I signed up for. My training partner has an injury and has been told not to run for 4 weeks by her Dr. She had a cortisone shot in her hip and said that seems to helping for right now.

I was hoping to work from home today but that's not going to happen. I had to schedule a meeting with a director and he wasn't available until this afternoon. Hopefully I can leave after the meeting and still get to bodypump and bodystep class tonight! That's the plan since I'm not working out this morning.:eek:

I had parent/teacher conferences last night and Jerod is doing very well this semester, all A's and B's so far.:D All his teachers talk about how smart he is, but he just doesn't apply himself or does the bare minimum. DH and I have been stressing how important getting good grades is, especially this year. These are the grades that colleges will be looking at.

He is off school today...and cleaning the house! I told him he either needed to do it today, or pay me $35 if I had to do it. $35 is how much his brother pays him to clean the house when it's his turn.

Lori-Glad to hear your job seems to be going well....and that you get to move. I bet you are super happy about that!!! Goodness, throw out that hamburger...disgusting. I bet you did open your dvd player a million times! I do that too, but usually on the weekends.

Wendy-This working gig is cutting into your posting time!:eek: You are a busy lady with your new job and getting your interning hours in. Amanda said her Z disc 1 is scratched. I got to preview it when I made a copy, classic Zuzana and I think I will love it. The ab w/o looks great. I didn't see the w/u or cool down though. I just cancelled my ww online. I also cancelled my gym membership near my work. I'm using fitday (free) and my new gym membership at my neighborhood gym. Trying to clean up our budget a bit! My DH will help out if I ask, but he doesn't see or care about what needs to be done without a little push. When I visiting the girls, he told me on Monday morning the day I was flying back that he better clean the kitchen since it hadn't been done since I did it on Thursday night!

Laura-I'm envious of all your w/o's. It would behoove the Biggest Loser Challengers to take your advice, they just may not thank you for it....yet. Hopefully they understand you have some experience and they could certainly learn from you.

Jacque-I seemed to have forgotten how much you have to travel for work. Enjoy those hockey games, is a short season with a ton of games. Workout when you can...we'll be here...you know where to find us.:D

TG-what are you up to?

bbl

Good Afternoon. :)

Posting on my lunch break again. It works. ;)

This morning I musta' had rocks in my head when I decided to do Insanity Asylum Speed & Agility....for the first time EVER! :eek: Holy cr@p! What a work out! I'm still tired from it! :p Loved it though! :cool: I think I am going to start a modified Asylum rotation....NOW! :D

Well I was supposed to go to the gym for 11am tmrw to intern again but the weather might put a monkey wrench in my plans. Bummer. :( Time will tell though...

Diana:: Maybe you need to do an upper body only work out and give those poor legs of yours a break soon! I wish someone would pay ME $35 to clean the house! :p

Lori:: How are you still doing super long work outs now that you are back to work f/t? :eek: I can't go over an hour or I run late! My certification requires 30 hours of interning but I'll probably do more. The one gym I am interning at is willing to do whatever it takes to get me to where I am ready to actually start selling and training...assuming I am going to work THERE after I'm done ofcourse!;) Oh so glad that you get to move out of that crazy living situation you are in! I would have had a melt-down by now if I were you! :eek:

Guess that's all for now. BBL or ITAM!:cool:

Hi Girls

Let's see how this works. I'm not use to checking in on my phone. It seems rather slow! So I'll just make it quick.

I'm here kind of alone. They've left me at the desk with nothing to do :s. An hour is long when you have nothing to do.

So my life keeps getting better. When we got up this morning we noticed another pair of boots. The guy who owns the house slept downstairs last night....like seriously!? Are you FK me!? You rent your home out and then you figure you can sleep there too when your gf throws your sorry ass out? I was thinking we would move into the new spot at the end of the month cause we did pay a months rent after all but at this rate we may move ASAP. AND this "dude" is sleeping next to the laundry room where I workout. If he thinks I'm going to be quiet tomorrow morning he has another thing coming. I usually take the boys to the basement with me while I do weights and then put the baby down for his nap before cardio and I will be doing the same thing tomorrow morning...moron!

