Control The Damage Feb Month!

Hey Girls,

Today's workout was 45 mins on the TM and B&G. Seems as if the new room mate didn't mind my running next to his big fat head. He didn't show his nose anyway. We've decided to try to get out of here by mid week. We can't stay here. Everyone DH works with is telling us to get out.

So here's the scoop on the ring...seems Diana is the only one who knows about the ring!:p DH always said he was going to buy me a new bridal set for our 5th....that came and went...then the 10th came and went...just before he went away for training I looked at my hand one day and noticed one of the diamonds was gone. So instead of fixing it, we decided to hold off and buy a new set. So that's what he gave me for Christmas as a surprise but it was to big. We sent it back, got the right size and that's the ring the diamond fell out of. I'd post a pic but I'm not sure how. I don't have your cell numbers either....I could send you a pic that way! We called the jewellery store and she couldn't believe it. She told us to send it back and she was going to send it back to the manufacturer. Just something else I don't need to deal with....

Diana** I don't know how tax season is gonna go for me this year. Mat leave never works in my favour. You'd think the govt of all people would know how much taxes to take so you don't have to pay in. Our only saving grace will be the fact the DH was making less b/c of training and our move. Some things we won't be able to claim until next year though. We are both use to getting lots back...would come in handy now with having to pay so much rent for this month! Sounds like you had a long cardio workout! It's been a while since I pulled out a step DVD.

Wendy** I know, I know...maybe I'll do a asylum/xtrain rotation? Will that make you happy? I think I just always stuck to cathe b/c she always did something I knew. I could pop in a new step DVD and I'd catch on right away cause the moves were familiar and I think that's when my snobbish ways started! Lol. I do like Shaun too. I was wondering if you got your nap in today! Silly me for thinking you might not have. Sometimes I felt bad this week for heading to the basement to workout before DS was a sleep but then I remembered that I just spent 6 months with them by myself!

Laura** yep my brand new engagement ring. Fml. Always something....anywho...it was sunny here today and it would have been nice to run outside but I didn't get to. But maybe tomorrow!

Jacque** I'd never remember what I read and then post tomorrow! Lol if have to make notes. Hope you are enjoying your weekend!!

I'll bb in the morning!

Lori:)

Good Morning Ladies. :)

I am sore from y'day's work out but not as bad as I thought. My calves are actually the sorest part from all of the jumping.

I can't decide what work out to do today...I am battling between yoga/stretching (which I need) and A2's Back and Core work out (which I just WANT to do!). I am supposed to be starting the official rotation tmrw so yoga/stretching would make more sense but if I give in to B&C, I can always do yoga tmrw and start the rotation a day later. We'll see what I'm in the mood for when it's time to work out! ;)

Lori:: Funny that you said that to Jacque about making notes in order to post personals! When I first started doing check-ins here, that's exactly what I used to do! :p Thank you for the recap of the ring story. I'm sure I read it but just couldn't remember. :rolleyes: Hey now, I can't nap anymore during the week so I'm allowed my weekend snoozes! Nothing wrong with that! I might even DESERVE them now since I'm so much busier! :) YES, do a rotation that involves someone other then Cathe please and thank you! :p Yay for probably getting out of the 3-ring circus house very soon!!!!!!!!!!!

Di:: So how's the DOMS this morning? No 3 feet for us! Mass got hit hard. Jen got like 2.5 feet as did another Cathlete from Mass that I am friendly with. The farther north, the more snow they got. I am in Central NJ so our accumulation came in at less then a foot easy. A1 doesn't have a leg work out in it, it just has a f/b weight work out, btw.

Jacque:: So did ya get in a work out after the hockey game and dinner? I couldn't! No way! :eek: Good for you if you managed one though! :)

BBL!:cool:

Good Morning:)

The baby didn't wake until after 7 this morning which is a nice change. I didn't think I was going to ever catch up on sleep. I'm gonna have to start going to bed around 10:30'ish I figure. It's a good thing I can sleep after working out. I know some people are rejuvenated....not this chick! I also can't wait to have baths again! I haven't had a bath in forever because the tub is right next to where the baby sleeps and it's very loud when it's turned on.

