Commit to get FIT & LEAN for February!

Hello everyone. We got over 2 feet of snow over here!!!! :eek::eek::eek: The town that I live it got killed. People by my exit on the LIE had to abandon their cars and walk to get helped or walk home. It is insane. All roads are still closed. I took the boys outside to play and my older DS, his boot and sock came off when his leg got stuck in the snow and he lifted it up. I had to carry him piggyback style back inside. He said, "It's a good thing you do Cathe workouts and can still carry me!" LOL! Very true though.

I did Supercuts today. I have completed week five of the rotation. I love this series and this rotation. I am loving the results too. My eating has been sloppy the last few days. I think TOTM is creeping up and DH bought all kinds of snacks for us to get through the storm, including my favorite downfalls (chips, doritos and chocolate, lol).

We are having a Puerto Rican roasted pork and Spanish rice for dinner. It smells so good right now.

Lori- I know. .. I am counting down the days to spring and now we get hit with this storm. I was looking at my workout calendar and thinking when I finish my first round of Xtrain it will be the end of March! I thought that wasn't so bad. Then we get hit with this megastorm. Unbelievable. My parents are leaving for Puerto Rico in another week. They are so lucky. That is great that housing is now available for you guys. You'll have more space and not have to share with landlord, lol. Glad you are liking the job too.

Deb- Supercuts is my favorite of them all, I think. I was so happy to get to do it again this week in the rotation. It is the first time for the rotation, but my third time doing it. I took it easy the first two times, but now I did it with the same weights and gave it all intensity. Plus, my green firewalker is busted, so I used the blue and it really worked the legs on that one segment.

Belinda- my cousin is fine, but her car is still in the snow bank by the highway. The roads are all closed. They haven't even plowed my neighborhood. Couldn't go out if we wanted to!

Cookie- how many inches do you get? I am hoping I will get my write up fromteh observation I did on Monday. MY AP called in sick on Friday. The teacher that went the week before me got hers on Thursday. I think I am next in line. I hope I get it back! I cannot wait any longer.

Okay, off to shower and grade some papers or play Monopoly if I can get my family to join me!

Kristin

Hi,

I thought we had a lot of snow 10 inches but compared to where Kristin lives it pales! I did XT legs, I broke it up and did each section throughout the day. The rest of the day did lots of laundry & started packing for my trip on Tuesday. Also thinking about downloading a movie since it's an 11 hour flight:confused:

Belinda - I bought Turbo Jam from Beachbody when it 1st came out. When are you planning your trips?

Lori - Your life is not boring:) I'm happy for you that you'll be moving and don't have to worry about the unexpected roomates. As usual it sounds like your really organized & working is fitting right in your schedule.

Kristin - OMG, I have been watching the news I can't believe how all those cars were stuck on the LIE, crazy. It's a good thing it didn't happen on a school day. It must be so much fun for you with the boys:) The good thing is it doesn't seem like anyone lost power.

Cookie - Did you get a lot of snow?

Waves hi to Amelia & Phaygyrl

Goodnight:)

Hey Girls,

Quiet here today. Today's workout was 45 mins on the TM and B&G. I think tomorrow will be some xtrain. Maybe I should really consider following the rotation.

Today I spoke to a couple of my friends from home. I really miss them:( Makes me realize it when I talk to them.

Kristin** that is a lot of snow. Nothing surprises me when it comes to that white stuff. We use to get a lot of it. Sometimes so much that we couldn't even get the door open! Lol. Guess that's when the doors started swinging in instead of out. I really don't care how long we are in this rental property for cause we will be alone!!! We are going to try to get in there mid week cause this place is a night mare.

Deb** that's a long haul! I would go crazy. I know friends of ours have went twice and I don't know how I'd sit still for that long. I think they did the red eye once. I think I'll wait till I'm kid free cause I'd never be able to take them with me. I'm sure your gonna enjoy it!

I'll bb in the a.m!

Lori:)

'Morning!
Belinda, did you get snow? What a crazy year.
Amelia, hope all is okay. Miss you.
Lori, glad you're moving! The roommate/s situation would drive me crazy. Also really good that you're meeting some folks you care for. Will your kids stay in the same schools with the move?
Kristin, glad you're okay and didn't loose power. TG you do Cathe! Hurricanes, snow, heat, just crazy.
Phatgyrl, how are you doing?
Deb, we got about 10-12 inches. Yesterday was so blustery, it was blowing all over the place. Two more days! I'm so excited for you. I like to fly - no phone calls, emails, laundry, dishes, and I ignore paperwork.
Took yesterday as a rest day for my foot. Hoping to do weights today. Since they are in the basement, we'll see if I can get down there. Would love to do the rotation but am finally starting to realize my days of impact may be over.
Cookie

Morning girls,

Never got my workout in yesterday:confused: I just finished TJ=20 min workout and Turbo Fire Core 20 min. Getting ready to driver to DC. I will be back for personals later.

Have a wonderful day, everyone.

Good Morning:)

The baby didn't wake until after 7 this morning:). Last morning this week for that, back to early mornings tomorrow. DH was suppose to get off at 4 and he still isn't home. He must of been busy last night.

