Control The Damage Feb Month!

Hello Ladies. :)

Last night I did A2's Off Day Stretch. Felt great! I needed that! This morning I did A1 Strength. What a great work out! I didn't get my wish for no cardio but I loved it anyway! :p

TG:: Prayers going up for your niece. If she continues to breathe on her own then I hope she awakens some day soon as well. It would be unfortunate for her to have to "live" like that for a prolonged period of time.

Di:: Nice way to show Lori up with your work out, girl! ;) Ab machine? What ab machine?? LOL-re your going into work late in order to get a work out in! I completely understand. :) Okay so if you used the tutorial and still get tripped up then I DEFINITELY need to use it! The question is....WHEN!?!? :eek:

Laura:: I have more energy earlier in the day/morning as opposed to later in afternoon/evening. Granted, working out at 5:30 am is not my optimal time :eek: but I prefer that over working out at 7 or 8 pm. I definitely have more energy BEFORE the sun comes UP then I do AFTER the sun goes DOWN!:) You taught evening classes for several years so I can completely understand your preference to working out later in the day. Your lunch time work outs are like my 5 am'ers! ;):D

Lori:: So are you tired today from staying up too late last night? Our office shuts down from 12-1 for lunch. The only person working is someone manning the reception desk/phones and that person goes to lunch from 1-2 after everyone else returns. I don't mind. I'm used to eating earlier rather then later but at the bank I was so bored that I'd often eat lunch at 11am! :eek: It was awful!:mad: Here I am busy so I am usually not looking to eat any sooner and the afternoons still go by quickly for me. :) So when will you start your XTrain/Asylum rotation missy? I'm holding you to it, you know! ;)

That's all for now but BBL or tmrw!:cool:

Hey Wendy-here's a link to the ab glider thing I have: ab GLIDER at ProForm.com

No, you don't need this ab glider. :p It was given to me for free and it gets used by both Jerod and I.

As far as using the tutorial, well I did that on the weekends when I had more time. It's kind of hard to use during the workout, when we have limited time to w/o. Or you can just wing and simply get better at it each time you do it.

bbl

LMAO, Diana! You know me so well but no worries coz I can't fit a piece of equipment like that in my work out room! :p

Hi Ladies,

Well I'm glad you all found jobs, but being here alone every morning isn't much fun.

Gonna try some Cardio and Burn Sets Bi's & Tri's, and some some ab work.

bbl

Good Morning:)

I took the day off to MOVE:eek:. The girl that hired me asked if I needed the day off to move , which I thought was nice. I don't think my other boss would have asked me that...but he probably would have paid me if I did:eek:! Lol I struggled with taking it off cause I didn't want to lose a days pay but the more I thought about it, the more it made sense. DH wasn't going to get much done with the baby all day. We have a lot of bodies helping so hopefully it won't be long before we have everything moved. I packed up the kitchen last night and repacked his stuff in the kitchen. The one girl that I've met that I'm not sure if I like was here to help...and I'm still not sure if I like her!:p There is just something about her. I mean she is ok...she means well but I'd never call her and ask her to hang out. She came inside to help me but just watched and the conversation was very strained, she barely spoke. I went downstairs to do throw some towels in and when I came up she was gone back outside with the guys.....she must have gotten up as soon as I left. It was weird. It's the one where I've noticed,if its not about her , then she doesn't want to talk about it....

So yesterday and today I didn't and won't be working out. When I got off yesterday we started in and today we will be moving all day. I doubt I'll have the energy tonight but hopefully tomorrow we will be all set up. My parents are talking about visiting us in march! That would be awesome.

Diana** when I get in this new place and all set up, I should get a bench. I could probably get one at a yard sale somewhere for a good price. The last time I did squats with a barbell my hip clicked. So I grabbed my dumbbells again.

Laura** I really like a lot of the new workouts. My legs are still a little sore, not sure if that's from cardio legs or if its from the run I did on Sunday. I'll take it either way:)

Wendy** I'd rather workout in the morning too and have the evening to do other things but that's not going to happen with all that I need to do in the mornings. And I need coffee first. I think I use to drink coffee while doing weights when I was at my old job....lol. Well I was gonna surprise you guys and do a asylum workout yesterday but then I didn't get to workout:eek: How about I start on Monday!?;)

TG** that is awesome news about your niece!! My goodness....I thought you weren't checking in b/c she had passed away!

I'm not sure when we will have the Internet, it may be a couple of days so I may be MIA. Or I might check in from my phone at work!