One of the moms text me yesterday and asked if I wanted to come over for coffee but to be honest I'd rather just hang out here. I guess I'm on the go every other morning, that I like a morning with no plans. I have some beans on (diana:)) so I need to finish those. And I also have a turkey that needs to go in the oven.

Wendy** I'm not even sure how you are making it through your work day without a nap:p. I've felt rather nap'ish a few times last week..esp towards the end of the week. I think the key for me is to go to bed before 11 for sure. I don't need a lot of sleep but I do need at least 6 hours. When I use to miss a lot of post or I was involved in a thread that had to many people (remember that running thread?? There was a lot of people in that one!) I would have to make notes in order to do personals as well. I like the smaller threads. I'm going to do a 4 weeks rotation now with xtrain and asylum, cause I do like those and you are gonna be super impressed with me:p

Bbl!

Hi Ladies,

Wonder why my legs hurt so much lately, it's impacting my workout schedule.:mad: Today will be UB and cardio, and Z's ab workout again. I only did 1 round of it yesterday but it calls for 2 rounds. I could really feel my abs working on those elevated planks!

Lori-yay for sleeping in! Glad to hear you are moving out of your nightmare of a living situation into your own place. Isn't moving mid week pretty aggressive? Did you already find a place? The asylum w/o's are awesome and totally different from Cathe. Can't wait to hear what you think of the xtrain/asylum rotation, if you actually do it.;) I sometimes have trouble sleeping after my evening class. There is another class after mine from 8-9pm. I've taken that one before but it is too late and I did have a hard time sleeping after that one.

Wendy-Right now only the grassy areas have snow on them, but the roads are clear. We are expecting more snow today, but only an inch or 2. I think you should do Yoga today and B/C tomorrow. Perhaps my legs would quit hurting if I did som yoga.:eek:

Hi Jacque, Laura & TG, bbl to see what everyone is up to.

Hi Ladies,

Back to report that UB trisets is done. I had forgotten it had core work in it so I didn't tack on any additional core work. Also, my knee is hurting too bad to do cardio today. Perhaps a hot epsoms salt soak in the tub would be beneficial.

I found a recipe for chicken enchilada's to make for dinner tonight. After showering I'll be heading to the grocery store.

Enjoy the rest of the weekend ladies!

Hello...

Getting ready to head to the food store...time is not on my side today so I'll be LUCKY to even get in 30 mins of yoga/stretching. Needless to say, no Asylum today even if I wanted to. Luckily I had kinda already decided yoga/stretching was the way to go but now that may not even happen. :rolleyes:

Just place an order on Amazon for an Asylum Agility ladder. Yup-glutton for punishment here!!!! :eek: Di and Laura-do you use the ladder when you do the work outs? Am I going to regret this? LOL

Ok, I better get my arse in gear now.

BBL or ITAM!:cool:

Wendy-yep, I use the agility ladder...tough. I was watching a couple of youtube A2 videos and have seen duct tape on the floor in the shape of the ladder. That would be an option too, and you wouldn't have to worry about the ladder getting out of position if you hit....which I often do.

Off to the food store myself. Making chicken enchiladas. I'm combining two recipes that I found and think my family will like it.

bbl

No workout yet. I've decided to run when DH wakes up.....if he wakes up!

Diana** we found a place last week but they need a week to clean it. It's military housing so we get a good deal. It might not actually be ready until Friday which would also be good cause next Monday is a holiday and it would give me more time to have everything straighten out. Night mare feels like a understatement someways. In the meantime the landlord sneaks in and out. I can tell that he's trying to let his presence impact us leaving. He's just a ticking time bomb....You girls have no faith in my rotation do you?:p

Wendy** you didn't get a ladder with the set? Mine came with the ladder and skip rope. I used the ladder a couple of times but it kept moving and it was driving me crazy. I was looking at the asylum DVD and there are only 4 I like...lol

Coffee was nice this morning. I'm glad I went. I think her and I could be really good friends plus she just moved here as well so she isn't leaving anytime soon.

Bbl!

Good afternoon ladies !

