Your first EVER exercise video?

20 Minute Workout w/ Bess Mota.

I love those workouts! I have yet to find a quick and effective workout like the video or the TV series that aired in the 80's.

That Jane Fonda workout video with the monkey arms and farmer music was my first one too! That's to funny I thought for sure that no one else had ever done that one.

Stacy

I am so glad someone else remembers Chicken Fat! I thought maybe it was a figment of my imagination! Come to think of it now, it might have been even earlier than 1969?

Nancy: I'll hum a few bars tomorrow night at dinner! :D It's heeelarious! I'm gonna have to go do a Google search on it now...

O.K., so here's some Chicken Fat info I got off the web:

Robert Preston - Chicken Fat

A song written by Meredith Wilson of "Music Man" fame. It was commissioned by John Kennedy for his new Youth Fitness Program. A copy of this record was sent to every school in the U.S. with the idea that it would be played over the P.A. every morning while students did calisthenics. Imagine Harold Hill leading a Jazzercise class. There is a 6:30 School Version, and a 2:30 DJ version.

- J.D. Mack

Somebody remembered doing it around 1967 and Kennedy died in 1963, so it's been around since the early sixties. Apparently, NPR did a piece on it not so long ago too. What's old is new again! Sometimes it's just best to let things go...:7

I was able to find an MP3 file and heard it from start to finish! But I'm perplexed because I can't bring it up again! It was a hoot and I was smilin' from ear to ear. At least we were moving! I hear the kids don't even have to have P.E. these days!

Another vote for Abs of Steel and Buns Of Steel. Both with Tamilee Webb. Back then, I swore she had butt implants! It was so fake looking.

Not sure I should admit this but we do "Monkey Arm" moves all the time in my classes! http://www.techhelpers.net/e4u/animal/795.gif[/img]
Your-Friend-In-Fitness, DebbieH http://www.handykult.de/plaudersmilies.de/wavey.gif[/img] If You Get The Choice To Sit It Out Or Dance...I Hope You DANCE!!!

My first workout video was many years ago and it was some girl by the name of Bess (Moss?). Can't remember the last name. She had long dark, curly hair, and wore leg warmers, I do believe. I remember it was a 20 minute workout. However, I do remember before that I bought albums with picture books by Kathy Smith and Joannie Greggans!!

I had that exercise audio tape with picture book of Joanie Greggans. I always tried to exercise with her on TV too.

Then a friend introduced me to Kathy Smith's Fat Burning Workout with rubberbands for resistance.

I joined a gym for awhile then I got married and had children. My first STEP videos were Kari Anderson and Barbara McDermott.

I was getting bored and I stumbled across a video by the instructor's instructor, Cathe! and haven't turned back since.

Joyce

My mom had the Jane Fonda workout where the woman sings, "There's so much more to you that meets the eye..." I used to workout to this one, but my very first workout I ever owned is Cindy Crawford's Shape Your Body. It is still one of my all time favorites!

:)

Jane Fonda's videos at first (thought they were hard, ha)then found Kathy Smith (who was harder), then on to the Firms for several years, exclusively. I found Cathe through the Firm forum about 2 years ago and have never looked back.
Lynn

>I think my first exercise video was Susan Powter.:eek:

Susan Powter? I think I'd be too scared to do a workout with her-LOL! Her personality seems so intimidating, like "Okay, get through these crunches or else I'm coming through your tv after you!" :eek:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.