your number one motivational song

I like
1. Sistas Are Doin' It For Themselves--by Eurythmics (featuring Aretha Franklin)
2. Independent Woman-Destiny's Child

I agree with the Tina Turner suggestions. Proud Mary totally makes me want to workout!

And I'll join in the embarrassment--I like Eye of the Tiger too! I also like "Livin' in America" from Rocky 4--both workout inspirational and July 4th appropriate :)

Good Luck Tomorrow!

wow! thank you all so much for such great suggestions. i actually have so many of these already on different "running" playlists on my ipod. i think i'm going to combine all these suggestions and bring you all with me tomorrow :)

My all time favorite 'Get your game face on and get to it.' song is Toni Basil's 'We're Ready Now'. I first heard it in this awful film called 'Gimme an F'...hey I was a teen. But it really pumps me up. I have been trying desperately to find it on cd or as a download and I haven't been able to find it anywhere. My cassette is in pretty bad shape..it is a copy of a copy of a copy of a copy of the original.

I used to listen to this song right before competetion. I used to compete in martial arts competitions. The line that got me going...'Not next week, not next year, not next time but RIGHT NOW! WE'RE READY NOW.'

I'm still looking for this song on cd or something. :)

Hope it's not too late to throw in my suggestions:)

Break on Through-The Doors
Run Like Hell-Pink Floyd
We Will Rock You-Queen
Radar Love-Golden Earring
Defying Gravity-Wicked Soundtrack
Barracuda-Heart
Running on Empty-Jackson Browne

Good luck with your race tomorrow!

Jacque

"Firestarter" by The Prodigy.

"Smack My B***h Up" by The Prodigy.

"Hot Ride" by The Prodigy.

"Fuel My Fire" by The Prodigy.

Yeah, a lot of Prodigy songs. :) They're fast-paced and energetic, and they make me want to just expend any last shred of energy I have left!!

>"Firestarter" by The Prodigy.
>
>"Smack My B***h Up" by The Prodigy.
>
>"Hot Ride" by The Prodigy.
>
>"Fuel My Fire" by The Prodigy.
>
>Yeah, a lot of Prodigy songs. :) They're fast-paced and
>energetic, and they make me want to just expend any last shred
>of energy I have left!!

That's so funny! After I posted my suggestions I was listening to my iPod and "Breathe" and "Smack My B***h Up" came on and I was thinking I should of said some Prodigy songs. They really make you want to move!

Pushing Forward Back from Temple of the Dog (back in the early to mid 90's!).

"Life is short so be the best you can be every day of your life!" :)

"Running feels great for my soul!" :)

:) CHEETAH :)

HOPE EVERTHING WENT WELL

Strange music taste:

Rockstar by NERD the best line is them repeating, "It's almost over now."

Go hard or go home - E40

Have a Nice Day -single(fast version) Bon Jovi

Fighter- Christina Auguillera

Ma'ma Said Knock You Out -- LL Cool J (best line, "don't call it a comeback I've been here years)

Thank God I'm A Country Boy-- John Denver

KIM

I know it's cheesy but nothing gets me through the last leg of a run like Gloria Gaynor's "I will survive". :)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.