Commit to get FIT & LEAN for February!

bayerngirl

Cathlete
Morning girls,

My plan is using the elliptical at the gym today.

What are your plans today?

I will be back to report my workout.

Back with personals:

Debbie - yeah, on the silver bling shoes! I couldn't believe an adult crying beacause she couldn't get in? I was like "REALLY"? LOL! :rolleyes:

Amelia - hope you get your workout in. Hang in there! I will keep you and your husband in my thoughts & payers!

I just looked at my workout calendar, haven't had rest day since Jan 21:confused: 10 days ago:confused: need to take one soon.

I will be back later. Have a great Friday, everyone.

Good Morning:)

I fell a sleep on the couch last night and when I went t bed, I couldn't get to sleep. Mostly b/c the wheels started to turn. What's up with that? I guess it's natural to worry about your kids when you go back to work. DS was playing on my mind the most b/c he's such a homebody and he's so slow! I will never get him out of the house by 7:15 and then I thought he was going to have to take a bus to and from before and after school care, but I think they are located right in the school and that's a HUGE relief for me. I was all concerned about him having to get on a bus and know where to get off:confused:. I think I underestimate home some times.

I'm not sure what today's workout will be. Probably shoulders, bics and cardio. Good thing it's feb 1st, gives me a reason to clean up my eating. I've been eating way to much sugar lately.

Belinda**I don't know if I could get use to moving that much. Did the kids care? I think about hauling the boys in and out of schools but I think boys are easier going then girls!

Deb** this job isn't with the dealership. Can you believe she still hasn't called? It's going on two weeks now. Maybe she made up her mind but didn't call me. That's possible. Most places will call you if you don't get the job but I can see her bring to busy. I think I'm gong to enjoy this spot :)

Ameila** yeah it's the job that our friends suggested. It's a great company to work for. I only have to work with someone for a week so I have a feeling it's not that complicated!

I don't know if I told you guys that dh gave me a ring for Christmas? It was a new bridal set and way to big. We sent it back and the new one should be here today!!! I'm so excited!!!

Oh and we told the landlord that I wasn't comfortable with two men in the house and he understood. I think he might have known it was ridiculous!

I'll bbl!
Lori:)

Morning girls,

Its so nice to be off work today. The suns out but its freezing, bummer. I could really use a long walk in the park today.

On todays agenda in some weights along with a good cardio. I feel like getting in a good sweat. I also need to get some groceries :rolleyes: <--thats how I feel about that.

bbl

Hi,

I did X-train legs standing & already I'm feeling DOMS wanted to go back tonight & finish it up but decided I'll wait till tomorrow.

It was crazy here today my neighbor came by with her new Golden puppy so cute! My nephew came by so DH could give him a haircut, DS brought home gf's dog for the day & I tried to clean around all this! I finished up all my service reports today too:) Also ran to the store to get most of the stuff I need for Superbowl Sunday just need to pick-up some odds & ends tomorrow.

It's quiet here this weekend.

Belinda - Not sure if you know this but Turbo Jam was followed up with Turbo Fire but I like Turbo Jam better. Do you still go to doggie bootcamp?

Lori - I'm sure the 1st couple of weeks will be rough when you start work, but once you get a routine down it will get better. I would call the dealership & tell her your "taken" already:eek:

Amelia - It was so cold here today too & right now it's snowing:( I really can't wait to try Supercuts. I think it's in my rotation this week.

Waves hi to Kristin, Cookie & phatgyrl

Goodnight:)

'Morning!
Belinda, I was wondering about you and the dog training also. How's it going? What did you and dd do this weekend?
Amelia, saw you started a thread on WW. Great idea getting even more support. How's it going?
Kristin, you must be busy with the boys. Do you also follow football?
Lori, congrats on the job. Any change is hard but you can do it. Think of how much you already get done in a day - more than most ever will. I also need to figure in more time for actually getting out of the house and loading the car than I expect. BTW, I love hockey. Grew up with it and its my fav sport.
Phatgyrl, how's your weekend? Is it cold in Chicago?
Deb, bet you look amazing in the dress. That was a lot of dog business yesterday. Is it tempting you for when you return from your trip? To tell the truth, when I'm completely stressed at work, I think of just going home and walking the dog. Just thinking of it helps. Of course, I picture warmer weather!
Friday was a planned rest day. Yesterday burn sets: csb and managed aolhiit with new sneaker inserts. Seemed to help, since I am walking this morning. Hoping to get in legs today. Went to college hockey games the past two nights and today going to see Lincoln with dh, ds1 and his gf. Then they're staying for dinner and then the game. Of course, I should have been doing paperwork this morning but caught up w/newspapers and reading what every one else is up to. Guess I'm more nosey than work motivated.
Cookie

Morning ladies,

Today is my DS's birthday. He is 24 today. Time flies.

