Your Opinion: Cathe's Best Lower Body Workout?

Hi!

Can you share what workouts of Cathe's meet the "metabolic" criteria? Is this routine overworking the body parts or do you use light weight for the metabolic workouts? This sounds great and want to possible give it a try!

Denise

[QUOTE="

Can you share what workouts of Cathe's meet the "metabolic" criteria? Is this routine overworking the body parts or do you use light weight for the metabolic workouts? This sounds great and want to possible give it a try!

Denise[/QUOTE]

On my Metabolic days I don't go as heavy at all. I save my heavy days for the total body days. However, on the Metabolic days, I don't just use 3 pounders either, which would be no challenge for me. I just give myself a nice little challenge of 5-12 pounders, depending on how I am feeling.

Here are some workouts that I consider Metabolic:

Ice Metabolic Total Body
Afterburn
CrossFire (a favorite)
To the Max
Ice Low Impact Sweat
RWH Hiit Circuit Upper Body
X10
Flex train
Supercuts
Athletic Training
Cardio Supersets

Also, I would like to add the Michelle Dozois' Cardio Strength Workouts are really great Metabolic challenges and perfect for the rotation I mentioned above.

Generally, these are workouts that incorporate weights and cardio somewhat simultaneously. Not just cardio, not just weights. Also not a circuit variety wherein you do cardio, then halt the cardio to do the weight work and vice-versa, but working the two in conjunction throughout the workout.

Last edited:
[QUOTE="

Denise

On my Metabolic days I don't go as heavy at all. I save my heavy days for the total body days. However, on the Metabolic days, I don't just use 3 pounders either, which would be no challenge for me. I just give myself a nice little challenge of 5-12 pounders, depending on how I am feeling.

Here are some workouts that I consider Metabolic:

Ice Metabolic Total Body
Afterburn
CrossFire (a favorite)
To the Max
Ice Low Impact Sweat
RWH Hiit Circuit Upper Body
X10
Flex train
Supercuts
Athletic Training
Cardio Supersets

Also, I would like to add the Michelle Dozois' Cardio Strength Workouts are really great Metabolic challenges and perfect for the rotation I mentioned above.

Generally, these are workouts that incorporate weights and cardio somewhat simultaneously. Not just cardio, not just weights. Also not a circuit variety wherein you do cardio, then halt the cardio to do the weight work and vice-versa, but working the two in conjunction throughout the workout.[/QUOTE]

Thanks so much! I may give this a try. I forgot about Michelle's Cardio Strength workouts (which I love)......

I still feel Cathe makes the best and most diverse lower body workouts in the industry. I feel lucky to have so many to pick & choose from. My personal faves are LIS Tri-Sets (excellent booty (and pure strength) results here!) & Legs & Glutes. I find anything using the glide discs very effective in shaping the legs & calves, plus it offers up some variety to fight any boredom. While I love doing heavy deadlifts (+ all of it's variations) & squats, I think I'd probably get bored with just those. lol.
YES... to all of this @~Elsie . :)

There is a nice variety of excellent lower body routines in the Cathe Live archive now also.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.