Commit to get FIT & LEAN for February!

Hello everyone. Yesterday ended up being a rest day. Today I did CF low impact tabata premix, and then Xtrain chest, back, shoulders disc 1. My eating has not been good lately. I am craving candy and salt, lol. I wish I could blame it on TOTM, but that is not the case. I think the weather is getting to me, lol. My parents left for Puerto Rico today, oh how I wish I could go with them, lol.

I finally got the write-up from my formal observation. I got Highly Effective in all four domains (categories). Highly effective is the highest rating you can get. I was very happy. My AP let me know he does not give HE easily, lol. It made my day. Then later, I emailed a parent to give her an update and she wrote back thanking me and telling me I am AWESOME in all capital letters. She said she hopes her son has more teachers like me as he continues on. THat made my day. Cookie- saving that email for an artifact ;).

Belinda- your husband is soooooooo amazing. You are one lucky woman. I had tears in my eyes too thinking about it. SO romantic after all those years married. Wow! Glad you had the time of your life. Phantom is one of my favorite musicals. I love the music. Music of the Night is one of my favorite Broadway songs, then I love Wishing you were somehow here again too. I love that show. I saw it last when I was 20. NYC is full of surprises and discovering them is the best part. No other city like it. Whenever we go into the city I try to explain to my boys how lucky they are to live so close to it and to get to experience it.

Cookie- I agree this series is amazing. . . which makes me wonder what she could possibly be thinking of doing now. How will she top this?

Deb- hope things warmed up for you. It is freezing cold over here. Today was 32 degrees, but with the wind it felt like 10 :(. I am counting down the days to baseball season!

Waves hello to Amelia and Lori!

Kristin

'Morning, quick check in before leaving to go pick up dd for her week off. Looking forward to going back to that bakery with the great bread. Picked up a sourdough yesterday from a place around here that I used to think was good - not any longer.
Belinda, wow that's some guy and a weekend! Really very happy for you!
Kristin, congratulations!!! That's great.
Waves hi to Amelia, Lori, Deb, and Phatgyrl!
Oh, did supercuts this morning! Love the endorphin rush from it.
Cookie

Morning girls,

Belinda-Wow:eek::eek: What a truly amazing Valentines day weekend you had. So happy you had such a great time!!! I would love to visit NYC one day...sounds amazing :)

Cookie-Nice job with super cuts. Mmm, nothing like fresh sourdough bread. Our bakery has that old frozen stuff - shipped in from who knows where.:rolleyes:

Deb - how long is your stay in Hawaii? Sorry to hear the weather is following you around.

Kristin- Nice workout and congrats on your awesome observation!!

Hello to Lori :)

Sigh...so tomorrow I go back to work (BOO) I honestly wish I could cut down to part time but since my DH is getting laid off at the end of next month that just isn't possible:confused:
He's applying at local company's, im sure he will get a bite from somewhere with his work history. Poor guy, this is the second place that has laid him off in the last 10 years. He was planning on retiring with this place:(

Anyways, not sure what workout im doing today. The last four days i've been relaxing and just doing walks.

Low impact circuit done today. 112 minutes total :D Its been a while since i've completed one of cathe's intense workouts...feels good:)

I'm considering following a rotation. But for now im going to do 1 circuit, 1 upper body, 1 lower body and 2 intense cardio's a week.

ok..have a great night:)

'Morning!
Belinda, that was quite the long weekend! Is it turbo jam or fire that you like so much? I'll check out Mary's site - do you also like those two you mentioned - hip hop abs, and I forgot the other...
Amelia, I'm with you on not wanting to go to work. Lately, every Sunday night I feel that way. This morning I woke up thinking of everything I need to do to get ready for next week and feel like I won't have time to get it done, plus what I want to do around the house! Love, love, love a good tangy chewy sourdough! After taking those bread baking classes I'm getting more picky. For just dh and myself, it hardly seems worthwhile sometimes to make it myself. Keeping your dh in my thoughts. It must be very hard for him, esp. a second time.
Lori, have you gotten a run in?
Kristin, congrats again on the great observation. That's outstanding. Almost 13 weeks til Memorial Day!
Deb, hope the weather is better and stopped following you around.
HS this morning and perhaps a dog walk. Depends on temp, wind direction and amount of ice! DD and DH want to go to movies this afternoon, hopefully Argo or Silver Linings.
Cookie

Morning girls,

Never got a workout in yesterday:mad: I wasn't busy or anything:rolleyes: just didn't feel like doing much yesterday.

On Wednesday I did a circuit workout and Thursday I did Hard Strike. I had to take the intensity on HS down. Too many jumping jacks. I liked the workout, but I like TJ better:D

Cookie - I know, I said I wasn't gonna order any more wo dvds, but I did:eek: I ordered Turbo Jam, Hip Hop Abs and Rocking body yesterday. Couldn't pass up on that deal on Hip Hop Abs and Rocking body:p Each program usually around $59. I couldn't pass up that deal. Alesia loves Hip Hop Abs and Rocking Body;) Since I ordered already HHA and RB, somehow TJ landed in my shopping card:p:eek:

Yesterday groupon offered a bus tour to NY:eek: We bought 4 tickets. We all will go in a few weesk.