Amelia - you have TJ?

Debbie and Cookie - we went to dog training yesterday. Dogs doing really well with training.

Today is a rest day. I will catch up w/persoanls tomorrow.

Thought I checked in yesterday! Oops! I was to contrary anyway...DH has a way of doing that to me.

Fridays workout was 45 mins on the TM and Amy bentos slo mo bics and tris. I went heavier with bics then normal. I bumped it up to 25 lbs dbs. I didn't think I would make it through all of the sets but I only dropped back down to 20's for the last 2 reps in the last set. My bics are still sore. Yesterday's workout was 25 mins run, most of crossfire and LBB standing working. Today I will do cardio and get a head start on this weeks weight workouts.

We went out for drinks Friday night, just three but I was so tired yesterday morning and dh didn't move until 8 again...it was 9:30 the morning before that. And this morning he was dumb enough to lie there again so the baby and I left the room again but not before I turned all the lights on!

Today I have a few things I need to do. We need to get groceries, laundry, workout and meet the sitter. I also wouldn't mind making a couple of things for dinners this week. Dh is off thurs and fri so he can handle dinner those days

Belinda** happy birthday to your son! I have no clue where the time goes either. DD will be 17 in march! And when I look at the baby, I know it's only a matter of time before he is going to school too. I don't know if time is going by faster or if we fill our days up with so much stuff, that it just zooms by!

Cookie** lol...I don't know a thing about hockey. And I also don't know anything about this Super Bowl stuff. DH doesn't even watch football but for some reason they all use to get together to watch the Super Bowl. Go figure. Anything to get away from the women, I figure:eek:

Ameila** nice workouts!!!

Deb** sounds like you've been busy. I don't have pop in guest anymore:rolleyes: cause we don't know anyone...lol. I heard the door come open the other night and I thought it was DH's parents. Then I came back to reality. I will be very excited when family can come visit!

K...I will try to come back tonight!

'Evening!
Wonder if everyone is watching the SuperBowl?
Belinda, happy birthday to you and your ds. I say to you since you're the one who should be celebrated. Glad dog training is still going well.
Lori, any excuse to get together and party is worthwhile - even football. Are you all packed and ready for tomorrow?
Hope everyone else is having fun and doing well. Did bi and tris this morning and doms are here. Also got in a 5 mile dog walk with my new orthotics and so far so good. Highly recommend Lincoln - really good.
Cookie

Hi,

Just finished watching the Superbowl. I taped the half-time show w/ Beyonce & decided to finish up legs from yesterday . . . that is one tough leg workout not sure if I could do it in one shot:eek:

I'm thinking of putting the rotation on hold till I get back from vacation & doing weight training for the next week:confused: This afternoon we attempted to go to a wake/funeral but after waiting in the line for almost an hour & still far from the door, DH & I gave up we were freezing.

Belinda - It's great that the dog is doing really well with the training plus it's fun for you.

Lori - Good luck tomorrow! Are you going back full-time? The Superbowl is fun you should just watch for the half-time show & commercials a good excuse to eat chicken wings too;)

Kristin - Did you win? No one in my family did.

Amelia - I'm sure you don't like going to the foodstore on your day off.

Cookie - No dresses yet hoping they come in this week. Did you watch the Superbowl, I enjoyed the 30 min. break when the lights went out:D I was wondering how Lincoln was.

Hi everyone! Sorry I have been MIA. I tried to log on a couple of times, but the site was down, I guess. I couldn't get on Saturday at all. I have been keeping up with my workouts. Friday was XT CLB, Saturday was HS, and yesterday was Burn Sets CBS. I am on week five of the rotation. My cousin came over Friday night. I had given her my copy of The Kite Runner, one of my favorite books. She finished reading it and so we went to the library and took out the movie. The movie was good, but left out details from the book, which took away from it, at least my cousin and I felt that way. Saturday I spent the day cleaning and lesson planning. Yesterday was a doozy. Woke up to find the house was really cold. I turned the heat up, and the boiler kicked on, but the house was still cold. DH wanted to wait until tomorrow to call someone (meaning today now). He didn't want to miss the Super Bowl party we went to last night. I was so mad at him, lol. I was telling him that we have two small boys and there room is cold and I don't like the cold. If we let this go things could get worse, yada yada yada. I insisted we call my dad because my dad knows everything about everything mechanical. Turns out we had air in the lines. My dad fixed it. :)

Anyway. . . I will bbl to catch up on personals. Pinky promise. I notice none of us are going on the RT this year. I just don't want to spend that kind of money now with trying to save and get a bigger house. I am trying hard to pay off credit card debt. Every month I am paying off another low card ($500-$1000). My goal is to have no balances left by June.