One of the girls text me yesterday and asked if I wanted to come over for coffee this morning. To be honest I'd rather stay here and get my workout in. I'm on the go all week long, it's nice to hang out here in the mornings.

Cookie** no impact would really suck! For me anyway...cause that means I wouldn't be able to run. That would not be good! I'm glad I'm getting out of here too!

Belinda** have a safe drive!!!

Bbl!

Lori:)

Hey girls, Full upper body weight work done after work today - the last two days have been 35 minute power walks.

I must confess, my absence isn't because I've been crazy busy, its because instead of getting on the computer after work I've been watching Sex And The City reruns.:eek: I've got the series on dvd, ive worked my way through season 4.

ok, now to catch up with you guys

Belinda- Nice workout girl. How the nose? Are you still stuffy? I totally understand about buying Turbo Jam on amazon or ebay, there is always a chance it will be a fake. I only buy from a few trusted dealers on ebay. I haven't found any reasonable priced yet.

Lori-Awesome news on the housing. And thanks for you sweet words. Are you following the xtrain rotation?

Deb-Where were you going again? 11 hour flight sounds like a very. long. flight:confused: yup, a movie or two sound like a good idea :)

Kristen- So cute what you son said about you doing cathe workouts while carrying him piggyback. Wow on the snow...I couldn't imagine getting that much - the whole state of ga would close down:eek: What rotation are you doing again?

Hello to phatgryl.

ok...guess I will go clean something:p Have a good night girls:)

Hi,

Today I did TS Chest, shoulders & tris. I have been busy but trying to make this less stressful by not saving everything till the last minute:eek:

Belinda - I hope you had fun visiting DD.

Lori - I couldn't even imagine doing the trip with kids, my boss thinks I should get sleeping pills. We are taking the red-eye home. You must be so excited to be moving and having the house to yourself. Do you have to wake the baby on days you work?

Kristin - I still can't believe the pictures I'm seeing in the news. It was amazing seeing them plow the LIE. I heard it may be closed tomorrow:confused: I hope you can get around tomorrow.

Amelia - That is a good excuse, still haven't seen all of Sex and the City but the new show looks cute too. We are going to Hawaii for our 25th Anniversary.

Cookie - Sounds like you had about the same as us but they cleaned the streets pretty quickly. I'll let you know how flying is but your right no distractions. How is your foot when you use your bike?

Goodnight:)

Morning,

We had a blast visiting Alesia yesterday. She made us a lunch, it was so delish:p.

Debbie - do what you can do, no stress. Good job with your wo.

Amelia - who is your trusted dealer on ebay? Did you buy the set yet?

Cookie - maybe you need to stop stay off your foot for awhile? I know it's frustrating, but it did get better with rest. We didn't get any snow, just rain.

Lori - it's hard beeing away from your family and friends. Hang in there, girl. I am happy you that you will be moving soon.

Kirstin - glad your cousing is fine. Do you still have snow?

I will be back after my workout. Have a great day/workout, everyone.

'Evening!
Belinda, you sure sound like you're enjoying those Turbo Fire dvds. How many have you borrowed? You're really temping me.
Amelia, I would love to get into a series like that! Good for you. Are you drowning in pink frosting these days?
Lori, hope you didn't unpack much so it will be easier this week. Some stuff I try to do on a rebounder but my running days are long gone. I'm not happy about it.
Kristin, looking at the photos of the snow is amazing. Bet you are really dreaming of PR now.
Phatgyrl, where are you?
Deb, you lucky person! Is tomorrow your flight? Bet you're dreaming of the beautiful beach. Can you sleep on a plane? I'm not good at that.
Did bi and tris today and a Hard Strikes modified on the rebounder.
Cookie

Evening everyone. Yesterday turned out to be a rest day. We took the boys sledding/snow-tubing with some friends. I definitely got a workout in going up that steep hill at least 30 times. We had so much fun. DS's school was cancelled today, but my district was opened and didn't have a delay start. I called in sick. My street is plowed, but the LIE wasn't even opened until 6 a.m. There was no way I was going to risk my life to get to work. A lot of people called in sick from what I understand. DS has no school again tomorrow. At this rate he will be there for the fourth of July. I am going to attempt to go in tomorrow. The roads are all a sheet of ice now though.

Because I didn't work out yesterday, I doubled up today and did Xtrain legs, and then Xtrain D1, Chest, back and shoulders. It felt good. I have to get back to clean eating tomorrow. This weekend and weather did me in!

Cookie- I am dreaming of a safe commute tomorrow, to be honest. The roads are horrible!

Belinda- do I still have snow, hahahaha. We will be snow covered until April, lol. I've never seen it like this. . . ever. Now I hear we are expected to get up to six inches more on Thursday :eek:. I want to sneak in my parents' suitcase and go to San Juan, lol.

Deb- they opened the LIE at 6 in the morning. I heard it was still icy and not really safe. I hope you enjoy Hawaii. You are soooooo lucky!!!! Enjoy!

Amelia- I just started week 6 of the Xtrain undulating rotation. Getting good results. I never have shoulder definition, and I am seeing real progress there. Love Sex and the City!!!