Weekends for me are now catching up on my sleep. Seem to wake at regular 4 AM time and end up watching my taped shows since I fall asleep during the week - though only seem to get about 6 hours a night. Then while I watch my taped shows I keep falling asleep and am not getting "up" until 10 or so. Sure makes the weekends go too fast and I feel like I'm unproductive, BUT OH WELL ! Now a product of commuting and growing old :eek: I guess I need to just give in and do what I can, right?! :rolleyes:

So did not workout last night - we kinda sat around and enjoyed a beer before eating - the walking around from parking garage to arena and then to the restaurant and back to parking was nice as we had some nice sunshine - even though it was only 60ish degrees it felt great ! I need to try to get out and walk at lunch to start getting my vitamin D - sun always brightens my mood. Dinner was nice - an upscale Seafood restaurant and it didn't add any pounds so Yee Haw ! Hockey, not so great as we are now on a losing streak. Perhaps our couple of week road trip will go better. Oh well . . .

Just finished doing Legs . . . may do a little more cardio later if I can get something accomplished around here. In viewing my rotation I am now starting Week 4 of the 12 week rotation (started 1/7 so a bit behind from "LIFE" but sticking to it pretty much as it was laid out). I saw Asylum on TV a bit ago . . . Insanity is too tough on my joints and lower back these days . . . how does Asylum compare to Insanity?

Diana - are you going really heavy or working your legs more than once per week? I know that has happened to me in the past where I would just not work them at all for a week and make sure the cardio I did wasn't too strength or toning oriented to give them a break. And if really sore I like to do about a 2 - 3 mile slow TM run to help loosen them up (which I think you were going to try last week if I remember . . .).

I am enjoying hockey and with me working out in the mornings before work most days it is all working out great. I have stopped car pooling but that co-worker likes to put in 10 hour days and I'm tired of that ! So many times I just don't feel like working out after work, and I'm finally used to waking up at 4:15 to get started by 4:30-4:45 - it gets me to work by 8 no problem. The past week I had a class in San Jose and hockey all at the same time so there just was no time for workouts - I was leaving the house early, going to class and then coming home and driving right back to SJ to a hockey game. In fact, one day I didn't even come home but met DH up in SJ cuz there wasn't even time to go home.

Anyway, good to hear you had some help around the house, even if it cost you . . . I would love to have someone help me - with no kids left and DH not liking house work it falls all on me and it's the last thing I want to do at night or on the weekends . . . after all I need to catch up on my sleep, workout and go food shopping, ya know? :p Bummer about the knee - will icing it help or is it more internal? My headaches are from sinus pressure and allergy related. I've seen an allergy doc but she was not a help. Had all the 60 pricks and 15 shots in my arm and was not "allergic" to anything. Not a single red reaction to anything they tested for but, I always have a runny nose and I seem to have issues with grasses and trees from what I can tell. Unfortunately the OTC meds sometimes keep me OK but when I start getting the headaches nothing takes them away. I need to go see an ENT and perhaps I'll find something out there that will work. This year has been OK, think I'm getting used to the allergens in the area that I work in . . . but interesting that most of my headaches are on the weekend when I am at home. This week I think it was all the vegetation on the way to my destination since I was congested all the way down. Life can be tough and the headaches hurt but I could have something much worse so I try to just deal with it.

Hope the chicken enchiladas come out good - will make some nice leftovers . . .

Wendy - Yep, was hoping for that workout y'day but was just not feeling it when I got home. I actually like this updated website cuz now you can just scroll down and see the rest of the thread. Back in the day I would open a word doc and could create a post while toggling back to the threads and then would cut and past to the thread. Worked well for me ! ;) I was wondering if you were in the middle of all the blizzards as so many flights from West to East have been cancelled. Good to hear it isn't bad for you. I love that you are feeling valued at work! I'm that same way . . . just want to make a difference and be productive. Used to want to climb the ladder but I am happy where I am and really don't want to be a in Senior Management any longer. I'm kinda between Middle and Senior and it fits well for me.

