Control The Damage Feb Month!

gidget1978

Cathlete
Good Morning:)

New thread already! Just made me realize that my goal was to find a job by Feb 1st:eek: Guess I did that. Would you believe I still haven't heard from the lady at the dealership? Good grief....almost a 2 week long process.

Yesterday I did (might have already reported this) GS & xtrain back and tris. Then 30 mins on the TM mixed in with AB (7sections). I think that's why my bum and hammies are sore today. I don't know what I'll do today. Everyone is home for the last time. DS never has school on Fridays, DD gets every 2nd Friday off and DH is off till Monday.

I fell a sleep on the couch last night and when I went to bed it was 2 before I fell asleep. The wheels were turning. I was thinking about this and that..all related to me going to work and my children. I'm not the stay at home type, and it's why I've been so moody lately. But then I don't like the feeling of having to drop my kids off either. I guess I have to look at it differently. I worry about DS the most. I guess just b/c of his speech issues. But I thought he was going to have to take a bus to before and after school care but be doesn't. I think it's located right in the school. HUGE relief for me! Now I just need to figure out how to get everyone out of the house by 7:15!

Wendy** thanks for the congrats! We will probably stay here until both of our raises kick in, I figure. It won't be so bad once I'm not here all day.

Diana** do you plan on running 13 miles before the race? If the run wasn't to long, like a full, I use to run the whole thing a couple of times before hand but most training schedules don't suggest that. I think I just needed to know I could do it. How long before the race?

Ok so it's feb and I need to clean up my eating. It hasn't been very good. I keep picking at things high in sugar and I keep buying it. The scale has only went up a couple of pounds, which doesn't really bother me cause it was getting to low. But I just feel bloated! In saying that, I just starting back on the birth control pill before we moved, I'm only a week into the pack and its like I'm on my period again. I know spotting is normal sometimes ( and I haven't missed a pill) but today it's full fledge. Maybe that's why I feel the way I do.

I will bbl!

Lori:)

Hi Ladies,

My legs are so sore this morning, yes...even after I posted that my class wasn't that tough last night. I'm wondering if its from LIH yesterday morning. There's a lot of squatting and lunging in that w/o.

My plan was to go to bodypump today at 4:30, not sure my legs are up for that. There is a spinning/core class today at noon...again the legs though.

My cousin and I are going to Karaoke, there may be a few others that show up to. If nothing else, I'll be getting my dance on tonight.:D

Lori-thanks for getting the new month started for us. Good to hear the after school care is at the school or in the same building. Your body will adjust to the pills after a few months. I don't miss them at all. I have 15 weeks before the race on May 18th or 19th. I plan on somewhat following Hal Higdons Novice training program. It's a 12 week program but i need to get running before that. I think the longest run before the race is 10 miles.

TG-Nice w/o to start the day. I love CC and use those on my elliptical.

bbl

Happy Friday Night Girls! :D

I completely did not realize that I never checked in yet today!:eek: I'm such a dork! :rolleyes:

This morning's work out was premix #9 of XTrain Cardio Legs (7-12 of legs plus burn sets for bi's). Great work out! :)

So my first week of work is officially done and I officially survived and officially like it!:) So far anyway.....:p

Heading out early to do some intern hours with the YMCA tmrw morning. Have to be there at 9 and I will probably stay for about 90 mins. Then I have to go food shopping on the way home and tmrw night we are all going to the bowling alley. DH has some league bowling to make up or something so me and Joey will go hang out too. Should be fun. :)

On Sunday I am cooking for SB like I did last year at DH's request. He really enjoyed the Skinny Taste menu that I prepared! Keeps me busy cooking food I can enjoy too so it's all good in my book!;)

Dinner's almost done so I'll need to come back for personals....I'm sorry! :(

Be back as soon as I can! :cool:

Di:: Hope you had a blast at Kareoke! I used to do that every week for a while. My BFF and I went through "phases" of doing certain things....right off the top of my head I know that in addition to Kareoke we've had a pool shooting phase, a clubbing phase & a "strip" driving phase! LOL Yay for DOMS! It's sneaky! I don't get it sometimes when I expect to and then I don't really think I'll get it, BAM-it shows up!

TG:: Nice work out.

Lori:: I hope our check in can survive everyone going back to work! LOL Best of luck with the new job! What are going to do with your training? Will you be trying to do it part time?