Debbie - hope the weather is getting better. Have fun.

Lori - are you all settled in yet?

Amelia - you are doing great with your workouts.

Kirstin - congrats on the great observation. That's fantastic.

Not sure what I will do today, but I need to do something.:D

Have a wonderful day and weekend.

I am back: Did a Total Body workout with Jessica Smith:D short and sweet! Will do some sort of cardio later today. need to get ready for dog training.

Happy Weekend everyone! I know I didn't get a chance to check in yesterday, but I did get my workout in. I did Tabatacise, premix 4, but I skipped the fourth tabata and went to the abs workout because my legs were so wobbly, I didn't think I could do it. My goal is to get through all four next week, lol. Today I did Supercuts. Love this series so much. I am starting week 8 of the rotation tomorrow! :eek: I have no idea what I will do after this rotation is over. I love it so much, I want to keep doing it, but I know I have to change it up to keep the results coming. I am thinking of doing one month of anything I want, and then make my own getting ready for summer rotation based on Fitness Freak's formulas, lol.

We are going out to dinner with friends today and no kids. Excited about that. It is freezing cold here, but we didn't get more snow, so I am okay with that. I just really cannot wait until summer.

Belinda- thanks, it is a relief to get such positive feedback. It boosted my confidence too. I am just worried about the state test now.

Cookie- I am counting down to the ELA. I just want to get to after the test, lol. I am worried because I know they are changing it, but not sure what to expect. I am on engageny every day. I wish they had more than a sample on there. I would like an example of each book. I am glad they took the listening off. I remember telling a colleague last year that the listening part doesn't align with the new Common Core. I always thought the listening was a waste of time. It is the length of the test and all the reading that I am worried about. These state officials in the dept. of ed. fail to realize these are children taking the test, and many of them do not have the stamina to sit through these tests.

Amelia- nice workout. At least you got a break from work for a week. I am keeping my fingers crossed for your DH.

Deb- wondering how you are doing. Aloha!

Lori- I am sure you are busy getting everything in order in the new place.

Off to shower!

Kristin

Morning girls,

It was back to work yesterday and it was quite eventful! First,we had a small pipe burst that lead to a small water fountain in the middle of the bakery:eek: Then, after we got that cleaned up my boss was telling me a funny story on how one of our decorators lost a piece to the air brush gun and thankfully she found it but while she was explaining how the piece fell off the same piece all-of-a-sudden comes twisting off and rolls on the floor right down a drainage pipe ( the drain pipe is under a table and its basically a small hole in the floor) so bye bye piece:eek:. Finally, while my boss and I are on the floor looking for this piece our co-worker decides to take a picture of us with our rear-ends in the air...:eek::confused:

Sigh, like I said...it was a very eventful day back for me!:confused:

Kristin-Awesome job on your workout and your rotation. I would be just about done with that same rotation if I would have stuck to it.:eek: Right now im kinda doing my own thing. I love FF's rotations!

Belinda- Nice job with your workout!

Cookie-Nice job with HS. Hows the foot doing? Are you still liking the bosu ball?

Hello to everyone that follows. Yesterday I did 30 minutes of turbo jam. Today I plan on getting in either legs or upper body + a short power walk with leslie...the weather is cold and rainy today. blah...

'Morning!
Belinda, you are such an enabler! I sort had forgotten about rocking body, got busy and stuff, but now I have it open on another window. My dh keeps reminding me - tuition is our focus, tuition is our focus, but mine seems to be wavering ...
Amelia, i love your coworker's fast thinking with the camera! That must have broken up some of the tension. What a day. I'm sure they are glad you are back. You do TJ also?!!! Now I'm really feeling late to the party.
Lori, have you settled in? Hope all is well.
Phatgyrl, come out, come out.
Kristin, on my list for today is to prepare a presentation to parents (for Tuesday!!) about testing and the CC. The principal also asked that the parents be given examples to compare to before and the current. The change is dramatic. Can't imagine being in college and suddenly converting to this level of challenge. I'm on week 8 also, but have to do mods for the jumping. Very disappointed that not an ounce has disappeared. Look firmer but not a da** ounce.
Deb, thought of you last night and pictured you on the beach relaxing and eating fresh fruits, veggies and maybe a beverage.
Did lots of 100s yesterday and HS, plus the conditioning with it. Feel my arms today. since it is the longer premix, doing legs today. Went to see Silver Linings Playbook last evening (very enjoyable, even dh raved) and went for Vietnamese food. Only had a sald and it was good. Off to do legs then my ds is coming over to see if our dogs get along. She's going on vacation for two weeks and want us to watch hers. Want to help her out but ... need to see how they all get along. That would be a lot of dogs. Also friends coming for dinner, plus groceries, and all the work stuff I still haven't gotten to.
Cookie

Ok....I don't even know when I checked in last and I can't even catch up b/c that would take to long. I'm ready to get back into routine of checking in again now. Our Internet was connected on Friday so it's all good:). My boss is also in Mexico so I may be able to check in from my phone at work some days, if there aren't to many people around.