Lori - such a bummer about your ring ! I lost the middle diamond from my wedding ring shortly after I was married - it sucked but at least I had it insured and actually ended up with a larger diamond since it appraised for quite a bit higher than it was purchased for !:p The second time around I had them cut it down a bit lower so it wouldn't catch on things and add a few extra solders to make it stronger. And I check it often to make sure it is still set in well. Good news on being able to get your own place soon - congrats ! LOL at your mega workouts. So many weekends I think to myself . . . I'm gonna do a "Lori" workout and go for 2 hours but alas . . . this chick just gets too tired !:rolleyes: Perhaps someday if I get back into shape . . .

Laura - good to hear you had some nice sunshine . . . even if it wasn't real warm. Did you get a run in? Sounds like you may be having a little "fun" with this fitness competition at work? Can't wait to hear how it goes . . . Is the rest of your life starting to get back to normal now?

TG - hope all is going OK with you lately . . .

Time to get moving now that the day is nearly over !:eek: Thinking of washing and cleaning one of more of the cars - don't want to stay inside the house to clean while the sun is out. Looks like it is getting a little breezy so will need to see how chilly it is . . .

Toodles ladies !

Hey Girls:)

Quick check in cause chances are I won't be here in the a.m. I have to get both boys out the door on my own and DS is so slow!

I went for a run today and it was awesome. I was sooooo in the mood to just run. There are times when I'm irritated and I don't even want to listen to music but I took my tunes today and did 11 km. I just did chest,back and shoulders burn sets. I went heavier then I did the first time. I actually used my 30's for flies. I think I need to invest in some 35's now. Even if its for one arm rows...I def need heavier for that.

Jacque** sounds like you had a lovely evening!! I should have done that with my ring I guess. I don't know if it would have made that much difference though. Thankfully it's a manufacturers defect and I have to send it back. It's still a big ole pain though. And I have to send the wedding band as we,, even though there's nothing wrong with it. I wonder if I will get hit on this week while I go around ringless. I could be waiting another month for this! Drives me crazy.

Alright....this chicky is soon gonna hit the sack! Early rise in the morning.

Good Morning. :)

I managed to squeeze in the stretching routine ("Relief"-25m) from Asylum last night after dinner.

This morning the A1/A2 hybrid rotation begins and I'm askeered! :eek:

My inner thighs are KILLING ME from the A2 leg work out I did the other day!

This oughtta be fun! :rolleyes::confused:

But I'm gonna do it anyway!!!!!!!:p

Be back on my lunch break!:cool:

Hi ladies,

Not sure what I will be doing this morning. Step seems to aggravate my knee, but I'm sure I can find a non step cardio w/o for this morning.

Icing my knee last night seemed to help a lot more than the ibuprofen I've been taking. Perhaps daily ice therapy will help.

I made homemade chicken enchiladas for dinner. Combined two recipes I found, they turned out great and the family loved them. It made a lot, 3 pans. One pan is in the freezer and we have a few left over for lunches this week.

Wendy-good luck with A1/A2 rotation!! How close were you to finishing the 60 day combat rotation? Nice job fitting in Relief last night.

Lori-Definitely get some 35's. I use those all the time for chest and back work and should probably get some 40's. Nice run yesterday. This week it's too cold for me to run outside, but definitely need to get started on my HM training in the next week or so. Sorry about the ring, but you have something to look forward to.

Jacque-You are a busy bee, that's for sure. I'm a tad envious of all you early risers. I'm getting ready to start my w/o now and it's 7am. Working 9-6 for so many years it's just become routine. It would be preferable to start a bit earlier, but it's not necessary. I have not done any heavy leg work in months (I do miss it). Mostly just Cathe, and the occasional bodypump class which is much lighter weights and many more reps.

Laura-sounds like you got out for a nice run! Way to go.

TG-what have you been up to?

Happy Monday!

MON

Morning Ladies ..

Well SAT I ended going for a run - 5 miles - interval trail run- forgot how much harder a trail run is than pavement!! gorgeous day! great run even tho there was a point I felt I wasnt gonna make it - but I got my second wind and actually had a decent time!!! Then ystdy - SIL and I did Combat 60 LIVE - WENDY YOU WERE RIGHT - OMG .. that was a funner and better workout - we were POURING sweat!!! and no the crowd didnt bother me .. I thought they would keep cutting to the crowd but they didnt .. GREAT workout!! :D once again the great enabler is correct :p ;)

Lori - man I hate that about your ring - but sounds like the jeweler is gonna do right by it!! that is good!! and YYAYAYAYAYAYA you are getting out of the three ring circus house! finally!!