I'm so tired this morning. I said I wanted to sleep in this morning but guess who never hears the baby:mad:. And it ticks me off cause I'm the first one up (by like 3 hours sometimes) and he's the one who falls a sleep before me and he can blame night shifts all he wants....

We met a few of dh's coworkers out last night for drinks. It was ok. I could tell that the girl at the end of the table was fun but I wasn't in the chat your ear off mood and the three drinks I had never did kick in. But when I do want to drink....she'd be the gal to go with.

Yesterday's workout was Amy bentos slo mo shoulders and bics, MMA punching combos with weighted gloves and 45 mins on the TM. I'm not sure what I will do yet today. I should also put together a rotation for next week and see how it goes. One-two body parts a day and cardio I'm guessing. I was also thinking yesterday that I should have a heavy ab day in there somewhere. Just cario and a lot of ab work.

So we have DS all figured out for before and after school care...now it's just getting him there. I guess I will be going to meet the sitter today or tomorrow.

Oh...I am actually having a full blown TTOM...I just had one 12 days ago. I thought pills were suppose to regulate you....not screw me up! I never did have issues with being regular but this has me all messed up. It's one thing to spot a little but this is over the top!

My ring didn't arrive yesterday:(. I keep tracking it and it hasnt been updated since the 31st which means someone isn't doing their job. On a brighter note, my house has two viewings this weekend...so cross your fingers:)

Wendy** happy to hear you survived your first week. Are you having a big ole sleep in this morning??? That's the thing here...there won't be any sleeping in. I just need to make my normal wake up time be the start to my work day. Actually, probably a little earlier. But I figure if I work out at night, then I will wash and dry my hair for the next day so I will get up a little before 6 and have a quick shower and be ready before I have to wake the others. It's only the boys I have to worry about. So I guess we will all be going to bed earlier then normal. I have been on the fence about what to do with training. I want to do it but I am going to let this new routine settle in and see if I can handle taking on a couple of people. Right now, I don't want it to interfere with my own workouts or my time with the kids. I don't want to work all day, eat, then leave again. So I'm just gonna sit on it for a bit.

Diana** I think I followed one of Hal's programs the first marathon I did and for the 2nd one I followed one my running partner gave me and I didn't do so well....nor did I run my runs some of the times b/c it was summer. I also don't think I was really into the race b/c I had signed up for that one before the first one. The 2nd marathon was suppose to be my first marathon....if that makes sense. So when the 2nd one rolled around I was kind of "meh"... Take it or leave it. You'll do fine with one of his programs I'm sure.

I will bbl. I was suppose to met a couple of the moms at 9:30 this morning but I have a feeling the baby will be down for a nap by then. Other then that...no plans!

Hi Ladies,

My cousin and I had a great time last night at karaoke, so much fun!

I went to bodypump and increased my leg weights. Between that and dancing my a$$ off last night, my legs are killing me. I'm also having some pain where the screws are in my right foot. I don't like that at all.

No workout yet and probably won't be doing one today. I had a couple early appts. and need to get busy on my taxes. If I do anything, definitely will be sticking to UB weights.

Lori-having another roommate to deal with in the basement sounds like a nightmare to me. Hopefully your showings go well and you will have an offer on your house in short order! I've used Hal's programs in the past and they've been fine for me. I'm using the Novice program this time around since I haven't been running at all, normally I use his intermediate program. I would give the pills at least 3 months to start regulating things, and make sure you take them at the same time everyday. Good luck with your new job! Did you have to have your ring sized, is that why you are waiting for it?

Wendy-you survived your first week of work!! I don't how it's so easy for you to get up so early and get busy with your workout. You are busy this weekend. Hope you enjoy the interning this morning. I need to look for a couple recipes for this next week. One for tomorrow for sure, superbowl sunday.

Hi Laura, TG and Jacque!

bbl

Good Morning:D

I feel a lot better then I did yesterday morning. Gave DH the silent treatment most of the day and this morning he's dumb enough to not move again when he baby wakes up. So we left the room but not before I turned all the lights on. Don't hear anything my a$$!