BBL
Kristin

Hi,

Everyone's MIA:eek: except for Kristin:)

I did BS bi's & tri's today, we also went to my inlaws to celebrate their anniversary. We had a lot of laughs. It is so cold, next year my goal is to get the warmest coat! I guess that would be fur but not very practical for my lifestyle.

Kristin - I couldn't imagine not having heat in these temps, TG for your Dad:) One time I brought Kite Runner on vacation to read but thought it might be too heavy/sad so read something else. What do you think?

Waves hi to everyone

'Morning!
Well, once again, I realized what a fool I am - posted yesterday in the January thread!!! No excuse really, but I was tired. Then I must have bumped the thread up, and Phatgyrl also replied there!
Belinda, did you watch the SuperBowl?
Amelia, are you busy decorating baked goods for Valentine's Day? A friend of mine mentioned a diet called Game On. It has a website with info and gives points for doing well and some other things. Sounded a bit like Spark to me. Have you heard of it?
Kristin, Kite Runner is a good but sad book. I didn't care for his second one as much. Glad your father was able to fix the heat problem.
Lori, how did the first day of work go? It is a juggling act.
Phatgyrl, sorry for posting in the wrong thread. You're focused and committed so keep knocking those courses off the list. Are you able to get in walking?
Deb, almost aloha time! Sorry thought your dress had arrived. You must be getting excited. Did you select a new book for your trip?
Yesterday had hardly any sleep so was glad to get a few hours in last night. I work with someone who gets me so antsy - she focuses on the most minutia of things that aren't done but meanwhile there's loads to do but she doesn't ever seem to notice. Spending the week with her will be my major exercise this week - one in patience.
Meanwhile, my foot is liking the inserts, so I'm going to try cardio leg blast on the rebounder. Working out always helps me when I have to deal with her. Hmmm, perhaps I should do KPC...
Cookie

Hi everyone. Yesterday was my rest day. I am doing CLB tonight. Tabatacise is in two days :eek::eek::eek: This is the one that scares me the most, lol. I have only done it once, and it was only premix 2 with tabatas one and two and core. I am going to do that one this week again. Then add a tabata on every week. . . at least that is what I think I will do.

So our fence was damaged in the Hurricane. We got the insurance money right before Christmas, but the fence guy was busy so he didn't come until yesterday. He is almost done, but it looks great. I am happy to have some privacy again!

Cookie- I loved the second one just as much as the first. I just gave it to my cousin to read. Talking about these books made me interested to see if the author has anything new out. He does! He has a new book coming out in May. I cannot wait to get my hands on it.

Deb- I think the Kite Runner is a sad story, but it is a powerful story and one about redemption at the end. I loved it. Not so much for a beach read though, lol. BTW- I didn't win :(

Lori- congrats on the job. It might be hard the first week or so, but once you get the routine down, you'll see, you'll be fine. I LOL'ed at you turning on the lights on DH. Men! :rolleyes:

Belinda- happy birthday to your son! Hope you are doing well and taking it easy on that foot!

Amelia- what are you up to these days? How is that wacky boss of yours?

phatgyrl- keeping up with Xtrain? I am loving my results.

Ok off to work!

Kristin

Morning ladies,

Sorry for not checking in yesterday. I feel under the weather. My nose is stuffed, can't hardley breath. Sunday Aleisa went through 1/3 of my closet, lol. It only took her 30 min to fill up an entire lawn bag.

Cookie - don't feel bad posting in the wrong thread. It happends. Yeah, DS made me watch the SuperBowl., lol. I am so not into football. I am wearing inserts, can't walk without them. Glad it's helping.

Kirstin - I still can't do any high impact workouts, my heel spur is still bordering me. Enjoy Tabatacsie this week and CLB tonight. Our fence was demaged a few month ago in the Hurricane winds, we had it fixed right away. I have 4 dogs. It is a lot of many going to the RT. Aleisia wanted to go, lol. I told her we would go maybe next year?

Lori - congrats on your job. How was your first day? How is your dd doing? Wow, she will be 17 next month. Any plans?

Debbie - good job yesterday with your upper body workout.

Hi Amelia and phatgyrl!

Yesterday I did Turbo Jam and shoulders.

I will be back after my workout. Have a good one, everyone.