I'll bb when I can!

Lori:)

WED

Morning Ladies -

Well I went to CC w/coworker last night "guided" her thru a nice little circuit based workout - was an easy peasy workout for me - a nice change of pace - but she had a good workout - she is a lot stronger than she wants to admit!! Said she has some nice DOMS today ... but not REAL bad .. which is what I was aiming for!! :D already getting some "disgruntled comments" from PIA & her croonies about ME giving "prefreintial treatment" by "training" my girls :confused: ummmmm . . I am NOT TRAINING .. I am gently GUIDING them thru a workout that I happen to be doing with them :confused: geesh!

Lori - WOOOHOOO you are moving .. man I am so happy for you!! I feel so much better about you getting out of that situation!! and good for your new boss .. that was a good gesture on her part!!! wow!! OK - have to laugh at your "help" .. sounds like she is not gonna be a "forever friend" .. LOLOLOLOL

DI - that glider looks like it would THICKEN the waistline instead of slim it .. :confused: .. totall oblique workout ????

Wendy - you are like me - you dont need any more equiptment .. LOL .. I prbly need to SELL some of mine...

Hello to all that follow ..

OK .. gotta get some work done .. then working on the fitness project w/the boss .. then getting hair done .. then hoping to make it to another "guided" workout session with my coworkers! ;)

Good Afternoon! :)

So I did A1 Relief last night and then completed A1 Spd and Agility for the 2nd time this morning. I think S&A got harder!? :confused:

Tmrw is a stretch/rest day according to the rotation and you can bet your booty that I'm takin' it! :D

Laura:: That whole oblique training/thicken or slim waistline thing goes in one ear and out the other for me because I have no waist so I don't have to worry about it! LOL I prefer to train my obliques with weights b/c I love the muscle definition it creates. I am not particularly curvey so it's not going to hamper anything in that dept for me. I think because I have no curves I want to make the best look I can with muscle where if I were curvey I may choose to do the opposite to maintain the curve....According to that hip/waist ratio thingy, I am more at risk for heart issues or whatever it is they say you are at risk for if your ratio is lower but it's just genetics for me. There's nothing I can do about it! It's how I'm built! :rolleyes:

Lori:: HAPPY MOVING DAY! I know how happy you are!!!! :D Don't worry, Asylum can wait until Monday ;)....but NO LONGER!!!!!:mad: :p Oh trust me, I do NOT work out before coffee!!!!!!!!:eek:

Di:: Sorry you are alone in the mornings. I log on to read but usually prefer to post after my work out is complete and there hasn't really been any time for posting afterwards since the new job started...Hence my new lunch time routine!:) Hope you had a kick-butt work out!:D

Ok, that's about all for today!

Be back tmrw!:cool:

Hi Ladies,

I ended up doing Burn Sets Bi's & Tri's and Core#1 this morning. For some reason I thought this was a short enough workout I could add cardio too. Not on a workday apparently. :confused:

Cardio is sounding good for the morning and StepBlast came to mind, and oldie but goodie. Not sure if stepping and bootcamp in the same day will make for a good combination, it my be too much for my knee right now.

Wendy-I think all the A2 w/o's get harder simply because we get better at following along, and not staring wondering "how in the world are you doing that"? :p I'm the dreaded Pear, I'm not at risk for heart/liver problems, but I can't find a stinkin' pair of jeans to fit my booty!

Laura-Too bad for PIA, you are simply passing on good information on exercise form and routines. I'm sure PIA is just jealous because you know what you're talking about. Actually the ab glider does a good job of whittling the waistline and giving those nice lines on the outsides of abs! It moves side to side, forward and back, at an angle side to side.

Lori-Yay for moving!!! Hope you get settled in quickly. Is this a bigger house? Were you able to bring all your stuff from your house, or is some of it in storage? I'm sure you will be thrilled to see your parents! DB's are fine for squats, but my heaviest weight is 35#'s so that puts my max at 70. I can do more than that but only using a BB. I think a bench would be nice too, but I just stack up my risers and use my step.

Jacque-More hockey games this week??? I have yet to watch a game this season, DH is still pissed about the 2nd lockout in a couple of years.

TG-what are you up to? Are you still following the combat rotation?

bbitam...probably to just talk to myself.:eek:

Hi girls !

It's late and I need to run through, dry my hair and get to sleep but wanted to pop in to say "hi" !

