Your Favorite "Signature" Scent?

RE: Your Favorite

I wear perfume oils (pure oils) from a place called www.BlackPhoenixalchemylab.com.

I am mostly a Limited Edition Whore.....and you can sometimes find certain LE's on ebay. Some of my signature's are Snake Charmer, Mme Moriarty, Smut (don't laugh -- it's yummy) and out of the General Catalog scents, Bordello, Dorian, Alice, Chimera and Snake Oil to name a few.

Beth (the owner) is a scent goodess and makes a wide variety of blends so there's something for everyone. Don't let the Gothic theme of the website scare you. You can also find reveiws at www.BPAL.org (which is the Forum).

I haven't worn commercial perfume for about 10-15 years.

Prior to buying Black Phoenix, I wore www.DSHperfumes.com pure Essense Oils from her shop. Her prices skyrocketed though...so I found Black Phoenix.

I probably wouldn't have bought it for myself, but I love Britney Spears Fantasy. My dd's bought it for me for Christmas (it's a pretty pink bottle, I think that's why they picked it!) and I love it! Very light fragrance. I am really not much of a perfume wearer normally.

My new favorite is Falling In Love by Philosophy. It's so fresh and light! Perfect for summer. I also love Design, Giorgio, Pleasures, Warm Vanilla Sugar, and Om (Gap).

In the winter I love to just wear patchouli oil or Om. I love spicy, woodsy scents.

~Jamie

I loved Tuxedo and Armani both are discounted. My favorite are Sand and Sable, and Chloe. I also enjoy Noir, a litte strong for daytime but still a good one. There are a few others as well. Annette

I love Chance by Chanel and my newest purchase, Burberry London. I actually went to Nordstrom looking for a new bottle of Chance and the lady behind the counter pointed out the Burberry scent to me.

I love it!!! I always get asked what I am wearing when I wear the Burberry perfume.

I also love the Victoria's Secret body sprays. I always find myself coming back to the Amber Romance, even when I venture out for other things!

for everyday use I love Bath and Body "sweet pea" & "cucumber melon"

And for more formal its White Diamonds by liz Taylor! I also like Elizabeth Ardens sunflowers,and Happy by Clinque and Bahama by... I forgetx( (i think by tommy)

The only scent I ever wear is Chanel No. 5
I like to stick to one scent so it always reminds my DH of me when he smells it.
Aqua Di Gio is his scent and I loved it till DS,7 bathed in it to smell like Dad!:eek:
LD

Seconding Lorajc's rave of Black Phoenix Alchemy Lab. Once I found these scents, I don't ever want anything else. Beth is a true alchemist, I'm convinced of that. These are all-natural oils. My favorite so far is Dee, but there are so many to try yet.

Lorajc, You are brave for going for the Limited Editions - are they really better than General Catalogue scents? I haven't dipped my toe into those scary waters yet, because I'm afraid I'll fall desperately in love with something and not be able to find it or pay an absolute fortune.

Fun topic!

Depends on the mood. "Signature" I'd have to say Je Reviens. If I'm feeling moody - Silences. If I'm feeling sexy - Niki de St. Phalle. If I'm feeling sophisticated (OK, that doesn't happen too often!) Paloma Picasso. If I'm feeling vulnerable - essential oil of rose.

Suzanne

My favorite scent is Diva by Ungaro in the winter, and for the summer I wear L'or De Torrente'. :)

Melrose - I have about an equal number of fave's from the general catalog and limited editions....however, my MOST favorite all time scent is Snake Charmer and I've paid $60 a bottle on Ebay about 3 times so far. I still have about 5 bottles....but the bottles are small! I'm hoping she does a Carnivale Noir run next season with a small limited comeback of it.

Snow White is another one I'm madly in love with and it didn't come back this past Christmas (it was a Yule LE).

Isn't BPAL fun and addicting?? I sell LE samples on the forum over there. There's a big update coming this weekend....Lunar update and possible the next act of the Carnivale.

Did you see the LE Beth put up on the day Paris Hilton went to Jail? It was funny. She called it the Bastile Day Update and said it would be for sale as long as Paris was in the slammer! Too funny. The scents were Privilege and Pruno. Beth is a real character!

I did see that Paris Hilton update - you're right, she's a hoot! Her sense of humor and poetic way of writing make me enjoy the scents almost as much as the way they smell.

I'll check out LE samples for sale, but knowing my addictive tendencies, I'll probably regret it - or, at least my husband will!

I know I am late posting on this topic .. but I was thinking about this the other day .. how people wear different scents and it describes their personality ..

.. I wear Tommy Girl during the day .. real clean scent .. and not bothersome (heavy) to wear at the office ..

.. and for nights out .. Lancome "Oui" .. it is a super clean sexy scent ... I always get compliments .. it is light but sexy ...

I also like OP Juice, Cool Water by Davidoff, and J Lo's Glow for summer days .. :)

Another Pure Grace by Philosophy fan here! I also love Very Sexy by Victoria's Secret for a little spice;-)

1. Burberry Tender Touch
2. Zara Orange Shantung (not a very strong scent but still quite heavenly, I think)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.