Last edited:

First day done...unto the 2nd day. It was good, it went well, just a little boring at times. You all know how I'm go,go,go...and I'm sure there are times it will be hectic and so on. They said that they are slowly giving me stuff to do but I really don't think there is that much to learn. The boys did great but why do I have the guilts? I don't want to stay home and I can't stay home...I have to work. And they are fine. The baby didn't seem to mind at all and I think DS even had fun in the after school program. Everyone is happy but why do it feel bad....grrr! And I use to always feel that way when I dropped DS off so this is nothing new.

Last night my workout was ride and GS chest. I don't know what I will do tonight. I'd like to run but my legs always feel like led. That's what I started to do last night but after 2 mins I decided to get on the bike.

Belinda** hope you feel better soon! Those daughters come in handy. Wish my mom would let me clean her closet out:eek:...or her house for that matter.

Kristin** I told dh the other day that we needed to start knocking out all the little bills we have. I have a sears card with only $1200 on it or something...and another cc with only $700. Just need to wipe them out. And I don't even use a sears card unless its Christmas time. We pay the balance off on one bill every month, pretty much but the rest just kind of linger. I love tabatise, I don't find it that dreadful. But I w thinking that other day how funny it is that the power 15's ( that are the interval in IMAX) is the recovery in this one.

Deb** hate when vaca interrupts my rotation but lucky for me, I haven't been following a rotation lately and I haven't planned a vacation:eek:. I think I'll be excited when it's time to go home! Hopefully we will have enough airmiles built up. I think I get three weeks holidays.

Cookie** lol...that's something like I'd do...check into the wrong thread. I think when we have a routine in place all will be well.. I don't like these really early mornings though. Last night I didn't move!

Ameila** hope all is well!!

I will try to come back again tonight!

Morning girls,

The last two days have been rest days - it feels like I haven't worked out in a week:eek: I'm off work today so its time to get my groove back;)

Not sure what workout im doing today? My foot was sore yesterday so I don't want to push it too much. Maybe another powerwalk + some weights. We're suppose to take the kiddo's to the park later...if it doesn't rain.

I've actually thought about doing one of Cathe's step workouts but without a step? I miss doing her steps:( Even a 4"step aggravates my foot.:(

Belinda-Sorry your nose is clogged up, thats a bummer. Ugh. Sending you healing vibes girl. I don't have any Turbo Jams, I've got one that I downloaded years ago off the internet called "kick, jab and crunch' or something of that nature:confused: But im seriously looking into buying the 5 disc set. I really like Charlene's bubbly attitude when I don't feel like working out.

Lori-Yay on day 2 of work. I too get the guilts just about everyday when I leave my kids to go to work. Its hard - it was really hard when I worked nights but now that im on mornings at least I get to spend the evening with them:) Nice workout yesterday.

Kristin-Glad to hear your fence is up and you have some privacy again. We have a chain linked fence in our back yard and lately its hardly giving us any privacy...specially when our dogs are back there barking at our neighbors dogs and waking up the whole neighborhood :rolleyes: DH and I are considering getting something to put up to block their view of the other dogs...its all such a PITA:eek:

Cookie-:confused: on your co-worker. Yep, KPC may be in order:eek: I've never heard of that diet before...may check it out. But im afraid if I spend any more $ on the next diet fab my DH will lock me in a closet for good:eek: Oh and BTW, I sold all my WWer stuff on ebay and got my money back - I know, im awful:rolleyes: I wasn't doing it so why not make my money back on it?:p Have a good workout today.

Deb-Glad to hear you had a good time with your inlaws. Nice job on your workout too. I too need a recommendation for a good book to read. The last three books I've read were so boring I couldn't finish them.

Hello to Phatgryl

ok...off to be productive. I will bbl with my workout report.:)

Last edited:
Good afternoon,

I did TJ - 20 min and a 30 min circuit style wo.

Amelia - I had no idea Beachbody has downloads? If you find a good price on the Turbo Jam workouts, let me know! Of course, if I see/hear something will let you know too;). Are you not doing WW anymore? I thought you just started? DH reminded me, I had way to many wo dvds when I told him I wanted to order TJ,:confused: LOL!

Lori - don't feel guilty. Your kids gonna be fine. They get used to it. Do you work full time? Good luck with everything.

Waving Hi to everyone that checks in after me. We have dog training tonight, so I will be back in the morning.

Hey Belinda, Nice workout. Im surfing the web trying to find a good deal on TJ, so far Ebay & Amazon seems to have the best price. And no..not following WWers anymore. For some reason I can't bring myself to count points or calories at this point. I get frustrated, impatient and bored with all of it....perhaps Im just not ready to commit yet? I dunno...but I need to lose at least 30lbs:( -- LOL at your DH saying you had too many workouts. :p

4 mile power walk done today at my favorite park:D

have a great day girls

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.