Back is not good :confused: thought it was going to be OK but alas all the sitting at work is not doing it well. Really stiff at night and can barely walk by that time. Sooooo I'm so bugged I can't work out !

Anyway, I'm trying to take it like a champ and keep positive. I should be able to start up again this weekend and TG it is a long one. Plus DH's Grandma passed away last week so Fri late AM will be her memorial. Sad but she had a good life for 92 years. She was a kick - these past couple years she was forgetting alot and she would tell you she couldn't remember who you were and then would laugh about it. Happy until the end.

That will give me another "day off" for the most part but I'll work a bit in the AM from home. And woo hoo, Sat AM is Hot Wheels morning 1 :p

Well, time to get outta here and get to sleep. Will catch up on personals later when I can . . .

Take care ladies 1

Happy Valentines Day !!

aahhhhh .. the day for lovers - the day of high expectations - the day for the men to STEP up and show us they CAN be romantic ... aahhhhhhh ...yes .. the day of inevitable let downs and disspapointments :p:p:p:p:p:p

Last night's guided session was a BLAST - yowza - we did HiiT circuits of heavy weights and cardio - I forgot how fun it was creating routines of torture and following thru with it!! :p:p jk .. it was fun! the girls are moaning today - one is having to hold on to something to sit down - they loved it tho!!! :D Today is a total rest day for me - havent had one in about 10 days .. it is time!!

Lori - have fun moving - hope things go smoothly!

Wendy - sounds like we have the same shape .. LOL .. that is why I avoid the heavy weight oblique training .. b/c i have NO waist .. I am a RULER with a poochy butt!!!

Di - Oh ya .. I am sure PIA is jealous - that is her main problem in her life - and it isnt just with me!!!

Jacque - sorry about DH grandmother but sounds like she lived a great life! and sorry that back is not better .. ugh .. that is NOT good!!! get better soon!!!

OK .. I hope everyone has the Valentine day they want - I let my DH off the hook - I ordered a spa package I have been wanting - so his gift for me is taken care off! :D I gotta go fight Wally-world at lunch {insert crying fit here} .. ugh ... have a great one!

Good Morning. :)

Sorry I was MIA y'day. I went out at lunch time and then time got away from me last night.

Y'day was an active rest day. The rotation called for the A2 stretch but I decided on 35m of Journey Into Power Yoga instead. :)

This morning was supposed to be A2 Championship/OT Sudden Death (but I was going to do Game Day from A1 since I haven't yet!) but I overslept so it's another rest day for me...:(

Jacque:: So sorry about your back. I hope it feels better soon! My sympathy regarding the death of grandma as well. No matter what the age, it's never easy. Glad she lived a good full happy life though.

Laura:: So it sounds like you have yourself another teaching job of sorts with this new fitness gig at work! Are you being compensated for it? :)

Diana:: The agility ladder came in the mail y'day! I am askeered!!!!:eek: I know a couple of pears. They have waistlines that are to die for!!! There's a silver lining in every cloud, my dear! ;)

Guess that's all for now....BBL!:cool:

Hi Ladies,

I made it to bodypump last night, and even increased my weights!:) I increased chest, tricep, and leg weights and it felt great!

Our temps are in the 50's this weekend. I may take my bike our for a spin later today!

DH wants a new mattress, but has decided to put more water in our softside waterbed to see if that helps. Some of the coils or baffles, whatever is in there is broken on his side. I love our bed and am not looking forward to getting a regular mattress. Adding more water might help, but it's still broken.

On tap for this weekend is submitting our taxes, and cleaning out my closet, and maybe even tackling all the bathroom vanities. I'm going to focus on my bedroom closet though.

Jacque-I hope your back is feeling better. Goodness, hate to hear that you are in so much pain. Sounds like you get a 3 day weekend.:D I on the other hand do not.

Laura-Nice run girlie! My knee needs to stop hurting before I can run. It's really putting a damper on my HM training. How fun to lead others to the healthier way of life. Hopefully they will learn to enjoy exercise as much as we do! Circuits are so much fun too!

Wendy-Have fun with the agility ladder, you'll learn to love it!;) I actually hung mine up to help it lay flat. Since it was all folded up it took a while to get all the curves out of the fabric so it would lay flat. Now I just hang up my jump rope and agility ladder.

Lori-Did you get all moved in? Guess you'll be spending the weekend getting everything where it belongs. It'll be nice to have some privacy too.

TG-Any plans for the weekend?

