your number one motivational song

mommacody

Cathlete
i am running tomorrow in a 5 mile race that i do each year. my ipod needs an overhaul and i don't have enough time to do it by tomorrow morning. but i'd love to throw some new stuff on there for tomorrow. it's a killer, uphill for most of the time, so i need some hard core motivation!

thanks in advance :)

Absolutely nothing motivates me like Cardio Coach. Just about all I have on my iPod is Cardio Coach;) :7

I like "Burn Rubber" by the Gap Band when I need to kick it up a notch".

Oh, and Paranoid or Ironman by Ozzy Osbourne are hardcore pedal to the metal songs!:7

Anything dance/tech type music works too.

The 11 minute long DJ Tiesto remixed Sunrise version of Silence by Delerium featuring Sarah McLachlin always does it for me. If it comes on my iPod at the end of a run, I'm golden:)

>i've done the itreads, but not cardio coach. can i use CC
>outside?

I use CC for elliptical workouts, but I know lot's of people who use it for walking/running outside.

Music tastes or so very subjective so I don't tend to make suggestions in that area.

However I would very much like to wish you the best of luck tomorrow and kudos to you!!!! I live in a very hilly area and have frequently raced on those kinds of hilly courses.

In fact, tomorrow I'll be racing in my own killer 10k.

Good luck!

ShellyC

My #1 song for cranking out the miles on my spin bike is Don't stop till you get enough - Michael Jackson

Hungry Like the Wolf--Duran Duran

Crazy in Love--Beyonce

Both of these really make me go.

Good Luck tomorrow!

Pippa

"Lose Yourself" by Eminem, "Shoot out the Lights" by Richard Thompson, and "I Wanna Be Sedated" and "Teenage Lobotomy" by the Ramones.

Oh, and "Bastards of Young," by The Replacements.

I'm a dork, you don't want to know what songs motivate me... but I just wanted to say GOOD LUCK to you in your 5 mile race! :D

Good luck in your 5 mile race!!! I am probably a dork too but for running I would like "Right Now" by Van Halen...:)

"Living on a Prayer" by Bon Jovi came up on my iPod the other day when I was running. Haven't heard it in a while and it gave me the extra jolt to push onward! :p

The songs that gives me a rush is "Proud Mary" and "the Best" by Tina Turner. You can't go wrong with movie themes (Rocky I&II).

Kassia,
I smiled b/c I like all those songs!! 80s music rocks!

I always get a jolt of energy when I hear:

Are You Gonna Be My Girl? by Jet (my skydiving theme song)
Rain in the Summertime - The Alarm
You Better You Bet - The Who
How Soon is Now? - The Smiths
She's So Cold - The Stones
Hot in the City - Billy Idol
Bad - U2

Cathy :)

"I always loved running...You could go in any direction, fast or slow as you wanted, fighting the wind if you felt like it, seeking out new sights just on the strength of your feet and the courage of your lungs."
-Jesse Owens

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.