Yesterday's workouts was 25 mins on the TM, most of crossfire (my blue band broke:() and LBB standing work. My biceps were so sore yesterday. When I did Amy bentos slo mo on Friday I upped my weights for biceps curls to 25 lbs dbs. I didn't think I'd make it through all of the sets or reps but the only time I dropped to 20's was for the last 2 reps in the last set.

Yesterday evening was ready to have a melt down. We noticed that the guy in the basement was making numerous trips from the car to the house with this guy and then they left again. DH went downstairs and there was a head board there and a few other things. It looked like the signs of someone moving in to me. I thought I was gonna snap. We also had a it of a issue with the landlord on Friday. He has some serious issues. He never gets the mail for us so we asked for a key. Last time we got mail was Monday....a week ago. Dh went through his text to see when the last time we asked and it was on the 15th. Dh text him on Friday and said that we could swing by, get the key and get a copy made and he told dh where to go...in not such a nice way. Says we text him everyday... I think there are a few days between the 15th of jan and the 1st of feb. So if he had allowed for this guy to move in it wouldn't have surprised me. Anyway...it was a false alarm. This guy as his own place but its to small for all of his stuff so they brought it here. I think it took about 20 yrs off of my life!

Wendy** how's the cooking going?? I may make a few dishes today for the next couple of days but other then meatloaf, I can only think of pasta dishes that can be made and we aren't big pasta fans. In the meantime I might make some spaghetti sauce today and maybe a meatloaf or something.

Diana** yeah, I guess your legs were sore:eek:. We all the dif between good pain and bad pain. Would you ever need to go back to get those screws fixed of replaced? We probably have them wore out:p

Alright...last day before I head back to work. I need to get groceries, workout, laundry and we are going to meet the sitter today.

I may bb tonight!

Hi Ladies,

Ugh, I've been having computer issues with my desktop. I hope to get them resolved this week so I can do our taxes. I want my money back! I use my laptop or tablet most of the time, but the desktop has all our photos, cathe downloads, itunes, banking info etc.

I didn't work out yesterday and I'm okay with that. Today will be UB weights and a short run, 2-3 miles. My legs are still quite sore, but a short run might help with that.

Lori-sorry DH isn't helping out as much as he should. Oh my, glad that other guy wasn't actually moving in.:mad: Sounds like your landlord can be a real jerk, hopefully the showings on your house went well and you won't have to stay there too long. Actually, one of the screws in my foot can be removed. My surgeon said about 80% of her patients have it removed after 8mos to a yr. The other one has to stay. But it is another surgery, stiches for 3 weeks, another boot, no getting your foot wet etc. Now I have different insurance and would have to see a different dr.

bbl to see what everyone else is up to.

Good Morning. :)

I'm tired this morning. Went to bed too late and couldn't fall asleep right away....:rolleyes:

Today's work out will be one segment of Tonique Premier, BBL High and Tight ankle weight work only and Burn Sets for rear delts...That's the plan anyway....Just not sure if I'll have enough time...

Lori:: Best of luck today on your new job!!! :D Sorry your DH is being a lazy arse when it comes to getting up with the baby. Now that you are going to be working though you have every right PLUS SOME to give him all the grief you want about it! It's only right that he get up now....but don't tell him I said that! :p

Di:: Good job on increasing your weights in class and the resulting lower body DOMS! :) Trust me, I don't find it so easy to get up and work out so early in the morning but I'd find it harder to do it later so it's simply the lesser of the two evils in my eyes. :eek:

BBL!:cool:

I have enough time to check in before work:). Mainly b/c I woke before the alarm...pretty sure that's not going to happen every morning though:p. and the mornings I don't have to drop anyone off, I can probably sleep an hour later.

Yesterday's workout was....shoulders...but which DVD?? I'm up way to early cause I don't remember....oh, 4DS! Then tabatacise. After that we went to met the sitter and Stephen will be just fine there. He's a out of sight out of mind kind of kid and they don't have any concept of time anyway. I have a feeling that my time with them will be mo quality time b/c I'm just so use to being with them all day, that we might not do a whole lot. But I'll make those couple of hours before bed time count now.

Diana** another surgery doesn't sound like fun at all. If it isn't bothering you, I think I'd just leave it in. At least until you want and excuse to not workout for a while:eek: and I can't see that happening. One of the girls I use to train is having surgery in her jaw....it was always her excuse for putting off her diet! Lol

Wendy** what time do you get up and what time do you have to do to work? I don't even think its possible for me to workout in the mornings...unless I got up at 4! And I'd rather wait until in the evening. I use to workout before work with my old job...and I started at 8 then too. I think I use to get up at 5:15 but I didn't have as many kids to drop off or as far to go.