Today is a cardio and I have no idea what to do, just know it won't be stepping.

bbl

sat

Hello ladies..

I did a nice run after work ystdy.. needed it after the day i had.. we were uber busy..and it was just one thing after another..today i did combat live 60... the temps have dropped..and the wind is howling..it is a day to curl up on the couch and stay warm!

Di.. I am enjoying guiding these girls to a healthier lifestyle and choices..i have missed that for sure..

Wendy..noooo no compensation..lol..this is for pure personal satisfaction of helping them and at the same time uhum...one upping a rather large big mouth PITA that I have had to deal with forever...in fact one that tried to NOT weigh in like everyone else.. but "tell" what she weighed :-/ who does that?... anywho...i am only in it to help motivate and guide my girls to succeed in their efforts..the rest is up to them!

Lori..hope you are settling in...

Jacque hope you are feeling better!

Ok...have a great one..

Good Morning Gals:)

We still don't have the Internet or phone so I'm using my personal hot spots on my iPhone and getting Internet on the iPad that way. I think it uses a fair bit of data.

Well the move was busy...still lots of boxes to unpack. I got a little homesick on Friday night when I started unpacking the things I haven't seen since we left. Then we all go to bed Friday night and shortly after DS wakes up sick, and the baby is coughing. Between the two of them I didn't get much sleep. Then the baby got sick as well but not nearly as much as DS. Then guess whose turn it was next?? I don't have time to be sick! It started at 11 and I thought I was dying!! I started to come around around 6'ish (it doesn't last long). Everything hurt...my back, my head, my legs...I think I was dehydrated and that's why my legs were hurting. I crashed on the couch around 9:30 and woke at 7:15 this morning. Thought I was feeling pretty good but my head and neck still hurt and my throat is more sore then yesterday. Dh was suppose to get off at 4 but called and said our old landlord was on a rampage at work. He's a little off centre.So he had to stay and deal with that. Lets just say the guy in the basement isn't going back there anymore and his birds have disappeared.

So this gal hasn't worked out since Tuesday! My plan was to go for a nice run yesterday but that was a bust and I'm even thinking today isn't wise. I'm puttering around like an old lady. I guess we should say this is my active rest week before my asylum/xtrain rotation! Monday is a holiday here so that gives us a extra day to get a little more organized. It's not bad here now actually. Just unpacking pictures and stuff.

Diana** I'm with Wendy on the pear shapes. My sister and mom are and they have nice waistlines. But this gal does not. I go straight down pretty much. I also think I have a short torso which doesn't help. But alas I have come to terms with what I have and don't have....not real worried about it anymore. We had to buy dd a new mattress and its pretty comfy. We got it on sale for 449! I think it was reg in the $700 then on sale for 549 and then I got another discount after that. She seems to be sleeping quiet well:eek: lol. Like she needed a reason to stay in bed.

Wendy** see...you just don't believe me do you:p? What's up with that? I may even buy those combat workouts when I get settled and have my mail straightened out. My babysitter was just finishing turbo jam when I arrived on Friday morning and I asked her how she liked them. She said they changed her life...she use to be a size 15 and she even has turbo fire tattooed on her wrist:confused: that's a little extreme but whatever. Then it kind of all made sense. She's made comments about me being small and I know she works out a lot....she probably still feels like she is a size 15 or she is afraid she will be again. She might have those combat workouts too.

Laura** well this gal did nothing for vday and I got a card a day late. It was just to crazy around here. Dh did get me a card and a box of chocolates a day late! Lol I'm sure he looked like a real winner buying a card a day late:eek: I'm so happy to be out of that house, even though it looked like our Egyptian friend we going to be here last night with us.

Jacque** 92 is a good number! My grandfather lived to be 99! Would have been 100 that November and he died in march. Hope you feel better.

Oh something else I also did yesterday was pulled some stuff down from the closet, pulled a extension cord down and smacked myself in the forehead with the part that goes in the wall. My head hurts there , I even split my head open. I had some not so great days this week. Went back to the rental to just mop the floor on Thursday and that was a disaster! One step forward, two steps back! But that was last week!! New week right!! I missed you girls!

Yay, Lori's back!:p

I just finished Burn Sets, CSB and Core #1. I just drank a quick protein shake and hope to give running a try today in a bit. I should know pretty quickly if it's going to bother my knee. Unless it's on of those injuries that doesn't hurt when you're doing something, but you feel it later.