Jacque - I hope my girls will do good .. one came in this morning saying she blew it big time this weekend .. :confused: .... sooo I promptly gave her more cardio to do tonight :p my life???? HA ... I am witholding comment until I see solid improvement! LOLOL

Wendy - I use the ladder - you would be surprised how it holds you accountable .. you cant "cheat" it ... and I personally like S&A the best of all the workouts that is in A1 .. but overall I like A2 complete program the best - it just seems a more improved version of A1 .. more controlled .. more use of specific muscles ... and compared to Insanity .. NO comparision .. to me Insanity was kinda like out of control .. huge potential for injury .. although I did like the PLYO (think it was 2nd disc) ..

DI -hope your knee feels better - I know the weather has a lot to do w/mine hurting .. that and the step .. mine is an overuse injury .. and when I go back to doing step ..WHAM .. it tells me .. HEY . . LAY OFF .. this is how you blew me out in the first place!! :confused:

OK .. better run .. think today will be cardio legs .. may do heavy weights at lunch ... it is nasty out today.. where most of you had snow .. we have had STORMS .. thunder lightning rain wind .. some places tornados .. and hate to say we have more today and tmrw in store for us!! :mad: ok .. have a good one!

Hello Ladies. :)

Lunch time!:D

Well, I got up and knocked out A2 XTrainer this morning! Yeowzas, what a work out! :eek: Some of those agility moves are pretty intricate. I need to practice along with the tutorial dvd before I try to use the ladder or fuggedaboutit!!!!:confused:

Tmrw's work out is A1 Strength. I previewed it but can't recall if there's cardio in it. I'm kinda hoping not! :eek: I love the fact that Asylum has actual weight work outs in it where Insanity did not!:)

Laura:: Nice trail run! It's been weeks since I last ran! :eek: Enjoy leg day and stay safe in those storms!

Diana:: WHOA! Wait a minute! Your boys ate CHICKEN!?!? :eek::eek::eek: Did you dye it a brownish red color so they'd think it's meat or something!? :D;):p I hope you get a handle on that wonky knee soon! Be careful! Did you find a good non-step cardio to do this morning btw? I did half of the Combat rotation and I WILL go back and finish it! :) So I am thinking I will duct taping the agility ladder to my rug coz I am not doing any more push ups then I have to!!!! :p LOL

Lori:: Glad you had a great run! No, my Asylum didn't come with the extras. I ordered it off ebay-just the discs. I don't need another jump rope
so I decided I would order the ladder at a later date if I wanted it so that's what I did. :)

Jacque:: A former friend of mine from the Cathe forums that I once checked in with used to type her personals in a word doc as well and then copy it over IIRC. As for Asylum v Insanity-I have only done 2 Asylum work outs but both involved mega jumping so IDK that Asylum would be any more of a bargain on your joints then Insanity was. Asylum includes weight work that Insanity did not but the jumping is still..well..jumping! LOL And lots of it! :eek:

Ok, I guess that's all for now!

BBL or tmrw!:cool:

BOOH ! day for me . . .

Hi there ladies !

Well I was uber tired this AM so figured no problem, I'll just do Bi's and Tri's when I get home, in between the hockey periods. Well then as the day wore on my lower back got more sore and more sore til now I can barely move. Have been very careful getting in and out of my chair at work and then out of my "low" aerodynamic Civic. :confused: UGH to the nth degree ! :mad:

Laying on an ice pack right now after popping some Naproxen - only used Ibuprofen at work and that was probably a mistake. Aleve works way better for my when I'm sore. At least my legs are feeling the workout from y'day ! :D

Lori - so good to hear you won't have to fight to get your ring fixed though it is a pain and then you'll be without. LOL that you are wondering if you'll get hit on ! :p Nice job on the run. I love running near a creek of ours and then up a nicely inclined hill in the foothills and then end up running through one of our parks. A nice nearly 5 mile run and it is beautiful & peaceful. Way to go on the heavy chest weights. My shoulders give out if I go 20 or 25 these days so I'm stuck not going any heavier. Heck they even grind with bench press ! :eek:

Wendy - good for you and your leg DOMS ! Thanks for the reviews - I can jump around but gong to the floor then getting up quickly or too many push ups are what doesn't work for me. Do tell how his weight work compares to Cathe when you know. And then Combat is a totally different instructor?