Wendy** I'm working out in the evenings, that's how I'm getting these workouts in. If I had to do it in the a.m I'd have to get up to early! I'm like you, I need coffee first, I can't just workout. In order to do all of that, I'd have to get up at 4 and that's not happening. So when the baby goes to bed I workout. Tonight I may even have a little longer cause dh is working and I won't feel like I have to spend time with him! Lol. The weather has been nice here the last few days so if it's nice tomorrow I might run when he wakes up. That's good about your internship. Do you feel like your being pulled in all different directions??

Diana** yep...you better start running :). I'd like to do something. Mostly cause I feel like my running is going downhill these days. I'll look for any excuse to get off of the tm for a sec. Might be cause I need a towel, or I want to change the show I'm watching! Ha! That's awesome about jerod. DD does really well too. She has done really well with this move. I've probably had the hardest time out of anyone but atleast now my parents can come visit...or anyone for that matter!!

I'll bbl!!!

Lori

TGIF

:p BEEN BUSY BEE today .. yowza - well ystdy - COMBAT 60 - I put in the live 60 and changed it .. wasnt sure if the "live crowd" woudl distract or irritate me .. so I popped it out .. I LOVE that workout .. but Wendy has assured me that LIVE 60 is even better .. so I will be trying it tmrw or SUN .. for sure!! Between WED uber UB and heavy weights workouts and combat 60 my back adn arms were fried . . so naturally I decided to try Combat upper body blowout :eek: oh ya .. thinking it was gonna be a good lunch choice .. ummmm should have known better .. it was tuff .. combat style .. ripped my upperbody and core and left me sweaty! oh well .. DONE .. and on to countdown to 5 oclock and DATE NIGHT woot woot!

Lori - OK first of all the meat thing is DISGUSTING ..unless it is sitting in the ton of snow outside in the freezing cold ... throw it out .. I wouldnt even want it in same fridge as my food - second -GO FOR THE HOUSING .. that sounds like a good deal and your best bet my friend!!! YIKES!!!!!! How do you keep your sanity????? Now the owner is there ????? holy crap!!!!

DI - ya for Jerods grades .. and ya for him cleaning .. even tho you kinda threaten him .. oh wait .. I mean gave him an INCENTIVE to clean!! LOLOLOL .. re: biggest looser - my girls are fired up .. right now they are in third and fourth place in the race .. woot woot!!!! :D

Wendy - was that your FIRST time doing S&A???? my FAV workout ever???? and you did it in the MORNING??? crazy girl!!! and aren't you having like a blizzard or soemthing????? geesh ... I dont think I could move that fast that early in the morning .. but it was FUN wasnt it????????

OK .. better run .. helping the boss on a "fitness" project .. :).. been working my butt off today!! have a great one .. I will touch base tmrw -

So yeah, I know no one is dying here but seriously...cut me some slack already. Looked down at my new ring tonight and one of the diamonds are gone. Like seriously!!! I've had the ring for 5 days...didn't put my hands in water, wear it to bed or working out and now there is a diamond missing and this ring wasn't cheap. I'm so rotted right now. Laura thought her head did spins last week...well mines about to explode!

I'll come back for personals. I'm to irritated to talk!

Lori:mad:

Good Morning

I feel a bit better this morning. My friend just text me and asked how I was feeling and I said fine for now...that's until the coffee is gone, the strangers in the basement wake and I look at my ring again! The baby slept well. I guess whatever was bothering him, for the most part, seems to be subsided! Which is good. He didn't wake until almost 7. I think he's teething.

I'm gonna get a good workout in today. Sucks to be the f'in landlord. Maybe next week this time we will be moving! And all of his crap that I had to put in boxes in the garage, I shall not be bringing back in. A-hole.

I thought I'd get out for a long run today cause the weather as been pretty nice but it looks like we had a layer of snow over night. I'll wait it out. I'm likely to go on to the basement anyway. I'd like to do some UB stuff and then a run mixed in with LB.

Laura** your really enjoying your new workouts. You know how I enjoy ordering new stuff:) but t takes so friggin long to get it here! I thought we lived at the end of the world before. We are located In a better area but things take a little longer to arrive. I wouldn't mind some new workouts but I know I won't do them...just cause I'm a cathe snob and all;)

I'll bbl to report my workout!

sat

Hello girls...

We finally have sunshine here.. cold but the sun is out!

