Your Ideal Day

lrusso

Cathlete
I know so many places are having extreme heat these days. Some people like it hot. I was just curious to see the different opinions on everyones ideal day. I think mine would be 78 and sunny, although I do love the occasional rain storm. I have seen enough snow for a life-time being from Up-state N.Y. orginally. What is your perfect weather?

My ideal day is about 72 to 75 degrees with a nice breeze. I don't like summer at all temperatures above 78 is too hot for me, I'm in Westland MI we have had temperatures of over 90 for too many days in a row for me and before yesterday it didn't rain for close to 3 weeks. I do enjoy a good thunderstorm especially at bedtime.

...Cheryl

My ideal day is no hotter than 80 with a slight breeze. I prefer hot over winter. I hate being cold. I Love a thunderstorm at bedtime. We had a horrible storm last weekend in Maryland. Lots of tree damage and power outages with temps 100.

Jean

Low 70's, breezy, and in the low 50's at night. That's my perfect day and we had a lot of them this spring in PA. Now, though, it's in the 90's humid, and no rain :(

Oh well, it IS summer :)

It's a 100 bajillion here today, and I hate heat.

Perfect is no more than 60 degrees. From there it can be sunny, cloudy, rainy, snowy, windy, still, I don't care. Open up the windows and let it in.

I'm a winter girl at heart. 20 degrees and 2 feet of snow I can handle. Heat make me wanna keel over.

Nan

Love the heat, hate the cold. It's unfortunate I live in Canada and have to deal with the dreaded winter :(. If I never had to see snow again, I'd be ok with that :D.

For beach trips, I'm lovin' me 100F+ (yes, I'm a sicko). Generally, I like my days to be in the 80's with a nice light breeze. Just thinking about how summer will end in a little over two months makes me want to cry :(.

Natasha

Love the heat, hate the cold. It's unfortunate I live in Canada and have to deal with the dreaded winter :(. If I never had to see snow again, I'd be ok with that :D.

For beach trips, I'm lovin' me 100F+ (yes, I'm a sicko). Generally, I like my days to be in the 80's with a nice light breeze. Just thinking about how summer will end in a little over two months makes me want to cry :(.

Natasha

I am with you. The hotter the better. We have been having a heatwave in NJ for a while and I love it.

I can't stand the winter or the snow.

mini-natty said:

Natasha

Same here! I would love to move to a warmer climate, but we tied here for the time being. Boo.

I am a New Englander transplanted to FL in 1998. I LOVE the weather here in FL during the winter. Our summer is a shorter version of the winters I endured up north. However, lately the weather has been cooler here than in most of the country.

Our hurricane season can be horrible, but there is something to deal with whereever you live.

Lisa

It's a 100 bajillion here today, and I hate heat.

Perfect is no more than 60 degrees. From there it can be sunny, cloudy, rainy, snowy, windy, still, I don't care. Open up the windows and let it in.

I'm a winter girl at heart. 20 degrees and 2 feet of snow I can handle. Heat make me wanna keel over.

Nan

I'm with you Spyrosmom on that, nothing above 60 is ideal for me. I live in Phoenix so we don't see that too often. But when it does get cold around here I love it, can't stand the heat.

I am a New Englander transplanted to FL in 1998. I LOVE the weather here in FL during the winter. Our summer is a shorter version of the winters I endured up north. However, lately the weather has been cooler here than in most of the country.

Our hurricane season can be horrible, but there is something to deal with whereever you live.

Lisa

This sounds like me also, I moved to Fl. in 1996 from N.Y.and love the winters and deal with the summers just like I dealt with the winters up there. We did get a nasty hurricane season in 2004. And you're right we have been the cool spot this summer so far.

Yup, yup.... mid 70's, breezy, sunny, blue skies.... aaahhh.... that is my favorite weather. :) Hate. The. Cold. :mad: We were very, very fortunate here in SE PA last winter. We had NO snow!!! :eek: Sure, it was cold, but no snow! :cool:

My family back in London, UK, have had jeans and boots weather for weeks now. Bring it on!

I am not suited to the eternal 90+ temps we have been subject to here in Ann Arbor, MI for weeks already. People call Ann Arbor the "armpit of MI." due to the summer humidity. Yes indeed.

How can I maintain my active lifestyle in all this heat? It's driving me nuts and I am losing my mind. I always rev up my fitness in the fall, gotta love that drop in temps so I can sleep again at night.

Perfect weather? Nothing above 78 degrees, sunny, clear, blue skies, some cloud, zero humidity. Crisp air. Something I an powerwalk through for hours to my heart's content.

Clare

Clare, we agree again...:)

I'm in New Hampshire too and fall is by far my favorite season. Hate the extreme cold, hate humidity.

I want it just humid enough so that I don't receive actual injury from static shock....that makes me very cranky!

I like a turtleneck, wooly socks, a hot cup of coffee, a great book....all following a fine, sweaty workout and a nice, hot shower.

I think 70's during the day and 50's at night is completely reasonable.

Fun post! DH and I went to Jamaica for our honeymoon and the weather there was just perfect. It was in the 80's and sunny but every afternoon around 4:00 there was a rain shower for about 30 min. All the plants and vegetation were so lush b/c of that little bit of daily rain. It would blow in and out and really not affect our day at all. I do like the seasons though and would like to see a little more snow in the winter.

My ideal day would be lying in a hammock in Hawaii, even though I have never been. I hear the weather is always perfect! Florida is too humid in the Summer even though I see people up North, Midwest and West have been sizzling hot more so than down here in FL!

Here in Ontario Canada summer is very short, bring it on! Hot is good, it only lasts for a short time, then it's back to snow before we know it. :eek:

Clare, we agree again...:)

I'm in New Hampshire too and fall is by far my favorite season. Hate the extreme cold, hate humidity.

I want it just humid enough so that I don't receive actual injury from static shock....that makes me very cranky!

I like a turtleneck, wooly socks, a hot cup of coffee, a great book....all following a fine, sweaty workout and a nice, hot shower.

I think 70's during the day and 50's at night is completely reasonable.

Suzanne:

maybe we were non-identical twins and we got separated at birth?!?!?!?! Maybe just sisters in spirit?! That's a nice idea.

Clare

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.