Hoping my ring arrives today! I also ordered some me boots this weekend. They were on sale...how could I not!!? 3 pairs for $125! And I need them for work;)

Have a good day everyone. I will try to pop back before bed time. I have a feeling once I get comfortable in my job I will be able to check in while the other lady is at lunch...but for now, I shall be on my best behaviour ;)

MON

morning ladies ..

Sorry i have been MIA - friday was the day from H### x100 .. NIGHTMARE :mad::mad::mad: :( work - stress - work - more stress - busy as H### - nonstop - then yet ANOTHER BS DELAY w/getting my pup from this @$$hole breeder :mad: think my head spun around like the exorcist a couple of times - long story short - I lost it - I cried and pitched a fit - not only from stress of the day - but from being mad - being put off - feeling of being used and the feeling of yet again loss - DH prbly think I was having full blown mental meltdown - but DAH-YUM enough is enough the events/stress of the last week combined w/the loss of the last year and months .. DAHYAM ..I have had it!!!

My run THURS caused major DOMS in my quads - FRI was forced rest and mental breakdown day - SAT was COMBAT 45 + CORE ATTACK - which resulting me in punching and kicking so hard that I prbly ripped all teh muscles in my arms and shoulders out!!! ystdy too sore to do anything!! DH and I took Toots riding on golf cart then went in woods looking for squirrels .. she thinks she is hunting dog now .. LOL!!

LORI - I had enough mental meltdown for you and me both girl!!! no worries!!!! GLAD yours was false alarm!!! LOL .. sorry had to laugh about DH .. me thinks he got spoiled while he was away and you were handling the baby all alone!! LOL

DI - boooo computer issues .. that is problem w/digital pics .. they seem to always be on computer that crashes!!

Wendy - were you rooting for the Ravens?? we have a hometown local guy on that team .. Courtney Upshaw .. he plays defense .. he was great last night .. I finally got to cheer him on .. he of course played college ball for our rival team AL ... but he was great!!! AU has a guy on the Ravens team too .. but he is injured right now!! Was a great game .. but have to say if I were in the stands when the lights failed my arse would have left .. b/c I would have thought TERRORIST plot!!!:confused:

OK .. I have rambled long enough .. me and SIL meeting tonight .. not sure what is on tap .. we need some muscle work tho! have a great one!

:)

Well one positive post from me :) if you have heard on the news - there has been a 5 year old little boy held hostage in a bunker in a town south of me - HE IS NOW FREE and UNHARMED - the kidnapper/gunman is dead :D Thank the Lord!! Prayers have been answered - now praying that Little Ethan is not permanently scared from this horrific event!!!

Hi ladies,

OMG, my legs are fried right now. Cardio Leg Blast this morning, I really like this w/o. Tonight I got my ass kicked in bootcamp class. We ran stairs, sprints, pushups, situps, squat jumps in place, squat jumps around the track, etc.

Tomorrow will be some kind of UB work and perhaps a short run if its not too dark or too cold in the morning.

Lori-How was the first day of work? Hope it went well for you.

Laura-I saw the news about the little boy being rescued. TBH, that wasn't the ending I was expecting but am so happy it ended up this way. Sorry to hear about your breakdown, sometimes we just have to let it all at. It's only then we can come to terms with it all. {{HUGS}}

Wendy-Nice workout girl!

bbl

Hey Girls:)

First day of work wasn't to bad. Can't believe I have 4 more days before I'm off! Lol. TGIF brings a whole new meaning! It was pretty laid back. The girl training me is ok...not overly enthusiastic or friendly but I don't feel uncomfortable around her or anything. She is going away half the day tomorrow and all day wed so the lady who interviewed me will be with me so that's good. I met a lot of people and I don't remember anyone's name! Both boys did ok with the early wake up call and child care situation.

Laura** oh man..,its only a matter of time before my head starts spinning. I just know it! Lol but I bet you felt better after. There's only so much we can handle and if you are anything like myself, you let things build up and build up....then look out! So when are you getting the dog now? I didn't hear the news about the boy but so glad it ended the way it did. Usually not the case.