Lori..is this your wedding.ring???? Omg i would.be sick too..or any diamond or gem..that it sickening..yup my head would have exploded too. Sounds like you need a good stress releif workout today..maybe yall can get the housing thing going and be outta there soon.

Well either Combat live 60 or AB or SC is on tap for today..but if sil dont show..i may try a long run it is too pretty out to miss it...although the roads are gonna be muddy tmrw wld be better for a run..maybe a little dryer...

Ok..better run have a great one..i will try to bbl to see what everyone is up to.

Hi Ladies,

My body is sore this morning so I'm heading down for a Cathe cardio sweatfest to work out all this soreness!

Lori-OMG, can't believe a diamond has fallen out of your new ring already. Did you even have time to get insurance on it? At the very least the warranty should cover it. Yes, I think the sooner you are out of that living situation the better. Any updates on how the showings went? Nothing wrong with being a Cathe snob.:p I do love my Shaun T. though.

Laura-We are to have snow this weekend. This cold, snow and darkness is putting a damper on my HM training. Enjoy your workout today!

I've procastinated long enough, time to w/o.

bbl

Hey ladies!
Checking in from phone so forgive typos! :)

Thurs and Fri had my fab headaches so no workouts yet. On the way to a hockey game, will be going to dinner after then "plan" is to hit a workout when I get home. Cardio if I'm mot too stuffed, weights if I'm still full.

Gonna read the past couple days while we're driving and will catch up on personals later or tomorrow.

Enjoy the weekend now that everyone is working again! :p

Good Afternoon Ladies.:)

So I am going to be venturing on to a new rotation come Monday morning (before finishing Combat) that I hope I don't regret. :p The Asylum 1 and 2 hybrid!!!:eek:

Today I will do A2's leg work out b/c I want to work legs anyway and this way I can try it out. I was told A1 is a harder series then A2. (Would you agree with that assessment, Di and Laura?) That intrigues me and I want to see if I agree so the hybrid rotation is a great way to find out...if it doesn't kill me first, that is!!! :eek::rolleyes::p

This morning when we returned from DH's cousin's house, the boys went sledding and I cleaned the house, did some laundry, ate lunch and promptly passed out. I was sooo tired from not getting enough sleep last night. :( I ended up sleeping too long though so now I'm chugging coffee so I can get my arse in gear for my work out!

Lori:: So what ring did you get that you lost a diamond out of already? Can you post a pic? Is it symbolic of anything or something you bought simply coz you liked it? Yeah, I am definitely feeling a little pulled in different directions but after sitting idol for 9 months at home and sitting idol for 2 years at my last job, I am actually enjoying being busy! The only way I can describe it is that it's making me feel really "alive" if that makes any sense. Also makes me feel better about myself because I feel "useful" again. Thank goodness! :eek: You really need to lose the "Cathe snob" thing! You don't know what you are missing! I love Cathe but there are definitely other awesome workouts out there and I just love the variety that other instructors with different styles bring to my exercise routine!:D

Laura:: So didja try Combat Live?? What did you think?? Yup, I sure did do S&A at 5:30 in the morning, dear! LOL How was date night? ;););)

Diana:: Hope you had a good work out!:) Now it's my turn! ;)

BBL!:cool:

Hi ladies,

I finally updated my cathe calendar with last weeks workouts after my morning sweatfest! What did I do you ask....Cardio Fusion Mix & Max 80 minute sweatfest. I used to love this doing this long w/o occasionally but it took me 3 discs to find the premix I wanted. Then I did 1 round of Zuzana's ab workout. I was wiped out after that cardio session.

The snow has started to fly. We are expecting 3-5 inches, not 3 feet or so that Wendy may have to deal with.

I need to go grocery shopping, balance checkbook, find a couple more tax documents etc. I'm missing some interest deduction documents. I think I can get the student loan interest and perhaps the home loan interest. I want to file my taxes tomorrow.

Wendy-TBH, I can't recall Asylum Legs. A2 legs, yeah I definitely remember that one. I was planning on doing legs followed by a cardio w/o....not necessary with A2 Legs as it has plenty of cardio in it also.

Jacque-too bad about the headaches. Laura has them too. Do you know what causes them or do you have any medication for when they hit? Workout when you can, you still have to live your life. Squeezing all those hockey games into a short season will make it tough to get everything in right now.

bbl

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.