Diana - good to hear the ice helped your knee . . . do you ever use Aleve for muscle soreness. As I mentioned, it is my go to - I start with two pills and then continue with one every 12 hours for a couple of days and it totally helps, along with ice the first couple days too ! Hope it heals for you - do you have any idea what is wrong? Are there any unusual ingredients in your enchiladas? What makes the combined recipes so good? Do tell . . . :D
So you are sore then just from body weight exercises? That works to tighten my thighs well and is more freestyle like which helps me reduce the circumference too ! Tight and lean . . . now if I could get back to that ! ;)

Laura - good to hear you got a nice run in . . . I love trail running or hiking. Guess we're doing another Half Dome or something similar (perhaps Mt. Whitney). Outdoors is my fave place to be. Sorry you're having so many storms. We've had a little rain but nothing horrible other than 30' mornings still. Only a couple days this past month+ where I was deicing before work.

Almost time for dinner . . . carne asada with freshly chopped pico de gallo ! Yum ! Crossing fingers I am feeling well enough to pick up weights for Bi's & Tri's in the AM ! Any good vibes you can send my way are WELCOME ! :p

Until tomorrow . . .

Hey Girls:)

Quick check in before I hit the sack. I don't even really know why I'm still awake. I should be tired...

I worked out for longer then planned. I did burns sets bics and tris, core 1, cardio legs and 20 mins on the TM.

Work was good today. I take my lunch from 1-2 so the afternoons fly by.

Diana** your dinner sounded pretty good. I've never made enchiladas either. Maybe when I get in the new spot and get situated. I will have all my pots and pans out and not strange men roaming the kitchen. I will most likely get some heavier weights when we move.

Wendy** the jump ins and outs with that ladder is tough....well the biggest jump of course. But I'd always hit the ladder and then I'd get contrary! Shocking I know:p

Jacque** everyone around here is icing something :eek::p. naproxen is my favorite pill btw! The dr use to prescribe it for me when my chest would get bad and he'd give me enough to last for 2 years. Came in handy if I had a bad head or toothache. Did you get your workout in?

Laura** sounds like you enjoyed your run as well! I miss running outside when I don't get to do it often. I enjoy it most when there is something on my mind of course. Like Friday night I could have ran for hours. You almost had me tricked to order the new workouts but I remembered that I'm moving again!

I may pop back in the morning!

Morning

I been gone waaaaaaaaaay to long so much has and is happening. But, one thing I know is GOD IS GOOD, that being said my niece is breathing on her own, no machine. She is still the same unconscious

I decided to continue with what I love doing working out;) I need to relieve some stress; so this morning got up and got busy. I started with a 10 minute w/u on my treadmill then XT chest shoulders back. I really missed you guys. :)

Hi Ladies,

I'm so tired this morning. Maybe a second cup of coffee will help.:D Yesterday I did 4DS Kickbox only and Z's ab workout on disc 1. There were a few twinges in the knee but nothing terrible. Step definitely is not good for it right now.

I missed my class last night due to a Football Booster Club meeting that ran way over and I didn't get home until 8:15.

This morning should be legs, thinking STS Total Body Legs premix and some abs.

TG-I'm not sure if that is good news or bad. {{HUGS}} She's alive and breathing on her own, will she ever wake up? What kind of quality of life will she have? Praying for you and your family.

Lori-As I'm typing this, I just noticed the sun is up and I can start running in the mornings. Maybe I'll give that a try tomorrow. A 30-40 min run and 1 bodypart should be doable in the mornings. Need to get myself in the right mindset.:D Goodness, how long did it take you to do all those workouts???