Diana** you've had some good workouts today:) the last girl who had this position was there two days...apparently they have some kind of bet started to see how long I last. And they are giving the girl training me heat and saying she is the reason the other girl left...lol.

I just finished my workout. Did ride and GS chest. I started to run but my legs were to heavy...just as I suspected.

Bbl

Hi Girls,

I'm wishing I would've taken some ibuprofen last night. My legs are super sore, but my knee is killing me. Just popped some meds and am heading down for XTrain Bi's & Tri's...and abs.

All those stairs and sprinting...OH MY. Hope this body can adjust to the beating it's taking!

The scale is going down....Yay!!! I'm actually enjoying tracking on fitday.

Lori-Glad your first day went okay. Hopefully this position works out good for you. It's always tough when you have little ones to get ready and drop off in the morning.

bbl to see what everyone else is up to.

TUE

last night was Trisets -LB and BH yoga core - SIL had not done that one (core) :confused: I thought she had but it was tuff one!! I am a little "twingy" but thought I would be having MAJOR doms .. not yet anyways!! todya is COMBAT Power HIit and stretch or core! they are cooking here at work today .. soup/chili and cornbread! ugh

Lori - glad you had a good first day - hope it continues - and WE know no girl is gonna run YOU off from a job!!! :p ;) and yes i am EXACTLY like you .. I let it mount up until I explode and then it isnt pretty at all!!

Di - great workouts -woohoo on scales moiving in right direction .. think mine are STUCK :mad: and *sigh* Lord IDK about the pup .. I have given up on the breeder .. trying another - I think they all are crooks and out for the all mighty $$$$ (insert the Donal Trump music theme in here - money money money)

Wendy - yes .. very glad the little boy is unharmed - hate to sound harsh and the death of the scumbag saved some tax dollars - so you are Lori and joining me and Di back to WORSHIPING TGIF ... ah yes .. the glorious coming of FRIDAY >> WOOOOOHOOOOO bring on the weekend .. oh wait .. it is only TUE .. gotta calm it down for now!!!

oK .. have a good one ..

Hey Ladies. :)
No work out for me this morning. I got lazy and decided to sleep in instead. :p No biggie. Tomorrow was my schedule rest day so I was close!;)

Lori:: I am getting up at 430, having coffee, walking up and starting my work out around 530. My schedule will vary a bit but it was basically the same when I worked at the bank too. I can't jump out of bed and work out right away like some people can! :-0

Ok I stink at doing personals from memory and posting from my phone so I will have to pay catch up later.

How everyone is having a good day!BBL! :)

Laura:: I still appreciated the weekend when I wasn't working but I appreciated this past weekend far more! LOL Mostly because by Friday I was exhausted! :p Hmmm...I think I only did BH's core work out from the YFTW dvd once myself! Guess I need to pull it out soon! :eek: Oh and btw, yes I was rooting for the Ravens...for 2 reasons...#1-because everyone seemed to rooting for the 49ers (including my DH) and #2-because I like the colors on their uniforms! :p I am not a football fan so when it comes down to it, I really really don't give a rats arse who wins. I cooked all night and watched some of the commercials. :D I hear ya on the terrorist plot! The thought entered my mind when DH told me about the lights in the stadium! :eek:

Di:: Glad you are finding success and enjoyment with your fitday tracking. :) I used to use that program but I just don't have the patience for it anymore. I am having a hard enough time keeping up with WW! I was back to tracking for a week and then my new job started and I haven't tracked anything but my weight since!:confused::eek::rolleyes::( Hope your lower body feels better fast!!!! Sounds like your lower body hurts the way my chest did last week! OMG-it wasn't good! :(

Lori:: So you survived day #2 at work! :p I hear you on the coworker who isn't all that friendly. I work for 2 attorneys at my job. They each have a legal secretary who I get my work from. One is awesome and the other runs very hot and cold but even her hot is luke warm at best. lol She's not mean or anything, just not very friendly--I think she just has a naturally stand-offish personality. ICK. She can be decent when she's "in the mood" to be social I guess but that's usually just not the case. I've tried to make conversation but it doesn't usually go very far so I've given up. :rolleyes: Now as for the other one...we could chat all day! LOL :p

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.