So we were all sick last week. Not sure if I already me tinned it. Everyone here had a stomach bug..thought I was going to get to a lot of unpacking done...that didn't workout so well last Saturday. Then dh and dd had the bug in Sunday and Monday. Then last night I made a trip to the emergency room b/c my throat has been bothering me for days and it kept getting worse last night. I thought it might feel better with the alcohol but not so much:mad:. Then i got nervous that my throat would swell so much that it was going to close off! I was in and out of the hospital 10 mins! It was crazy! She gave me a prescription for something. I didn't sleep well cause I couldn't get the meds until the pharmacy opened this morning and my throat was so sore I could barely swallow.

I started back at my workouts last Sunday and I worked out yesterday as well. Thurs and fri ended up being rest days. I'd like to go for a run today but let's see how I feel in a couple of hours.

Belinda** I read your vday surprise the other day and I just had to comment!! Holy moly he really out did himself didn't he? We were in such a tizzy here that we didn't even exchange cards. We moved on the 13th and both back to work on the 14th so I lived through your vday!:eek:

I may bbl!

Lori:)

3mile power walk+ Xtrain Legs premix: standing , floor & chair. :D

Will check in later with personals (probably tomorrow;) )

Hi everyone. Boy did this weekend fly or what? Today I did the same thing Cookie did. I switched the rotation around so that I could do the 80 minute leg workout from XTrain. Oh my! My legs are soooooooooooooooooo fried.

We took DS to his basketball game today. He really hustles on the court. DH made dinner :). Now I am grading tests to give back tomorrow. That is the goal anyway.

Cookie- That is exactly why I am worried about the new test. Our district didn't buy any review workbooks because of money issues and so I am really concerned. I am using old ELA prep workbooks, but what is the point when the test is going to be different and harder? I am stressing over this. I wish they would at least give a full sample test of each book on engageny to use as a way to review. BTW, I haven't lost any weight either, but I lvoe the muscle tone I am seeing.

Amelia- funny work stories :). I did FF's get ready for summer rotation last year and it helped me get those last few pounds I gained over the winter. She comes up with good ones.

Lori- glad you and your family are feeling better. What a week you've had. Hoping this week is much smoother :)

Waving hello to Deb and Belinda!

Kristin

Morning everyone.

I am super sore from Saturday's workout:(? My booty is on fire, I can't hardly walk up the stairs, lol. No workout yesterday, went and visit DD in Washington DC instead. Oh well.

Not sure what I will do today? Wating for my BB workout, they shipped already;)

Cookie - did you order Rocking Body? Hip Hop Abs is reg. price again. What I like about Turbo Jam and Turbo Fire, they are a party in a box:eek:. They are so much fun and the music rocks. I love then. No dread factor at all. I did Hard Strike last week. Wished Cathe would added more punching instead of all those jumping jacks. :( It was a little to much for my old body:confused:

Kirstin - hope your had a great dinner with your friends this weekend. I hear you on doing anything you want, I am having a hard time following a rotation these days. BTW, you will rock the state test!! Good luck! Good job on Xtrain legs. That's a long time working out.

Thanks Lori - DH is a keeper! I totally suprised me. Don't know how he will top this one off, lol? You and your DH can make up something nice once things settle down. We been there, done that..lol.

Amelia - good job yesterday. That's funny about your cowakrer taking a pic. LOL!

I will be back later. Have a wonderful day and workout.

Hi everyone.

I did Rocking Body " Dance Party" w/Shaun T:D Very fun workout. I will take a nice walk with my dogs later. It's sunny outside.

I will try to be back later. Have a wonderful day and workout.

Hey girls,

Did P90X Chest & Back with DH and DS. Now I am beat:eek: Lots of push ups and chin ups:confused:

Who is odering Cathe's 7 new workouts? I haven't done Xtrain yet:D

Waving Hi to everyone that follows today. Good night.

'Evening!
Belinda, me, me! I plan on preordering. Haven't broken down on rocking one tho. Yesterday spent a few minutes reorganizing my exercise dvds. Making one binder all Cathe's and then another everyone else. Well, that got me to thinking perhaps I should really think about spending much money on anyone else. I use hers more than anything else. Now if it was turbo fire/jam whichever one you like on sale, I'd probably be biting the bullet fast.
Kristin, like minds thinking alike. Believe it or not, I had forgotten how tough those rear delts are - wow. Every time I do that leg wo, my quads really speak to me. How about you?
CSB today. Got to finish a presentation for tomorrow. Waving hi to everyone else.
Cookie

'Morning!
Didn't sleep well and been up for a few hours. Gave me a chance to finish up my presentation though! Drinking coffee and getting ready for aol hiit. Of course, I'll have to modify...
Waving good morning to everyone.
Cookie

Morning Cookie, have a good workout with AOL!! Hope you have a good day

I plan on getting in an Xtrain upper body workout after work, yesterday was a rest day.

Sooooo, did anyone see the new workouts Cathe has coming out at the end of the summer? 7 new workouts:eek::eek::eek:

Who's pre-ordering? Im not sure at this point because I have so many workouts and it seems I just got Xtrain?

Decisions, decisions :confused:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.