DH and I have 2 dinners out this week. It is Denver Restaurant week for 3 weeks here. Many of the nicer (expensive) restaurants participate and you get a meal for 2 for $52.80. I'm really looking forward to them! Also, we have a girls night out for restaurant week and are going next week. The third week DH and are going out 1 night. :D

Lori-sorry you guys have been sick, but Woo Hoo for getting moved in to your own place! I'm sure phone and internet will be hooked up soon enough. We rely on them so heavily. Is your landlord pissed that you moved out? Hopefully he doesn't take it out on your DH.

bbl

Hello Girls.:)

I got my work out in this morning...FINALLY! I made sure to get my arse movin' BEFORE Church today so I had no excuses b/c I blew it off y'day or we weren't going to make it to the indoor amusement park with DS.

GAME DAY is finally complete! :D It was tough but fun! A couple of the moves took up more space then I had and a couple of them confused me but all in all I enjoyed the work out.

I finally got my Turbo Fire from China y'day! I'm so excited! I have to try a work out tmrw! ;)

Ok, I'm outta here for now but I PROMISE to come back in a bit for personals!
Hope everyone is enjoying their Sunday and who else has the day off from work tmrw? :D:cool: (Sorry Lori as I'm sure you don't. :p)

Diana:: Have fun "Restaurant Weeking"!:D Eating out is one of my favorite things! Unfortunate but true so I try to MINimize IT so that it doesn't MAXimize ME!:eek::p I hung my agility ladder up when I got it too. I hang my bands, tubes and jump rope on the back of my door so I just laid the ladder across all of the hooks. Today when I was using it I had the ends taped to the floor. Yeah I know...it's cheating but I need to get used to it and get better at the moves before I bother leaving it loose or else I'll never finish the work out coz I'll constantly be rearranging the dang thing...and doing push ups!;):p:rolleyes:

Lori:: Sorry you were sick but atleast it passed quickly. That's usually how it happens for me! *knocking on wood so I don't jinx myself!!!!*:eek: You are absolutely right-I do NOT believe you! I'll believe when I see it and no sooner!:p Combat seems to be loved by everyone! I would suggest if you are going to pop for something that you pop for that one first! I have yet to hear of someone who doesn't like it!

Laura:: You are too nice! I'd demand a raise!:p

Hi Ladies,

This morning is Legs, ala GS Legs! If it's not too windy, a short run may be on tap for this afternoon. We also have a treadmill in my building that's an option for me. Tonight is bootcamp class and I'm hoping is heavy on the cardio tonight.

Wendy-I thought about taping my ladder, but never did. You'll be surprised how quickly you are able to stop catching it with your feet. DH and I don't eat out very often, and not at the places were going for restaurant week. I'm definitely looking forward to it.

Lori-hope you and the boys are feeling better. Everyone but me is off work/school today. I'd kind of like to take a day off when everyone else is gone, and have the house to myself! Hope you are able to get everything put away. I'm sure it's so nice not having to share your space.

Hi Laura, Jacque & TG. bbl to see what everyone else is up to.

Good Morning:)

I feel better today. Yesterday I wasn't up to par at all. I didn't eat a big amount. We went to a friends house for dinner and I ate a normal amount and my tummy was not happy with me. We went to bed early again last night. I need to start doing that on the days I work! It's a holiday to here WENDY:eek::p so take THAT! Lol I don't think it is where I came from though. Actually, I know it's not. There are no holidays in feb.

So of course no workout yesterday. I was puttering around like an old lady and the baby and I have a pretty nasty cough. DD is sick now. That leaves one person...

I would like to run today and when DH goes to work tonight and the kids are in bed, I'll do weights. Not sure how strong I will be.

Diana** sounds like you have a nice week of eating a head of you:eek: reminds me of Christmas week. Constantly going to restaurants and a lot of the time it was the same one! I don't know what our Christmas will be like this year. And I wonder who will come visit us.....now I'm getting ahead of myself. A friend of mine posted on FB yesterday about a half she wants someone to do with her. But for me it's a 7 hour drive! DH said he'd like to go b/c the scenery around here is beautiful and he doesn't think we will get bored driving. Tell a one year old that!

Wendy** you didn't have turbo fire before? Did you ever sell STS? I may be interested....not right now but later if you don't sell it. You don't have to keep it for me. But if you have it when I'm ready. I have one girl interested in training. I really want to get into it. Esp for the extra cash and b/c I love it.

Hope everyone else is enjoying their long weekend...ex for Diana....

I'll bbl!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.