Jacque-on no, back pain is the worse. Hope it goes away soon. I'm not certain, but think this is the same lateral collateral ligament problem I experienced several years ago. The pain is on the outside of my knee/leg and a bit on the inside and sometimes radiates behind my knee.

Well one of the recipes only called for cream of mushroom soup...boring. The other one called for scallions, garlic, cilantro, green chiles etc. I mixed one can cream of mushroom soup, 1 can enchilada sauce, along with the ingredients listed above. 8 chicken breasts shredded with 4 cups cheese and 2 cups sour cream. Spread the chicken mixture on a tortilla, add 1 spoon of sauce, roll up and place seam side down in a 9X13 pan. Spoon remaining sauce over the top, top with more cheese and bake in a 350 oven for 20 minutes.

Wendy-Oh yes, I used the tutorial several times...and still struggled with the agility drills in the workouts, fast feet for sure but I thought it was fun too. Nice job with A2!! These are fun w/o's. The rest of the family just prefer to not eat a chicken breast, but if it's shredded is a soup or enchilada's they will eat it.

Laura-I'm jealous of your running. Keep up the good work! I'm a little nervous about it hurting my knee more. We do run a fair amount in class but we always do stairs too and I can't tell which is really hurting it. My guess is the stairs since stepping definitely makes it hurt.

Probably need to go get started on my w/o now. bbl

TUE

Morning Ladies!

Cardio Legs done last night - was great workout - I wonder why Cathe put the heavier weighted exercise in w/the plyo workout instead of the actual leg workout .. seems it would be opposite .. it sure sets my legs on fire .. . man on the plyo moves my legs were on FIH-YAH!!! :eek:

Wendy - I LOVE xtrainer! ya .. the first time we did it .. we didnt even watch the tutorial :confused: ummmmm mistake - but once you get it .. it is FUN!!! and it seems every time you do it .. it gets harder and harder!!! A2 is my favorite out of the series ... dont think I could do it BEFORE work tho!! my body would be like WTH??????

Jacque - booooo ... sorry you are hurtin!! that is NO FUN! hoping the naproxen kicks in soon!! nothing ever helped my knee .. but it was a tear and only TIME helped it .. my shoulder acts up every now and again .. I pop some ibuprofen and keep on keeping on .. just watch certain moves .. I still have to baby my stupid knee .. there are just somethings it tells me WHOA .. NO WAY CHICK .. not happening!!!

Lori - I know you are gonna cave .. sooner or later .. :p .. hey but you are right .. you are moving again .. soooo priorities .. understood!! did you find a place??? are you set to move for sure??? OK .. CArdio legs ALONE kicked this chicks butt .. you did that AND burn sets .. AND TM ..:confused: holy crap girl!!!!

TG: OMG - hoping and praying for the best for your DN ..

DI - it does sound like LCL flair up you are having - maybe it is just irritated - inflammed??? once injured or weakened they tend to always give problems - I know my tear was the quad tendon under the knee cap .. and it is 100% the stepping motion .. mainly the DOWNWARD stepping motion that causes my injury .. and causes mine to act up ... I can go UP stairs fine .. DOWN >> NOT SOOOO GOOD!!!! and dont have me make a side balance move on and off the step .. that move is a NO NO!!!!!

OK - so today I am supposed to help "guide" one of my coworkers in a workout after work - should be interesting!! :p have a great day!

Hi Ladies,

OMG, I'm beat! Ended up doing STS Legs and using a 65#bb for most of it. I used 35# for the squats in the first triset, 20's for the elevated lunges, and 65# for the other squats, lunges, and deadlifts. Then I did 60 hip lifts with the barbell, 30 thrusts/30 regular lifts....then I used my ab machine! So there Lori!:eek: I also previewed Z's w/o's while I was doing my hip thrusts and ab machine!

Oh, and I called in late to work today so I could w/o!! This girl has priorities! I even started laundry...perhaps I just need a day off.

Laura-Cardio leg blast is a goodie! I do think it's the LCL again but still do not know how I injured in the first place. Have fun "guiding" your coworker through a workout! She probably has no idea how evil you can be!:p

Time to shower and head into work.

bbl

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.