Lori- are you packed up and ready to get out of landlord Hell? I am hoping you have a smooth transition. You have a lot going on between new job, moving, and everything else. Take it easy! One step at a time ;)

Okay, I think I am caught up for now. Off to shower. I am getting up super early tomorrow. . . unfortunately!

Kristin

Morning girls,

Kirstin - WOW! That's a lot of snow. I can't wait for the weather to get warmer. Stay warm!
Glad you and the boys had fun sledding'snow-tubing.

Cookie - I am so close buying Turbo Fire and Turbo Jam:eek:, lol. I am not sure how many I have borrowed? I am having fun trying them all out. Seeing great results too. I lost 10 lb so far. Not bad, hah? Now you know why I love those workout. I never lost that much weight with any other workouts. And I have to say, they are so much fun. I hope I can keep those dvds for a little longer so I don't have to buy them;) Remember, I am trying not to buy any wo dvds:eek:

Debbie - have fun! I wouldn't mind going to a beach now.

DH planned something for VD? Can't figure out what he has in store???:p Kids won't tell me:confused:

Waving Hi to Amelia and Lori!

I will be back after my workout, haven't decited what I will do yet? BBL!

Hey girls, quick check in. Yesterday was a 3 mile walk with Leslie and I just finished Turbo Jam cardio party #1. Im sweating bullets:eek:

ok...I will try and check back in tomorrow after work. Vacation starts Saturday:eek::eek::eek: I don't think were going anywhere in particular but I know one thing for sure. I won't be going to work for 7 whole days;):cool:

'Evening!
Belinda, that's impressive results. I tell you I'm getting tempted and I'm also trying not to spend $!!!
Amelia, where did you get your TJs? How many do you have? Enjoy the vacation. Just not leaving the house would make me happy.
Kristin, that's a lot of snow. My mom keeps talking aobut "how could LI get so much snow?" I'm sure you are also.
Lori, hope the work/home juggle is going smoothly.
Phatgyrl, where the heck are you girl?
Deb, is today the day you're flying out? Hope you have a fantastic time. Please have a drink on the beach for me.
Up repeatedly last night with the dogs barking at some thing stupid - probably the wind blowing, so am dragging already. Think I'll go to bed early. Feel like I'm getting a sinus infection.
Cookie

Well. . . I did tabata premix three. I was sooooo winded at the end. I don't know if I'll ever make it to do all five. I felt good once I caught my breath at the end, lol.

DS's school has a two hour delay tomorrow. At this rate, he will not have a full week off from school until summer. It is crazy. With my district being open, I will be off and he will have to make up these days. I think on one of the days when I am off and he has school I will do something special with my younger DS. We hardly ever have time just the two of us.

Anyway. . . since the tragedy at Sandy Hook, my principal has been a little crazy with practicing lockdowns. Today she had us practice lockdown drills between classes (during hallway passing time). Six times. SIX times. It cut into instructional time and that was upsetting because I had to modify a really well-planned lesson. I know we have to practice these drills, but SIX times?!?! A little excessive if you ask me.

On another note, I hope Deb is enjoying Hawaii. I so wish I was there. They are saying we are getting more snow. NO!!!!!!!! Our roads are still bad. I saw three accidents, bad accidents, on my way home today. A truck was turned over. One accident a van was facing the wrong way and another car hit the railing. . . it was bad.

Cookie- I am dumbfounded by all the snow. It will take FOREVER to melt. I want spring!!!

Amelia- nice job with the workout. Sometimes the best vacations are the ones where you just kick back in your house and relax.

Belinda- Nice job with Supercuts. I love that one. I am curious about your Valentine's surprise. You'll have to let us know what it is. That is so sweet that your DH is planning something for you like that. I love it!

Okay, off to listen to the president. Do you think he will say it is time to get rid of all these ridiculous tests and get back to basics? A girl can dream. . .

Kristin

Morning everyone,

I will do cardio, maybe TF:p

Kirstin - I guess I will be going somewhere for the next 4 days:eek: DH had to tell me something, I told him I needed to know:p still don't know where we are going? I did like Super Cuts., it was fun! Good job on the tabata premix.

Cookie - I am trying not to spent any $! But I love those workouts, they are the most fun workouts I have done. I woke up 10 times last night:( need some sleep. Sorry about your sinus infection. Take care!

Amelia - you bought TJ, hah:eek: Good job, girl.

Waving Hi to Lori and Debbie.

I shall return. Happy Hump Day!

Hey girls, just finished a 2 mile walk + 30mins of travel fit. I substituted weights in some of the workouts instead of the band, made the workout a little more intense:)

Cookie-I downloaded TJ from a p2p file sharing site. I would love to own the dvd's though. I found some used copies on amazon for only 25$, not bad. Hope your feeling ok, everybody at work has a sinus infection it seems like.

Belinda-Nice job on your workouts!

Kristin- Ugh on the snow..that's not good. I agree, 6x's is a little excessive to do a drill. Nice job with Tabata ...wow, those are tough.

Deb-Hope your enjoying that beautiful weather and have a blast!!!

Lori-Are you guys moving?

ok...off to to surf the web. Have a nice night.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.